Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Eee, just received super neat mail from Lamb. Aww, Lamb, you're always so sweet. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wings of Mine
Aug 23, 2011
I just wanted to thank everyone for the Christmas cards!! :) I was away on winter break for quite a long time, and wasn't able to pick up a lot of the cards before I left. When I came back, I was surprised to find my mailbox full!

DLAO -- Glitterbomb!! Thank you so much for the snowflake ornament! I love it! The tattoos and pictures are cute, too. I definitely will be prepared for the zombie apocalypse!

Shoozy -- I definitely will be coloring this book page. Thank you! :D

Marlowe -- SO MUCH CONFETTI! It's always a joy opening these things and getting doused!

Lamb -- I love the postcard!! The dollar makes a good bookmark (I wish it were real), and thank you for the delicious tea!

IM Jack -- Beautiful Christmas card. I love it!!

Panorama_Change -- I love this retro Christmas card! Thank you!

---

As for Valentine's Day, I received my first valentine from DLAO. Opening these cards is always a surprise! I now have confetti everywhere! I love the two cards, especially the little handmade one! And I so will be using the tattoos and coloring page again! Thank you!!

I will be sending Valentine's goodies off, in return to the people who have mailed me so far, and to new folks as well! :D I bought a buttload of stuff. If anyone would like to send me anything, my address is:

Wings of Mine
PO Box 10137
Hollins University
Roanoke, VA 24020
USA

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Agnostic Prophet omg! I got your mail today and I really love the painting! I am gonna take a photo of it later but I wanted to acknowledge that I received it right away. It is adorable and will have a place of honour on my board of goonery. Thank you so much!

cuntvalet and party hat, glad you got them :3:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

cuntvalet posted:

Letters to Man of the Year and Niemat are being sent out today.

So excited :3:

As a side question, does anyone know where I can get a box of just colored envelopes...? I checked Michael's to no avail, and I really wanna send out Valentines. :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention! Some letters going out tomorrow! ...and I think I dated some of them 2012... :downs:

EDIT 2: I also *may have* repurposed some cards from other holidays... because it's fun. :colbert:

Niemat fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 7, 2013

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Niemat posted:

As a side question, does anyone know where I can get a box of just colored envelopes...? I checked Michael's to no avail, and I really wanna send out Valentines. :(

No clue, but if you can get a cheap pad of scrapbooking paper (I can usually find a huge one for about $10) you could always make them with folding and tape. :3:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

No clue, but if you can get a cheap pad of scrapbooking paper (I can usually find a huge one for about $10) you could always make them with folding and tape. :3:

I just worry they'd fall apart... I'm not very crafty. :blush:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Have you fellow U.S. mailgoons seen this?

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/06/goodbye-saturday-letter-delivery/

:cry:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Niemat posted:

EDIT: Forgot to mention! Some letters going out tomorrow! ...and I think I dated some of them 2012... :downs:

I got a box of pastel envelopes in Wal Mart in the office section. "Party envelopes." :toot:

(edit, yo)

I should also add that I've gotten goonmail and sent replies, but I'm at work but I don't remember who all I've been valentine'd by. I do remember PezMaster though, because she sent me awesome erotic elf/wizard fanfiction for Valentine's day. :colbert: Your move, goons.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 7, 2013

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Niemat posted:

I got mine from staples! :-D

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

What. :stare: This is pretty sad news... What will I have to look forward to on Saturdays...? :(

13Pandora13 posted:

I got a box of pastel envelopes in Wal Mart in the office section. "Party envelopes." :toot:

DLAO posted:

I got mine from staples! :-D

I shall have to check these out! Tomorrow is my errand day, so I'll make a point of stopping by at least one of these places! Thanks, guys!!

(ALSO: both of you should maybe be watching for letters :3:)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

We don't get Saturday letter delivery where I am, never have.

I have a ritual after work that when I get home, I check my mail before anything. They screwed with my work schedule so I've had to work Saturdays and Sundays and I feel strangely empty when there's no point in my ritual.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

13Pandora13 posted:

I should also add that I've gotten goonmail and sent replies, but I'm at work but I don't remember who all I've been valentine'd by. I do remember PezMaster though, because she sent me awesome erotic elf/wizard fanfiction for Valentine's day. :colbert: Your move, goons.

