Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Someone should tell them if you use badass music you need to match it with what's being displayed, the dude looked like something out of the Dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lordfrikk posted:

Someone should tell them if you use badass music you need to match it with what's being displayed, the dude looked like something out of the Dinosaurs.

Yet another case where straight up tracing the manga pages would have resulted in a more visually striking scene.

I swear the anime is looking shittier and shittier as time goes on, this should have been a scene they would have budgeted for but instead it looks like an intern handled it.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 9, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

AFAIK that filler arc was from before they ran stuff past Oda.

Yeah, they stuck in a df power to talk to animals even though I'm sure Oda had thought up Chopper and Roger's weird ability by that point. It also had Zoro cutting steel, as I recall.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up.

Getting outsmarted by Luffy. :negative:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gyges posted:

New Episode is up.

Getting outsmarted by Luffy. :negative:
I'm worried we won't get a new theme until the line in the manga where Zoro says "The new world starts here". Which will be like 40 weeks from now :negative:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah it's a little frustrating, everything in the OP is out of date. Which is really weird given the history of the OP's.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I hope they are working on some awesome 8 minute long opening that sums up the series or something so they can do less padding, hell bring back the endings too I always liked those.

RADmadness
Feb 17, 2011
Is the new movie out and where can one get hold of it in Europe?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's just come out in cinemas in Japan so, outside of a dodgy cam-rip, no-one anywhere else going to be seeing it for a few months.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's just come out in cinemas in Japan so, outside of a dodgy cam-rip, no-one anywhere else going to be seeing it for a few months.
It seems like it takes longer than a year for movies to come out in Japan from cinema to DVD release. I don't know if it's true, but it's definitely not the 3-4 months it is in the USA.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I really did not see Zoro killing the dragon coming (also the battle was not as great as I had hoped). This is exactly why I can't watch Toriko. "Here's a mythical creature, the last of its kind! ...and it's dead." It's a shame they didn't bring Brook along with his history with that samurai, but I guess I see what's going to happen since he was mistook for dead. And too bad Sanji didn't come to cook the dragon. Seems like a waste to have someone else cook it.

I'm overthinking One Piece...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Strong World was released in theaters about the same time as Film Z, and I want to say there were subs for it by April or so. I could be wrong though.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shadow0 posted:

I really did not see Zoro killing the dragon coming (also the battle was not as great as I had hoped). This is exactly why I can't watch Toriko. "Here's a mythical creature, the last of its kind! ...and it's dead." It's a shame they didn't bring Brook along with his history with that samurai, but I guess I see what's going to happen since he was mistook for dead. And too bad Sanji didn't come to cook the dragon. Seems like a waste to have someone else cook it.

I'm overthinking One Piece...

Do not worry they give excellent resolutions to all sorts of plot threads in this arc it way better then Fishman Island. No loving dozen episode long flashbacks

bondster
May 6, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

I'm worried we won't get a new theme until the line in the manga where Zoro says "The new world starts here". Which will be like 40 weeks from now :negative:

Nah they are probably saving the new OP for when that character shows up.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

bondster posted:

Nah they are probably saving the new OP for when that character shows up.

Sabo? :v:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow0 posted:

I really did not see Zoro killing the dragon coming (also the battle was not as great as I had hoped).

Which is a shame, because this fight is legitimately awesome in the manga, one of my favourites of the arc, just this great intense burst of action that lasts just one chapter, but if it moved at the speed it was depicted as in the comic it would have lasted all of 3 minutes.

socialsecurity posted:

Do not worry they give excellent resolutions to all sorts of plot threads in this arc it way better then Fishman Island. No loving dozen episode long flashbacks

On the other hand, they make up for it by having a flashback within a flashback within a flashback.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up.

I'm pretty sure that's not how that magic trick it done. No pretty assistant, ta-da, or flashy cutting machine.

Also Centaur Power!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't remember the part where Usopp saw the harpy, so I went back to reread the chapter... and it looks like, instead of a full 1 to 1 conversion like normal, they're only using half the chapter for this episode. :stare:

The pacing's bad enough with the material already stretched so thin, why are they making it even worse?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

So wait. Does it cover half the chapter and adds some filler, or do they pad out reaction faces and recaps and panning shots even more than they normally do?

