Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Last week I got 2 christmas cards (which was good because we just took off the decorations).
One from cuntvalet.

I'm glad your mom liked the bracelet.

A nice TF2 postcard and Kid Icarus cards from Tempura Wizard

How are the stickers holding up?

And yesterday I got a classy and funny card, plus some Magic cards from Dushkani

Thanks everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I forget who all wanted to do letter writin'/pen pal exchanging. Just got finished writing a letter for ManOfTheYear and I bought fun stationary to write said letters on, so that said, who else would like to be my pen pal, as well. I enjoy writing letters! Who knew?!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Thermophonic Joy! I got your valentine today. I am so excited, such cool stickers and stuff, and a letter! I haven't read it yet, wanted to make sure you knew that I received the letter and the black hole of Canada Post didn't pull it into it's event horizon, bahaha. But I am really looking forward to settling in in an hour or so and reading it and starting a response. I forgot how much fun it is to have real letters. And your handwriting is lovely. Mostly I like to just send stuff to people without much personal commentary or anything, just a nice way to connect with someone and hopefully brighten their day somewhat. I'm grateful that you're reminding me how enjoyable it is to actually converse with letters. Wow I'm a dork. Anyway, thanks. :)

*edit- read it and what a nice letter, aww. Will send one in return. :)

I think I have messy writing and I never know what to say, so thank you! :3: I look forward to your letter.

Holy crap, I didn't realize it was so fun having penpals.

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

cuntvalet posted:

I forget who all wanted to do letter writin'/pen pal exchanging. Just got finished writing a letter for ManOfTheYear and I bought fun stationary to write said letters on, so that said, who else would like to be my pen pal, as well. I enjoy writing letters! Who knew?!

I'd love a letter! I have a whole bunch of weird stationary that my Mum bought me over the years, this seems like a good way to get some use out of it. And a good way to practise neat handwriting.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cuntvalet posted:

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I think I have messy writing and I never know what to say, so thank you! :3: I look forward to your letter.

Holy crap, I didn't realize it was so fun having penpals.

God Bless Johnny posted:

I'd love a letter! I have a whole bunch of weird stationary that my Mum bought me over the years, this seems like a good way to get some use out of it. And a good way to practise neat handwriting.

I know, right? :D

poo poo, I had penpals when I was a kid up until the 90s (and my late 20s) when internet took over. I never thought I'd enjoy handwriting a letter again!

Does this mean we are hipsters? :ssh:

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

cuntvalet posted:

Awright! I guess that other people should get my letters pretty soon too, I hope that others will write back as well. Rickycat, I finished your letter today but the post office is closed on the weekend. Your letter will be send on Monday together with panorama_changes and 13Pandora13's letters. Sorry you guys had to be the last ones, I chose randomly who I would write first.

And I refuse to be a hipster :colbert:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

ManOfTheYear posted:

Awright! I guess that other people should get my letters pretty soon too, I hope that others will write back as well. Rickycat, I finished your letter today but the post office is closed on the weekend. Your letter will be send on Monday together with panorama_changes and 13Pandora13's letters. Sorry you guys had to be the last ones, I chose randomly who I would write first.

And I refuse to be a hipster :colbert:

Yaaaay! I can't wait :neckbeard:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Received my first V-Day card today from Opera Bitch. It's pretty and I love the hamster stickers. Thanks!!

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Thank you for the card, Shoozy! The brownie recipe you included looks delicious and I can't wait to try it out.

Simple Blue
Mar 4, 2004
moop
I hope I'm not too late to join the fun. I posted in the other V-day thread and figured I would join here too.

About me: 31, female, still mourning a relationship that ended months ago (not looking forward to v-day), love snowboarding and other outdoorsy stuff, cute animals, and baking.

Nothing NWS, or gross. I'll send out some special cards this week.

(Jen) Simple Blue
22 Jones St Apt 1
Cumberland RI 02864
USA

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I have ten more cards full of GOON LOVE ready to be deployed tomorrow. I got paid on Friday, so I could afford to buy more stamps.

Also... I feel like I want Shoozy's brownie recipe now. Just reading about it made me think of yummy chocolate goodness, hot from the oven. :-)

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I got goontines from DLAO and Shoozy, so here is Shoozy's Wilma's Brownies for DLAO!

I loved the scooby doo and angry birds coloring pages btw!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Disargeria posted:

I got goontines from DLAO and Shoozy, so here is Shoozy's Wilma's Brownies for DLAO!

