Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

How much time should I give my cards/gifts if I am sending them from Texas to our Canadian goons? I know stuff takes a bit of extra time to get there and I want all of the packages to get to you guys all around the same time and need to know how much sooner I should send the Canadian packages out compared to the packages for the USA goons.

I also got your creepy postcard to Pez Master and now I can safely say I have meet somebody with worse hand writing then myself, the wife and I was able to decipher about 3/4 the post card. Regardless on that I love the creepy three eyed thing on the front and getting something hand written is always amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I feel so honored to be a recipient of one of PezMaster's drunken postcards. At first I was like "WTF is this goon rambling about? Did he/she send me a card intended for someone else?" Then I saw who it was from. I figure I can best respond via a note card with the original note written in it, and my response. Thanks for the laugh!

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Long overdue thanks-

lamb - loved the sci-fi santa card and those coconut clouds look delicious!
Team Lunch - hopefully you got my card in response, but thanks again for the fantastic Murderface drawing!! It's just what I wanted.
Dee - I love the crustacean poem! I get the feeling this will one of those weird little rhymes that I will never forget. Considering you haven't forgotten it since middle school. :haw:
Andaley - very cute kitty card, and very bizarre blank Trunks Dragonball card (in some foreign language- Italian?). I have a good friend who had a crush on Trunks when we were kids, so I taped the card onto the back of her Christmas present.

Also thanks to Jimmy da Fish, Thermophonic Joy, IMJack, Party Hat, and marlowe for all your beautiful, lovely cards. It really made my break even better.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
Pezmaster Were the fries good? They sounded like they were good.

I sent out some penpal letters late last week. Looking forward to getting some myself!

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
I'm planning on starting my Valentine's Day cards tomorrow! So excited I bought a whole bunch last year the week after Valentine's!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Paradox Personified posted:

Sendin' some Cajun love your way guys, have a good da-WAIT WHAT GOURMET DONUTS?!! How could you not duct tape one to the postcard? I take it back you're horrible people go away stop it.

Those, my friends, are not just donuts. Those are Voodoo Donuts. They are magical. And they are open 24hrs. And they have donuts shaped like penises. Also, Triple Chocolate Penetration.

Rythe posted:

How much time should I give my cards/gifts if I am sending them from Texas to our Canadian goons? I know stuff takes a bit of extra time to get there and I want all of the packages to get to you guys all around the same time and need to know how much sooner I should send the Canadian packages out compared to the packages for the USA goons.

I also got your creepy postcard to Pez Master and now I can safely say I have meet somebody with worse hand writing then myself, the wife and I was able to decipher about 3/4 the post card. Regardless on that I love the creepy three eyed thing on the front and getting something hand written is always amazing.

Give stuff for us Canadians about at least a half of a work week (more likely a full one). From the looks of it, it takes about 2+ weeks for things to show up from my hands to you goons down south.

Sorry about the writing. I do have horrible script, but you probably caught me somewhere in between glass of wine #8 and #11, so that made it all the more "creative".

Opera Bitch posted:

I feel so honored to be a recipient of one of PezMaster's drunken postcards. At first I was like "WTF is this goon rambling about? Did he/she send me a card intended for someone else?" Then I saw who it was from. I figure I can best respond via a note card with the original note written in it, and my response. Thanks for the laugh!

I'm glad you're going to respond - I have no memory of most of those post cards, so seeing the original note and your response will be hilarious. I do remember babbling a lot about Daniel Day Lewis - was that one yours?

Dushkani posted:

Pezmaster Were the fries good? They sounded like they were good.

I don't remember much, but I do remember those goddamn fries. Goddamn. I don't liked fried things, but they were calling to me like little salted angels covered in ketchup. :h:

Killamajig and I will be heading down to Seattle this weekend for our own little Christmas vacation (the ones we had with our families were far too stressful to be called "vacations"). We will be bringing a couple of bottles of wine/bubbly down with us - More drunken postcards anyone?

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

PezMaster posted:

More drunken postcards anyone?

Yes and please!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

PezMaster posted:

I'd love one! :dance:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

I took off anyone who hasn't posted before 12/1, but if you look over the last 5 pages or so you'll see who definitely plans on sticking around.

Sweet. Thank you for the intel. :D

Got a couple done already, I forgot how much fun this was. :sun:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
OperaBitch I got your card and loved the keychain. It's on my keys with pride!

lamb thank you so much for the seasonal goodies, just got them yesterday!

Pictures of the Christmas card flood of doom to come soon! GoonMail IS the best mail!!!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thank you to Dushkani, Shoozy and 13Pandora13! :) I got your cards for my mom yesterday. I am going to take them to her when I visit her in the hospital later today. She's still up and down so we're not sure yet when she'll be sent home. :sigh:

Shoozy - your mom makes adorable cards and I promise to make the brownies when my mom is feeling better.
13Pandora13 - your weiner dogs are very cute, especially Woody in the santa hat.
Dushkani - the foxy cubs are too sweet! :3:

crappy cell phone pic

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

This may be off topic but I know a few goons here make their own cards...are there any good websites/tutorials for card making?

