Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
I think this image hits closer to the game's art style than anything else posted so far. Looking forward to seeing more of your works.

Going off-topic here, but is the character in your avatar original? Because she reminds me of someone.

SingerOfW fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

slam5000 posted:

For (possibly) having his memory wiped, his mind seems awfully focused on a lack of individuality. It also says "individualitybroken" which maybe puts on the table Hinata's ability to do whatever his talent is being removed?

Also, (probably unrelated, but) what's with the "▲"! Who the hell thinks the Unicode triangle character in their head...??? :wtf:

Just based off that one line, I'm going to say he's either a SHSL Nutjob, which explains the noncoherant, if I spelt that right, thought, and the "▲", or a SHSL Hipster, which could explain the reoccurance of "individuality" in that line.

Edit:vvv
Do you mean just the survivors, or do you mean everyone from the first game.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 30, 2013

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

LateToTheParty posted:

Seriously though everyone calm down and enjoy the ride. Before making baseless claims build up your crazy theory with actual evidence from the game.

Sadly, Togami's free time event seems to have shot down my crazy baseless theory that he is smuggling the entire cast of DR1 onto the island in his gut. :saddowns:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Now that I've slept over it, the obvious flaws in my drawing like her head being too big are getting apparent to me. Oh well. Like I said, it's worse than drunk posting, nobody ever spreads those anywhere.

SingerOfW posted:

I think this image hits closer to the game's art style than anything else posted so far.
I like to imitate other styles sometimes, the colors in this one are directly dropped from screenshots.

SingerOfW posted:

Going off-topic here, but is the character in your character original? Because she reminds me of someone.
In my avatar, you mean? She's supposed to resemble Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SingerOfW posted:

Going off-topic here, but is the character in your character original? Because she reminds me of someone.

Koizumi in that fanart looks vaguely like Io from Devil Survivor 2, thinking about it. Io has a sprite with her hands up that looks almost identical.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 18, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

slowbeef posted:

Absolutely nothing and I really only brought it up to say, "If you're gonna have a theory, back it up with some content from the thread rather than just gut feelings or what you think the authors might do. Like this..."

Honestly, my opinion is tainted by the first "crossdresser" post, so now it's kinda all I can see. Frankly, I hope it's not the case and yes, there's certainly other ways to explain his behavior. The babyface callout seemed like a telling detail, but who really knows.

Sorry. :negative: It's really embarassing in retrospect. I'm also sorry for the huge derail it caused. But in my defense, I wasn't the first to guess if you were talking about the "crossdresser crossdresser crossdresser" thing, and I said it at least semi-jokingly.

But in actually interesting/relevant topics, I think Hajime Hinata is a non-SHSL impostor, and his memory has been erased in order to cover up the bureaucratic SNAFU that managed to get him here.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
One thing to keep in mind here is that there's a bit of a contradiction here. Togami doesn't seem to know about Monobear, which would indicate that--assuming this is the same Togami--his memories from DR1 were erased. But he's shown to be acting like post-DR1 Togami personality wise and we know(from Chihiro, Mondo and others) that having your memories erased also erases your character development. That's pretty strange. Plus another thing to keep in mind that was brought up a while ago is the contradiction of Togami being those people's classmates despite being from DR1's class. Those contradictions about Togami are piling up, but I'll hold off on offering any explanations because anything a this point would be a wild guess.

Which is my way of saying "I got a theory but I'm probably wrong and I hate being wrong so I'll shut up until I work around the holes in it." Plus when it's this early in the game I think it's better to list all facts and contradictions without offering any attempts at explaining them. Once we have enough contradictions and evidence, we can try to put them together. But for now the best thing is just to list up all the "odd" things we notice until we can draw up a connection between them.

slowbeef posted:

Okay, now I feel like there's a viable theory there. If Kuzuryuu was a woman pretending to be a man, it makes perfect sense that the characters are remarking on her lack of facial hair or stubble, hence Babyface. In fact, while there are other reasons for a lack of facial hair, that does seem to be the most likely theory. Coupled with the swimming thing? Yeah, maybe that is really it.

