Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Ok I hate to be a negative nancy here but if you want to give away an invite do it, horsetrading and holding contests and whatnot is just annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I agree, it's just kind of annoying on principle and there's also the fact that at this point nzb.su invites don't seem to be rare enough to justify making a deal out of giving them away.

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
So I just signed up for VIP for nzb.su. How do they allocate invites? Do I have to do something else to get some?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

dzarc posted:

So I just signed up for VIP for nzb.su. How do they allocate invites? Do I have to do something else to get some?

A few posts here have mentioned you get a few every Thursday / Friday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

diapermeat posted:

A few posts here have mentioned you get a few every Thursday / Friday.

Ah, neat. Didn't know that. I have 2. First 2 folks to PM me may have it *IF* you send me naked pictures of your mom.

[edit]

1 left. Please mention your email address in your PM.

[edit] Gone baby, Gone!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 15, 2013

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Yeah maybe just a separate invite thread would be best as actual discussion has dwindled in place of invite offerings.

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
Or a Google doc with a list of people who want invites, cross them off as we go

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

St. Blaize posted:

This is probably a good idea. It sucks having to constantly check this thread every time someone posts to see if its an invite, only to find out its gone already.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bEatmstrJ posted:

This is probably a good idea. It sucks having to constantly check this thread every time someone posts to see if its an invite, only to find out its gone already.
Agreed. Can we please do this?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Raffles posted:

Yeah maybe just a separate invite thread would be best as actual discussion has dwindled in place of invite offerings.

St. Blaize posted:

Seriously, it's nearly as bad having the thread full of invite donations as it would have been if the thread had been full of invite begging.
I liked it better when a new post meant new usenet or software news or a nice problem to troubleshoot. God help me, I like reading about that stuff.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The answer to all the invite begging is to create a sa forum wide subforum like PGS and you could just post your invite codes there. Earth to therms...

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Do not buy/sell/trade/beg for invites.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Is supernews having downtime? My login suddenly stopped working in my usenet client and I can't login on their website either.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Is there any way to have your complete and download dir the same and not have Sickbeard vomit all over itself? i.e. if a show is already in its show dir, don't try to move it there.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

DuckConference posted:

Is supernews having downtime? My login suddenly stopped working in my usenet client and I can't login on their website either.

I had this happen to me, your IP has probably been blocked for some obscure reason. Shoot them an email at support@supernews.com to get it sorted out.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I'm having a weird issue with SABnzbd where when I open the page, it'll constantly ask me to login. The page will still load, but I can't really do anything because it never stops making me login. Has anybody else had this problem?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm having a weird issue with SABnzbd where when I open the page, it'll constantly ask me to login. The page will still load, but I can't really do anything because it never stops making me login. Has anybody else had this problem?

I did when opening the sabnzbd page by pressing the sabconnect button, whereas just navigating to the URL manually worked fine. Removing username and password there and also disabling some checkbox making it authenticate fixed the problem on my end at least.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I was getting a neat error in SABnzbd a minute ago. Kept clicking a "Send to server" link on nzbs.org, getting an ordinary notification of nzb received in SABnzbd status, and error messages in SABnzbd that seemed like it was trying to fetch those ID's from somethingawful.com instead of nzbs.org. I thought I copied the error text, but I guess not.
A restart of Firefox fixed it, anyway.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hogburto posted:

I was getting a neat error in SABnzbd a minute ago. Kept clicking a "Send to server" link on nzbs.org, getting an ordinary notification of nzb received in SABnzbd status, and error messages in SABnzbd that seemed like it was trying to fetch those ID's from somethingawful.com instead of nzbs.org. I thought I copied the error text, but I guess not.
A restart of Firefox fixed it, anyway.

Yeah, that's my fault. Blame line 2188. I couldn't figure out how to get the hostname for the page it was specifically working on, so this dirty hack just assumes the currently selected tab is the indexer page being loaded. Basically loading a Newznab site in a background tab in Firefox will break the Send to SAB function.

I have an idea for a dumb but effective way to fix it now that you've brought this back to my attention, I'll reinstall Firefox and take a whack at it this weekend.

whsa
Apr 24, 2008
I find my downloads (of a particular series of linux isos) complete stupidly fast in sab but then fail.

