Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

went there found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_My_Little_Pony

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the edit history of this article constitutes the list of who will be first against the wall

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

best part:

quote:

Composer(s) DJ Derpy Hooves
RainbowCrash88
Ken McGill[2]

at what point in life are you not embarrassed to call yourself "dj derpy hooves"

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
whoever he is, i feel really bad for his parents

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

mcnealys baby posted:

best part:

at what point in life are you not embarrassed to call yourself "dj derpy hooves"

better than being ken mcgill

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

mcnealys baby posted:

idk, probably the same time you start watching tv shows for 10 year old girls

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion#How_to_nominate_a_single_page_for_deletion

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I usually wear pajama pants and a t shirt. FYI

same

Cold on a Cob posted:

The 2003–2010 version of the puzzle globe logo of Wikipedia, representing its multilingualism, contained a Klingon character. The updated logo removed the character and substituted one from the Ge'ez script.

lmao

everybrony was kung fu fighting

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Do talk pages count?

It is clear to me after reading some of the discussions on here about the constitutionality of Federal Reserve Notes that Wikipedia is biased and most likely run by politically correct bureaucratic big government officials. We the people, under our Constitution, define money as gold and silver. The government is no longer of the people, and so anything in the article supporting this fraud should be scrapped. It's not legal. The government is not above the citizenry, though they'd like to think they are.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
An article by economist D. W. MacKenzie published on the website of the Ludwig von Mises Institute used the movie to illustrate a critique of mainstream economics, arguing that "In economic terms the final reliving of the day constitutes what economists refer to as a perfectly competitive equilibrium based on perfect information. ... In the hypothetical world of Phil Connors in Groundhog Day all of the parameters of the 'game' he is playing are reset back to their original position every night while he sleeps. In the real world there are no constants."[37]

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ruhrfisch comments: Thanks for your work on this article - sounds like an interesting game, but I do not think the article is ready for GAN yet. Here are some suggestions for improvement.
A model article is useful for ideas and examples to follow. There are about 484 GA at Category:GA-Class video game articles, many of which seem like they would be good models for this article.
I think this meets the notability requirements, though since it is about a planned video game by a group of amateurs, it may be disputed by some. It might be worth reading WP:NOTCRYSTALBALL.
The fact that the game has not yet been released seems to be to disqulify this for GA (and it certainly would not meet FA requirements). Looking at WP:WIAGA, one of the GA requirements is that the article be broad in its coverage. Since the game has not been released yet, it is hard to see how this or any article on it could be broad in its coverage now. Many of the details of the article are missing at this point because the game is still unknown. There can be no real description of plot or gameplay or critical reaction / reception yet.
Another concern I have is the sources - GA articles have to use reliable sources - these should be third-party, and independent of the subject as much as possible. Blogs are not generally seen a RS.
I also note that there are 15 sources, 3 of which seem to be either the game developers (mane6) or a blog of questionable RS value (Equestria Gaming). There is a Russian source which I cannot evaluate but is on WordPress, so it seems to be a blog too. And then 11 more clearly relaible sources. Of these 11, four (refs 12, 13, 14, and 15, do not mention this game at all. That leaves seven refs that do, which is OK for meeting WP:NN, but not for GAN
Be careful that the article uses refs properly. For example the article says Though an unlicensed work from Hasbro, the holders of the My Little Pony franchise intellectual property, the Mane 6 team has not received any cease and desist notices from the company to date.[11] but the CBC article only says Voice casting for the ponies is already underway and most surprisingly the toymaker Hasbro hasn't sued them to smithereens. Since a cease and desist order is not the same as being sued, this seems like an iffy use of the ref.
Watch out for vague time phrases - in the preceding quote "to date" could be replaced with "as of October 2011" (the date of the CBC story).
Is there any sort of timeline known for a possible release date?
I wonder if a WP:FAIRUSE image could be added - the sources I read talk about the artwork looking professional.
Not sure about including the names of the creators in the infobox - I would be more comfortable with this if the sources used for the names were more reliable.
Please make sure that the existing text includes no copyright violations, plagiarism, or close paraphrasing. For more information on this please see Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2009-04-13/Dispatches. (This is a general warning given in all peer reviews, in view of previous problems that have risen over copyvios.)
Hope this helps. If my comments are useful, please consider peer reviewing an article, especially one at Wikipedia:Peer review/backlog (which is how I found this article). I do not watch peer reviews, so if you have questions or comments, please contact me on my talk page. Yours, Ruhrfisch ><>°° 19:22, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

jesus.
i mean you could make $6 at mcdonalds, or you could write that
i'd flip burgers