I don't think the swimming thing can be added as an argument. I mean yeah, if he were a woman he wouldn't have gone swimming because it would blow his disguise. But that doesn't mean that because he didn't go swimming he has to be a woman. Let's look at it another way. Let's suppose, for the sake of the argument, that he's not crossdressing. Would he have gone swimming with them? I'd say no, because he's acting like he thinks everyone is beneath him. It would be like Togami taking part in group activities in DR1. It just wouldn't fit. So if it's something he would do regardless of whether he's a man or a woman, I don't think it's a particularly good idea to count that as something that adds on to evidence.

As for the babyface thing, I think I'm missing something. Did they ever specifically bring up facial hair? I've heard people throw around "baby face" just to refer to somebody who looks way too young. Plus I think the game wants us to look more at the effect than the cause here. Like, there could be a thousand reasons why he has a baby face, but the important thing is that he's probably overcompensating for it(hence him being an rear end). I say he's overcompensating because he clearly hates being reminded of his face. Plus if we don't count the swimming as additional evidence, then there's really not much to make that theory more plausible than anything else.

Here's an argument against him being a woman in disguise: Supposedly, calling him baby-face makes him angry enough to use his associates to deal with people who call him that. If he were a woman, I imagine he wouldn't want to draw attention to how much he hates the comparison. It seems like a really, really ineffective way of hiding a secret.

slam5000
Aug 19, 2012

Joenen posted:

There was that whole thing about that public school version of Hope's Peak, and how students might get eligible for the Private School version that DR0 talked about. How its basically a scam to fund the main private acadamy. I'm pretty sure its been hypothesized that Hinata is possibly a student from there, and thus not having an SHSL talent.

I keep going back to this theory as well, but if that's true it creates a completely different, and actually far WEIRDER mystery, that being, why is a ordinary kid being brought to an island with all the actual SHSL people?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Sherringford posted:

Here's an argument against him being a woman in disguise: Supposedly, calling him baby-face makes him angry enough to use his associates to deal with people who call him that. If he were a woman, I imagine he wouldn't want to draw attention to how much he hates the comparison. It seems like a really, really ineffective way of hiding a secret.

I think that's a fairly weak argument. You're assuming logical thought in the heat of a moment of rage by a fictional anime character in a Japanese video game, and that he can control his emotions to boot.

For the moment, my read on Kuzuryuu is simply "Dude takes himself way too seriously".

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Kytrarewn posted:

I think that's a fairly weak argument. You're assuming logical thought in the heat of a moment of rage by a fictional anime character in a Japanese video game, and that he can control his emotions to boot.

For the moment, my read on Kuzuryuu is simply "Dude takes himself way too seriously".

It's not a moment of rage though, it's a frequent pattern according to Nagito unless I'm remembering his introduction wrong. If it was just one moment, sure. But if it's something he does on a regular basis, that just seems a strange habit to keep if you are trying to draw attention away from something.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Sherringford posted:

If he were a woman, I imagine he wouldn't want to draw attention to how much he hates the comparison. It seems like a really, really ineffective way of hiding a secret.

That would be a very rational response to a very emotional situation experienced by a very emotional person.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sherringford posted:

Except Kuzuryuu seems more like Avon than he/she does Stringer; an overreaction to prove "manlihood" seems more likely than keeping his/her's head down.

NewsSwissArmyKnife
May 28, 2012

Super High School Level Super Soldier
There is a pretty good explanation for why he hates the baby-face thing: He's a goddamned Yakuza tough guy and has a complex about not looking the part!
Just imagine how much poo poo people both in and out of his gang give him for looking like a stiff breeze could knock him over.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Sherringford posted:

One thing to keep in mind here is that there's a bit of a contradiction here. Togami doesn't seem to know about Monobear, which would indicate that--assuming this is the same Togami--his memories from DR1 were erased. But he's shown to be acting like post-DR1 Togami personality wise and we know(from Chihiro, Mondo and others) that having your memories erased also erases your character development. That's pretty strange. Plus another thing to keep in mind that was brought up a while ago is the contradiction of Togami being those people's classmates despite being from DR1's class. Those contradictions about Togami are piling up, but I'll hold off on offering any explanations because anything a this point would be a wild guess.

