Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK
1966 Citroën DS21 Decapotable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Even has what would now be called 'adaptive headlights'. :fap:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Decapitable? :rimshot:

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Oh poo poo, look at the placing on the rear blinkers. :allears:

As my father gets older and continues to look at these (none convertible - it's too loving hot here) I have a hope that one day dementia will take hold and he will buy one without thinking.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I posted one for $3250 in ultimateforce's thread. I want it so bad.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

In France you can get a rust-free running one for about $5000. Brother has one with an EFI swap and it's a riot. A former boss has one in tempest gray, which is the best color by far.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's a cold winter in Scotland this year with some very severe storms. Drivers are advised to check the seals around their windshield.

Yep, looks okay.

Link

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9c2Y8_2TH4

standardtoaster
May 22, 2009

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

:stare:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sweet Jeebus...

Is there any more info?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

This is without question one of the greatest uses of the .gif format I have ever seen.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Sweet Jeebus...

Is there any more info?

Quick google of "radial engine beetle" pulls these up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2JvWVPbY0

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/10/prop-driven-vw-beetle-hopes-to-land-in-bonneville-w-video/

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Awesome AI poo poo: a recent conversation between my wife (:allears:) and myself (:downs:):

:allears: There isn't enough room in our car for all our diving gear. The trunk's too small and I hate station wagons. We need an SUV.
:downs: Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe an XTerra or something?
:allears: I love XTerras, I've had two of them. But it has to be a manual.
:downs: Cool, well let's look into trading the Beemer in. And on a related subject, I've noticed that Testarossas are in the price slump that all the 12-pot Ferraris go through. I've always wanted one and...
:allears: Oh, we're getting a Ferrari? Nice.
:downs: ...
:allears: When? They're pretty expensive to maintain, right?
:downs: ...well, we'll need to move, I need a garage so I can do the work on it. The parts for a major service are only $1,500 or so but you have to pull the engine to do it and...
:allears: Ok, great. Well let's figure that out and you can get your car, and then you can work on the bikes too. And we'll have the room we need for all our poo poo. How often do you need to do a major?
:downs: ...I... Um. Every five years or 45,000 km.
:allears: Oh! That's not bad then. Are you excited?
:downs: ...
:allears: What?
:downs: Um. You'll drive it too, right?
:allears: Nah. I'd rather ride my motorcycle. But I'll come with you!
:downs: :glomp:

Context: My wife is loving rad. We already own Ducatis. Apparently I'm a glutton for Italian mechanical / electrical punishment and roadside assistance. And being very, very poor. Oh god.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I wish my wife gave a poo poo about cars other than as a conveyance from A to B and a money sink. :(

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

sofullofhate posted:

Awesome AI poo poo: a recent conversation between my wife (:allears:) and myself (:downs:):

Context: My wife is loving rad. We already own Ducatis. Apparently I'm a glutton for Italian mechanical / electrical punishment and roadside assistance. And being very, very poor. Oh god.
This sounds like a positive feedback loop that spins out of control. Hopefully you have parents or children or relatives who are able to intervene before you're up to your ears in broken italian machinery and also debt.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hog Obituary posted:

This sounds like a positive feedback loop that spins out of control. Hopefully you have parents or children or relatives who are able to intervene before you're up to your ears in broken italian machinery and also debt.
While this is good advice, this is also not AI whatsoever :colbert:.

If you can afford fine Italian machinery AND have the wife's blessing, go for it! And if something bad happens in the future, blame her! How can this go wrong?!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

sofullofhate posted:

:allears: I hate station wagons. We need an SUV.
This part wasn't very AI. :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of Hennessy and SRT8 Jeeps: A 1230hp Grand Cherokee that wasn't built by him.

http://www.fearless904.com/brick/

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Where is the wheelie bar? This car would not be able to move under its own power without tipping over backwards on the first pull and sheering off the fan.

Also, radials sound like rear end when they idle, is that normal?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Where is the wheelie bar? This car would not be able to move under its own power without tipping over backwards on the first pull and sheering off the fan.

I think the intention was to throw a reverse prop on the back and power it that way. Zero drive-train.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

veedubfreak posted:

I think they're using the fan to propel the car, so maybe it wouldn't tip. It definitely wouldn't be super stable. As far as radials sounding like rear end at idle... I think thats personal preference, but I don't think the 9cyls sound great.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tusen Takk posted:

Speaking of Hennessy and SRT8 Jeeps: A 1230hp Grand Cherokee that wasn't built by him.

I love everything about this. :allears:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

davebo posted:

This part wasn't very AI. :colbert:

Well I happen to love wagons. And that's why she mentioned that we weren't getting one. :)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

veedubfreak posted:

Yes, radials hate idling because they're designed to be run at high power for most of their lives (they're airplane engines after all), so their carbs and cams are geared to high power output and nothing else.

And forget about the wheelie bar, that thing needs training wheels. The first time you get into the power, the motor has so much torque you'd practically roll that Beetle over on its side.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

It's a Metro.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Tusen Takk posted:

God drat that is awesome. I love the screamer pipe and exhaust, I'll bet when you're on it at night a nice blue flame shoots out of the hood.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Das Volk posted:

God drat that is awesome. I love the screamer pipe and exhaust, I'll bet when you're on it at night a nice blue flame shoots out of the hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEetUnG1CqI
Looks like it does a pretty good job venting nitrous juice. Makes nice noises too.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 2, 2013

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The new Mercedes CLA (the ad, not the car): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWjycKOsI2o

God drat I love Willem Dafoe.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tusen Takk posted:

Holy crap!
I am insanely conflicted by GC SRT-8s. It's a Jeep, so it should go off-road - but the SRT-8s are So. Freaking. Awesome.

I didn't even notice the open exhaust through the hood until Das mentioned it. Wow.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Upon watching the video of it, I can say with certainty that I WANT a Jeep.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Unfortunately not an actual swap but at least we know it will fit.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's a cold winter in Scotland this year with some very severe storms. Drivers are advised to check the seals around their windshield.

Yep, looks okay.

Link

Guy drops his car off at the mechanics saying it is leaking something. He notices an ice cream shop across the street by the bay. He goes and gets a cone and comes back. Mechanic looks at him and says it looks like you blew a seal. He say nah it is just from the ice cream.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Throatwarbler posted:

time to start trolling some friends with this

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Throatwarbler posted:

What? Someone is putting a Honda engine in a vette?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

veedubfreak posted:

What? Someone is putting a Honda engine in a vette?

It says right above the pictures it's not an actual swap. They just dropped the LS2 and then dropped the body on a Honda motor for the photo.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Actually, given the opening in the grille and what appears to be the edge of a Z06 badge poking out from under a shop cloth, that would actually be a LS7 shortblock being pulled out.

Which makes the troll even better. :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Throatwarbler posted:

Wasn't someone here putting a 13b into a C4 Vette? How'd that ever turn out?

(except the 13b is a marked improvement over the dog of an engine the C4 had, rather than trolling...whatever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

neckbeard posted:

time to start trolling some friends with this

I neglected to add the disclaimer to the pictures I showed to my shop and I've had one of my coworkers bitching about it for 15 minutes now.