Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there a reason why Ares is barefoot, and his feet are covered in blood at that, or is that just his thing? I am looking at Ares in the Touching Panels thread and I did not see the bloody feet there.

It's just his thing. All the gods in Wonder Woman have weird traits (and it's great). Ares seems to have fallen on hard times and just somehow gained bloody feet that no one questions in the interim since #0. I mean, the last time he showed up, he was poo poo talking the gods to their faces while drinking cheap booze out of a brown bag.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there a reason why Ares is barefoot, and his feet are covered in blood at that, or is that just his thing? I am looking at Ares in the Touching Panels thread and I did not see the bloody feet there.

Ares has been on a pub crawl through active warzones for most of the series.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Because of this scene I now can't read Hera as being anyone other that Lucille Bluth.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Unlucky7 posted:

I've interpreted it as representing him wading through the blood of battlefields. Too poetic?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
This thread has made me realize that Batman and Wonder Woman are both being written pretty well lately. So thanks to everyone who posted them. Who'd have thought Batman and Son would've turned out good?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

TwoPair posted:

Nah, Hephaestus looks like this in WW:

Anyway, on to funny things. The new Batman & Robin Annual is all about Damian sending Bruce on a globetrotting adventure finding out stuff about his parents. There's a lot of touching stuff in there. But there's also a lot of funny stuff. Like for example, the first spot on the trip happens to be a hotel in London. As it turns out, the manager is one of Alfred's buddies from his pre-butler days as an actor. So that gets Alfred thinkin' about the good ol' days.

Then this happens:

So Bruce leaves Alfred in London and takes off. Then at the end of the story, Bruce (and Damian) come back to pick him up and... catch a little entertainment.

Frankly, I'm with Damian. Two Gentlemen of Verona is one of Shakespeare's worst plays.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Not exactly funny, nor a panel, but whatchagonnado.

It's even got Paste-Pot Pete!

source

edit: for sale here

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 31, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

redbackground posted:

Not exactly funny, nor a panel, but whatchagonnado.

It's even got Paste-Pot Pete!

source

Can I get it on a poster? :swoon:

Edit: If I had just followed the links, I would have found that out for myself. :saddowns:

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

No Taskmaster? I guess he would have to be written next to mastery.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

No Taskmaster? I guess he would have to be written next to mastery.

Mastery -> Tasks -> Finesse

...gently caress, back up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Taskmaster would basically be a watermark over a large portion of the image.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mister Roboto posted:

This thread has made me realize that Batman and Wonder Woman are both being written pretty well lately. So thanks to everyone who posted them. Who'd have thought Batman and Son would've turned out good?

Anyone with any drat sense. And Wonder Woman isn't just good, her book is excellent. Best book DC is publishing right now.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Apparently Jean Grey is not a telepath.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Internet Wizard posted:

Apparently Jean Grey is not a telepath.

The chart also doesn't have Superman listed for eyebeams; I don't think it's supposed to be exhaustive.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
The real question is how many of those could be covered just by Golden/Silver Age Batman and Superman - I'm saying over 90%.

spacejung fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 1, 2013

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
It's got Jamie Madrox and Multiple Man right beside each other. I hope that's on purpose but it's probably just an error. Unless there's another Multiple Man I'm unaware of.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Diet Poison posted:

It's got Jamie Madrox and Multiple Man right beside each other. I hope that's on purpose but it's probably just an error. Unless there's another Multiple Man I'm unaware of.

I think it's a joke.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Diet Poison posted:

I think there was a storyline in X-Factor where one of Jamie's dupes managed to start his own life and I don't remember the conclusion but I think it was to let him live it and not reabsorb him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gatts posted:

I think there was a storyline in X-Factor where one of Jamie's dupes managed to start his own life and I don't remember the conclusion but I think it was to let him live it and not reabsorb him.

Unlike poor like Sean

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Gatts posted:

Yeah, Rev. John Maddox. He pops up every now and then.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Damien's right. "Two Gentlemen of Verona" is probably Shakespeare's worst play and is only notable for being an early effort.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Waterhaul posted:

Glory #032

Here's is your monthly reminder that you should feel bad for not reading Glory.

Glory is still tragically cancelled isn't it? I remember there being some movement to save it, but I never heard anything out of it. :(

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Benito Cereno posted:

You are not wrong; I'm just relating the stories as we see them in the sources we have. However, in the Iliad, Zeus reproves Ares for being a horrible, ruinous rear end in a top hat, and Homer wasn't even kind of Athenian.

Of course, Ares gets a better rap as Mars among the Romans, for whom he's the grandfather of their traditional founder, although this added dignity can also be attributed to his role as more of an agricultural god prior to his syncretization with Ares.

Is that implying that Ares's a bastard son?

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Honest Thief posted:

Is that implying that Ares's a bastard son?

Hmm? No, not at all. Ares is definitely one of Zeus's relatively few legitimate children, and I'm not sure what I said that seems otherwise.

