Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got cards and letters!

First, Shoozy, thanks for all the neat bits.
And Opera Bitch Thanks as well.
When Worlds Collide a third thanks to you.

Now, why am I being generic?

Because of this beast:

Her name is Guinness (Gus-Gus for short). I had opened your three letters at the same time and put them on my table. Then Gus leaped up onto the table, attacking the pile of papers and cards with wild abandon, scattering much of the contents about. So, there were some nice stickers and various other bit. (WWC, I assume anything Canadian, like the $.05 in Free Canadian Tire merchandise is from you. The Card with the bugs on it has lots of tooth marks, but the Darwin card survived. So, without being completely specific, thanks for the goodies! Now I must learn to open them away from my cat.

I also got card from Kafka's Goldfish which included a rather nice Shaun of the Dead cross-stitch. Mrs. Genesplicer really liked it, and grabbed a frame for it.

Thanks everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Niemat posted:

Does anyone have any experience complaining to the US Post Office and/or know where I would go to complain about receiving trashed mail...? Jimmy da Fish and the former Mustard Master (now Man of the Year): I got your Valentine yesterday and your letter today, but they were pretty totaled, and Mustard Master's candy was gone. :( My goonentine from lamb I received last week was just the scratch to reveal card left in a mostly open envelope... and these are just the latest in a string, so I'm noticing a pattern. Ya'll work too hard to have your mail trashed!! :ohdear: Has anyone else been having this problem (or know what causes this problem??)? Is my mail making it to folks okay (albeit waaaaaaaay too slow, I've noticed)???

Edit: And, I guess, while I'm complaining, do I complain to the same person about trashed mail that I do that our postman seems unwilling to pick up our outgoing mail....? I keep having to drive to the actual post office because he's not taking our outgoing mail with him--which he has traditionally taken up until a few months ago, and we didn't receive any notices that said he was going to stop picking up our outgoing mail, so I have to believe it's a negligence issue at this point....

There's an 800 number on the USPS website: the post office

Alternatively, you could call your local PO and ask to talk to the...manager?

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Sorry. Edit.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 9, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Any birthdays coming up? Also, any fans of "Iron & Wine" or Morrissey?

genesplicer posted:

I also got card from Kafka's Goldfish which included a rather nice Shaun of the Dead cross-stitch. Mrs. Genesplicer really liked it, and grabbed a frame for it.

Thanks everyone!

I'm so flattered that the Mrs. put it in a frame to display in your home! If anyone is cross stitch curious, I get all the patterns from a few etsy sellers. They're easy and relaxing and seem to make nice gifts for friends when personalized.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

when worlds collide posted:

Also Niemat, that is really lame. I hope you get things sorted. It sounds kind of fishy to me. :| I think I will have to send you something that is pretty much untrashable as an experiment.

It is lame. :( Like I said, everyone works too hard to have some jerk destroy their mail!!

...I am kind of giggling right now after reading your post, though... When you said you were thinking about sending something pretty untrashable, I totally just thought of you sending a brick with our names and a stamp on it, haha. :xd:

Shoozy posted:

There's an 800 number on the USPS website: the post office

Alternatively, you could call your local PO and ask to talk to the...manager?

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I call some sort of 800 number, our closest post office, or the main hub for Omaha... :S Maybe I'll start with the closest one and go from there! Wish me luck!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Double posting to separate the bad feelings from the good ones!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

If anyone is cross stitch curious, I get all the patterns from a few etsy sellers. They're easy and relaxing and seem to make nice gifts for friends when personalized.

Go on.... :D

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Any birthdays coming up?

My birthday is on 3/4 :ohdear:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I got a lovely handmade goonentine from The Genesplicers and goodies from Lamb! Replies are out.

Also my address has changed oh-so-slightly:
(removed)

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 22, 2013

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I got back from working the metal cruise and the goonmail was waiting!

Thanks rythe, DLAO, Naomi D, Niemat, Pandora13, Kafka's Goldfish, Lamb, God Bless Johnny, Shoozy, PezMaster and Tempura Wizard!!!

GodBlessJohnny, Yes I loved the postcard, even if it was typed. I was totally overwhelmed by all the goon love.

On a side note, I am moving next month, so please be patient if I don't respond.
I'll respond to this round of goonmail and that will probably be it until I get settled.

YAY!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Niemat posted:

It is lame. :( Like I said, everyone works too hard to have some jerk destroy their mail!!

...I am kind of giggling right now after reading your post, though... When you said you were thinking about sending something pretty untrashable, I totally just thought of you sending a brick with our names and a stamp on it, haha. :xd:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I call some sort of 800 number, our closest post office, or the main hub for Omaha... :S Maybe I'll start with the closest one and go from there! Wish me luck!

That could be arranged... :ssh:

But forreals, I will send you something in my round 2. It will be late Valentine's but I have to wait till payday to get some more stamps. I have a card that would be perfect for this, and the way they are made, well, they'd have to really go out of their way to mess them up. So we will do this for :science: (and of course, cheer!).