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dj derpy hooves

regularizer
Mar 5, 2012

link in op is broken, petition to lock thread

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pony+dubstep

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Synopsis

The first verse begins, "I like big butts and I cannot lie", and most of the song is about being attracted to large buttocks. The second and third verse challenge mainstream norms of beauty: "I ain't talkin' bout Playboy. Cuz silicone parts are made for toys" and "So Cosmo says you're fat / Well I ain't down with that!". Sir Mix-a-Lot commented in a 1992 interview: "The song doesn't just say I like large butts, you know? The song is talking about women who drat near kill themselves to try to look like these beanpole models that you see in Vogue magazine." He explains that most women respond positively to the song's message, especially black women: "They all say, 'About time.'"[3]

Also brought to the forefront of pop culture by this song is a generally accepted white standard of beauty — a skinny body lacking in voluptuous curves. In the prelude that opens the song there is a conversation between two (presumably) thin, white valley girls, where one girl remarks to her friend, "Oh, my God, Becky, look at her butt! It is so big [...] She's just so ... black!", to which Sir Mix-a-Lot, representing the African-American subculture's view, says: "You other brothers can't deny" and "Take the average black man and ask him...".[4] However, Sir Mix-a-Lot follows this in a later verse with "Even white boys got to shout," indicating that it is not only African-American men who are attracted to curvy women.

Dialogue of Eurasian actress Papillon Soo Soo saying "Me so horny" is sampled from Full Metal Jacket to complete Sir Mix-a-Lot's lyric, "that butt of yours makes..." It is one of two popular rap songs of the era (along with 2 Live Crew's "Me So Horny") in which her dialogue from the film is featured.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

Synopsis

The first verse begins, "I like big butts and I cannot lie", and most of the song is about being attracted to large buttocks. The second and third verse challenge mainstream norms of beauty: "I ain't talkin' bout Playboy. Cuz silicone parts are made for toys" and "So Cosmo says you're fat / Well I ain't down with that!". Sir Mix-a-Lot commented in a 1992 interview: "The song doesn't just say I like large butts, you know? The song is talking about women who drat near kill themselves to try to look like these beanpole models that you see in Vogue magazine." He explains that most women respond positively to the song's message, especially black women: "They all say, 'About time.'"[3]

Also brought to the forefront of pop culture by this song is a generally accepted white standard of beauty — a skinny body lacking in voluptuous curves. In the prelude that opens the song there is a conversation between two (presumably) thin, white valley girls, where one girl remarks to her friend, "Oh, my God, Becky, look at her butt! It is so big [...] She's just so ... black!", to which Sir Mix-a-Lot, representing the African-American subculture's view, says: "You other brothers can't deny" and "Take the average black man and ask him...".[4] However, Sir Mix-a-Lot follows this in a later verse with "Even white boys got to shout," indicating that it is not only African-American men who are attracted to curvy women.

Dialogue of Eurasian actress Papillon Soo Soo saying "Me so horny" is sampled from Full Metal Jacket to complete Sir Mix-a-Lot's lyric, "that butt of yours makes..." It is one of two popular rap songs of the era (along with 2 Live Crew's "Me So Horny") in which her dialogue from the film is featured.

the title says "worthless"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

the title says "worthless"

i was able to come to those conclusions when i was about 11

but it's nice that it's there for posteriority

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

posteriority

:golfclap:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The title of the song, Baby Got Back, can itself be deconstructed to reveal a significant amount of cultural information. The use of the past-participle of "to get", indicative of African-American Vernacular English, implies a decoupling between the subject ("Baby") and object (her "back"). This disconnect raises the possibility that it is not Baby's back that had been got; rather, Anthony Ray is suggesting that Baby is in possession of the platonic ideal of back.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
post post post the most worthless thing you can find on tvtropes

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

ITT: We are at a teen sleepover!: Total posts: [41,129] 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1646

and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/WeAreAtATeenSleepover

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lawyers

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hopefully this is a sign the fist of god is about to come down on the ponytard community

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

that loving combo vid

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Hasbro is our enemy. They do nothing but evil towards us, their benefactors. We create far superior content to them. We must do anything within our power to remove them of their unnatural position of power over us. Many among us, including me and my people, are beyond sick of this.

How can we effect change?

One plan: Bankrupt Hasbro. Spread smear campaigns against them, get into their system as employees and do as much as we can to disrupt their stranglehold on us. Make Hasbro afraid of us. Find a way to turn 4chan against them.

