Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

ProfessorProf posted:

I should not have listened to this in the office.

I dunno, it wasn't very funny. It would have been better if he read the actual intro the game, rather than a plot synopsis. The plot of Barkely 1 isn't very funny, it's the way it is told through the game; its totally bold-faced presentation of absolutely ridiculous events that it takes totally seriously. Having it summed up like it was really didn't do much for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Did anyone mention the game got a multipage article in the current PC Gamer directly after their Bioshock write-up?

6 full pages and a mention on the front cover. Half of it was talking about the first game though.

Edit: Can't scan it, but the cover's here.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 2, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Can anyone scan it?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Found a scan somewhere http://imgur.com/a/e1uOA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Thanks!

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
Haha, wrong message

Miruvor fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 2, 2013

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yoya posted:

Found a scan somewhere http://imgur.com/a/e1uOA

Barkley used to be a basketball player.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Use your newfound connections with PC Gamer to get Charles Barkley to endorse the game for free

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I love how two of my three favorite things made it into that article. The turkey feather, and the quote from Barkley about ghosts in the Spalding factory. I wish the Incan Gold story made it there though.

Its awesome you guys got a multi-page article though. And all started from a free "weird RPG" made in 2008 that was very non serious but you took very seriously (as said in the article.) Way to go dude's!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I went to go buy it, only to see PC Gamer with Neverwinter Nights on the cover. I then rechecked the thread to see that it's only in the UK edition :smith:. I guess I should just power through trying to read the text on the scan? Or will they eventually put it on the website.

Dammit PC Gamer, I was completely willing to buy a physical copy of your magazine.

edit:
VVVVVVV Nah dude, check this out: http://www.pcgamer.com/category/magazine/us-mag/, http://www.pcgamer.com/category/magazine/uk-mag/

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 2, 2013

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
No it's the American version. The cover is Bioshock.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Sokani posted:

I dunno, it wasn't very funny. It would have been better if he read the actual intro the game, rather than a plot synopsis. The plot of Barkely 1 isn't very funny, it's the way it is told through the game; its totally bold-faced presentation of absolutely ridiculous events that it takes totally seriously. Having it summed up like it was really didn't do much for me.
On the other hand, the first time I read that summary on Wikipedia I burst out laughing. They have the exact same matter-of-fact, straight-faced tone that makes the game's humor work. You could mistake it for the plot summary for any other obscure, batshit 90's JRPG that has it's deep significance obsessively poured over by internet nerds.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

REWARDS EMAILS ARE GOING OUT, I REPEAT, REWARDS EMAILS ARE GOING OUT.

Got my wallpaper and music pack emails already.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Sorry for the holdup everyone. The digital rewards themselves have been ready for a while, but the server code wasn't. I guess this is what we get when the dude hosting the files is doing it for free. Have fun and enjoy our weird poo poo. And thank you very, very, very much for supporting our ridiculous game.

OH ALSO the Cyberdwarf pillows are being shipped to us from the manufacturers in about 2 weeks and after that they should be shipped out to you all.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to confirm the shipping address on the pillow? I'm not sure if I used my home or work address when I pledged.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I will get back to you on that. The dude who's handling all the Kickstarter physical reward stuff is out right now, but I will ask him as soon as he gets back.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Downloaded the soundtrack preview, it has a new version of Killers. Hell yes. This game is gonna own.

Also, is the Vidcon pack going out later? I've already got the wallpapers, OST preview, and music pack, but not that one.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, it will be out in a few hours. We added one last game at the last minute, sorry.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Anyone who also uses one of the shiny, overpriced pieces of poo poo known as a Mac have any tips on what program I should use to listen to .ogg's? Because iTunes won't do it. All I've found is dragging it into a browser.
Dammit I need to stop putting off setting up my new PC.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Coolguye posted:

The biggest risk, in case you didn't know this already, is that if you don't be kind to yourself you could have it for a long, long time. I have a bad habit of overworking myself when I get interested in something, so when the doctor said I had mono during my sophomore year of college, I didn't really take it seriously and kept working at stuff. I figured I felt better a month later, no problem.

That next year I did absolutely awful at school (for me, I didn't risk dropping out or anything), and by the time I came home for the summer I was kind of walking around like a zombie half the time. My father immediately knew something serious was wrong and told me to go to the doctor's, who promptly told me I still had the same case of mono from 13 months earlier.

So yeah regarding learning curve, this is what I learned: Mono will kick your loving rear end.

