Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I think it's pretty obvious that the fantastic party is gonna be crashed by their gracious headmaster. They aren't aware of his predilection for showing up wherever, whenever the hell he wants.

Either that or it'll become.....a midnight murder mystery dinner theater! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fedule posted:

By the way, did you spot the tiny art gaffe in this update?

16 lots when there's only 15 of them in the restaurant?

(this is so absurdly minor but I couldn't find anything else)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

CandyCrazy posted:

Is it the fact that Nagito's holding 16 sticks, despite Kuzuryuu not being there? Other than that, I've got nothing.

You win the prize! The prize may or may not be tangible, but you won it all the same.

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just have a sprite for Nagito holding out the chopsticks. Since they went to the effort of drawing that picture anyway...

i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...
I think Togami is doing this to avoid murder, little does he know that it's the perfect opportunity for murder. Or maybe he's planning something else entirely.

The only person I'm worried about is Mr. SHSL Gangster. Some poo poo is going to go down with him.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
Nagito's setting off some serious alarms for me: he was the first to support Togami's party idea, he was the one who suggested the lodge, he prepared those lots in advance (and held them himself, so he could presumably have rigged the draw to give himself cleaning duty). I'm not sure what he's plotting, but I'm convinced he's plotting something.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
Kuzuryuu is missing, only Peko claims to have seen him on her way in, and she decides she's going to be the one to see him afterward. That's not suspicious in the least. I don't know what her motive would be, but then, that's what the trial's for.

Now just watch, next update Kuzuryuu will turn up alive, and really was just off being Too Cool For School.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm tempted to pick Kuzuryuu, but I'm worried that we may get a situation like in DR1 where the character isn't available for free time being they're off being loners. No point wasting a vote on someone who we may not even be able to talk with.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

Fedule posted:

You win the prize! The prize may or may not be tangible, but you won it all the same.

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just have a sprite for Nagito holding out the chopsticks. Since they went to the effort of drawing that picture anyway...

What about Monomi? Or did she leave after her last line about crying?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, I wonder how Nagito did that stick thing without Kuzuuryu being there? Did he remove a stick before the drawing? Or is that going to be an important thing later on?
Probably just removed one stick from the equation. How would he know that Kuzuuryu wouldn't show up to breakfast?

What's way more interesting is that he made the lots because he figured there wouldn't be a volunteer to clean up a house he supposedly didn't know they were going to use for a party he supposedly didn't know was going to happen. Unless, of course, the story's implying Nagito figured there would be a situation of any kind sometime in the future where they'd have no willing volunteers.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

evilspacehopper posted:

What about Monomi? Or did she leave after her last line about crying?

She left. I usually show this by inserting a screenshot with just a background where Monobear or Monomi were when they leave a scene (in the game, they slide down the screen with a "swish" sound effect). Also, the fact the music changed back from her theme is also a good hint.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rith posted:

Nagito's setting off some serious alarms for me: he was the first to support Togami's party idea, he was the one who suggested the lodge, he prepared those lots in advance (and held them himself, so he could presumably have rigged the draw to give himself cleaning duty). I'm not sure what he's plotting, but I'm convinced he's plotting something.

It'd be pretty interesting if Nagito was the one plotting murder, but wouldn't he have to be working with Togami if he was setting something up? Togami hasn't been big on talking when he doesn't have a big audience, so I don't think he would have just mentioned it in passing. Also, why would Nagito plot a murder in a place he's never been in? They weren't allowed in until just now.

I think whatever's going to go down, it will have to be spontaneous. That would make it an easier intro case, too, since this is still a game after all.

RiffRaff1138 posted:

Kuzuryuu is missing, only Peko claims to have seen him on her way in, and she decides she's going to be the one to see him afterward. That's not suspicious in the least. I don't know what her motive would be, but then, that's what the trial's for.

Well, she did say this when Kuzuryuu was acting hostile:

orenronen posted:

For the time being, let's calm him down. Should the worst case come to pass, I shall...

...I really hope it doesn’t come to that.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 10, 2013

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Voted for Togami, because we need to hang out with him as long as we can before he eventually dies :((if someone told me I would write something like this back in DR1 I would call then crazy)! And voted for Nidai because Nidai is awesome and since we have already hang out with Gundam we should hang out with another crazy guy.
I would have voted for Nagito but I bet he is not avaiable because he is working on that logde, probably the same thing with Teruteru who is working on the food for the party.

Rith posted:

I have no idea if Nagito is planning something but I feel like Togami is doing this because he feels that if he doesn't do anything someone will try to kill. I guess having all the students in the same room knowing each other stops that from happening.
But in regards to what you said I feel it really isn't smart for Togami to let another person prepare the place where they are going to party when he wants to stop any murder to happen.