That sounds kinda awesome. :stare:

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
I got some amazing Canadian Erotic Fan Fiction in today's mail! It was excellent and disturbing all at the same time! Thanks PezMaster!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Is that what we're doing now? Writing campy over the top erotica? If so, I'm SO in. For receiving and writing.

...expect mine to be bizarrely creepy. Bwahaha. But who would I send it to?!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Niemat posted:

What. :stare: This is pretty sad news... What will I have to look forward to on Saturdays...? :(

(ALSO: both of you should maybe be watching for letters :3:)

Not Happy About the Saturday NO MAIL thing. It's like the highlight of my day to check the box after work and see if I got lucky fun from any goons.

VERY giddy and excited about receiving mail now. I shall check even MORE diligently. I also determined that sending and receiving goon mail is more important than eating/paying bills, so I broke and bought more stamps, so the sending will start being launched again. :-D

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

DLAO posted:

VERY giddy and excited about receiving mail now. I shall check even MORE diligently.

So much pressure! :stare: Now I'm reevaluating if my outgoing goon mail is goony enough!! (Although I did use stamps from two years ago that I just found, sooo... :smug:)

Edit: But in all seriousness, I'm glad you're excited. :3:

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010

:argh:! That sucks.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I've been saving up my Goonmail since Saturday to open all at once, like Christmas presents! I couldn't sleep this morning and I've been up since FOUR O'CLOCK and decided I'd open everything to make me feel better. It worked!

In no particular order:

Lamb, thanks for the envelope full of goodies. I dig the cupcake button and the squirrel card is about the cutest thing I've seen all week.

Jimmy da Fish, I love the heart stickers and the fortune teller fish -- holy crap! That was a blast from the past -- I have vague memories of something like that from whenI was a kid, which reminded me of other stuff and, well, I had a little trip down memory lane this morning all over that goofy little fish. Thanks.

DLAO, totally diggin' the HK card, complete with TATTOO! Your cupcake card is adorable. Handmade, I assume? Where did you find that cupcake paper? 'Cuz I want some! Also, I think I might make a ShrinkyDink out of my Scooby-Doo coloring page.

Crazy Old Clarice, thanks for the envelope full of randomness. I have never seen such a tiny pop-up card, much less in Valentine format. Adorbs! I'm lovin' the stickers, button, playing card and Hello Kitty! thingies (tokens?).

TeamLunch, origami hearts FTW! So little! So red! So folded! Thank you! I'm gonna be rockin' those flower tats, too.

And, finally, I came home last night to find :siren:DRUNKEN MAIL:siren: from Killamajig and PezMaster. I'm not exactly sure what you said because the stamp covered part of your note, but it had something to do with Mexican happy hour and an Italian wine bar. I can tell that you guys are fun at parties.

Aaaand, as I sat here typing up my gratitude, it struck me that there was at least one other envelope that I received but haven't opened and I can't seem to find it. If you sent me a card and I haven't acknowledged it, it's probably in the void. It'll turn up. My roommates and I are disorganized pigs, but stuff always turns up again.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Shoozy posted:

DLAO, Your cupcake card is adorable. Handmade, I assume? Where did you find that cupcake paper? 'Cuz I want some!

Joann's Fabrics and Crafts, in the scrap booking section, they have these notebooks of paper that have designs and ALL sorts of themes.

Here it is online: Pretty Paper

EDIT: PS-- I'm glad you liked the cards! :-D

kafkasgoldfish posted:

That sounds kinda awesome. :stare:

:stare: I concur. There might be a new trend among the new cards being sent out.

DLAO fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 7, 2013

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Wings of Mine posted:

Panorama_Change -- I love this retro Christmas card! Thank you!

FYI those were obtained at a friend's consignment/record shop in Roanoke called The Bazaar. They're closed this coming weekend because the shop owner is doing a mini tour with her band. If you get the chance to check them out it's worth it. The store SNES is always running.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Tremors posted:

I hope you people like cherry scented scratch 'n sniff stickers.

Any idea why two of my cards were returned to me today stamped with "Return for 20 cent surcharge"? They were all about the same weight and sent to US addresses, so I wonder why only two were returned to me and not the whole bunch.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

One of the things lamb sent me was a pin with a cartoon owl on it.