Also I forgot to mention...lamb, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is one of my favourite holiday movies. I actually own it on DVD.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Thanks for holiday love, 13Pandora, PezMaster, Disargaria, IMJack, Jimmy Da Fish, cuntvalet (and another thanks to awesome Palette Swap!)!

I'm going to try to send more love out ASAP.

e: I have 7 cat magnets just in time for the holiday O'love. Are there 7 goons who would want a goofy cat magnet?

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 12, 2013

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

PezMaster posted:

Drunken postcards are the best :neckbeard:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

PezMaster posted:

Yes, please!

Actually, this sounds fun. I may do a few of these the next time I imbibe.

Apostate
Aug 7, 2006
There are some things you just don't want to know...
lamb thanks for the packet of goodies! Very awesome. Can I also take myself off the list? I am moving countries on the 22nd. I will be sending stuff out, but can't guarantee I'll get anything in.

Hemlock yay! glad you liked the card and bookmark. I'm sad to leave Paperchase behind; I'll have to find an equivalent back in Canada now.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

cuntvalet posted:

This may be off topic but I know a few goons here make their own cards...are there any good websites/tutorials for card making?

I have photoshop at home, and I have templates made up for various sizes of cards. When the urge strikes me, I just go paste in some pictures and pdf them, then take them to the little copy center I used to work at (yay for basic on the job graphic design skills) and ask them to print it. If you have photoshop, I'd be glad to send you the templates I have. If you don't, gimp is free and very similar.

When having them printed, ask for 65 or 80 pound stock, trimmed to full bleed and preferably creased on the fold.

Miss Areola Canasta
Oct 14, 2007

"You lookin' at me?"
More goonmail outgoing. :D

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Nation of Crustaceans made an awesome drawing of me and Kafka!

There I am on the right, staring longingly at my dear Franz. You got his starving artist gauntness just right. I really love this and am so excited to have another drawing of my username! :3:

jimmie sent me an awesome water color postcard. It's actually very detailed despite its size. The postcard came complete with a stamp of the queen mother! Love this also, thank you jimmie!

If anyone else has sent me something but has not received recognition in the thread, please let me know.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Dushkani posted:

I have photoshop at home, and I have templates made up for various sizes of cards. When the urge strikes me, I just go paste in some pictures and pdf them, then take them to the little copy center I used to work at (yay for basic on the job graphic design skills) and ask them to print it. If you have photoshop, I'd be glad to send you the templates I have. If you don't, gimp is free and very similar.

When having them printed, ask for 65 or 80 pound stock, trimmed to full bleed and preferably creased on the fold.

I meant more like the type of cards made with scrap book supplies (like genesplicer I think it is?) makes but I will definitely keep your offer in mind for when I finally dust off my copy of photoshop (I can hear it crying...it's lonely). :3: Fanks!

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I'm back from holiday travels and I'd like to send some super late thank yous to these wonderful people for their holiday cheer:
JimmyDaFish, Team Lunch, cardboardRobot, pennymay & revolther, Crazy Old Clarice (and family), IMJack, Kafka'sGoldfish, and thepitgoddess!
Thanks to you lugs I have more mail then I know what to do with! :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Shoozy for the christmas card. And holy crap! Dushkani sent me a Tard(grumpy cat) christmas card! It made me smile so big when I saw it. :3:

I also want to note that I got your letter, Mustard Master. Unfortunately for myself, I can't stand black liquorice so that'll have to be shared with whomever I can find that likes it.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got Cards (post or belated Christmas ones) from Disengaria, the Pitgoddess, and .... Tine? Sorry I haven't been posting lately--- I got taken out by that nasty flu going around and so I hope I've thanked everyone that was supposed to be thanked.

Is it too early to start the Valentine's Day gifting? I'm so excited to start sending stuff out! :-)

PS--- If you don't like Hello Kitty Stuff, we were NOT meant to be Goonvalentines! :-(

DLAO fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 13, 2013

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

DLAO posted:

Is it too early to start the Valentine's Day gifting?

Absolutely not!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I can't believe I only just found this thread! Count me in :3: I'm recently 24 as of January 9th, British and a bit of a geek, so anything space or tech or gaming would be awesome, particularly drawings and stuff. On the other side of that, I'll probably be mailing out weird British curiosities to all you Yankees. If anyone is interested in anything specific on that front let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Nicholas F
49 Jackson Avenue
Rochester
Kent
ME1 2SU
England

Harakiri
Dec 23, 2012

Do not attempt to leave the building.
I am a terrible pen pal, I tend to send 3 in depth, lovingly written letters then forget all about whoever I was supposed to be writing to. Sending random people from the Internet fun stuff when the mood strikes me I can manage though!

Samantha
43a Crescent Road
Barnet
Herts
EN4 9RD
UK

Send me: Pretty much anything, I just really like getting mail. I am 27, female and into games (Walking Dead, Silent Hill, various fantasy RPGs, that kind of stuff) horror movies/books, MtG, and cats.

kittentits
Feb 16, 2009
if you use my colored pencils you better put them back in rainbow order

Hemlock posted:

From the kindly Kitten Tits and her nieces I received a lovely handmade card sending me Norwegian goodwill!

Are you still seeing them regularly? I’d like to send something back (obviously to you) but to them too if it’s still appropriate? I’ll see if I can find something suitable in town tomorrow!

Ack, sorry about the late reply, I've been a bit absent from the boards the past couple of weeks. Yes, I'm still seeing them! I just now added our address to the Valentine's thread too, to be on the safe side. I'll also probably be seeing them for the rest of my life, so time should be of no essence when it comes to mailing them words and such!

For everyone else that sent us stuff: We received some more cards that we all opened together on New Year's Eve, and even the rest of the family ended up reading and looking through all the things you shoved in the envelopes. At one point my mother spun off into a story about her cross-stitching young days. :3: I'll post a more detailed thank-you in a little while. We're also replying to everyone that sent us something, so expect answers!

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I just send pen-pal letters to Team Lunch, Niemat, Dushkani, Cuntvalet, thepitgoddess and lamb. In the making are the letters for 13Pandora13, panorama-change, kafkasgoldfish and Rickycat. The letters should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience guys!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I received a couple of cards!

First from Mizufusion. One of your stickers took my new monitor's sticker virginity!

And thank you for your lovely goody-gram, Lamb! Neat stamps, too!

party hat fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 14, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

ManOfTheYear posted:

I just send pen-pal letters to Team Lunch, Niemat, Dushkani, Cuntvalet, thepitgoddess and lamb. In the making are the letters for 13Pandora13, panorama-change, kafkasgoldfish and Rickycat. The letters should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Me??? Oh, I cannot wait! :3:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thank you to Opera Bitch for the card for my mom! She seems slightly bemused by this whole "cards from internet strangers thing" but they are making her smile. If anyone else is still up for sending her a card, please do. It is still going to be awhile before she's feeling better. At least she's home from the hospital now.

And thank you also to Disargeria for the Harry Potter postcard. That made me smile. :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

Thank you to Opera Bitch for the card for my mom! She seems slightly bemused by this whole "cards from internet strangers thing" but they are making her smile. If anyone else is still up for sending her a card, please do. It is still going to be awhile before she's feeling better. At least she's home from the hospital now.

Sorry about the delay, Jimmy, I realized too late that all my cards were still at my apartment. Sending off your mom's card today! :)

Agnostic Prophet
Sep 11, 2001

My vast legion of killer monkey robots take pictures of you while you're sleeping.
Valentines day!!! yay!

281 Portsmouth drive
victoria bc
canada
v9c 1s1

nothing gross, or illegal, or anything that will make my mailman hate me, please.

i will be randomly sending out badly painted valentines and canadian tire money to a lucky few!

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
Disargeria I got that post card you were talking about, haha :). It was definitely about someone's wisdom teeth.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Bampf Kerpow! posted:

Disargeria I got that post card you were talking about, haha :). It was definitely about someone's wisdom teeth.

If you're havin' tooth problems I feel bad for you son
cause I sent like 99 postcards and you didn't get one

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Got a few v-tines ready to put in the mailbox. Huzzah.

I don't know all the new folks so I'm sorry if I send you something that ignores certain facts such as gender. I don't know who is boy and who is girl. Please forgive me if I send something girly to a fella, and vice versa. :kimchi: I wish I could send stuff to everyone but I hope that the stuff I am able to send brightens the days of at least a handful of folks.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 15, 2013

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just got all the envelopes addressed and the Lego separated and put into zip lock bags. I have to sign my super sweet awesome superhero valentines cards and think of and print out a clue to get you all to figure out what the puzzle will be and for those who can not figure it out a picture of the finished products.

Going to get the letter for the Canadians out in the mail here really soon, than all the state side letters about a week and a half later. I am hoping to have you all receive the gifts all about the same time.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Me??? Oh, I cannot wait! :3:

My love for all the goons is boundless and unlimited. Your address, though, is not on the list. I found it on the page 44, I hope it still is the same because I sent the letter today.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I have some ultra unique "stationery" ready to go for penpal replies. :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Got a very nice laser-etched card from When Worlds Collide. Brightened up a day when my boss had been a bit of a jerk. Thanks!