Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!
Does anyone know what happened to the latest, most active LazyLibrarian repo? https://github.com/LibrarianMike/LazyLibrarian
This was getting some pretty active development and could have became amazing, but it looks like it's just disappeared off the face of the earth. :(

EDIT: Also interested in goonNZB and would happily donate! I'm a competent *nix sysadmin with a fair bit of web/apache/php skill and would have happy to help out developing or maintaining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

The Gunslinger posted:

I don't have that turned on. CP won't log whatever the hell is causing it to bomb out and I tested the hardware extensively so it must be CP. Their forums and git sections aren't very helpful unfortunately.

I'm in the same situation as you. If I restart CP will work for a while and then after an indeterminate time will cease to work. Nothing in the logs, and the WHSv1 box it runs on is in good shape, lots of free space etc.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Got a single nzb.su invite here too, email me at

Gone!

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 17, 2013

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Skarsnik posted:

Got a single nzb.su invite here too, email me at sa.username@gmail.com

Sent :)

Is dognzb invite only I can't seem to access their website?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Not seeing an email here, just checking you put the sa. before my username?

e: got it, and sent

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 17, 2013

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Skarsnik posted:

Not seeing an email here, just checking you put the sa. before my username?

Should be done now, I forgot the sa. ;)

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Le0 posted:

Is dognzb invite only I can't seem to access their website?

Only the people who signed up before it went private and paid before new years day have access, everyone who didn't pay got purged. It is invite only, but they're not going to be handing out invites anytime soon. They're trying to keep it small.

Free Chicken
Jan 16, 2006

Buglord
I really regret not signing up to nzb.su. I cannot stand binsearch at all. Will they be opening up registrations anytime soon?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Binsearch is fine, just a bit of a faff. Compared to NZB.su though everything sort of sucks and I'm irritated with myself for getting purged.

Dayman the Fighter
Dec 18, 2012

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Only the people who signed up before it went private and paid before new years day have access, everyone who didn't pay got purged. It is invite only, but they're not going to be handing out invites anytime soon. They're trying to keep it small.

I have been out of the loop for awhile and I was able to sign into dognzb last night it said my 30 day trial had ended and that I would need to buy VIP. Is this true or will I be paying for nothing?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Binsearch is fine, just a bit of a faff. Compared to NZB.su though everything sort of sucks and I'm irritated with myself for getting purged.

Likewise. I've had no problem finding new releases, but trawling binsearch for anything older than a few weeks is irritating, especially considering how easy it used to be with Matrix. I am still suffering from a lot of incompletes on older stuff with my Supernews/Blocknews set up. Is there another block account provider that comes recommended to plug any holes and avoid DMCA takedowns or is picking up older stuff just kind of hosed now?

Looking forward to goonzb whenever it pops up.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Dayman the Fighter posted:

I have been out of the loop for awhile and I was able to sign into dognzb last night it said my 30 day trial had ended and that I would need to buy VIP. Is this true or will I be paying for nothing?

I thought they said they were purging them, maybe you just can't do anything without donating?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I had a situation where SAB was trying to download some files in a nzb, and the resulting file name was too long. This caused SAB to pause the entire queue for several hours, which I didn't notice until this morning. I'm not sure if this is the expected behavior, or if SAB should have just paused that one nzb and gone on to the next one in the queue.

The error message wasn't descriptive, either. It just said "error creating file" which made me think there was something up with my server. After checking disk space, access, etc, I finally narrowed it down to a long file name. Manually going into the nzb and deleting the offending files worked, and fortunately they weren't necessary to extract the file.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm with you there. I assume they purged me because I wasn't a paying member, because I met their other requirements.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Gromit posted:

I'm with you there. I assume they purged me because I wasn't a paying member, because I met their other requirements.

What other requirements are there? :laugh:

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Count me in for a donation to goonzb.

Some kind of email point of contact would be nice for those of us without PMs.

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006
I've had a free nzb.su account for two years now that hasn't been purged. Considering the dearth of nzb indexers out there, I'm tempted to get VIP. Outside of account insurance, VIP doesn't seem to add much though.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Neenski posted:

I've had a free nzb.su account for two years now that hasn't been purged. Considering the dearth of nzb indexers out there, I'm tempted to get VIP. Outside of account insurance, VIP doesn't seem to add much though.

Just get it. It assures you that you will have your account and it really doesn't cost very much. On top of that it does add some cool pictures and stuff. I don't know V:confused:V

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Plus they emailed me and said they would purge all non-VIP soon so...

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Neenski posted:

It's been two years for mine as well, and I started considering paying up after the "your account has been selected for deletion unless you go VIP" mail came last week. :v:

The fact that they've now also disabled API access for free accounts might provide an extra incentive to upgrade...

I'm still kind of worried about putting my card info into the site, although I guess we would've known by now if something shady was going on.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Keito posted:

It's been two years for mine as well, and I started considering paying up after the "your account has been selected for deletion unless you go VIP" mail came last week. :v:

The fact that they've now also disabled API access for free accounts might provide an extra incentive to upgrade...

I'm still kind of worried about putting my card info into the site, although I guess we would've known by now if something shady was going on.

You can always set up a quick virtual credit card, but really I haven't seen anything shady on my bank statement just yet. Hell, the site has better encryption than my banks so make of that what you will. Either way I had to order a new card so even if the site is dodgy (there would have definitely been posts if it was stealing details) it'll be invalid in a few days.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.
Lucky number five has been found. Everybody feel free to hate Beef Assistant for winning, you know you want to.