Which is my way of saying "I got a theory but I'm probably wrong and I hate being wrong so I'll shut up until I work around the holes in it." Plus when it's this early in the game I think it's better to list all facts and contradictions without offering any attempts at explaining them. Once we have enough contradictions and evidence, we can try to put them together. But for now the best thing is just to list up all the "odd" things we notice until we can draw up a connection between them.

I was typing up something pointing out the exact same contradictions but now posting it is kind of pointless since you've done so more concisely. I'd kind of like to elaborate a bit on the mind-wiping though. We don't know precisely how mind-wiping in the Dangan Ronpa universe works (I'm assuming that we're getting an explanation sooner or later, especially since DR0 has a neurologist character researching memory) but we can make some inferences about it in DR1.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but Kirigiri in DR1 had forgotten specifically what her skill is but at no point seemed to forget how to use it. So we could try to assume that Togami is mind-wiped but operating off of non-conscious memory like Kirigiri was. Thing is, Kirigiri noticed that she couldn't remember her skill or why she was even at the school and the gaps between her memories and her capabilities and so on really bothered her. Togami, in contrast, hasn't been showing any of that sort of self-doubt. There's no: "Hey, how come I don't want to be as much of an rear end in a top hat as I did as recently as I can remember? How come I assume that I have to follow rules presented to me by mysterious talking stuffed animals because I'll be killed if I don't? Did someone do something to my brain?" I think Togami being mind-wiped could only really work if it was a mind-wipe that somehow worked very differently from any mind-wipes seen so far.

I've forgotten whether Kirigiri's skill and motivations were specifically targetted for deletion in DR1 or if the implication was that however mind-wipes work, they can be inconsistent between individual victims. She does say she thinks those memories were deleted because they were inconvenient for the mastermind, but she hasn't realized at that point she's lost a full 2 years of events and that everybody in the cast has been subjected to mind-wipes.

While I'm on about Togami: frankly, I think the popular theory that Fat Togami isn't the same person as the original isn't a very good one. The fact of the matter is that he seems to have the same name, background, personality and physical characteristics other than weight (including voice). Assuming that he's a different person also requires you to make assumptions to account for all of this and I don't think there's a good way to do that. I think the easiest way is to suppose that Fat Togami is Thin Togami's twin. That raises the question, however: If he's Togami's twin, why wasn't he in the same class as the rest of the DR1 class? Is he a more distant relative than "twin"? Then why does he have the exact same birthday and the same height and the same kanji for his name? Is he just pretending to be Byakuya Togami? Then why's he pretending this for a group of people who've never met Byakuya Togami before? Maybe whoever's behind Monobear would know Byakuya Togami? I can't think of how that'd explain anything, though.

Since I'm less afraid of humiliating myself by being wrong than Sherringford: I think the best way to explain Togami's actions is to think that he remembers Dangan Ronpa 1 and is refusing to mention so for some reason, because that generally accounts for his actions so far and leaves only the question of why he'd do something like that.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
I've always thought that Togami acted he didn't know Monobear because he was infiltrating this murder game, how he found out is a different story, and is acting like this to avoid suspicion. Because whoever's behind this murder game may not recognise him, so acting familar with the 'Headmaster' would draw suspicion, and therefore he would be a bigger target for anyone who may support Monobear.

Edit: By not recognise, I meant as a survivor of the murder game Junko held at Hope's Peak, I should have clarified this earlier.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 30, 2013

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

RefinedUndefined posted:

I've always thought that Togami acted he didn't know Monobear because he was infiltrating this murder game, how he found out is a different story, and is acting like this to avoid suspicion. Because whoever's behind this murder game may not recognise him, so acting familar with the 'Headmaster' would draw suspicion, and therefore he would be a bigger target for any who may support Monobear.

