Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Who says it's a murder mystery and not just a pseudo dating sim, hmmm? :colbert:

...Monobear?

That being said, it's refreshing that apart from *possibly* Peko's shinai/whatever sword and any implied kitchen sharpery Tertuteru has access to, that there are no blatant Chekov's guns when it comes to murder weapons lying around. Sure, you've got the contents of the store, but it's nowhere near the same as Maizono forcing a glorified club into Nagei's hands (and unfortunately Leon's...) in the events that led up to DR1's first murder. This makes the build up going into whatever's gonna go down more enjoyable since it's alot more of a blind venture now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Who says it's a murder mystery and not just a pseudo dating sim, hmmm? :colbert:

I will admit, I was led on at first when I started reading this thread. In DR1, Monobear took a group of mostly well-mannered, good-natured students and ground them down; even from the get-go he had to work actively to get them to want to murder each other. DR2 starts with highly flawed students who are very uncomfortable with one another for a variety of reasons, and gives them Usami. In the prologue, she strives constantly to break down the barriers between the students; she tries very earnestly (in her silly way) to make the students want to have fun together and become friends. I saw a complete reversal of the premise Monobear had started on, and the "Hope Shard" mechanic almost felt like something the game could revolve around.

It had looked like the students would be able to get over Usami's strange, slightly creepy personality and respect what she was trying to accomplish. However, her efforts were suddenly interrupted by Monobear. What happened to her was horribly metaphorical: Usami's nature was an embodiment of kindness and hope, but none of the students were mature enough to cherish those qualities. So, while Monobear was torturing and disfiguring her, not one student dared lift a finger to save little Usami. :smith:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Yes. Because of the machine guns. And the giant robots.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I will admit, I was led on at first when I started reading this thread. In DR1, Monobear took a group of mostly well-mannered, good-natured students and ground them down; even from the get-go he had to work actively to get them to want to murder each other. DR2 starts with highly flawed students who are very uncomfortable with one another for a variety of reasons, and gives them Usami. In the prologue, she strives constantly to break down the barriers between the students; she tries very earnestly (in her silly way) to make the students want to have fun together and become friends. I saw a complete reversal of the premise Monobear had started on, and the "Hope Shard" mechanic almost felt like something the game could revolve around.

It had looked like the students would be able to get over Usami's strange, slightly creepy personality and respect what she was trying to accomplish. However, her efforts were suddenly interrupted by Monobear. What happened to her was horribly metaphorical: Usami's nature was an embodiment of kindness and hope, but none of the students were mature enough to cherish those qualities. So, while Monobear was torturing and disfiguring her, not one student dared lift a finger to save little Usami. :smith:

There's a balance in both games, but yeah, on the whole 2's cast seems to lean more towards the hyper paranoid and/or mentally disturbed side of the spectrum. It only takes a few extra crazies to totally flip the atmosphere on its head.

As for Usami, could you really blame them for still being suspicious of her at that point? She did sort of kick off this whole shebang and there's no way to know for sure that this whole Monobear thing wasn't part of the plan from the beginning. More than anything, I think anybody would be too shocked and confused to just run the gently caress up there and break up the fight.

Edit: ^^^The robots didn't show up until well after Monobear made his appearance and gave Usami her makeover. There was plenty of opportunity for someone to interject without the threat of being gunned down by a giant mech.

Armanky fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 18, 2013

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, the initial fight was pretty brutal and all, but nobody really knew what was going on and by the time anyone could have acted, the little monochormatic bastard summoned a robo-brute squad that is capable of *lawnmowering* any of the students no matter what their SHSL skills are. Even if this involves some level of hindsight, there's not much the kids could've done without getting hurt.

...They are a bit more crazy though, no arguing there.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Please don't look too deep into video games with teddy bears. Thanks!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What I don't get it why the spare Usami copies would all be Monomis.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I don't understand where Monobear gets his costumes from either. The game is really puzzling, and I wish it would explain this more!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodyle posted:

Maybe Monobear knew were her spare bodies were and disfigured most if not all of them so it would always be a Monomi instead of an Usami.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Presenting my third set of DR2 Perler sprites (previous sets here and here). The Perlers are starting to take over the house—any ideas on how to display 10-20 at a time?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Why is anyone even entertaining the possibility that Monomi isn't a collaborator of Monokuma?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522115&pagenumber=29#post410611327
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522115&pagenumber=84#post411429706
Notice when Monobear shows up the new rules are appended to the old rules. If this was a regime change hippie dippie poo poo like not harming the environment and hope shards would be out the window but instead these things monomi has decreed are now verboten with the force of Monobeast justice backing them up.

Haha. You MUST collect hope shards. Or ELSE.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Rodyle posted:

I can think of at least four possibilities:

1) Monobear has access to whatever it is that produces Usami clones and altered that to fit the new design.

2) They're controlled by the same people, and those people had planned the redesign from the beginning, so all spare Usamis use it.

3) Usami's either okay with being Monobear's bitch or Monobear is simply going to keep bullying her into conforming to the new design, so she's chosen not to resist it.

4) This is one of those details you're not supposed to think about too hard.

Honestly, I don't think it's something to lose sleep over, but it'd be pretty cool of them if they did have an in-game explanation for it.

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
He was able to change the game itself to say Monomi instead of Usami. I think that should indicate she'll be like that for the rest of the game, and we shouldn't think too hard about it.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Why is anyone even entertaining the possibility that Monomi isn't a collaborator of Monokuma?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522115&pagenumber=29#post410611327
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522115&pagenumber=84#post411429706
Notice when Monobear shows up the new rules are appended to the old rules. If this was a regime change hippie dippie poo poo like not harming the environment and hope shards would be out the window but instead these things monomi has decreed are now verboten with the force of Monobeast justice backing them up.