Downloaded in 16 seconds at an average of 1 KB/s
876 articles were missing

Downloaded in 2 minutes 4 seconds at an average of 86 KB/s
1180 articles were missing

It doesn't happen with all of them.

I have a readnews and highwinds provider, both do the same.

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/faq#toc12 indicates the post is missing, but they are only a few days old. Does this mean there was a dcma request? Can i get around this? Perhaps a block account on another provider?

Also, nzb.su invite gone.

whsa fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 16, 2013

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

whsa posted:

Does this mean there was a dcma request? Can i get around this? Perhaps a block account on another provider?

Yes, most likely. Getting additional accounts with other providers is just about all you can do to attempt bypassing the problem.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Keito posted:

I did when opening the sabnzbd page by pressing the sabconnect button, whereas just navigating to the URL manually worked fine. Removing username and password there and also disabling some checkbox making it authenticate fixed the problem on my end at least.

Looks like SABconnect++ had wiped out my password. It works now.

Donserdal
Feb 17, 2013
For fellow Dutchmen, you could look at any of the following providers:

https://www.xsnews.nl
https://www.eweka.nl

Also is it allowed to post links to nzb search engines here? these allow the search on almost all binaries usenet groups.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

fivre posted:

Is there any way to have your complete and download dir the same and not have Sickbeard vomit all over itself? i.e. if a show is already in its show dir, don't try to move it there.

Using the post-process script (sabToSickBeard) instead of folder scanning should work. If the shows are already in their correct folder, you aren't using Sabnzbd's and Sickbeard sorting simultaneously are you?

(In Sabnzbd) Config > Sorting, uncheck Enable TV Sorting

Or use Sabznbd to sort and not Sickbeard, there's no reason why you should have both programs moving/renaming the same file.

Keito posted:

Yes, most likely. Getting additional accounts with other providers is just about all you can do to attempt bypassing the problem.

If the file was uploaded a couple days ago it's probably been DMCA'd and removed from all providers by now.

I have Astraweb/Blocknews/NewsgroupDirect/Tweaknews accounts setup. I reset my download stats recently so I'm not sure of exact figures, but most of my backup providers had been barely touched. Generally if a file is only slightly broken a backup account can fix it, but if there are several hundred missing parts the file has most likely been DMCA'd and removed from all providers and there's nothing you can do.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Donserdal posted:

For fellow Dutchmen, you could look at any of the following providers:

https://www.xsnews.nl
https://www.eweka.nl

Also is it allowed to post links to nzb search engines here? these allow the search on almost all binaries usenet groups.

xsnews are alright. Their retention is a bit low but they allow account sharing on their pay monthly accounts, not just block accounts that some others allow. Speaking of which, anyone know of USPs that allow block account sharing? Would be nice to have a complete list.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Sickbeard seems to be accepting NONE of my search providers, even the Sickbeard indexer. This tells me something is wrong with my program yet I have not fiddled with it in forever. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

This is in my log, for a show that aired like 3 days ago (keep in mind it is doing this for pretty much all shows; it's not like a show from 20 years ago that might be out of retention):

Feb-17 06:15:08 INFO SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: No new cache images needed, not retrieving new ones
Feb-17 06:15:08 INFO SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Checking & filling cache for show PUBLIC DOMAIN PROGRAM
Feb-17 06:15:07 INFO SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: 211751: Writing NFOs for all episodes
Feb-17 06:15:07 INFO SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: 211751: Loading all episodes with a location from the database
Feb-17 06:15:05 INFO SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: 211751: Loading all episodes from the show directory O:\TV\PBS
Feb-17 06:15:05 INFO SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Performing refresh on DOCUMENTARY

Donserdal
Feb 17, 2013

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

xsnews are alright. Their retention is a bit low but they allow account sharing on their pay monthly accounts, not just block accounts that some others allow. Speaking of which, anyone know of USPs that allow block account sharing? Would be nice to have a complete list.

I have not found a usenet provider that allows shared block accounts yet, but I constantly download so I pay a monthly fee for unlimited access.
For a list of other dutch payservers you can look at: http://www.binaries4all.nl/payservers/ (in dutch).