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
kafkasgoldfish I would love to get a nerdy cross stitch from you!

I got goonlove today from JimmydaFish and Thermoponic Joy! Checking the mail hasn't been this exciting since... Christmas! :woop:

I'm sending out valentimes real soon!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
In the last while, I have become a huge fan of Deus Ex:HR, and have been trying to find some nerdy valentines in that vein... Unfortunately, they never make valentines of the GOOD video games. I'm mad!

Jealous of all you artistic goons. Maybe I'll try and make my own, but they're gonna be abominations, I'm warning you.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 29, 2017

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Hey when worlds collide's address isn't on the list :(

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Any birthdays coming up?

Tremors we are almost birthday buddies, mine is 3/5! But since Kafka already sent me the most awesome cross-stitch ever(tm) for Christmas, you should totally receive an awesome one for March birthday season.

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Saw Morrissey last month. As he said he was never coming back to my town, I'd love a little Morrissey something :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Disargeria posted:

Hey when worlds collide's address isn't on the list :(

I am in stealth mode. But you should have something in your mailbox soon, and I always put my return address because I am very anxious about mails being returned to sender. Which actually happened with your letter, they sent it back to me because they wanted more postage. :D You will see on your letter that there is a big rectangle clear plastic over your address, which is where the sticker saying PAY MORE STAMPS BITCH was, prior to my removing it after doing what they asked.

But in all seriousness, I left my addy off the list because I am not completely reliable yet, so I didn't want to get stuff when there was a chance that I couldn't send something back in a timely manner. I like to be reciprocal. :)

*fake edit- if you reaaaally want it immediately, I can PM you with it

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

I'm a married, nerdy as hell goon who would love pretty much anything, as long as it's not pubes or jars of semen.

mrfreeze
9357 Chamberlain st
Romulus, mi 48174

Oh, and I don't care about NWS stuff, just please keep it inside the envelope so my mail carrier doesn't give me stink eye.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski
I figure this could be fun!

HawaiiLameO
6418 W. Shields Ave.
Fresno, CA 93723

No NWS stuff, please.

If anyone wants to play off of some of my interests, here's some!:

Rabbits (I show them!)
Scrabble (I play it!)
Kitties (What self-respecting internet nerd doesn't love kitties? :3)
Dragons (especially Dragonriders of Pern... actually haven't read the original books in a long while, but I participate in numerous roleplays based on the books).
Black Metal (Like, the musical subgenre)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Hawaii_Lame-O posted:

I figure this could be fun!

Black Metal (Like, the musical subgenre)

We could do a metal CD trade!

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

mrfreeze posted:

I'm a married, nerdy as hell goon who would love pretty much anything, as long as it's not pubes or jars of semen.

Well, drat. There went my first two ideas for Valentines Day gifts.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski

thepitgoddess posted:

We could do a metal CD trade!

Ooh! *Ponders this*

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

Thank you to Opera Bitch and DLAO for the awesome cards and stuff!

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Thank you Genesplicers for the awesome heart day card!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Yay, Valentines! I got two today!

Thank you JimmydaFish, for the awesome Fortune Teller Fish! It told me I am passionate. :smug:
Last year, the fish Lamb sent me for V-day also told me I'm passionate, but when I forwarded it to my brother-in-law, all it told him was that I'm weird. :iiam: He's so not getting this one!

KafkasGoldfish... whoa! That is a wicked cross stitch. All the tiny little stitches are so neat and uniform, and it smells slightly of my favourite tea. I don't know how you do this, but I am in love with your awesomeness. Giggling at Boromir is a favourite pastime of mine, so this is perfect. Thank you. (I hope you got my Valentine! :ohdear:)

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 29, 2017

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

when worlds collide posted:

I am in stealth mode. But you should have something in your mailbox soon, and I always put my return address because I am very anxious about mails being returned to sender. Which actually happened with your letter, they sent it back to me because they wanted more postage. :D You will see on your letter that there is a big rectangle clear plastic over your address, which is where the sticker saying PAY MORE STAMPS BITCH was, prior to my removing it after doing what they asked.

But in all seriousness, I left my addy off the list because I am not completely reliable yet, so I didn't want to get stuff when there was a chance that I couldn't send something back in a timely manner. I like to be reciprocal. :)

*fake edit- if you reaaaally want it immediately, I can PM you with it

Ohhh, okay. I already sent out all my valentines today but I'll send along some goon love later!

Here's what I sent today! :v:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Yay! I sent out a bunch of Goon Love today (that will hopefully reach the intended folks by Thursday) and received two of mine own from Tremors --- thank you for the heart-shaped card and stickers, and Niemat- thank you for the card and explanation. I shall be sending you my own long detailed card, so expect some mail later this week! :-)

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
I received the most amazing Wolverine Valentine's Day cross stitch from Kafka's Goldfish today. Being a comic book fan my heart melted completely when I opened it. Having camera issues on my phone otherwise I'd share the love.

