Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'm looking for either something Pokemon-y or Fire Emblam/X-COM-y to play on my iPad. Are there some must-plays in either of those genres?

Dragon Island Blue is kind of pokemon-ish.

Ursine Asylum posted:

Here's hoping the update doesn't include a bunch of IAP to unlock jobs as well :ohdear:

I'd pay a couple bucks to unlock Dark Knight rather than spend a day grinding it per person.

But this is SE so it'd probably be :10bux: to unlock a single easy to get job, like Summoner, for a single character instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

porktree posted:

I am, I can only assume you are the oddly accented Feenix. I am not sure how to change back to porktree other than unhitching it to my faux face book account.

That's the only way I believe. I hooked mine up to my bullshit facebook account as I presumed/hoped you'd get extra cash for letting it spam your account like Asphalt 7 does but no such luck. Then I also noticed my GC name had been replaced by the Facebook name so I logged out within the app to return to the GC info.

I beat a time yesterday in a single race of four people in the GC/friend list and it added $1200, not a great amount really but better than nowt! I also noticed that hitting driver level 11 gave out 3 gold instead of the 5 gold it had previously given out for normal levels, I don't know if that had been changed or not. I noticed there's a car for around 800 gold in the storeroom, I'd love to see sales numbers on that after the game has been out a while, that's well over £100 worth of currency.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I just hit 6 years in my first Beastie Bay game so now I've converted everything to 5-star nature and I'm letting the game play itself while my Beastiemons farm medals. :cool:

For some reason I never got the hotspot from the volcanic island though, is there something I'm missing or is it just really rare?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

nucleicmaxid posted:

I'd pay a couple bucks to get access to even more jobs. I'm a total addict for job-based RPGs though.

I don't really want to delve back into the Free/Premium argument again, but I wouldn't mind a "Pay .99 to elevate your Black Mage to Illusionist without spending an hour in dinky random battles to make him learn those 5 Black/White spells that you'll never use first", or possibly make AP something purchasable. What I wouldn't want is "Oh, you want to challenge Cid so he'll join your clan" or "Oh, you've hit the requirements for your Viera to become an assassin" to cost IAP resources on the side.

FFT is already premium-priced ($16 last I checked, I think), but Square seems to be going balls-deep for exploitative IAP besides (I don't think anyone in this thread would disagree about how terrible FF:ATB is). I'd love to play the full version of FFT on my iPad, but I don't want to pay $50 for a full mobile game either.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

I just hit 6 years in my first Beastie Bay game so now I've converted everything to 5-star nature and I'm letting the game play itself while my Beastiemons farm medals. :cool:

For some reason I never got the hotspot from the volcanic island though, is there something I'm missing or is it just really rare?

Rocks+ solar panels= all trees near them can become legendary trees.

Edit: oops I misread that. Sometimes you got to redo areas until you get the red chest for it.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Fazana posted:

http://appshopper.com/games/aliens-versus-humans

As far as Pokemans, the two to look at seem to be http://appshopper.com/games/dragon-island-blue and this one http://appshopper.com/games/zuko-monsters popped up a couple of weeks ago, not tried it yet though.
Before you snag Aliens VS Humans, realize it is a very... technical... ripoff of X-Com. It is completely humorless, the guns lack any sense of oomph (because they all use the same projectile graphics/sounds), etc.

It's very much what you get if you set a programmer out to clone a game, without the support of a decent art/sound team. Whether that satisfies you or not depends on what you're itching for.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shwqa posted:

Edit: oops I misread that. Sometimes you got to redo areas until you get the red chest for it.

This poo poo confuses me so much. I had a grassy plain upgrade in to hills yesterday and since I don't have the option to move stuff around yet I haven't started loving with the layouts. There's not much point to do this before year 6 right?

e: What affects the amount of XP monsters get from mentors, and would anyone have a magic word for a really good mentor (or several) they'd have to share?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 16, 2013

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is there anything like Faster Than Light on iOS? I know it's been hinted at in the future, and I know about Star Command (which will never be released), but I really love FTL and would kill to get my fix on the go.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
In Pixel People, I just noticed that cloud save isn't active anymore, and if I go to the settings menu, clicking the option doesn't change it to active, it stays deactivated.

Has anybody experienced the same thing?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

hadji murad posted:

Ascendancy is 99 cents now.

Thanks, I loved this game so much growing up.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

busfahrer posted:

In Pixel People, I just noticed that cloud save isn't active anymore, and if I go to the settings menu, clicking the option doesn't change it to active, it stays deactivated.

Has anybody experienced the same thing?

They removed it in a patch.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Shwqa posted:

Boy you're not kidding. 32 expeditions on the volcanic isle so far and nothing.

e: I got the hot spring, but I was under the impression that the hotspot rocks were something different.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

This poo poo confuses me so much. I had a grassy plain upgrade in to hills yesterday and since I don't have the option to move stuff around yet I haven't started loving with the layouts. There's not much point to do this before year 6 right?

e: What affects the amount of XP monsters get from mentors, and would anyone have a magic word for a really good mentor (or several) they'd have to share?

Here is a level 99 with 45 int I found on the Internet CEDMAVa8wfvMAWTKCqBZYtJ1ag== .

It can get you some high * stuff earlier and cheaper is about the only advantage. I used hammock+ grassland for coconut trees a lot around year 3-4

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
hypocrite alert :siren: Shellrazer is free for a limited time :siren:

http://www.appshopper.com/games/shellrazer

It's a fun little game where you ride a giant turtle and shoot things. Aim with your right thumb (that teardrop sight above the word HORDES) and tap the appropriate platform on your turtle to fire. It's not without its flaws, but it's worth playing.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 16, 2013

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Is there anything like Faster Than Light on iOS? I know it's been hinted at in the future, and I know about Star Command (which will never be released), but I really love FTL and would kill to get my fix on the go.