IceBorg fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 10, 2013

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.

Rith posted:

Nagito and Togami could also be working together. If they planned in advanced, that could explain why Nagito had the lots prepared.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Fedule posted:

Doesn't that mean that there were two chopsticks left and he purposefully kept the "losing" one? Not suspicious at all, Nagito.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

DapperDinosaur posted:

Nagito and Togami could also be working together. If they planned in advanced, that could explain why Nagito had the lots prepared.

This would make total sense if they were actually working together for benign reasons. They'd have no reason to work together for murder, and I don't think Togami would set up the party in order to kill someone; it'd immediately draw suspicion toward him. I also doubt he'd let Nagito in on it ahead of time if he was acting suspicious, for that matter.

It's possible that this will all come into play later, but it could just as easily be for the sake of pacing.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Black Feather posted:

Doesn't that mean that there were two chopsticks left and he purposefully kept the "losing" one? Not suspicious at all, Nagito.

No because any of the other 14 that other people picked could've been the losing one.

IceBorg posted:

Voted for Togami, because we need to hang out with him as long as we can before he eventually dies :(

You know you can actually apply that logic to the other 14 students Hinata can hang with.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Rith posted:

It's possible he's colluding with Togami, and he knew about the heir's plans ahead of time. After all, one (or both) of them is likely to be the traitor that Monobear mentioned, so they might be plotting something to evade discovery.

That, or Monobear has his own mole within the group, to get the murder train rolling like last time. It'd be an interesting twist if Monobear knew exactly who Togami was, and was blackmailing him into being a mole (like he did with Sakura in the first game).

(For the record, I'll be voting for Chiaki and Sonia this time, even though we don't need to announce our votes due to the poll.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DapperDinosaur posted:

...I just thought about it, but I remembered there was talk earlier about how Nagito's name was an anagram of "I'm Naegi", but if we only use Nagito...

Togani. :tinfoil:
No, that's dumb.

orenronen posted:

This will be the first time I busy myself with hands-on activities such as cleaning! This is hella exciting!

This is hella great, though.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
I'm surprised that Nekomaru didn't motivate everyone to help clean the lodge. That "What's that? We have no volunteers?" sounded... menacing.

It fascinates me how likable can character be depending on the context. Fukuyama Jun, who voices Hanamura, also voices Aoi Toori in Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, who is exactly the type Hanamura imagines himself to be. Except that, you know, he is also a leader worthy of everyone's respect and stuff.

Still voting for my last two choices, since we didn't get either of them.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Rith posted:

and held them himself, so he could presumably have rigged the draw to give himself cleaning duty

With SHSL Good Luck, he obviously doesn't need to rig anything!

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I voted the classic choice of "TICKY BOX," also known as "all of the options." It appeared to be fine with this. I don't suppose there's some kind of "only x boxes per vote" setting?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

orenronen posted:

Looks like Saionji’s gone to have a Super High-school Level Sulk...

Was this in the original dialog or did one of you toss it in? :allears: I totally couldn't imagine Naegi making SHSL puns, but Hinata seems to have enough of a sense of humor for them.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
There is so much scheming going on here I have no idea what's happening anymore. I think at least 3-4 characters plan on murdering someone at this party.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

orenronen posted:

This will be the first time I busy myself with hands-on activities such as cleaning! This is hella exciting!

I know you said you wanted to cut down on translation talk, but I'm curious what the original JP was for this - is it another case of Sonia using slang in a weird/unexpected way?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

slowbeef posted:

You know you can actually apply that logic to the other 14 students Hinata can hang with.
Well yeah sure but they aren't a walking death flag, unlike Togami who has been one since the beginning of the game and got worse over time.

On a similar note, yeah I feel the first murder will happen in this party. I don't think the game will pull a "yay we are all having fun! Friendship!" party and then don't invite the despair.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man, when Hanamura gets killed it's going to be hard singling out who did it: who wouldn't want to eventually?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

orenronen posted:

‘Eatings!
...What?

We’re having a breakfast meeting, so we’ll be greeting and eating, right?
So Ibuki’s gonna save time by turning “eating” into a greeting so we can greet while we eat! Isn’t that neat!?

This is gonna catch on, big time! Ibuki's gonna make sure it does! It’s gonna be sweet!

‘Eatings, one and all!
Ibuki’s off, to teach it to the world! Til’ next we meet!

quote:

Gyaa?! Someone finally died?!

Ibuki's really growing on me.

I don't know what the original was like, but that was well done.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Einander posted:

I voted the classic choice of "TICKY BOX," also known as "all of the options." It appeared to be fine with this. I don't suppose there's some kind of "only x boxes per vote" setting?

This isn't really a problem. If you vote for multiple people, you're basically spreading your influence thinner. If you vote for everyone, it's basically a null vote.

