Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

AsInHowe posted:

I know a guy who would really want that Hartnell. Is it available at all?

Long shot, I'm a fan of Hartnell's, but if he wants to toss me an offer I can pass you my email. scboulet at gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Is the person you know that really wants it Scott Hartnell? He is kinda known for collecting his own cards.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Is the person you know that really wants it Scott Hartnell? He is kinda known for collecting his own cards.

I demand
1x Scott Hartnell Gameworn Jersey
1x Autographed #HartnellDown toque
1x Claude Giroux game worn gloves (Just steal em)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

I may have hit a big card tonight..

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Those shields!

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Yeah, that is some tight poo poo there.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Oh yeah? Well I got a Mark Scheffele rpa /99.... you win this time Surmy :argh:

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
The table breakage made me think it was just one logo, then I kept hitting the right arrow button to find out it was a book.

Fun basketball card collector info - Laker PG Steve Blake's mom collects her son's cards :3:.

edit: grammar

lloyol fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 5, 2013

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Yeah that's an OK hit.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

lloyol posted:

The table breakage made me think it was just one logo, then I kept hitting the right arrow button to find out it was a book.

Fun basketball card collector info - Laker PG Steve Blake's mom collects his sons cards :3:.

Probably a rather easy and affordable player haha

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Dark I may have to pull out of this break. I got laid off today and am going into poverty mode.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

thompson posted:

Dark I may have to pull out of this break. I got laid off today and am going into poverty mode.

Oh snap, that sucks :( No problem man.

If anyone wants to grab his spot, feel free to let me know, otherwise I will just take it.

It is a good thing it was not tonight, UPS failed to deliver today. They will be in tomorrow though.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 6, 2013

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

darkwolf220 posted:

It is a good thing it was not tonight, UPS failed to deliver today. They will be in tomorrow though.

Do we have hockey cards today?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Quantrill posted:

Do we have hockey cards today?

darks working, so i assume so.
im tired already, and watching some limited get broke.

value doesnt seem to be there box wise

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I got some hockey cards. ABS I got that Neely.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Anyone named John here interested in some Nail Yahupov custom cards? I sent him some TTMs and he sent back all four with"To: John (autograph)" so I figure I can give some away.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

LumpyGumby posted:

Anyone named John here interested in some Nail Yahupov custom cards? I sent him some TTMs and he sent back all four with"To: John (autograph)" so I figure I can give some away.

nope, but i would love one for a friend!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Quantrill, let's discuss that Neely, Darkwolf gave me an approximate value on it, but I forgot :negative: Today I got an UD Series 1 tin and got a Letang jersey card, the powder blue, not prime or anything, but whatever we work out, I'll toss that in for you. Let me know.

Also, if anyone has any UD series one commons they don't need I'm missing like 20 cards to complete the base 200 card set or whatever it is. Let me know if you've got any and I can PM or email you the list of ones I'm missing. I've got about 3 sets near completion which is fairly exciting for me considering I just got into collecting a couple months ago. It's probably nothing to get too worked up about though haha.
I have a buddy named John who collects so I'd be interested in one of those Yakupov cards too.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
me and surmy are hanging out waiting for wolf. :)
come join us, and talk about everything.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Can I have the room again?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Right here :
http://www.blogtv.com/people/darkwolf220

come join us!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Well, it was a late night and it took a while, but our streak of having ridiculous breaks continues :toot:

Sharp_Angus won the random for this:

Pretty sexy hit of the break yeah?

Wait, it wasn't the hit of the break? Antifreeze_Head got what?!

drat :stare: Now that is money well spent. Wait, there is another? Oh ffff....

Card.... is.... so.. big.....

Who won that 12 way random? This guy :smug:

Thanks everyone for breaking with us, we got some massive hits and a lot of good not so massive stuff too. I think everyone walked away with something decent tonight, and that is a good thing. Plus mini-jerseys. I am going to try to get those other 2 breaks knocked out before posting a new big one. ~5-6 more teams in the mini and 3 more Superlative spots, we can do it :toot:

e: In all honesty, that Taylor Hall is the biggest hit. It doesn't have the WOW factor of the 12 way book, but it is a solid $100-$130 all day. And since I think the only one who was not there was Antifreeze_Head, you got 2nd choice and 29th choice, took Edmonton and Minnesota.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 7, 2013

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

Well, it was a late night and it took a while, but our streak of having ridiculous breaks continues :toot:

Sharp_Angus won the random for this:

Pretty sexy hit of the break yeah?

Wait, it wasn't the hit of the break? Antifreeze_Head got what?!

drat :stare: Now that is money well spent. Wait, there is another? Oh ffff....