Try Shifts: http://appshopper.com/games/shifts

People at Pocket Tactics and at BGG have compared it to FTL. I don't personally see that connection but its a pretty sweet game.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Bottom Liner posted:

FTL isn't on iOS yet, but I'm 99% sure they're in the process of making a port.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
So uh...Does anything ever really change in dungelot? I made it to level 50 and had to just stop because there was no sign that it was going to change or even become more difficult. If that is all there is to it, I may have finally played an iOS game to exhaustion for once.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

hogswallower posted:

So uh...Does anything ever really change in dungelot? I made it to level 50 and had to just stop because there was no sign that it was going to change or even become more difficult. If that is all there is to it, I may have finally played an iOS game to exhaustion for once.

The recent update didn't manage to rebalance the difficulty?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

How does the assassin change in the new dungelot patch? I have 10,000 coins to spend and I don't want to upgrade his skills if they'll be nerfed.

jim bob
Apr 7, 2009

Love is over.

hogswallower posted:

I too tried out the vampire and the dwarf dude and ending up 999 healthing until around the 120ish floor and ending up uninstalling.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

hogswallower posted:

Yeah, I just downloaded it and started tapping squares and thought "this is pretty boring" and uninstalled it. I don't usually do that for iOS games with this kind of presentation polish, but this one just didn't seem that interesting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bummey posted:

How does the assassin change in the new dungelot patch? I have 10,000 coins to spend and I don't want to upgrade his skills if they'll be nerfed.

Even though Dirty Punch at Level 4 says it has a 100% chance to stun, I find that it stuns about 60-75% of the time. It's definitely not 100%.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Ugh. gently caress you today, 7 Little Words.

It's like a horse_ebooks quote

Bummey fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 17, 2013

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bummey posted:

Ugh. gently caress you today, 7 Little Words.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I looked at that and thought "hey that looks like a fun game" and got it. I've gotten this far and am stuck.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Are there any games set within the Aliens/Predators universe?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

TACD posted:

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I looked at that and thought "hey that looks like a fun game" and got it. I've gotten this far and am stuck.

Awakenings

That does look interesting, will give it a try.

A guess the hand drawn parts of a movie poster game passed a full Sunday afternoon at my parents a couple of weekends ago, it just added 64 more questions so that will be on for my next visit http://appshopper.com/games/guess-the-movie-2

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam

Toebone posted:

They removed it in a patch.

No more cloud save in Pixel People? So if I uninstall the game or move to a new device, my progress will be gone?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

:siren: Distant Star went free :siren:

http://appshopper.com/games/distant-star

It's a 4Xish game with space ships. I like space.

Oh and TriZen, too. Tangrams. Little White Bear makes good games.

http://appshopper.com/games/trizen

Bummey fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 17, 2013

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Bummey posted:

:siren: Distant Star went free :siren:

http://appshopper.com/games/distant-star

It's a 4Xish game with space ships. I like space.

I remember grabbing this for like two bucks a couple of years ago. It's a bit like a turn-based Galcon with a few more 4X trappings. It's nothing special, but it's worth grabbing for free.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Anything I should know about Infity Blade before I play it? I went ahead to what I assume is the boss and died horribly before starting bloodline 2 but the game seems slightly more complicated then the average ipod game and I never trust a game where you can pick what stats to level.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
You fight through to the boss and get squashed, then start over but keep your stats/equipment as your previous character's descendant. If you actually beat the boss, other stuff happens. The appeal ran out for me before that so I dunno what's after it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Javid posted:

f you actually beat the boss, other stuff happens. The appeal ran out for me before that so I dunno what's after it.

You have to grind out a shitload of gold to buy the Infinity Blade, which unlocks a second dungeon. I never got that far, either. It's a lot of grinding if you want to see all the content.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
The second dungeon is just one boss, it's worth it if you're a sperg completionist like me.

Genki Means Energetic!
May 21, 2003
smells like the death

Mask posted:

It seems friends are only added by codes rather than names in Book of Heroes. My Hero Code is 672697847. Add me if you are playing.

Added you, here's my code if anyone else is playing this. 422191870 Good time waster during the day.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Davincie posted:

Anything I should know about Infity Blade before I play it? I went ahead to what I assume is the boss and died horribly before starting bloodline 2 but the game seems slightly more complicated then the average ipod game and I never trust a game where you can pick what stats to level.

If you pick "reset bloodline" and lose the tutorial (whiff the block by tapping instead of holding, might take a bit), the game goes negative and gives you a crazy powerful weapon and tons of cash per fight.

You have to reset again to get it to start counting up or change equipment though. Try to get to at least -10, that'll unlock the cool negative equipment to buy in the store.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 17, 2013

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Jefferoo posted:

Are there any games set within the Aliens/Predators universe?

"Predators" which came out around the time of the movie. I remember playing it, but I don't remember if it was any good?

Also, the xenomorph guy here on the forums(his name is Xenomorph) keeps hinting at an AVP iOS game he's beta testing.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I got uplink and I think my eyes got bigger than my hands, relatively speaking. I got 1200000 successfully out of a bank and jumped from like a little over novice straight to expert. Sadly, I can't seem to frame someone else for bank fraud-- every time I mod a log at InterNIC to show the last bounce pointing to the target, they keep coming after me instead :sigh:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
"Framing" as a term is a little loose. You can just hack into the crime database and add 'bank fraud' to his charges.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Uplink was a crash course in ios speed typing. Fun game but could have used some tweaks to make it more touch screen friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
Thanks for the recommendation on Cytus, I've had a music game itch for a while and this is definitely scratching it. :haw:

• Locked thread