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

To my knowledge, most services that offer block accounts allow account sharing, on the premise that they WANT you to run through your block faster so you have to re-up more frequently. Last time I had Blocknews it worked this way, same may go for Astraweb.

Bur
Jul 30, 2006

inpheaux posted:

To my knowledge, most services that offer block accounts allow account sharing, on the premise that they WANT you to run through your block faster so you have to re-up more frequently. Last time I had Blocknews it worked this way, same may go for Astraweb.
I have had a blocknews account that I have been sharing with two friends for about 6 months now and there has never been any issues. Why does it matter where the data you paid for is used? If it was an unlimited plan it would be a different story.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

This is gonna be a dumb question i bet, but is there any spotweb discussion/help/etc in English anywhere?

I can't get the thing to finish doing an initial retrieve.php (despite getting it set up just fine before I erased it to try newznab).

code:
Fatal error occured while connecting to the newsserver:
  (0) Failed to read line from socket. [response: ""]

#0 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Protocol/Client.php(342): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->throwError('Failed to read ...', NULL)
#1 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Protocol/Client.php(1749): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->_getTextResponse()
#2 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Client.php(1000): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->cmdXOver('1092985-1093985')
#3 /mnt/storage/www/lib/SpotNntp.php(46): Net_NNTP_Client->getOverview('1092985-1093985')
#4 /mnt/storage/www/lib/retriever/SpotRetriever_Abs.php(157): SpotNntp->getOverview(1092985, 1093985)
#5 /mnt/storage/www/lib/retriever/SpotRetriever_Abs.php(230): SpotRetriever_Abs->loopTillEnd(0, '1000')
#6 /mnt/storage/www/retrieve.php(160): SpotRetriever_Abs->perform()
#7 {main}

Updating retrieve status in the database

Finished retrieving spots.
but then it doesn't update anything and i've got zero spots. It claims it's a timeout, but there's no drat reason it should time out after just going nuts until it gets to roughly the same spot.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Telex posted:

This is gonna be a dumb question i bet, but is there any spotweb discussion/help/etc in English anywhere?

I can't get the thing to finish doing an initial retrieve.php (despite getting it set up just fine before I erased it to try newznab).

code:
Fatal error occured while connecting to the newsserver:
  (0) Failed to read line from socket. [response: ""]

#0 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Protocol/Client.php(342): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->throwError('Failed to read ...', NULL)
#1 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Protocol/Client.php(1749): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->_getTextResponse()
#2 /mnt/storage/www/NNTP/Client.php(1000): Net_NNTP_Protocol_Client->cmdXOver('1092985-1093985')
#3 /mnt/storage/www/lib/SpotNntp.php(46): Net_NNTP_Client->getOverview('1092985-1093985')
#4 /mnt/storage/www/lib/retriever/SpotRetriever_Abs.php(157): SpotNntp->getOverview(1092985, 1093985)
#5 /mnt/storage/www/lib/retriever/SpotRetriever_Abs.php(230): SpotRetriever_Abs->loopTillEnd(0, '1000')
#6 /mnt/storage/www/retrieve.php(160): SpotRetriever_Abs->perform()
#7 {main}

Updating retrieve status in the database

Finished retrieving spots.
but then it doesn't update anything and i've got zero spots. It claims it's a timeout, but there's no drat reason it should time out after just going nuts until it gets to roughly the same spot.

https://github.com/spotweb/spotweb/issues

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Speaking of spotweb, I went to check if there were any spotweb easy updates and couldn't find the github download links or etc because spotweb.nu is sort of shut down? Anyone know what's going on there?

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002
Edit: They're gone, Replying to the first two now.

FAN OF NICKELBACK fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 18, 2013

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Can anyone please point me to a post that describes the best Sab/sickbeard set up for folders when everything is on the same machine? I dislike having an archive TV and Movies sub folder set up and a "new/complete/tv/... For new downloads. I know this has been covered a hundred times but cannot find the right post. I simply want one tv folder and one movies folder (since I just found you CAN delete from xbmc now!)

I appreciate the help and apologize for the nth time this has been asked!