Diviance fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 18, 2013

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Neenski posted:

I don't have access to the post at the moment, but I read on the forums over there that they have disabled API access for free accounts. You can still download stuff direct from the site, but CP and SB won't work. So that (and being purged) and probably a decent kick in the pants to sub to VIP.

NerdPolice
Jun 18, 2005

GINYU FORCE RULES
So NZBs.org was giving a 404 error before, however I remembered they were doing a beta site before and lo and behold http://beta.nzbs.org/ works perfectly! Just a heads up to anyone who's had a NZBs.org account and was wondering what's up.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Mootallica posted:

I don't have access to the post at the moment, but I read on the forums over there that they have disabled API access for free accounts. You can still download stuff direct from the site, but CP and SB won't work. So that (and being purged) and probably a decent kick in the pants to sub to VIP.

I've been invited yesterday and I can confirm that new accounts have the API blocked. Naturally I bought VIP then because it's nearly useless without API calls.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

NerdPolice posted:

So NZBs.org was giving a 404 error before, however I remembered they were doing a beta site before and lo and behold http://beta.nzbs.org/ works perfectly! Just a heads up to anyone who's had a NZBs.org account and was wondering what's up.

beta.nzbs.org is giving me a plain white page.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Flaggy posted:

beta.nzbs.org is giving me a plain white page.

Try this: http://beta.nzbs.org/login

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Are the flood of releases with hashed titles in groups like alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 an attempt to avoid automated DMCA takedowns?

Newznab seems to completely fail at indexing these releases, and just shoves them in the misc catagory instead. It's really pretty irritating.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
There seem to be an awful lot more passworded releases now. Although that could just be an increase in hilariously obvious viruses.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Probably wouldnt help, anyway. Didn't someone upload garbage that looked like a movie (in an archive) and it was still taken down shortly later? There isn't any intelligence going into it, really.

I really see it all going towards codenamed or inconspiciously-named releases and using private indexers to host or share NZBs. It's a bit unfortunate because this would pretty much fragment all the communities to the point of it being like the BBS days, heh.

I'm in for donating, by the way. I didn't PM anyone, though.

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together -- mass hysteria.
Throwing my hat in the ring as a supporter for goonzb.org. I have nothing to contribute other than cold hard cash though.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've posted about this a couple of times, and I'm hoping someone can help me out as it is becoming more and more frequently:

- A nzb fails downloading, and SAB tells me that there's 500+ blocks short of repair
- I open the par files in Quickpar, and it renames/repairs everything
- I attempt to extract the file, and it goes all the way to the end then fails

This is using 3 different providers (Astra as primary, BlockNews & TweakNews configured as backups), but I doubt it could be a DMCA takedown since the files successfully repair (right?). It seems like it's just a bad release, but I never see propers released after, and comments on the file (from multiple indexing site) indicate that usually it's a renaming issue and it extracts fine. Could it be something on my end? Literally everything else I'm downloading works fine, except for two particular nzbs this week. Last week it was just one.

I have SAB .7.5 installed on a WHS2011 box.

Edit: a couple of extra details that I just noticed. This latest one didn't need repaired, so I tried to extract it using the incorrect filenames and it failed with a CRC error. The rar set filenames QP wants to change the files to doesn't match the extracted file, but I don't think that really matters (it looks like some internet people are trying to be "funny" and making fun of the file the rar set contains).

I know a bunch of different things can cause CRC errors:

1. It's incomplete on the server - Since the files can be repaired or don't need to be repaired in some cases, I would think this is ruled out.
2. The posting is messed up on Usenet - Since I don't see any other complaints about the files (except that they need renaming) on the various indexing sites, I would rule this out as well.
3. RAM issues - I would expect this to mess up all my downloads, not just 3 out of the last 50 in my history.

Any thing I'm missing?

Edit: I just tried the same nzb on my father-in-law's server and it worked fine. He's on Supernews, and an older version of both WHS and SAB, so I officially don't know :wtf: When I built this server I ran a memory test overnight, but maybe I should do it again...?

EC fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 18, 2013

Gism0
Mar 20, 2003

huuuh?
Giganews has been pretty decent for me recently, not had many failures at all.

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I had two more files that did the same thing I described in my post above. I tried redone loading both without doing any sort of post processing and it don't make a difference. :(

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Venkmanologist posted:

Throwing my hat in the ring as a supporter for goonzb.org. I have nothing to contribute other than cold hard cash though.

This goes for me as well.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

I slacked off about downloading linux isos early in the season and the nzb files sickbeard provides seems to be missing on supernews. :(

When can I throw money at a goonnzb.org?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

EvilMoFo posted:

I slacked off about downloading linux isos early in the season and the nzb files sickbeard provides seems to be missing on supernews. :(

A goon indexer won't help with that problem though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

EvilMoFo posted:

Goonzb isn't going to magically make the files reappear on the server, if that's what you're getting at.

Edit: SONOFABITCH

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
BTW guys, SHSC isn't hidden from the public interwebs so perhaps we should shut up about goonzb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Ashex posted:

BTW guys, SHSC isn't hidden from the public interwebs so perhaps we should shut up about goonzb.

Who cares? It's probably going to have an auth system requiring registration prior to when discussion of the project started, and I suspect nobody cares about a little 100 person newznab site anyway.