Now, what'd be really neat is if we could get a Proportional Representation/Single Transferable Vote system going on one of these, where you can vote for as many or as few people as you like in your order of preference that takes everything into account and minimizes wasted votes.

Seriously, do you know how hard it is to run anything other than very basic elections properly?

Podima posted:

I know you said you wanted to cut down on translation talk, but I'm curious what the original JP was for this - is it another case of Sonia using slang in a weird/unexpected way?

Translation talk is fine. Endless translation arguments aren't. I don't know what the original line was, but "hella" was in the first draft when I got there and I didn't change it.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Was this in the original dialog or did one of you toss it in? :allears: I totally couldn't imagine Naegi making SHSL puns, but Hinata seems to have enough of a sense of humor for them.

This one, on the other hand, was totally all me. :smug:

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
Almost forgot to mention this:

orenronen posted:

When I got to the restaurant, there were already several people there.

But... no one said a word.
What's up with the awkward silence here? It's like Hinata interrupted something really important that's totally going to matter in the incoming murder. I'll keep my stupid theories to myself for now, but I'd keep an eye on these three.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

orenronen posted:

'Morning, Nanami.

'Morning.
...Why such a long pause?

I was in the middle of scoring a huge chain. It wasn't a good time to answer.

Scoring...? What is she talking about?

For some reason, I feel like this scene might be important, since, going by the dialogue, Chiaki isn't actually playing anything.

Either that, or her status as a SHSL Gamer means she doesn't even need to play an actual physical game; she's just playing one in her mind, having memorized everything about it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

They'd have no reason to work together for murder, and I don't think Togami would set up the party in order to kill someone; it'd immediately draw suspicion toward him.

It could be a double bluff. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he killed someone then turned around and said 'SOMEBODY'S TRYING TO FRAME ME!' Given the circumstances, that would be an entirely reasonable, if risky, move.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Fedule posted:

Translation talk is fine. Endless translation arguments aren't. I don't know what the original line was, but "hella" was in the first draft when I got there and I didn't change it.

Not going to do super-detailed explanations anymore, but yeah - this was originally also inappropriate slang Sonia picked up from who knows where. I'm kinda proud of 'hella'.

Fedule posted:

This one, on the other hand, was totally all me. :smug:

To give the game (and Hinata) some credit, there was a SHSL joke in the original as well, but it was more along the lines of "She sure has a SHSL rotten personality, doesn't she."

EDIT:

Son Conan posted:

For some reason, I feel like this scene might be important, since, going by the dialogue, Chiaki isn't actually playing anything.

Either that, or her status as a SHSL Gamer means she doesn't even need to play an actual physical game; she's just playing one in her mind, having memorized everything about it.

I'm pretty sure she's meant to be playing the video game machine that's at the lobby. The game isn't going to come up with a unique sprite to show that, but she's standing right next to it, as always.

orenronen fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 10, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Son Conan posted:

She was playing a game the first time we saw her and it was the same. She simply does not have a sprite for her playing a game.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

IceBorg posted:

I don't think the game will pull a "yay we are all having fun! Friendship!" party and then don't invite the despair.

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 10, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Why are you so good at drawing.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

SingerOfW posted:

What's up with the awkward silence here? It's like Hinata interrupted something really important that's totally going to matter in the incoming murder. I'll keep my stupid theories to myself for now, but I'd keep an eye on these three.
Yeah, I get the feeling that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes in this game. In the last game, it didn't seem like there was a lot of collusion/plotting going on until someone wanted out, and was willing to kill for it. In this game, Not-Naegi and Togami both come off as suspicious. However, I don't think they're planning to murder anyone. They've got other things they're worrying about. As for the 3 mentioned by Singer, I have no idea what happened before we got there, but I'm blaming the Cook for it.

orenronen posted:

Not going to do super-detailed explanations anymore, but yeah - this was originally also inappropriate slang Sonia picked up from who knows where. I'm kinda proud of 'hella'.
You should be, I hella loved the line.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

"Frienship" :engleft: You're quick!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

drat it, Game, you know Despair always drinks too much and trashes the place.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Twiddy posted:

You should be, I hella loved the line.

Sweet Teru and Hella Sonia. :allears:

May I say the off-thread poll idea was a really good one? Free Time event voting was cluttering the thread like all hell, so shoutouts to whoever thought of it - be it oren or someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gado
Jul 29, 2010

SingerOfW posted:

Almost forgot to mention this:

It seemed to me like everyone was especially unnerved after Monobear's latest speech. The nurse mentioned no one was returning her greetings, didn't she? I think it's just an awkward, tense, enviroment where no one is talking to each other because of the implications that any one of them could turn to murder to get off the island. That's how I saw it, anyway.

• Locked thread