Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Laser Spider posted:

Pyoro and Pyoro 2. It was one of the earliest pieces of DSiWare when it was re-released as Bird & Beans.

I know Nintendo also released that game where you controlled a paper airplane falling down a tower as a standalone DSiWare game, but I can't remember what they named it.

Paper Airplane chase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Laser Spider posted:

Pyoro and Pyoro 2. It was one of the earliest pieces of DSiWare when it was re-released as Bird & Beans.

I know Nintendo also released that game where you controlled a paper airplane falling down a tower as a standalone DSiWare game, but I can't remember what they named it.

I think it was just Paper plane.
Edit: no, above me was right.

Anyway, downloaded the EO4 demo yesterday, holy poo poo this game has some killer loving music.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Karthe posted:

Was that 3DS game case a month or two back just a fluke? I'd like to pick up another one but it's not even listed under Currently Unavailable.

Nah, they seem to have it available once or twice a year. I would imagine we'll see it show up again (like the golden nunchuk) before the end of the year hopefully.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
What's the point of the Mii characters on 3DS? I created a character but I've yet to see where it's been utilized in game?

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

lol internet. posted:

What's the point of the Mii characters on 3DS? I created a character but I've yet to see where it's been utilized in game?

Apart from all the Mii Plaza shenanigans, I've seen Miis used in Brain Age for player profiles. It really comes down to how the developers decide they want to use Miis in their games, if at all.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Badingading posted:

Apart from all the Mii Plaza shenanigans, I've seen Miis used in Brain Age for player profiles. It really comes down to how the developers decide they want to use Miis in their games, if at all.

And they also appear in Mario Kart 7 as part of either playing the Mii racer, or spot pass racers when the Mii is being used by the computer.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago
Is anyone in the US interested in a free Hori screen protector for the regular 3DS? Not paying attention I accidentally bought it instead of the XL, and Amazon told me to just keep it instead of sending it back, but it's no use to me.

And it's gone!

Tonde Mo Nai fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 11, 2013

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Rirse posted:

And they also appear in Mario Kart 7 as part of either playing the Mii racer, or spot pass racers when the Mii is being used by the computer.

They're also used in Mario Tennis.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Is anyone in the US interested in a free Hori screen protector for the regular 3DS? Not paying attention I accidentally bought it instead of the XL, and Amazon told me to just keep it instead of sending it back, but it's no use to me.

And it's gone!

Thank you for a second chance at not screwing up the placement of a protector screen!

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
I never really thought about claiming coins from eShop titles...I've bought a whole bunch.
Is it too late to claim coins on stuff I've bought previously?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Anyone have recommendations for a case/shell/whatever for the 3DS XL, other than that leather purse looking one in the3 third post? Seems like there's a few on Amazon but I'll be damned if I'm trusting Amazon product reviews. Just weighing my options.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Pegnose Pete posted:

I never really thought about claiming coins from eShop titles...I've bought a whole bunch.
If this Kirby's Dream Collection product registration notice that I accidentally activated months back is any indicator, the post-play surveys will probably stick around for-loving-ever :argh:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Pegnose Pete posted:

I sent a support email regarding the stuff I bought from the eShop before signing up for Club Nintendo and after a short delay for them to look into it, they pretty immediately gave me all the surveys for stuff. So it's at least worth a shot.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It definitely seems like poo poo unlocks pretty fast in Brain Age - just by doing everything once for two days I have half the devilish stuff and a bit of everything else. Numbers and words are the poo poo. Someone should make a thread so we can laugh at each other's progress when the game tells us we're all 20 years older than we actually are.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Countblanc posted:

It definitely seems like poo poo unlocks pretty fast in Brain Age - just by doing everything once for two days I have half the devilish stuff and a bit of everything else. Numbers and words are the poo poo. Someone should make a thread so we can laugh at each other's progress when the game tells us we're all 20 years older than we actually are.

I'm...

35 years older than I am. :negative: A thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Typhus733 posted:

If you haven't already you should get a one week post play survey for FE:A worth 10 points.

Actually, I bought the bundle for FE: A, but I don't think I can register it, or I haven't found the code. Is there one?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

The Iron Rose posted:

Actually, I bought the bundle for FE: A, but I don't think I can register it, or I haven't found the code. Is there one?

I'm unfamiliar with the bundle, is a digital preloaded onto the system? I'd imagine you have to link your Club Nintendo account with the eShop and register the system.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm unfamiliar with the bundle, is a digital preloaded onto the system? I'd imagine you have to link your Club Nintendo account with the eShop and register the system.

I did that, and yeah, it was preloaded. It gave me 130 points, which seems to be the value for the system itself, nor have I gotten the survey.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Laser Spider posted:

You know that it was available on the eShop, right? I mean, if you have Amazon gift cards then I can understand buying it from there, but if you were otherwise fine with the digital version then there's no need to deal with the middleman.

My money was in Amazon trade in credit, so I couldn't get the eshop version even though I really want to.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

I got the Mario 3d Land bundle and the same thing happened to me. Nintendo told me that they don't give out coins for the game that comes preinstalled with the package.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

Vince Videogames posted:

I got the Mario 3d Land bundle and the same thing happened to me. Nintendo told me that they don't give out coins for the game that comes preinstalled with the package.