Another plan: Start a new country. This is a dream of mine. We, as bronies and other excellent individuals who share our righteous views, start a country free of copyright abuse. One where copyrights can only be held by individuals for 10 years, and by corporations for 1. No exceptions. It will not be infringement for an individual who does not have the power of a corporation to use a corporation's content. Any corporation found trying to bully smaller parties in the manner Hasbro is so accustomed to will be fined half of their net worth every infraction. Anyone who is part of a glorious pony content-creating team such as that of Fighting is Magic will be paid by the government to do their work. Clop will be on billboards, research into robotic pony AIs will be effected, and the national anthem will be a collage of all great pony songs. Any previous members of the staff of the show (NOT Hasbro) will be welcome to come to our great country to continue their work. Direct employees of Hasbro or their legal team will be persona non grata. Anyone involved with Hasbro's wanton abuse of its previous beneficiaries, us generous and extraordinary bronies, if found in our borders will be in prison for at least 5 years before being sent back to their home country with a robotic tail attached to them. Our space program will etch Luna's visage into the moon.

If anyone knows any good ways we can get back at Hasbro that would be lovely.

[...]

Should we have sent a letter politely to Japan to ask them to please stop bombing our territory? How in the world would that work? They clearly see us as their enemy and they want us gone. The only solution is the eradication of Hasbro's power over us. Whether by elimination or restriction of copyright laws, their bankruptcy from us convincing the world not to buy anything related to them, whatever means necessary. Negotiating with terrorists does not work.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

cool a black hole of self awareness

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My cousins wife works for hasbro and i guess semi managed the mlp brand and maybe still does

I should ask her how she feels about this

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Hasbro is our enemy. They do nothing but evil towards us, their benefactors. We create far superior content to them. We must do anything within our power to remove them of their unnatural position of power over us. Many among us, including me and my people, are beyond sick of this.

Didn't say 'kill ourselves', lost all interest.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

One plan: Bankrupt Hasbro. Spread smear campaigns against them, get into their system as employees and do as much as we can to disrupt their stranglehold on us. Make Hasbro afraid of us. Find a way to turn 4chan against them.

Another plan: Start a new country. This is a dream of mine. We, as bronies and other excellent individuals who share our righteous views, start a country free of copyright abuse. One where copyrights can only be held by individuals for 10 years, and by corporations for 1. No exceptions. It will not be infringement for an individual who does not have the power of a corporation to use a corporation's content. Any corporation found trying to bully smaller parties in the manner Hasbro is so accustomed to will be fined half of their net worth every infraction. Anyone who is part of a glorious pony content-creating team such as that of Fighting is Magic will be paid by the government to do their work. Clop will be on billboards, research into robotic pony AIs will be effected, and the national anthem will be a collage of all great pony songs. Any previous members of the staff of the show (NOT Hasbro) will be welcome to come to our great country to continue their work. Direct employees of Hasbro or their legal team will be persona non grata. Anyone involved with Hasbro's wanton abuse of its previous beneficiaries, us generous and extraordinary bronies, if found in our borders will be in prison for at least 5 years before being sent back to their home country with a robotic tail attached to them. Our space program will etch Luna's visage into the moon.

If anyone knows any good ways we can get back at Hasbro that would be lovely.

[...]

Should we have sent a letter politely to Japan to ask them to please stop bombing our territory? How in the world would that work? They clearly see us as their enemy and they want us gone. The only solution is the eradication of Hasbro's power over us. Whether by elimination or restriction of copyright laws, their bankruptcy from us convincing the world not to buy anything related to them, whatever means necessary. Negotiating with terrorists does not work.

he wants to destroy hasbro because they sent a C&D to a fanfic site? that's what i'm guessing

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nomnom Cookie posted:

he wants to destroy hasbro because they sent a C&D to a fanfic site? that's what i'm guessing

hasbro sent c&d to a site that was going to sell a pony fighting game based on and using the main characters explicitly

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

My cousins wife works for hasbro

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well good, now i know what to do the next time i see one of those

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

bend over and kiss your rear end goodbye

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sagebrush posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

once again, I cannot distinguish sincerity from parody

particularly the bit where they suggest putting beastiality-porn on billboards is setting off both 'parody' and 'horrifying sincerity' detectors simultaneously

basically

TOOT BOOT posted:

cool a black hole of self awareness

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

PleasingFungus posted:

particularly the bit where they suggest putting beastiality-porn on billboards is setting off both 'parody' and 'horrifying sincerity' detectors simultaneously

basically

you know the term for that

i guess i do now too, gently caress

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Like the informal font Comic Sans, Waltograph gets rave reviews from many, but not all audiences.[3] [4]

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

its spelled bestiality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Nomnom Cookie posted:

its spelled bestiality

more like worstiality