Card.... is.... so.. big.....

Who won that 12 way random? This guy :smug:

Thanks everyone for breaking with us, we got some massive hits and a lot of good not so massive stuff too. I think everyone walked away with something decent tonight, and that is a good thing. Plus mini-jerseys. I am going to try to get those other 2 breaks knocked out before posting a new big one. ~5-6 more teams in the mini and 3 more Superlative spots, we can do it :toot:

e: In all honesty, that Taylor Hall is the biggest hit. It doesn't have the WOW factor of the 12 way book, but it is a solid $100-$130 all day. And since I think the only one who was not there was Antifreeze_Head, you got 2nd choice and 29th choice, took Edmonton and Minnesota.

Dark please don't sell that big boy. Once this unemployment thing takes care of itself I want to buy that and some Getzlafs from you.

Also, does anyone have any interest in the 3 color rookie showcase patch of landeskog from prime?

thompson fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 7, 2013

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I don't intend to sell it to anyone for the time being. If I do decide to sell it, you will be the first to know.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

I don't intend to sell it to anyone for the time being. If I do decide to sell it, you will be the first to know.

Totally fair. :D The Getzlaf shadowbox however must be fair game. :p

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

darkwolf220 posted:

I seem cursed that I just can't be there for these things. At least this time I wasn't puking my guts out, just had to get to bed early so I could start work in the middle of the night.

Was this one recorded?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

:stare: I didn't know they made booklets that big.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Boinks posted:

:stare: I didn't know they made booklets that big.

Football went overboard with it and made some ridiculous 36-man booklets that actually require getting on a step-ladder to properly display.

http://www.examiner.com/article/panini-america-reveals-largest-nfl-trading-card-history

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

FanofPortals posted:

Football went overboard with it and made some ridiculous 36-man booklets that actually require getting on a step-ladder to properly display.

http://www.examiner.com/article/panini-america-reveals-largest-nfl-trading-card-history

Wasn't one of these booklets cut up into individual cards by a dealer?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

I seem cursed that I just can't be there for these things. At least this time I wasn't puking my guts out, just had to get to bed early so I could start work in the middle of the night.

Was this one recorded?

It was not, things were hecktic last night, I got in right at 10pm and had to prettymuch fly through things to get us done before 12:30. Here is a list of your hits:

Jeff Petry luxury suite rookie /899
Curtis Joseph The Goalies insert
Anton Lander Pinnacle rookie
Brett Bulmer Pinnacle rookie
Marty McSorley Tough Times
Andrew Cogliano Mini Jersey Rookie
Paul Coffey Double Diamond
Mikko Koivu Double Diamond Ruby /100
Jordan Eberle Rookie of the Year contenders insert
Ryan Smyth/Tomas Holmstrom Draft Day Tandems insert
Nick Johnson NHL Ink auto
Niklas Backstrom jersey and 3clr prime jersey /150 from Luxury Suite
Taylor Hall jersey prime and auto level 1 rookie 90/199 from Luxury Suite
Mini Jersey of Dwayne Roloson

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

FanofPortals posted:

Don't get me wrong, that's sweet, but i'd immediately sell it just not to deal with it.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Quantrill did you get my picture last night?

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Ashekaban posted:

nope, but i would love one for a friend!

Groovy, send your address to rvbrnm@yahoo.com

Also, if anyone else is interested, I have a few more to give away.

Two CuJos
Three Andersons
One More Yakupov
And three more Bowers.

Stastny kept the other three I sent, and due to a Printing error only two of Chelios' were printed, one he kept.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Interested in the Yakupov, don't know if you saw my previous post or not.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I did miss that, send me your address via the email I posted up earlier.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Those are some top-notch designs. Do you tell the player you made them yourself and offer them to him?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I'd love a Johnny Bower :)

e: Jumped in a Limited case break, got 3rd overall, Rangers, I will keep you informed :D

ee: Aaaaand I got crushed. Redemption for a Marian Gaborik monikers auto. Lame.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 8, 2013

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Schremp Howard posted:

Those are some top-notch designs. Do you tell the player you made them yourself and offer them to him?

Thanks for the kind words. I include a letter with the customs, saying I designed and made them. I usually have four, and say they can keep some.

Varlamov actually kept two and sent the other two back unsigned. :argh:

Darkwolf, shoot me your addy via email.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Alright packed everyone's stuff today, will ship it out next time I am able to get to the post. Next break to go off will be Superlative, 2-3 spots left. Lets knock that one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Speaking of shipping, Quantrill I'll be headed to the post office on Tuesday.

• Locked thread