...Whoever's behind Monobear might not recognize him? Might not recognize Byakuya Togami? Heir to what is described as the most powerful conglomerate in DR-land? I could buy Monobear not bringing it up to us (Hinata and friends) as a way to not give away the super despair world, but if anyone is familiar with Monobear, they are almost assuredly familiar with Togami.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Does anyone else see an interesting similarity between Usami's (pre-Monomi) appearance and Mukuro's hair tie in DR1? Given its relation/evolution to the revealed mastermind's hair ties I wonder if there's something to that. The mastermind did say Mukuro wasn't suited to watching over like Monobear, so I wonder if Usami's pitiful performance is related to that.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

RefinedUndefined posted:

I've always thought that Togami acted he didn't know Monobear because he was infiltrating this murder game, how he found out is a different story, and is acting like this to avoid suspicion. Because whoever's behind this murder game may not recognise him, so acting familar with the 'Headmaster' would draw suspicion, and therefore he would be a bigger target for anyone who may support Monobear.

Edit: By not recognise, I meant as a survivor of the murder game Junko held at Hope's Peak, I should have clarified this earlier.

Though I get the feeling that if somebody else were to carry on Junko's legacy they'd have quite a bit of knowledge of what happened in the first game including who was in it.

Although a funny thought occurs in my head that Togami being a fat version of himself is a perfect disguise. I can just imagine a shadowy figure going through the same confusion as us over this. He simply can believe it himself.

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012
One thing about Kuzuryuu is that I can't offhand recall ever seeing hips like that on a guy in anime. Then again, I also can't offhand recall seeing hands like that on a girl. Personally, I'm leaning crossdresser- the babyface thing, the swimming scene, the blushing, and the confrontational attitude aren't conclusive evidence in exclusive support of that conclusion, but added together they work pretty well with that hypothesis.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Are you guys trying to say that the guy who's voice sounds like this is a girl? Because I'm sorry, but no matter how I listen to it that is undeniably a man's voice, coming from a voice actor that is a man, and as far as I know, men never voice women except as a joke or if they look manlier than Sakura.

Incidentally, Chihiro was also voiced by a man, so a lot of arguments on that front probably could have been curbed if anyone had bothered to look the guy up.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tesseraction posted:

Does anyone else see an interesting similarity between Usami's (pre-Monomi) appearance and Mukuro's hair tie in DR1? Given its relation/evolution to the revealed mastermind's hair ties I wonder if there's something to that. The mastermind did say Mukuro wasn't suited to watching over like Monobear, so I wonder if Usami's pitiful performance is related to that.

And Monobear refers to Usami as a useless little sister, who isn't well-suited for her role, which also smacks of Mukuro and Junko's relationship. This might be somewhat stretching speculation, though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Green Intern posted:

And Monobear refers to Usami as a useless little sister, who isn't well-suited for her role, which also smacks of Mukuro and Junko's relationship. This might be somewhat stretching speculation, though.

There is also

orenronen posted:

W...Why do I have to be your little sister?!

...Do you want to be my big sister? The big sister I had no contact with for years and years?

which reminds me of Mukuro's backstory with Fenrir, prior to returning to Japan and enrolling in Hope's Peak.

Not to mention Usami being made an 'example' of

orenronen posted:

Fine! I decided! If that's what you want, I'll just make you an example!!

reminds me quite heavily of Mukuro's initial fate.

Of course, this may wholly be tenuous coincidence, but it's a nice touch either way.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fedule posted:

Kirigiri's "reveal" was great. It's, like, an un-reveal. The game is basically given away early on, but then the mid-game throws so many ridiculous twists at you that you start thinking ridiculously. I mean, I was *convinced* Kirigiri was really Mukuro Ikusaba, and then a load of crazy stuff happens and then Kirigiri walks up and says "Of course I'm an SHSL Detective, you moron."

Man, I felt dumb. I love it when games manage to make me feel dumb.

The more I think about it, the better the Kirigiri fakeout gets. She and Celes were the two most interesting characters to me in the early chapters, and for the entirety of chapter three I was just thinking "They're really doing something this obvious?" and got super bummed about it. In chapter five, between all the game's focus on her gloves, her mysterious past, the appearance with the masked figure, and the sudden disappearance I was thinking "They're doing this again?" Then the anti-reveal was like an authoritative "Nope, just messing with you."

Valkama posted:

I really dislike this new Togami. Also I doubt he will die with the story focusing so much more on Sonia and Souda at the moment.

I wouldn't read too much into focus on who lives/dies, in DR1 we didn't really get a lot of Leon before the first murder or until the trial and they could totally flip the Leon/Maizono dynamic (lots of early focus on the murderer, not that much on the victim)

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

Sherringford posted:

But if it's something he does on a regular basis, that just seems a strange habit to keep if you are trying to draw attention away from something.

My take is that regardless of whether he's a man or woman, he'd react the same way because he's concerned with people not taking him seriously. The only difference is whether this concern has to do with being secretly a woman or having some feminine qualities as a man. We don't really have evidence either way right now, and so it's probably safe to assume that he's a guy until we really start to have evidence pile up to the contrary, as you stated.

I also doubt he'd be in danger of people finding out he was a girl most of his life (and thus allowing for his behavior). His family obviously would know if he was a woman and they would have the resources to deter anyone trying to investigate.

edit: v hahahahaha excellent

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 31, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
A bit late for contributing, but here we go anyway:

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

Not enough blushing!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It's my contention that Kuzuryuu is just a young male Yakuza who is at that unfortunate stage in his career where he isn't quite badass enough yet to just adopt "Babyface" as his nickname and straight up murder anyone who makes fun of him for it. So he's a little insecure about it.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

HelloWinter posted:

Seriously. The main reason it was such a heated debate in the first game's thread wasn't so much the possibility, but the rather disturbing obsession with the concept that some people in the thread had. At this point we haven't even been given any kind of actual hint whatsoever, and that same obsession is already starting to creep on in there.

Did any of you weirdos going on about "doesn't want to swim, eeeeeeh? :crossarms:" ever think about more mundane reasons, like "aquaphobia?"

wikipedia posted:

People suffer aquaphobia in many ways and may experience it even though they realize the water in an ocean, a river, or even a bathtub poses no imminent threat. They may avoid such activities as boating and swimming, or they may avoid swimming in the deep ocean despite having mastered basic swimming skills.[3] This anxiety commonly extends to getting wet or splashed with water when it is unexpected, or being pushed or thrown into a body of water.

tentril
May 9, 2012
It could be the fact that splashing around in the ocean with teenagers isn't a very badass thing for a mafia dude to be doing.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Oh look at me I'm making a post in this thread instead of just refreshing the OP for updates.

evilspacehopper posted:

Though I get the feeling that if somebody else were to carry on Junko's legacy they'd have quite a bit of knowledge of what happened in the first game including who was in it.

because I want to out out a reminder that the first game was televised, in fact the only thing on TV, and that the "horrible despair event" involved masses of people wearing Monobear masks. Anyone could be monobear. I don't think the new villain has to have a connection to the first game but who knows they might.

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Did any of you weirdos going on about "doesn't want to swim, eeeeeeh? :crossarms:" ever think about more mundane reasons, like "aquaphobia?"

This would be a fine logic to apply in real life. I would like to remind you, however, that this is a anime-heavy, fanservicey visual novel about a bunch of over-the-top high schoolers being coerced to murder each other by a robotic teddy bear. Aquaphobia may be mundane in reality, but this is fiction, and not the kind of fiction where something like that is likely to occur. It is, however, the kind of fiction where crossdressing isn't out of the question! I could be wrong and Kuzuryuu is just too cool to join the group, but I don't imagine there's a deep reason behind the refusal other than that or something to hide physically.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Oh look at me I'm making a post in this thread instead of just refreshing the OP for updates.

because I want to out out a reminder that the first game was televised, in fact the only thing on TV, and that the "horrible despair event" involved masses of people wearing Monobear masks. Anyone could be monobear. I don't think the new villain has to have a connection to the first game but who knows they might.

But you still need considerable talent/support to run such an operation involving kidnapping 16 students, mindwiping at least 15 of them (nobody is surprised by Togami so memory manipulation is likely used) and converting a whole tourist spot to a place for murder game.

And don't forget Monobear, the monobots and (possibly) Monomi. I doubt someone unconnected to the SHSL Despair group can get their hands on them easily even after Junko's demise.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HelloWinter posted:

Seriously. You might as well say Nidai is a crossdresser.

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

HelloWinter you are the best.

But seriously guys, just chill with the crossdresser poo poo, it was annoying enough in the first thread. Just because a yakuza heir is not gleefully leaping into the ocean or making sandcastles doesn't mean he has to be a woman in disguise. At least wait till we get to know the guy better before making such assumptions! Or wait until it might be relevant to the plot because right now it really doesn't matter.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Justin_Brett posted:

Seriously. You might as well say Nidai is a crossdresser.

With the amount of bullshit navel-gazing over insignificant details that goes on in this thread, I'm sure somebody has at least seriously thought it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Jeek posted:

But you still need considerable talent/support to run such an operation involving kidnapping 16 students, mindwiping at least 15 of them (nobody is surprised by Togami so memory manipulation is likely used) and converting a whole tourist spot to a place for murder game.

And don't forget Monobear, the monobots and (possibly) Monomi. I doubt someone unconnected to the SHSL Despair group can get their hands on them easily even after Junko's demise.

We don't know where or how she got all that stuff (equipment, monobots, memory manipulation stuff, support from some third party) in the first place. She certainly didn't make it all herself. Someone else could have it.

Unless there's something explicitly stated in the light novel that I'm not bothering reading.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

We don't know where or how she got all that stuff (equipment, monobots, memory manipulation stuff, support from some third party) in the first place. She certainly didn't make it all herself. Someone else could have it.

Unless there's something explicitly stated in the light novel that I'm not bothering reading.

And that is the point. All that stuff was probably made by SHSL Despair so it makes sense to reason that the mastermind this time is also part of SHSL Despair.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HelloWinter posted:

You don't mind if I use this for a certain Twitter account, do you?

Also...

Tombolo posted:

This would be a fine logic to apply in real life. I would like to remind you, however, that this is a anime-heavy, fanservicey visual novel about a bunch of over-the-top high schoolers being coerced to murder each other by a robotic teddy bear. Aquaphobia may be mundane in reality, but this is fiction, and not the kind of fiction where something like that is likely to occur. It is, however, the kind of fiction where crossdressing isn't out of the question! I could be wrong and Kuzuryuu is just too cool to join the group, but I don't imagine there's a deep reason behind the refusal other than that or something to hide physically.

Your entire reasoning behind this is seriously just, "It's an anime, THERE'S GOTTA BE A CROSSDRESSER!" Please think through your reasons better. It could be worse I suppose, you could be this guy who only claimed Fuyuhiko was a crossdresser after the FIRST UPDATE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaxoran
Dec 26, 2012

orenronen posted:

What... is going on? Who's this new stuffed toy?

A lot of people seem to think that this is solid proof that Togami lost his memory, but then again maybe he doesn't mean what we think he means when he says this line. Perhaps he still knows Monobear, but his real question is who is the person controlling Monobear, which makes sense since he saw Monobear's original master die with his own eyes. As to why he worded it so awkwardly so that you can't tell if he's talking about the puppet or the mastermind, I'm pretty sure that's just Dangan Ronpa loving with us again.

• Locked thread