Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

how has this not been milkied yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

gooby on rails posted:

do enlighten me then

he's just a kneejerking idiot acting all flustered because you called a pk dick book not sci fi

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
For 3 human days, Johnny had been on the scary side of the moon, where the danger-aliens were known to roam. He opened his space-backpack to do an inventory:

One sleep-blanket
A flask-holder of liquid water
Four holder-containers of nutrition-food.

Through his vision-glasses, Johnny saw a colony of danger-aliens and feared they might catch the scent of his nutrition-food.

The danger aliens were out on patrol-patrol, hunting for nutrition-food. Johnny thought with his mind-brain, "I must bury the nutrition-food. I MUST bury the nutrition-food.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

For 3 human days, Johnny had been on the scary side of the moon, where the danger-aliens were known to roam. He opened his space-backpack to do an inventory:

One sleep-blanket

Through his vision-glasses, Johnny saw a colony of danger-aliens and feared they might catch the scent of his nutrition-food.

The danger aliens were out on patrol-patrol, hunting for nutrition-food. Johnny thought with his mind-brain, "I must bury the nutrition-food. I MUST bury the nutrition-food.
all right all right i'm not left-handed!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just watched the pilot to bsg blood and chrome and the director must have watched jj trek and been all "yes, if I add more shakycam and lens flares nobody will notice the low budget"

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
started watching TNG

at times its amazing this came out so long ago cause not even modern tv is as good but at times its like goddamnit this is so cheesy

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

nigga crab pollock posted:

started watching TNG

at times its amazing this came out so long ago cause not even modern tv is as good but at times its like goddamnit this is so cheesy

people will yell at me for this but don't hesitate to skip episodes. there are a whole lot of dumb bullshit drama episodes like "worf meets his lovely kid" that you will regret watching all the way through

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Amethyst posted:

people will yell at me for this but don't hesitate to skip episodes. there are a whole lot of dumb bullshit drama episodes like "worf meets his lovely kid" that you will regret watching all the way through

i was planning on this

ive seen a bunch on tv that are just garbage

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
i'm getting through the first season by having it as background noise while computering

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

deep square leg posted:

i'm getting through the first season by having it as background noise while computering

im yosposting and star treking

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
although troi titty nice im peepin tasha titty

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

I was trying to start watching tng again but I stopped after some episode about wesley and his relationship with that kid toucher alien

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i skipped the ep that started with a bunch of black dudes bein all wow ur security cheif is a woman u savages'

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

One sleep-blanket

johnny goodboy fiveaces

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Can-O-Raid posted:

how has this not been milkied yet

e: I got a cospop after posting this :3:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
It's beautiful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Amethyst posted:

skip any episode featuring lovely kids, skip any wesley episode

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Al! posted:

skip any episode featuring lovely kids, skip any wesley episode
basically skip the first season?

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

is cloud atlas any good? Also what is it?

E: ^^^ peep tasha yar, then move on

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Hell, I skipped most of TNG Season 1. Then again, the only DS9 episode I skipped was the stupid leprechaun from season 1, saw that and skipped immediately.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

basically skip the first season?

thats what i did this time around. mostly because i cant stand looking at frakes beardless face

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I think it was lovely Worf make-up, Jewish-Japanese Ferengi, Jungle Goddess episode, and Picard wondering why people were so afraid of death that made season 1 suck.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Also wondering this, people keep recommending it and I don't want to invest 3 1/2 hours in a horrible movie.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

http://t.co/hGogxyuL

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Hashtag Nascar posted:

i don't know if i'd call it "good" but it's certainly a spectacle worth witnessing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its funny how you can tell who on tng is a real actor or not. stewart burton dorn spiner real actors. frakes sirtis wheaton and mcfadden not real actors. most of the day players not real actors

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

i don't know if i'd call it "good" but it's certainly a spectacle worth witnessing

might have to stick it on while playing fifa or some poo poo then

Al! posted:

its funny how you can tell who on tng is a real actor or not. stewart burton dorn spiner real actors. frakes sirtis wheaton and mcfadden not real actors. most of the day players not real actors

its pretty hard to "act" when your character is space :quagmire:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Watch Cloud Atlas. It's not mindblowingly groundbreaking or anything but it's very well-made. You could probably take any one of the six stories and turn it into a full movie by itself and it would still be pretty good.

It's also really pretty. The cinematography is top-notch.

I'm about halfway through "Surface Detail" now. I really wanna see Lededje kill that Veppers rear end in a top hat, and I'll be really disappointed if she fails.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Al! posted:

they all got paid to act. therefore, they are all real actors.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

pro click

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

gooby on rails posted:

do enlighten me then

i thought about it and im not quite sure what sci fi is

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
hey guys i ran "the bitch make titties every morning out of paper towels" through translation party and got... well...

gently loving caress posted:

Every morning, paper towel your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun you cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum cum, jizz jizz jizz jizz, cum, cum Katie Katie swallows your cum-Kun, cum, cum, cum your cum-Kun your cum, cum, jizz your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun your cum-Kun you cum cum your cum cum bitch your cum Kun kanezaki student cum cum your cum-Kun your cum-Kun, Kun cum, your cum-Kun, your cum boobs semen cum.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it really is a hard book to classify. there's some SF and some alt history and some mysticism but none of these get positively identified as what's really going on and you can't just say IT USED THE WORD ALIEN THEREFORE SCIFI. or it's just people messing with him or he's just loving crazy. and it's not even really fiction as most of the experiences given to fat happened to PKD in real life and huge chunks of the book are portrayals of the spiritual beliefs he really held outside of the context of making stuff up for publication

whatever it is, I'm glad I read it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MancXVI posted:

am i doing this right

turrible

just turrible

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice