Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I opted to go with handmade cards for Valentine's day, as of right now I am going to do twelve. I might buy some pre-made ones if it turns out I want to send more. I've started stamping my envelopes and in case anyone is interested, Michael's crafts has a bunch of Valentines themed stamps that are $1.50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
A very, very long over due update. Just returned from being out of state; here are the cards I received while away!

Cards from Crazy Old Clarice, DALO, & Molten Llama

From NationofCrustaceans, Shoozy, Pezmaster & Killamajig NationofCrustaceans sent a whole sheet of stickers :neckbeard:

PezMaster and students sent this card. I recognized Princess Bubblegum by her tiara, and of course, all the pink. Thank you for the skiing internet fox!

Ashendar sent cards and a calendar!

Last but not least, Opera Bitch and JimmyDaFish! Opera Bitch sent me my first pen pal card, hooray!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me! I've started Valentines day cards an will write everyone who's written me and is still active on the thread (in Lamb's master list) plus to new people and a few more depending on how many stamps remain.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Team Lunch posted:

Last but not least, Opera Bitch and JimmyDaFish! Opera Bitch sent me my first pen pal card, hooray!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me! I've started Valentines day cards an will write everyone who's written me and is still active on the thread (in Lamb's master list) plus to new people and a few more depending on how many stamps remain.
Did I send you two cards? The red one with the bird on it and the frog one were both stationary I bought: I am totally not a stalker and I must have forgot I already sent you a card when the second one went out. Oh well, they are pretty to look at at least!

Edit: VVV Crazy Old Clarice, I looked at your posts in this thread for something I could talk to you about in my postcard and in one of them you mentioned his SA name, which is how I figured it out. So yeah, totally not stalking.

Opera Bitch fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 16, 2013

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

Opera Bitch posted:

Did I send you two cards? The red one with the bird on it and the frog one were both stationary I bought: I am totally not a stalker and I must have forgot I already sent you a card when the second one went out. Oh well, they are pretty to look at at least!

Opera Bitch, you might not be Team Lunch's stalker, but I think you are mine ... congrats on figuring out Mr. Clarice's secret identify SA name! We loved your seasonal card, and plan to send you back something for Valentine's Day. Thanks!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Got a few v-tines ready to put in the mailbox. Huzzah.

I don't know all the new folks so I'm sorry if I send you something that ignores certain facts such as gender. I don't know who is boy and who is girl. Please forgive me if I send something girly to a fella, and vice versa. :kimchi: I wish I could send stuff to everyone but I hope that the stuff I am able to send brightens the days of at least a handful of folks.

I got a lovely letter from you in the mail! Thank you! I'm waiting for a spare moment to reply, (and to have something interesting to say!)

I can't seem to find Valentine's that are goony enough this year! Where are you guys finding them all?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I mailed off my first cards today, one for jimmydafish's mum, and one for Dushkani, whose card/letter I have also received, it was lovely, thanks!

I'm going off to the Asian market tomorrow, if I can find them, would anyone like some Chinese New Year red envelopes/treats?

Geektox fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 22, 2021

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I can't seem to find Valentine's that are goony enough this year! Where are you guys finding them all?

I'm sending out these :3: I also got really stupid glittery Avengers ones from a Hallmark that was closing down.

I apologize for anyone who gets my last set of drunk postcards (and I hope they get to you safely). I not only wrote them drunk, but payed for postage and sent them off while drunk. Forgive me US postal service, I do not know how stamps work :(

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I got a lovely letter from you in the mail! Thank you! I'm waiting for a spare moment to reply, (and to have something interesting to say!)

Yay! Glad to hear. You don't have to make a big long reply if you don't have time. It's ok. :) I had fun writing, I haven't physically handwritten a letter for a veeeeery long time! So I had a lot of fun, and to be honest, it was nice to vent a little about how frustrating the past year (and depression! :D ) has been. Thanks again for encouraging me to do so. :)

I am sending Left 4 Dead valentines that I printed off from online. I guess I can spoil the surprise, cause Pezmasta mentioned the ones she's sending, so. :) But if you haven't seen them, please don't GIS! Let it be a surprise! :D

I have really been having fun with my colour laser printer. Took me a long time to actually use it, but now that I've been working on these, I am so glad I got it!

Glad to hear you got my late xmas card as well Genesplicer! There's a valentine coming soon. Hopefully you have played Left 4 Dead! But if not, it's ok. I tried to provide some variety. :sun:

If there's anyone that is really into L4D you better speak up now while I still have a few stamps left, haha. I'm po' but I try to do my best.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Mine aren't really goony - I grabbed a bunch from the dollar bins at Target and I'm going to add in a couple things to make it a tiny bit goony. Last year I sent out doofy Valentines of puppies and kittens - the kind that kids exchange in school. Got those from a dollar store.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Shoozy posted:

Mine aren't really goony - I grabbed a bunch from the dollar bins at Target and I'm going to add in a couple things to make it a tiny bit goony. Last year I sent out doofy Valentines of puppies and kittens - the kind that kids exchange in school. Got those from a dollar store.