I'm wearing it on my cardigan at work and it's getting me through the day. :3:

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Tremors posted:

Any idea why two of my cards were returned to me today stamped with "Return for 20 cent surcharge"? They were all about the same weight and sent to US addresses, so I wonder why only two were returned to me and not the whole bunch.

Some post offices are ridiculously strict about weight, like the one in my town. They will not deliver mail that isn't almost perfectly flat without the extra postage... basically if it feels heavy they want more postage. Maybe that is why they wouldn't accept them, just a poopy local post office.

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010

Tremors posted:

When I went into the post office to send out my cards, they did the same thing to me too. They told me it was the small shape of the envelopes, and that if it had been a postcard, they would have still charged the 20 cents more, also. Sucko! (On second thought, this isn't relevant to your question, because they clearly look the same!)

DLAO Thank you for the love! Glitterbomb explosion! :yayclod:
This bee on the back made me happy happy. :) I have a very similar one as a tattoo on my shoulder, flying sideways.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bampf Kerpow! fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 8, 2013

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thank you Shoozy, Lamb, and Tempura Wizard for your Valentine's greetings.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Bampf Kerpow! posted:

DLAO Thank you for the love! G
This bee on the back made me happy happy. :) I have a very similar one as a tattoo on my shoulder, flying sideways.

It's a Hello Kitty Stamp :smug:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

JimmyDaFish: thanks for the awesome fortune teller fish, that is so odd and unique, I have never seen one of those before, way cool.

Marlowe: How did you know I love puns, thanks for pun-tastic V-Day card, it was amazing and fun to do too.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
OP--- did someone get removed from the list? I was keeping an ongoing track with it and now the person I left off at is no longer there and I'm trying to figure out who to send to next. :smith:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

DLAO posted:

OP--- did someone get removed from the list? I was keeping an ongoing track with it and now the person I left off at is no longer there and I'm trying to figure out who to send to next. :smith:

A few people got dropped off when I added the newest people, because they hadn't posted since Xmas. PM me the name of the person you left off with and I'll look and see if I can figure out where they were on the list.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
shoozy, thank you for the card and the brownie recipe!

Team Lunch, thank you for the Batman valentine!

Mr. & Mrs. Genesplicer, thank you! K:c:

Jimmy da Fish, thank you!

My valentines are going out tomorrow, come hell or high water! I'm totally delinquent on this. Again.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Yay! I'm glad the cards are starting to arrive. The fortune fish are something I remember from childhood. I was only able to get about a dozen of them so 12 random goons got them.

marlowe can you go
Oct 13, 2011

Tremors posted:

I'm not sure from the picture, but it looks like the envelopes are square? Because that would do it. The machines have trouble with square envelopes, apparently, so they charge extra. Though not everyone is a stickler about it, so I've had some go through and others be returned - just randomly, it seems. Some of mine were square this time and I just took them to the desk to get the extra 20 cent stamps.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Does anyone have any experience complaining to the US Post Office and/or know where I would go to complain about receiving trashed mail...? Jimmy da Fish and the former Mustard Master (now Man of the Year): I got your Valentine yesterday and your letter today, but they were pretty totaled, and Mustard Master's candy was gone. :( My goonentine from lamb I received last week was just the scratch to reveal card left in a mostly open envelope... and these are just the latest in a string, so I'm noticing a pattern. Ya'll work too hard to have your mail trashed!! :ohdear: Has anyone else been having this problem (or know what causes this problem??)? Is my mail making it to folks okay (albeit waaaaaaaay too slow, I've noticed)???

Edit: And, I guess, while I'm complaining, do I complain to the same person about trashed mail that I do that our postman seems unwilling to pick up our outgoing mail....? I keep having to drive to the actual post office because he's not taking our outgoing mail with him--which he has traditionally taken up until a few months ago, and we didn't receive any notices that said he was going to stop picking up our outgoing mail, so I have to believe it's a negligence issue at this point....

Niemat fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 8, 2013

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Team Lunch, thank you so much for the Batman Valentine, I couldn't stop :3:. It made me feel so great, especially since I've had such a terrible week.

Also, what's up Virginia Goons!! :hfive:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I've gotten quite a bit of goonentine love already, and it's time to say my thank you's! First up is:

Vixenella and Alkaphanel! Thank you for the adorable elephant valentine, colouring page, and the romance conversation card. All very cute, and suitably Valentine-y. :buddy:

JimmydaFish, thank you for the awesome postcard! I think I've already sent a reply out to you for this postcard, so I won't bore you by saying the same things twice.