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
You want all of your files of a given category inside a big directory with no sub directories, am I understanding that correctly? Just make a category in SAB for it and set your download directory in Sickbeard, it will dump them all there. Or you can use the post processing in SB but simply remove the Folder part of the renaming process I believe.

I think that's a really poor way to do it but its your choice.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 18, 2013

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The Gunslinger posted:

You want all of your files of a given category inside a big directory with no sub directories, am I understanding that correctly? Just make a category in SAB for it and set your download directory in Sickbeard, it will dump them all there. Or you can use the post processing in SB but simply remove the Folder part of the renaming process I believe.

I think that's a really poor way to do it but its your choice.

I would have subfolders for each movie/show within two different subdirectories (Movies and TV). I think I MAY be overcomplicating this without thinking of the most obvious solution. Instead of having the 'archive' TV and Movies with the temporary New, just move all the files into New and that is now everything.

I hate how I can be an idiot sometimes... I guess I just think I should be using Sickbeard (and its folders it creates) for something other than just finding and grabbing. When y'all talk about post-processing, I don't really understand what that means (aside from stuff being done after the download) in real terms as I suppose I fully don't understand it'd offer that Sab doesn't!

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
That's how most people set it up, I thought you wanted some weird arcane thing where everything was dumped in the same directory with no sub folders. You don't need an archive folder or whatever but I recommend using an Unsorted or Temp folder for your downloads because sometimes you get leftover folders and files cluttering it up. Someone else did a tutorial for this with nice images and etc but it got lost in pages of invite silliness. I do my setup a bit differently than some others here but it works like you're asking. You can google some premade tutorials for the setup, sickbeard sabnzbd post processing tutorial.

Just setup an SAB category for TV to point to for example Drive:\Unsorted. Make sure the sabtosickbeard.exe script is accessible and selected in the drop down box for scripts. Edit the sabtosickbeard script config so it has the correct info for your setup. In Sickbeard under Config->Post Processing leave the TV Download Dir blank. Make sure Rename is ticked below that and for the naming section select custom and do something like "Season %S/%SN - %Sx%0E - %EN" or whatever your preference for naming is, it has examples there and you can preview them.

When you're adding shows to Sickbeard, just set the show directory to Drive:\TV and the post processing will do the rest when a download finishes. It will take the file from the Unsorted directory and move it to Drive:\TV\Show\Season\Episode Blah blah.MKV.

For CouchPotato or movies things are simpler, just setup a movie category and point it to wherever you want it. You can use an Unsorted folder again if you want and have CouchPotato or SAB rename the file. You can also just choose to leave it with its default naming which is usually scraped by XBMC just fine in most cases.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 18, 2013

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
I've been having a devil of a time getting Nzb.su set up to work with sickbeard. I get this error every time

pre:
2013-02-18 13:43:34.067470 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-82066 :: Unknown error given from NZBs.org: Missing parameter
but I *think* I have everything filled out right. Any idea what I might be doing wrong here? I'm sure it's something simple that i'm missing.

(from what I see the only things to fill in would be the site name and the site key. what could be missing? Is the address wrong? I have "https://nzb.su"
in there.)

Thanks

he1ixx fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 18, 2013

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

TraderStav posted:

I don't really understand what that means (aside from stuff being done after the download) in real terms as I suppose I fully don't understand it'd offer that Sab doesn't!

Without post-processing Sickbeard won't know that you've downloaded a TV show.

1. Sickbeard finds episode you need.
2. It tells SAB to download it and to set the category to 'TV'
3. You've configured SAB to use the sabtosickbeard post-processing script for the TV category (http://sickbeard.com/config.html) so when the download is finished, SAB runs sabtosickbeard.
4. sabtosickbeard goes "hey sickbeard here's the file you requested SAB to download".
5. Sickbeard renames the file per your config.
6. Sickbeard marks that episode as downloaded in its database.

I don't really understand what you're wanting to do, but maybe understanding what post processing does will help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

I don't really understand what you're wanting to do, but maybe understanding what post processing does will help you.

Yes, this. I understand it better and think I was only using sickbeard as a way to simply tell Sab to grab new shows and left it at that. It wasn't being used as a database of what I had or anything else. I'll dive into this, thanks!