Sounds like we might be sending out the same Valentines! :hfive: I picked up a bunch from the Target dollar bins too. I have some stickers and other stuff to add to them.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Geektox posted:

I'm going off to the Asian market tomorrow, if I can find them, would anyone like some Chinese New Year red envelopes/treats?

Ooooh.... I do! Please, please pick me!

I am having a hard time choosing between hello kitty and MLP valentines. MLP is probably goonier, right?

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Geektox posted:

That sounds great! I finished my cards today, and plan to send them out as soon as my PO gets its V-day stamps in stock.

EDIT: I was thinking about it, and for those of you planning on sending out Valentine's cards, can I ask that some be sent to my mom? She got out of a ten plus year relationship last year that wasn't going anywhere, with a guy who was pretty selfish for most of it. I'd love for her to actually get something in time for Valentine's day this year. All I ask is that you keep it clean. I would really appreciate it and I know she would find it funny.

Donna
C/O Naomi D.
27B Macdoughnough St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

Opera Bitch fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 16, 2013

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Just wanted to post a quick note to say thank you to everyone who sent goon mail...there was so. much. goonmail. Included in which were the most adorable little apple cross-stitch (how did you know I love apples???) and and a recipe for kimchi latkes! Awesome! I do intend to get back to everyone who sent me something if I haven't yet. And Abby Normal and Rythe's postcards were returned to me--I was especially bummed about Rythe's because I wrote the whole thing in fancy cursive and drew a (stick-figure) portrait of Rythe and his wife for a two-year anniversary present :( But yeah, goonmail made multiple days brighter, and I'm looking forward to continuing! Thanks to everyone who wrote so far :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Geektox posted:

That sounds really awesome! Count me in if there are any left unspoken for! :buddy:

when worlds collide posted:

Yay! Glad to hear. You don't have to make a big long reply if you don't have time. It's ok. :) I had fun writing, I haven't physically handwritten a letter for a veeeeery long time! So I had a lot of fun, and to be honest, it was nice to vent a little about how frustrating the past year (and depression! :D ) has been. Thanks again for encouraging me to do so. :)

No way, I want to write back! I love the idea of having a penpal. I think I lead a fairly boring existence nowadays, so I have to think of something entertaining to write other than 'I lost 42 lbs!' :dance: That fills up about one sentence, and then I'm stumped.

PezMaster posted:

I'm sending out these :3: I also got really stupid glittery Avengers ones from a Hallmark that was closing down.

Holy crap, those are impossibly cute. :3:

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Opera Bitch posted:

That sounds great! I finished my cards today, and plan to send them out as soon as my PO gets its V-day stamps in stock.

EDIT: I was thinking about it, and for those of you planning on sending out Valentine's cards, can I ask that some be sent to my mom? She got out of a ten plus year relationship last year that wasn't going anywhere, with a guy who was pretty selfish for most of it. I'd love for her to actually get something in time for Valentine's day this year. All I ask is that you keep it clean. I would really appreciate it and I know she would find it funny.

Donna
C/O Naomi D.
27B Macdoughnough St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

Tomorrow I will be in the touristy part of the city and will pick up something kitchy and awesome to send your mom.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

blinkeve1826 posted:

Just wanted to post a quick note to say thank you to everyone who sent goon mail...there was so. much. goonmail. Included in which were the most adorable little apple cross-stitch (how did you know I love apples???) and and a recipe for kimchi latkes! Awesome! I do intend to get back to everyone who sent me something if I haven't yet. And Abby Normal and Rythe's postcards were returned to me--I was especially bummed about Rythe's because I wrote the whole thing in fancy cursive and drew a (stick-figure) portrait of Rythe and his wife for a two-year anniversary present :( But yeah, goonmail made multiple days brighter, and I'm looking forward to continuing! Thanks to everyone who wrote so far :3:

Aww man that sucks, that postcard sounds pretty sweet, I haven't had trouble getting mail from anybody else, wonder what the issues was.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Opera Bitch posted:

Donna
C/O Naomi D.
27B Macdoughnough St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

I'll get one out to your mom!

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
Well, I just got some Valentines cards that need mailing, so I think I'll join in on this! (Also, my birthday is Jan. 27)
13 cr 6055
Farmington nm 87401

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Geektox posted:

I mailed off my first cards today, one for jimmydafish's mum, and one for Dushkani, whose card/letter I have also received, it was lovely, thanks!

This takes it to a new level of awesomeness! Pick me please! :-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Ooooh.... I do! Please, please pick me!

I am having a hard time choosing between hello kitty and MLP valentines. MLP is probably goonier, right?

Hello Kitty is better. ALWAYS

Oooo--- I'm so excited about Valentine's Day now. It's been depressing checking the mail lately and only seeing bills/junk. YAY for Goonholidays!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

Hello Kitty is better. ALWAYS

Oooo--- I'm so excited about Valentine's Day now. It's been depressing checking the mail lately and only seeing bills/junk. YAY for Goonholidays!