Either way, that sounds painful.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luffy special is out subbed.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Srice posted:

So wait. Does it cover half the chapter and adds some filler, or do they pad out reaction faces and recaps and panning shots even more than they normally do?

Either way, that sounds painful.

Both, actually. The filler stuff is occasionally interesting but usually it just draws out a gag or adds unneeded exposition.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Srice posted:

To put it in perspective, the part I couldn't remember was the bottom third of a page, just four/five panels, which they then stretched the hell out of in the anime, making what should be a quick glance into a long, long stare. The Master doesn't show up until next chapter, too, so everything with him is filler. Not bad filler, mind, but it definitely feels like it's just there to pad out time rather than add anything useful to the story.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just got to the part where there's a cannon that ate a devil fruit and became an alpaca. And his name is Alpacacino.

Sometimes I love One Piece filler.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Ohhh, so that explains why the island is like that. Now getting impatient for the answers to the various odd things that pop up. It's the first time I've started an arc week by week from the beginning. I'm not used to not getting all the answers to what's going on within a day due to marathoning.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

They need to make an album out of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZyH2v8Pl50

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode

I wish every episode padded out it's run time like this one did. With the exception of flashing back to a few minutes earlier in the episode, which at least sort of worked. And that was some good music at the end of the Biscuit Room portion of the episode.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

And that was some good music at the end of the Biscuit Room portion of the episode.

I actually thought the music when Nami was doing whatever was actually kind of strange.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was expecting it to suddenly turn into Roundabout for some reason.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Sakurazuka posted:

I was expecting it to suddenly turn into Roundabout for some reason.

You're not the only one.

Why don't they make silly filler crossover of the Strawhats meeting JoJo?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Sekkira posted:

You're not the only one.

Why don't they make silly filler crossover of the Strawhats meeting JoJo?

Because the Jojo's anime is too recent, most likely. Maybe in a few seasons.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Looks like the Anime is really going to improve this season which seemed slow and plodding. I really loved the latest episode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Flameingblack posted:

Looks like the Anime is really going to improve this season which seemed slow and plodding. I really loved the latest episode.

Lets not go getting our hopes up off one episode.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone notice there was a new One Piece special "Luffy's Episode: Adventure on Hand Island"? It came out back in December, but I don't remember anyone posting about it. I just found it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shadow0 posted:

Did anyone notice there was a new One Piece special "Luffy's Episode: Adventure on Hand Island"? It came out back in December, but I don't remember anyone posting about it. I just found it.

I've been aware of it, but I haven't seen subs for it yet. :( Unless I've been missing them.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I've been aware of it, but I haven't seen subs for it yet. :( Unless I've been missing them.

There are subs for it out there.

I liked Episode of Luffy personally. The remake of Luffy's flashback was pretty well done and seeing Coby and Helmeppo post-timeskip is pretty great as well!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The pace has picked up pretty fierce, we're getting like two chapters worth of stuff an episode now. I liked how the manga handled this arc for the most part but I'm honestly loving the anime even more right now. I didn't even have a problem with the dragon fight like some people did cause I didn't think the original was all that epic to begin with.

Edit: Although I did love the Marineford-esque scenes of Nami, Franky and Sanji seemingly running forever only to be caught up with by the kids literally a second after they chase after them, and later clearing about a foot every 2 seconds.

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 5, 2013

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Those giant babies have really long strides. :shrug:

Why are they even running in the first place? Just beat the crap out of them already!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Was the baby added, or was there always a baby in the manga? I don't remember it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

The pace has picked up pretty fierce, we're getting like two chapters worth of stuff an episode now.

Nope, it's the inverse. The last two episodes have covered a single chapter. They're literally taking the two pages that the crew don't immediately help the children in and stretching it out to just under five minutes worth of filler.

There's also no baby. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

So Brook gets into a fight with a semi-samurai, and my two favorite motherfuckers go to town on a bunch of weird hazmat dudes?

Man, the last arc was a chore, but this show's finally picking up again.