That's fucktarded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
cross post from the Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed thread:

The game has been delayed again and is now showing a 3/29/13 release date on the shop.

E: also, there is breaking Pokemon news. New silhouette and supposedly mewtwo is the movie co star.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 12, 2013

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

nene. posted:

That's fucktarded.

Nintendo Customer Support Email posted:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. While the Nintendo 3DS can be registered in your Club Nintendo account, the software that was pre-loaded as part of that bundle cannot be registered and is not eligible for surveys or Coins.

I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, but I will be sure to document your comments and make them available to other departments here at Nintendo to use as they see fit.

Yeah, but maybe someday they'll realize that is the only thing they're doing that's really dumb and fix it!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Vince Videogames posted:

Yeah, but maybe someday they'll realize that is the only thing they're doing that's really dumb and fix it!

I'm pretty sure Club Nintendo is intended to reward purchases, I wouldn't expect free stuff to count towards my point total.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sarchasm posted:

I'm pretty sure Club Nintendo is intended to reward purchases, I wouldn't expect free stuff to count towards my point total.

You pay more for the bundle, you are purchasing the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Speaking of Club Nintendo, I went on to register my new 3DS XL about two weeks ago and it didn't award me any points. It's listed as a registered thing, but no coins got added. I decided to give it a few days (and promptly forgot about it until just now), and still nothing. Should I get ahold of Nintendo, or do systems just take forever?

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Got my 3DS XL two weeks ago and registered, got the coins immediately after. Maybe try and contact them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think you have to log into your Club Nintendo account on your 3DS too.

https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Mine was instantly with the PIN card that came with the 3DS (non-XL)

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Edoraz posted:

I'm...

35 years older than I am. :negative: A thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

I downloaded the Devilish Training demo (have and enjoyed the original Brain Age, dropped my daily training years ago) and was estimated to be in my 30's-50's. I'm 19. 1-Back is easy peasy. 2-Back...kinda tough. 3-Back oh my god what how do I SHOOT I GOT TWO CORRECT

My girlfriend laughed at my results, said she could do better. My sole triumph is that she messed up on 2-Back, got dropped back down to 1-Back, and scraped out of it with an estimation of being in her 60's. :smug: I don't know if I want to drop the money on Devilish Training just yet, but I'm leaning towards it...if nothing else it would be nice to have someone close to compare my results with.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
e: Never mind

aton
Jul 23, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Speaking of Club Nintendo, I went on to register my new 3DS XL about two weeks ago and it didn't award me any points. It's listed as a registered thing, but no coins got added. I decided to give it a few days (and promptly forgot about it until just now), and still nothing. Should I get ahold of Nintendo, or do systems just take forever?

Email support. The same thing happened to me, and every time I contacted them by phone they always said they were registering a claim and that I would get a call back but never did. After about a month of that crap, they sent me an email saying that since it had been over a month since I registered, the XL was no longer eligible for the survey. Needless to say, I outlined all the bullshit I went through in an email, and was promptly given the survey to get my points.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I just got a 3DS XL and decided to pop in my 32GB SanDisk Ultra SDHC/SXHC card. Everything seemed jazzy at first, but then the 3DS started complaining that the card was being ejected when it wasn't.

Is there anything I can try, other than simply using another card?

Edit: It's a micro SD card in an adapter, FWIW.

NyetscapeNavigator fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 12, 2013

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Make sure it's formatted to FAT32 and make sure when you are inserting cards to listen to any click noises.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

I just got a 3DS XL and decided to pop in my 32GB SanDisk Ultra SDHC/SXHC card. Everything seemed jazzy at first, but then the 3DS started complaining that the card was being ejected when it wasn't.

Is there anything I can try, other than simply using another card?

Edit: It's a micro SD card in an adapter, FWIW.

Exact same thing happened to me. Tried 3 different Sandisk branded micro SD adapters to no avail. For some reason it just doesn't work. I'm just going to get a regular 32G SD card.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Quidnose posted:

You pay more for the bundle, you are purchasing the game.

Why the hell would you pay more for a bundle? Just buy them individually, then you'll get your code and apparently pay less (?)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Chronojam posted:

Why the hell would you pay more for a bundle? Just buy them individually, then you'll get your code and apparently pay less (?)

I think he meant the bundle cost more than a 3DS alone with no bundled software, not that the bundle cost more than a 3DS and game purchased separately.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Holy poo poo the XL is so goddamn nice. I feel like a loving chump for sticking around with the normal unit for so long.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Oh man the EO4 demo is freaking awesome. Now I have to wait until the end of the month for it nooooooo. At least I will be able to sink a ton of time into the demo until then and transfer my save over!

Or did we decide that wasn't possible with the physical cart? I like physical carts. :(

I feel like this is going to make me never want to buy EO1-3 though because of how pretty the game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I feel like this is going to make me never want to buy EO1-3 though because of how pretty the game is.

Pretty much every Etrian Odyssey game does that for the ones before it, actually. That's the reason I'm still barely halfway through EO2. :corsair:

• Locked thread