I have 20 cards going out tomorrow if I can make it to the post office. I apologize for those cards received after Thursday, but know that the love inside will still be fresh.

fake edit: that's love in the emotional definition of the word, not physical. :stare:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Got triple goon love today.

Team Lunch Thanks for the great origami hearts and the sweet Valentine paper airplane

Tremors Thank you for the sweet card and the neat foam hearts that I now have all over my desk.

Thermophonic Joy I got a big package from you today, all the way from the mystical Canada land. Lets see; the stickers where great, more foam hearts are always a plus, your awesome poem made the wife and I crack up laughing and we both really enjoyed the Nintendo candies, we tore into that bag as a part of our desert for the night.

Over all it has been a wonderful Valentines Day exchange, can not wait for the next major card/Lego holiday.

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I'm so flattered that the Mrs. put it in a frame to display in your home! If anyone is cross stitch curious, I get all the patterns from a few etsy sellers. They're easy and relaxing and seem to make nice gifts for friends when personalized.

I'm down with some Morrissey. I'm going to go see him next month, so long as he doesn't cancel again!

Thank you, Jimmy Da Fish (Your handwriting looks so cool) and Team Lunch =)! :love:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Kafka's Goldfish, thank's for the mail! The cross stitches are awesome as always! I'm secretly jealous of your crafting skills/creative mailings. :smith:

Todd
Jan 10, 2005
This looks like an extremely fun time and I'm not sure how I never stumbled upon this. Anyways, I'm a 25 year old man goon and I like random things. From the broad assortment of clocks (I'm a weirdo), to different cultures across the world, and schematics and older architecture. I am also proud to be Famiglia Di Ythrl's (WoW goon guild) only Republican and crazy person. I love a fantastic story, by which I mean that I enjoy hearing about people. The things in life that seem small, but have a huge impact.

NWS is okay, nothing biological. Keep the NWS stuff inside the envelope, please.

Todd
5 Spruce Street
Columbus, Georgia 31904
USA

Edited for phone auto-correct.

Todd fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 12, 2013

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

panorama_change posted:

but know that the love inside will still be fresh.

Laughed so hard at this...

Rythe, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the candies! :woop: I'm still pretty smitten with this Lego valentine.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

^^^ Thanks!

Camera problems solved, time to share what I've gotten from these wonderful goons:

From Opera Bitch:

From Shoozy:

From DLAO:
(Last time I open a goon card in my car, I got properly confetti bombed :argh:)

From Lamb:

From Tremors:

From Kafka's Goldfish:

Closer look at this amazing thing of beauty:

Team Lunch:

:glomp:
Thanks again everyone, I have these 20 going out today. If I get one from someone and didn't have you in this batch I'll add you to my list for the next holiday.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Total embarassment of goon love in yesterday's mail. :blush: 6 cards! I was doing a happy dance and my cats were looking at me like I had lost my mind. I don't care. I am loving all the love. :love:

First up, Thermophonic Joy! Thank you for the card, stickers, and note (even if it was really for God Bless Johnny ;) )!

Marlowe, the maze is really cool. I don't know if I have the nerve to tackle it. And the card is so pretty.

Tremors, awww a homemade heart! So cute!

Dushkani, love the dachshund card and the handwritten note.

IM Jack, I laughed out loud at your prison valentine. Glad to know you've got my back!

And Niemat, love the Halloween valentine. You're right, they do both involve candy!

And finally, who needs a bouquet of flowers when you can have a bouquet of goony valentines? Not me. These will last longer than flowers too.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Yay! I got a fun package from Team Lunch and a beautiful handmade card from Genesplicer that I'm proudly displaying. You are both awesome.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

panorama_change posted:

From DLAO:
(Last time I open a goon card in my car, I got properly confetti bombed :argh:)

:smug: Then I have properly done my job and showered you with GOON LOVE !

Actually, I have always adored confetti and sparkles--- I used to hoard them as a kid. I still find joy from them as an adult, so I guess some things never change.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

DLAO posted:

:smug: Then I have properly done my job and showered you with GOON LOVE !

Actually, I have always adored confetti and sparkles--- I used to hoard them as a kid. I still find joy from them as an adult, so I guess some things never change.

I don't mind confetti, honestly, but if it were glitter...beyond :argh:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

panorama_change posted:

I don't mind confetti, honestly, but if it were glitter...beyond :argh:

Glitter... that's what I meant by sparkles... the finer, the better lol. I used to believe it was all fairy dust.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

DLAO posted:

Glitter... that's what I meant by sparkles... the finer, the better lol. I used to believe it was all fairy dust.

Best description of glitter I've heard was that's it's the herpes of craft supplies, and I stand by that. :colbert:

edit: thanks to Wings of Mine for the valentine, also :argh: to your confetti. It sticks to everything!!

panorama_change fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
I just took a ton of cards down to the post office! So, if you get a creepy serial stalker letter or a coloring book page stapled to macaroni art proclaiming undying love in the next day or two, there is a chance it is from me... and I mean everything from the bottom of my heart.

If you sent me a card a while back but didn't get anything from me yet, then I tried to get something nice out to you this round! Enjoy!