Shoozy sent me a cute valentine and a brownie recipe I haven't tried yet. I baked some muffins that were absolute abominations yesterday, so I think I might try this recipe instead this weekend to try and redeem myself in the eyes of my family. Yikes.

Pezmaster and Killamajig sent me this awesome valentine and colouring page. I laughed so hard at the colouring job. Very well done... and not a bit suggestive. Thank you.

(I took the Lego apart so I wouldn't give away the puzzle to anyone who hasn't received theirs yet.) Rythe!!, thank you so much for the Lego valentine! Oh man, I had so much fun putting it together! I figured out the puzzle without looking at the hint, but it did take me a while. I had to sort out all the pieces first and when I realized there was only one of the square block, I knew that was the centre. Everything fit together pretty quickly after that.

This really reminded me how much I used to love Lego as a kid. :3: I'm so happy you sent me this! Thank you! Best Valentine's gift in ages, seriously.

Thanks for all the goonlove, everyone! I hope my letters start reaching people soon. :unsmith:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 29, 2017

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've gotten quite a bit of goonentine love already, and it's time to say my thank you's! First up is:

Vixenella and Alkaphanel! Thank you for the adorable elephant valentine, colouring page, and the romance conversation card. All very cute, and suitably Valentine-y. :buddy:

JimmydaFish, thank you for the awesome postcard! I think I've already sent a reply out to you for this postcard, so I won't bore you by saying the same things twice.

Shoozy sent me a cute valentine and a brownie recipe I haven't tried yet. I baked some muffins that were absolute abominations yesterday, so I think I might try this recipe instead this weekend to try and redeem myself in the eyes of my family. Yikes.

Pezmaster and Killamajig sent me this awesom

Te valentine and colouring page. I laughed so hard at the colouring job. Very well done... and not a bit suggestive. Thank you.

(I took the Lego apart so I wouldn't give away the puzzle to anyone who hasn't received theirs yet.) Rythe!!, thank you so much for the Lego valentine! Oh man, I had so much fun putting it together! I figured out the puzzle without looking at the hint, but it did take me a while. I had to sort out all the pieces first and when I realized there was only one of the square block, I knew that was the centre. Everything fit together pretty quickly after that.

This really reminded me how much I used to love Lego as a kid. :3: I'm so happy you sent me this! Thank you! Best Valentine's gift in ages, seriously.

Thanks for all the goonlove, everyone! I hope my letters start reaching people soon. :unsmith:

That is an awesome card but it's not from me. I wish I had sent it. :shrug:

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

JimmydaFish, thank you for the awesome postcard! I think I've already sent a reply out to you for this postcard, so I won't bore you by saying the same things

That was from me! Glad you thought it was awesome.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

God Bless Johnny posted:

That was from me! Glad you thought it was awesome.

Haha, sorry... I thought it said Jimmy on the back, not Johnny. My bad!

(Oh god, I replied to the postcard to the wrong person too. I'm sorry. I'll mail you something nice. :buddy:)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
MARLOWE amd JIMMYDAFISH I got your Valentines today and I'm just fascinated with them.

Marlowe you maze picture looks like a brain and it confuses mine! :-)

JimmydaFish that fortune teller fish thingy is CREEPING ME OUT! I don't get how it moves!

Thanks for the love! <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I got a valentine from lamb today. Thank you! I love the things you mail, you always send the neatest things. :D

Also 2 got sent back to me for more stamps, so I sorted that, but ThermoJoy, your envelope had to be opened and resealed, I had to take something out because it was too thick apparently... that is not your real valentine anyway, the one coming is a little one, you'll be getting your real valentine soon. I have caught a chest cold so I'm feeling marvellous but I plan on sending your real one when I can write a letter to accompany it. Hopefully to be mailed next week (cause it's coming up on V-day, eek). I just wanted to mention that because the envelope looked pretty trashed and obviously tampered with after I took the offending thing out, so I wanted you to know it was ME and not some random postal snoop.

Anyway, back to bed for me, I'm hoping I'll be able to breathe soonish.

Also Niemat, that is really lame. I hope you get things sorted. It sounds kind of fishy to me. :| I think I will have to send you something that is pretty much untrashable as an experiment.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 9, 2013