But if you want to continue this discussion, it should probably be in the DC thread or Derailed, I suppose.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Karnegal posted:

Glory is still tragically cancelled isn't it? I remember there being some movement to save it, but I never heard anything out of it. :(

The creators are choosing to end it. Supposedly Image and Liefeld offered to let them continue, but they both decided they wanted to bring it to a natural conclusion instead of outstaying their welcome. And Ross Campbell probably wants to go back to doing his own stuff.

I really hope they can reunite and do like a three-issue mini or something one day. :(

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

Here's is your monthly reminder that you should feel bad for not reading Glory.

Picking up the trade at my LCS today thanks to this thread :feelsgood:

Darth Nat posted:

The creators are choosing to end it. Supposedly Image and Liefeld offered to let them continue, but they both decided they wanted to bring it to a natural conclusion instead of outstaying their welcome. And Ross Campbell probably wants to go back to doing his own stuff.

I really hope they can reunite and do like a three-issue mini or something one day. :(

Apparently I have terrible timing. Good to hear that it wasn't cancelled midway at least.

∨ Edit: holy crap, that interview :stare:

quote:

My idea was that Glory's dad, Silverfall, is hunting her, right? So Glory's like "My dad is gunning for us, we have to come up with a plan!" So Glory, she's 800 years old and has all these friends, gets a farm with all these cows and starts up a dairy farm, and she and her friends dress like dairy farmers. That's their cover, and they have this dairy business on the side, and they secretly train in the barn for this war where Glory's going to wage war on her dad. But meanwhile, she's going around the globe recruiting all these other warriors that she knows or comes across or whatever, but she can't have a farm with all these mystical warriors running around, right? So she uses some magic spell or demon science or whatever to house the warriors' forms within the cows, so the cows are actually these mystical warriors that seem to be regular dairy cows. So they milk them, like you do with cows, and they make ice cream and stuff, but they're really these mystical warriors. So Glory's like "Silverfall's going to find us eventually, but when he does, I just hit my magic button and all the cows take on these warrior traits and become a cow warrior army."

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 1, 2013

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Here's an interview with the creators about ending Glory.
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/13/the-end-of-glory-joe-keatinge-ross-campbell-interview/

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
If he ever starts taking commissions again, I'm totally going to get him to do a picture of farmer Glory and a warrior cow.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Not a panel but a link to an article about Batman punching animals. There are panels of Batman, well, punching animals and one of Superman wearing a lion as a wig.
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/01/batman-punching-animals-ask-chris-139/

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Uthor posted:

Not a panel but a link to an article about Batman punching animals. There are panels of Batman, well, punching animals and one of Superman wearing a lion as a wig.
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/01/batman-punching-animals-ask-chris-139/

This is probably frowned upon, but can anyone make a .gif of this:

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Is Bruce Wayne really just chugging a bottle of champagne?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Strontosaurus posted:

Is Bruce Wayne really just chugging a bottle of champagne?

He is suppose to be seen as a drunken playboy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

He is suppose to be seen as a drunken playboy.

I took it as a gift for Alfred whenever he came off-stage.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

KayTee posted:

This is probably frowned upon, but can anyone make a .gif of this:

Maybe ask in the GIF thread?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2248287

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Mars Attacks the Transformers is a delight from start to finish. Here's a samplin':

The Martians have trapped both the Autobots and Decepticons in a force field, and they hit on the plan on hooking Soundwave up to Blaster to wipe it out.

Blaster, the best Autobot.

Later, Megatron has been shrunk "to the size of a small girl's plaything" and Starscream takes advantage of this opening.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

redbackground posted:

Mars Attacks the Transformers is a delight from start to finish. Here's a samplin':

The Martians have trapped both the Autobots and Decepticons in a force field, and they hit on the plan on hooking Soundwave up to Blaster to wipe it out.

Blaster, the best Autobot.

Later, Megatron has been shrunk "to the size of a small girl's plaything" and Starscream takes advantage of this opening.

drat it, I was going to post pages from that and my scanner died :(
Can you post the ones of Spike getting made fun of for his footware and than later when it comes in handy?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Benito Cereno posted:

Hmm? No, not at all. Ares is definitely one of Zeus's relatively few legitimate children, and I'm not sure what I said that seems otherwise.

But if you want to continue this discussion, it should probably be in the DC thread or Derailed, I suppose.

just this bit of the passage "you are my child, and it was to me that your mother bore you.
But were you born of some other god and proved so ruinous"
but it could mean something else, like he's disavowing him

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Honest Thief posted:

just this bit of the passage "you are my child, and it was to me that your mother bore you.
But were you born of some other god and proved so ruinous"
but it could mean something else, like he's disavowing him

He's just saying that if Ares weren't his son, he would have kicked his rear end out of heaven a long time ago.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
After Chris Pratt was cast as Starlord, Vulture put together a Guardians of the Galaxy starring the rest of the Parks and Rec crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

After Chris Pratt was cast as Starlord, Vulture put together a Guardians of the Galaxy starring the rest of the Parks and Rec crew.

Spot-on casting for everyone. Especially Groot.

• Locked thread