I loved the scooby doo and angry birds coloring pages btw!

Yay and yum! So excited. I must go to the store tomorrow and pick up ingredients for chocolatey goodness!

And I'm glad you got the card! Double yay! :-)

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

I have ten more cards full of GOON LOVE ready to be deployed tomorrow. I got paid on Friday, so I could afford to buy more stamps.

Also... I feel like I want Shoozy's brownie recipe now. Just reading about it made me think of yummy chocolate goodness, hot from the oven. :-)

I'm glad Disargeria posted the recipe because I ran out before I sent your card. You're getting a special card, anyway, because you're my Goon-Hello Kitty soulmate.

That sounded creepy. :byodame:

To everyone else: I hope you make and enjoy those brownies. I'm trying to lose the holiday weight I gained (plus the ton I've gained as an adult) so I won't get to imbibe for a while. :hambeast:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Shoozy I'm in the same boat so your brownie recipe is tucked away for later. Loved the Scooby Doo coloring page, I can't decide which side to color first!

DLAO Thank you for the Hello Kitty valentine. So so cute!

Lamb As usual your card has some many fun little treats! The hamster card is adorable! The fun fact was great and now I want to hear a cheetah purr. I'm going to save the treasure hunt until V Day. And all the robots stickers! Love it! Thank you!

I swear I'm going to work on cards this weekend........ bought Forever stamps before the rate hike and everything.....

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
Thanks to DLAO and Shoozy for the Gooney V-Day mail! Loved the Scooby-Doo colouring page and the brownie recipe!

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I've made a bunch of V-Day cards with my 7-year old brother (and chinese new year envelopes for those that asked for them) but I've been spending a bunch of time at the hospital and haven't yet had a chance to mail them :( I'll hopefully get them out in time for V-Day but no promises.

Opera Bitch, 13Pandora13 and Shoozy, I got the cards you sent for my mum! She really likes them and it took a bit of explaining as to why strangers were sending her cards! :)

Geektox fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 22, 2021

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
Thanks Opera Bitch and TempuraWizard for the excellent cards. Opera Bitch, the stickers were super cute (and excellent representations of the three of us!). TempuraWizard, we are having an excellent year of the snake, thank you. Baby Clarice is having his best year of the snake, ever!

Stupid cold weather means I have chickened out on getting our cards mailed. Tomorrow it will be warm enough to walk to the post office -- it is the first thing on my to do list.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

JimmydaFish posted:

Shoozy I'm in the same boat so your brownie recipe is tucked away for later. Loved the Scooby Doo coloring page, I can't decide which side to color first!

I think the Scooby Doo page is from DLAO?

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
Thank you to all the Goons who have sent me Valentines so far. I have a wonderful rainbow of valentines ready to send out (probably next week). Lookit how pretty!

Dushkani fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 29, 2013

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
Dearest Opera Bitch:

:canada:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184:canada:

(You warmed the cockles of my frozen Canadian heart with your letter. Thank you for going over my drunken post card. I remember nothing)

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Valentine's Day Cards! (Sorry for the terrible phone quality photos)

From the lovely lamb:

I love the owl button! And the calender. And everything.

Included was this tiny envelope with the cutest little card

A very pretty New Year card from the most awesome Tempura Wizard

I also got your letter and am slowly working on a response!

The absolute most adorable cards and goodies from Shoozy and DLAO

Mr. Goldfish opened one of the letters and was engulfed in a little cloud of heart confetti. Very cute! All of these are going on my fridge!

These are fantastic and so fun, thanks everyone! :3:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Got some Valentine's Day mail from lamb and Shoozy. Thanks a lot!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Shoozy posted:

To everyone else: I hope you make and enjoy those brownies. I'm trying to lose the holiday weight I gained (plus the ton I've gained as an adult) so I won't get to imbibe for a while. :hambeast:

Not yet, but they do sound really good (and I got your card yay!) I'll have to see about getting all of the ingredients next time I go to the store. :keke:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Shoozy: Thanks for the brownie recipe, they are currently residing happily in my hips and in part of my rear end too, well worth it.

Lamb: Thanks for adding another useless fact to my already outstanding knowledge of useless things to tell my wife about :). The robot button kicks some serious rear end and I think I will be wearing that on my hat for some time.

