Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm not watching it so I was asking Lionel to describe it to me. There is no need to be so rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mister Chief posted:

I'm not watching it so I was asking Lionel to describe it to me. There is no need to be so rude.

Those English bastards are just rude as HECK today/every day

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Brilliant ball that.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Woakes at 7. That's at least 5 spots too high

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why does Broad still think he can bat?

EDIT: Brilliant choice to play him off with the Coronation Street theme.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 17, 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Nice catch.

edit: haha played Woakes off to "Boys don't Cry", the p.a crew are owning this game.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I let out an audible "Oh!" after seeing that.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
McGlenaghan and Guptill are nice things, and we can't have either of them :mad:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Looks like McCullum will have to open in the tests, like it or not. That is unless we do something ridiculous like Fulton & Rutherford (we will probably do this fyi).

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Kane Wuuyumsun looking good so far.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm writing this series off. Too many injuries.

EDIT: Just loving drop McCullum. What a fuckwit.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 17, 2013

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Great, now we get to watch ten overs of Franklin blocking it out straight to the field for five balls then grabbing a single on the sixth.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Settle down lads, we've still got this.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Well, maybe now we do

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Settle down lads, we've still got this.

Never underestimate our team's ability to gently caress up.

Edit: See?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 17, 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ugh should have sent in Mills rather than a crippled Guptill. Also, Ellis still sucks.

edit: ^ Look at how wrong I am ^

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 17, 2013

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

This is amazing.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Guppy you legend, I love it when poo poo like this happens with injured players coming back.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think that's the game. Surely, the Black Caps can't lose from here, right?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Haha Broad is such a petulant child, it wasn't even in the camera frame it was so high you tosser.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Stop loving up, loving McCullum!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Just loving drop McCullum. What a fuckwit.

nah

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

McCullum for PM.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Excellent England Moment of Failure there, enjoyable.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Eeeeeeeeenglaaaaaaaaand

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

I liked the constant shots of Cook looking flummoxed during those last few overs.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
I think Australia are pretty safe in the Ashes, actually

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The best thing is we get the thread to ourselves for a bit while the poo poo English posters pout and sulk.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
*cracks open 50 beers, tries to drink them all at once*

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
England losing to New Zealand, England Lions losing to Australia A last night, sweet. Long live Ashley Giles!

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Ashley Giles should be the coach of england forever because of this ball alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mESB4zb3Wg

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Smorgasbord posted:

The best thing is we get the thread to ourselves for a bit while the poo poo English posters pout and sulk.

Lionel and happyprince are both having nightmares right now I bet.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Hyperriker posted:

Ashley Giles should be the coach of england forever because of this ball alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mESB4zb3Wg

That was probably supposed to be a bouncer, tbh.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh look, the thread australasian mafia have come together and are making GBS threads up the thread again.

But they're not trolls you see. They're very good posters.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If it wasn't for this English, this thread would turn into a self-congratulatory nightmare in which Australians label flavour of the week players as some of the greatest that have ever played. It would be a world in which Mitchell Johnson and Marcus North receive plaudits. The English keep this thread in reality.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gorn Myson posted:

If it wasn't for this Antipodeans, this thread would turn into a self-congratulatory nightmare in which poms label flavour of the week players as some of the greatest that have ever played. It would be a world in which Fat Samit and Stuart Broad receive plaudits. The colonies keep this thread in reality.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

See, Gorn Myson, this is the kind of thing they actually believe.

They'd never admit it now of course, but they used to genuinely believe Mitchell Johnson was better than Dale Steyn.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Lionel RichTea posted:

They'd never admit it now of course, but they used to genuinely believe Mitchell Johnson was better than Dale Steyn.

gently caress

I'm out

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
I think the antipodean contingent kind of missed that the English in the thread have gone beyond not caring about ODIs to actively wanting to lose them (excellent start lads). If England have a winning record in ODIs when Flower gets fed up of coaching and decides he wants to actually get to see his family before they forget what he looks like, Giles will almost certainly be given the full coaching job.

This must not happen under any circumstances. Losing a few games to New Zealand, Bangladesh, Ireland etc is a small price to pay in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

When I found out the result this morning I cried a single English tear

Out my willy.

• Locked thread