Seconding this. Hello Kitty is superior to all. Hands down.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I'm sure most of you have heard, but the post office is raising international mail rates as of Jan 27th.

https://www.usps.com/new-prices.htm

So, get your international mail out from the USA soon!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

thepitgoddess posted:

I'm sure most of you have heard, but the post office is raising international mail rates as of Jan 27th.

https://www.usps.com/new-prices.htm

So, get your international mail out from the USA soon!

Yeah... I found out that Canada Post raised ALL the rates as well, for January. Bastards. I should have mailed the ones I already had finished by then, but oh well. It just pisses me off because they raise them every few months now, it seems, and CP turns a PROFIT every year. And it's already super expensive unless you're just sending within Canada. It's almost 2 bucks to send a light little letter or postcard overseas! Technically $1.85. And a buck 20 to send to America which is bullshit. Only .63 to send within Canada. Used to be, for decades, that you had Canada postage, then American was just slightly more, and international was double the Canadian rate. Made things nice and easy and didn't break the bank.

Here's another link for USPS rate changes that doesn't involve downloading an xls file. Or I just don't know how to internet.

http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Geektox posted:

Yes please!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

So did seven people want goofy/goony cat kitchen magnets?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

I would like any and all cat related things!

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

thepitgoddess posted:

I'd love one too! More people are doing v-day cards and penpaling than I first thought. Looks likeI need to pick up more Valentines themed cards.

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009

thepitgoddess posted:

I would love a cat magnet!

I should be mailing out my cards Friday! I too got my cards from Target $1 bins...Maybe we are all sending the same cards!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

thepitgoddess posted:

:catstare: Yes please!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

thepitgoddess posted:

Yes, please! Kitty stuff is ALWAYS welcome!

Shoozy posted:

Seconding this. Hello Kitty is superior to all. Hands down.

I love you. Are you my goon soulmate?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

thepitgoddess posted:

Heck yeah throw me in for one too, I have your name down for a Lego gift too :)

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

Oh hell yes! :3:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Great, all the cat magnets are claimed! :) Awesome!

On a side note, Palette Swap, if there's any confusion at the Post Office, your full name is Sebastian C. Swap. They wouldn't let me send it without a last name this time.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

There we go, twenty cards to be put in the mailbox tonight so they can be on their way tomorrow! I am pretty sure I sent one to everyone who specifically said they were participating in the V-day swap, as well as a few additional people. I had to budget myself so sorry to those of you I couldn't send something to. 12 of the cards are nicer handmade ones, but then I realized there were more people participating than I originally thought so I got a pack of the Target DIY cards and did those up. If you get one of those they are still made with care!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I got an awesome Harry Potter postcard from Disargeria in the mail today! Thank you very much! I have secretly been a Harry Potter nerd for years, and you've just given me the idea to read the books all over again.

And yes, we do celebrate New Years in Canada, you dorkasaurus. :buddy:

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
Hope I'm not too late to the party, I do love sending/receiving random mail!

G. B. Johnny
195 Long Street East,
Graceville, QLD
Australia

I know current postage to Australia isn't cheap, so anything I get will be doubly appreciated. Send me anything (maybe not body fluids)! Plus my birthday is on the 31st of January if you need a theme.

In return I will send out drunken tacky Australian beach postcards AND MORE!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I got an awesome Harry Potter postcard from Disargeria in the mail today! Thank you very much! I have secretly been a Harry Potter nerd for years, and you've just given me the idea to read the books all over again.

And yes, we do celebrate New Years in Canada, you dorkasaurus. :buddy:

Haha awesome <3

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

ManOfTheYear posted:

I just send pen-pal letters to Team Lunch, Niemat, Dushkani, Cuntvalet, thepitgoddess and lamb. In the making are the letters for 13Pandora13, panorama-change, kafkasgoldfish and Rickycat. The letters should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Yay! Thank you :) Just remember to send it to my new address. I'd rather my ex-roommate not tear it open and burn it.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

Apostate posted:

lamb thanks for the packet of goodies! Very awesome. Can I also take myself off the list? I am moving countries on the 22nd. I will be sending stuff out, but can't guarantee I'll get anything in.

Hemlock yay! glad you liked the card and bookmark. I'm sad to leave Paperchase behind; I'll have to find an equivalent back in Canada now.

Can you post your new Canadian address when you know it? I very much want to send something your way and have probably missed getting you in the UK now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Sending out some pen pal mail today! :) ...hopefully... I recently discovered my mail man hasn't exactly been doing his job, and he hasn't picked up outgoing mail at our apts in a few weeks...? :confused: I plan on staking out by the window so I can catch him when he drops off today's mail and bring my outgoing mail to his attention. Because, seriously. :argh: Irritating goon mail isn't gonna send itself!!!

edit: A few letters of mine got out because I had to get more stamps, haha. ...and I now see all of the international stamps I got are soon going to be unusable by themselves, so I need to send international mail like a champ in the next few days, so good news for our international friends! :sun:

Niemat fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 19, 2013