The Lego V-Days are out in the mail for the Canadian goons and the state side ones will be sent out Wens/Thurs time frames.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

PezMaster posted:

Dearest Opera Bitch:

:canada:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184:canada:

(You warmed the cockles of my frozen Canadian heart with your letter. Thank you for going over my drunken post card. I remember nothing)

Take off! Seriously I love Canada because my favorite relative lives there, but mostly because it gave me Geddy Lee and Rush.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
I received lovely Valentine's day cards from Opera Bitch and Shoozy. Thanks for the stickers and brownie recipe. I had a rough weekend and these were a nice moment of pure joy.

I'll be prepping a round of cards this week to hopefully mail them this Friday. This thread is still wonderful filled with even more wonderful goons. :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Dushkani posted:

Thank you to all the Goons who have sent me Valentines so far. I have a wonderful rainbow of valentines ready to send out (probably next week). Lookit how pretty!

OHMYGOSH I think I see my name?! *wiggles*

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Thank you Opera Bitch, Shoozy and Thermophonic Joy for your Valentine's Day love. Reciprocal love is on its way shortly.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Shoozy posted:

I think the Scooby Doo page is from DLAO?

Oh gosh, you're right! Sorry DLAO, thank you for the coloring page.

This is what happens when your cats distract you and knock all your mail to the ground........ Yes, I am blaming the cats. :colbert:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

JimmydaFish posted:

Oh gosh, you're right! Sorry DLAO, thank you for the coloring page.

This is what happens when your cats distract you and knock all your mail to the ground........ Yes, I am blaming the cats. :colbert:

Haha, it's all good! And you CAN'T blame the kittehs; they are just too cute and needed to know how you could possibly pay attention to anything other than their adorable selves!

So glad my LOVE mail is reaching you goons! <3

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
A huge thank you to Shoozy for the Valentine and the brownie recipe I received today! I am always looking for ways to cheat on my calorie counting and these look delicious! Thank you. :buddy:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

This was posted in the meme thread. I want to make Valentine's out of these. I have a busy month so I think this will have to wait until next year.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I got a valentine from lamb yesterday!! :buddy:

...but I think the mailman was jealous of lamb's always awesome mail, because it had been ripped open by the time I got it, and I think a few things might have fallen out... :ohdear:

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Shoozy posted:

This was posted in the meme thread. I want to make Valentine's out of these. I have a busy month so I think this will have to wait until next year.

Oh my goodness these are great. I have scientist ones which are popular with nerdy friends. On another note, just came home from the hairdresser (can't tell if I look like Robert Plant or Roger Daltrey) and found a valentine from Opera Bitch waiting for me! Perfect timing, today's also my birthday! Thankyou so much Ms. Bitch! Yes we do celebrate Valentine's Day in Australia, it's just as schmaltzy as it is in the States except that we don't make as many romantic comedies to celebrate it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

God Bless Johnny posted:

I have scientist ones which are popular with nerdy friends.

Goodness do you! The mailman just came like 10 minutes ago with a Valentine's card just for me. Stephen Hawking tells me I make space-time stand still :allears: Thanks! I plan on sending out some mail, valentine's or otherwise, this weekend. Any non-Brit goons want anything particularly British turning up in their mailbox?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Goodness do you! The mailman just came like 10 minutes ago with a Valentine's card just for me. Stephen Hawking tells me I make space-time stand still :allears: Thanks! I plan on sending out some mail, valentine's or otherwise, this weekend. Any non-Brit goons want anything particularly British turning up in their mailbox?

Boy, would I! (Although I'm not sure what's qualifying as particularly British, I'm in!!)

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Thanks for the card, DLAO! I've been busy being a nervous wreck about job interviews these past few weeks, but I hope I can find time before it's too late to send some goon love out. :3: If things go well, I'll need to update my address here! :toot:

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

If I received British mail, you would be my favourite valentine (see what I did there!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Reporting in with goonmail!

From DLAO & Tempura Wizard. DLAO, I'm glad my screen name gives you memories of Hello Kitty :3:

Shoozy Sent recipes for food!

Crazy Old Clarice sent a bunch of awesome- I love the old postcard!

Lamb and Tempura Wizard (again!) The new years card is lovely. Thank you for the friendship bracelet, Lamb! It's great! I've been wearing it since I got it :3:

Sorry I haven't sent out cards yet, I know I'm cutting it close now- classes are at weird times and I can't seem to catch the Post Office when it's open. Going out tomorrow to get enough to finish and send these babies off! :)