Chef Boyardee, are you taking it easy? Or will you have mono for the duration of development?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I think I'm over the worst part, I'm just tired all the time which really sucks. It's ruined my sleep cycle, but I think I'm mostly okay.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Chef Boyardee posted:

I think I'm over the worst part, I'm just tired all the time which really sucks. It's ruined my sleep cycle, but I think I'm mostly okay.

It's okay to take some time off to recover, as long as you tell your backers you're doing so and why. That's the important part, where a bunch of Kickstarterers have failed.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 3, 2013

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think I'm going to have to turn bootyclapper into a ringtone.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Don't forget to read the readme file in the ToG Music Pack. It's awesome!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Anyone who also uses one of the shiny, overpriced pieces of poo poo known as a Mac have any tips on what program I should use to listen to .ogg's? Because iTunes won't do it. All I've found is dragging it into a browser.
Dammit I need to stop putting off setting up my new PC.
VLC has a mac port and will play drat near anything.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Anime Bulldog better be in the final product or else you will no longer be a true doom murder head in my eyes, Chef Boyardee.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Accordion Man posted:

Anime Bulldog better be in the final product or else you will no longer be a true doom murder head in my eyes, Chef Boyardee.

I've said this before, stop it with the "if you don't have feature x then you're a worthless sack of poo poo" stuff. I know you're being sarcastic but it's not funny. Also there are more productive ways of offering suggestions.

NO JOKE'S.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Finally, I can proudly say that I have spent money on the atmospheric masterpiece "The Laughing Jew."

edit: The dwarfnet remix of the Dilbert music is super chill.

fuepi fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 3, 2013

Tyja
Jul 16, 2006

The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
I keep my secret still.
I was concerned that Barkley 2's would struggle without Space Jam theme and Eternity, but this one goes out to my j-j-j-Japanese girl Zakura.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Two things:

First, I had no idea Natural Evolution was going to be in this pack, no one asked me! I'm calling my lawyers.

Second, did the boss ratio for Natural Evolution get dramatically increased? I just faced 3 of them in a row like 5 seconds into the game, which I don't remember happening in the original.

E: Yeah, something's definitely wrong, I only face one wave of regular enemies before getting an infinite boss rush.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 3, 2013

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Our love will rust this world
Were the wallpapers supposed to have gone out already? I got the music and vidcon pack emails already.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Closet Cyborg posted:

Were the wallpapers supposed to have gone out already? I got the music and vidcon pack emails already.
They should have, I got mine.

Anyway, to be a bit more constructive, the OST so far is very nice, I'm already finding the game hilarious. Keep up the great work guys.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Closet Cyborg posted:

What's your email address? Did you check your spam folder? We've gotten reports that certain email provider are sending these to spam. If it's not in spam, email contact at talesofgames dot com and we can send you a new one.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, I'm digging the soundtrack so far. Glad to see so many classic Barkley tracks getting remixed, and accousticmockup sounds surprisingly badass. (is it a boss theme or something?)

I do kind of hope that zalatar - precious pellets gets a remix too though, that was like the best track in Barkley 1.

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Our love will rust this world

Chef Boyardee posted:

What's your email address? Did you check your spam folder? We've gotten reports that certain email provider are sending these to spam. If it's not in spam, email contact at talesofgames dot com and we can send you a new one.

Yeah, I checked the spam folder, no dice. I'll shoot off an email later. Thanks!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chef Boyardee posted:

It was nestled in my hotmail spam folder alright.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you Chef Boyardee. Your music brings smiles to my facial region.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I'm really happy you like it, it means a lot to me. I feel like the only music that's any good in the music pack is Non Human and Mountain of Debt. The rest is all very old and weird garbage or stuff I made in 30 minutes for game jams. That RPG Maker folder is just a blast from the past for me. I dug through old hard drives to find old games I did the music for and found stuff I hadn't heard in a decade plus weird proto versions of Jonathan Taylor Thomas and a bunch of other songs in Barkley.. It's funny how little I've progressed and how my music is basically the same.

Lurdiak posted:

E: Yeah, something's definitely wrong, I only face one wave of regular enemies before getting an infinite boss rush.
Yes, Ren definitely messed something up in the version he gave us. Too bad, it just means more time with your beautiful voice.

Chef Boyardee fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 4, 2013

Throumbas
Dec 24, 2006

why did the byob cross the road

Dorroile posted:

I do kind of hope that zalatar - precious pellets gets a remix too though, that was like the best track in Barkley 1.

I loved the new versions of the Barkley 1 tracks but I too was hoping for a zalatar - precious pellets sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

The README with that wallpaper pack has some really badass ACSII art with the TOG's logo. Keep up the good work guys!