I know that we shouldn't really look at more meta reasons to justify things, but perhaps the reasoning for the old rules staying is simply for gameplay? The hope shards are a good progress check for your relationship with characters. You may not be wrong, but I wouldn't really act as if this is particularly great evidence either.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Honestly I can understand why Monomi/the good rules/whatever would be under control of SHSL Despair. Junko herself talked about how you can't have despair without hope at the end of the first game didn't she? That said I'm not sure we really have any actual evidence that it is or is not the case.

Also the diaper they gave monomi creeps me out.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Catsworth posted:

Honestly I can understand why Monomi/the good rules/whatever would be under control of SHSL Despair. Junko herself talked about how you can't have despair without hope at the end of the first game didn't she? That said I'm not sure we really have any actual evidence that it is or is not the case.

Also the diaper they gave monomi creeps me out.

Just because Junko said so didn't mean the rest of the SHSL Despair group would buy into it (a member of the said group is the most probably culprit at the moment, after all).

And I guess SPIKE designers probably don't know the horror of diaper fetish and just add that in to emphasise Monomi's loss of power. Or they know that and add the diaper in to produce despair in us. :tinfoil:

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Krinkle posted:

To be perfectly honest? I'm willing to believe that Monobear kept Usami's rules... mostly because of how inscrutably weird he's been about the game rules in the past. Practically none of his attitudes or behaviors related to the rules in DR1 made sense until well into the late game, when who exactly was sitting in his control room and what exactly she was doing came into focus.

This is all awful reasoning in the positive sense, but in the negative sense, I think it's warning enough that any intuitions about how a normal mastermind would approach the rule sets really may simply not apply to Monobear. I mean, the following also make sense to me:

1) He didn't delete the Usami rules because he thought it'd be funny if the rules put in place to foster hope did the opposite in the end.
2) He didn't delete them because that would make the students more suspicious, paranoid, and unsure of precisely whether or not Monomi is trustworthy (regardless of whether she is or not- it'd be tactically advantageous for him if they were unsure) which he wants.
3) He didn't delete them because of wacky reality TV logic about vetoing rules and whether he's subject to the rules that are already in place or not.

These would sound implausible if it were anyone else but (admittedly not the original, but still a close copycat of) Monobear, but since it is Monobear, they're suddenly about as plausible as the idea that he would delete the rules imposed by his opponent. Still, yours is probably the single strongest objection to the two-conflicting-masterminds idea that's been raised, but it's not as solid an idea as it might have been if it were raised against anyone but Monobear.

edit:

Zyxyz posted:

Presenting my third set of DR2 Perler sprites (previous sets here and here). The Perlers are starting to take over the house—any ideas on how to display 10-20 at a time?

I love Pekoyama's doofy sprite. It is so doofy.

These are really neat. :)

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 18, 2013

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Those who are reading the PS Vita thread may already be aware, but they just semi-announced something Dangan Ronpa related at the end of the Japanese Vita news stream that happened an hour or two ago.

It was literally a split-second image of Monobear at the very end of the stream, so no clue yet if we're talking an HD port, DR3, or something else entirely.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
It's Dungeon Romper, the official DR roguelike, bringing the franchise to the most despair-inducing genre.

(I'd play it.)

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
As much as I like the sound of DR3, they're probably just messing with us, so as to bask in our despair once reveal that nothing Dangan Ronpa is coming out for the PS Vita... yet.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Hey Oren, with evil Teddies becoming your thing, even infecting your avatar, maybe you should keep the pattern going. LP #3: Naughty Bear! :3:

Loving your work so far.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I desperately want it to be the Dangan Ronpa fighter that was in that survey a while back. Or it could be a Monster Hunter clone (because weren't they loving all during that) where you play as Monobear hunting the survivors of the 2 games Manhunt style.

I'd play it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So Famitsu desperately tried to get an answer out of Spike Chunsoft about it, it seems like they just laughed at them and said "no comment" but that might be the Google Translate mucking around with me.

It's amazing that a quick 1 second parting shot of Monobear waving us goodbye got so much attention.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

njsykora posted:

I desperately want it to be the Dangan Ronpa fighter that was in that survey a while back. Or it could be a Monster Hunter clone (because weren't they loving all during that) where you play as Monobear hunting the survivors of the 2 games Manhunt style.

I'd play it.

So basically, a game wherein Sakura beats the everloving poo poo out of everybody. :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Zyxyz posted:

Is the :pwn: one Chiaki?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Policenaut posted:

So Famitsu desperately tried to get an answer out of Spike Chunsoft about it, it seems like they just laughed at them and said "no comment" but that might be the Google Translate mucking around with me.

No, that's correct. Famitsu asked them 「Monobear appeared, what was up with that?」 and their PR guy replied with 「He really did (laughs), but I'm sorry to say that I can't tell you anything more than "no comment"」.

e: Monokuma --> Monobear

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rushputin posted:

It's Dungeon Romper, the official DR roguelike, bringing the franchise to the most despair-inducing genre.

(I'd play it.)

That'd be loving awesome.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Rodyle posted:

That'd be loving awesome.

Right up until it's revealed that they bought Nethack and remade it with Monobear as the final boss. What better game to be remade for TRUE DESPAIR?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Beautiful Ruin

PARTY TIME!

I have a feeling it’ll be a party... to die for.

But, as usual, they won't let us just go straight to the party without anyone getting in our way.

Oh? Hajime-chan, could you possibly be on your way to the party?
Of course I am. Where else would I be going? In fact, why are you still here, Mioda?

Ibuki’s getting in some light exercise, to make the food taste even better later!
Can't wait to try Teruteru-chan's cooking!
I guess... He is a "Super High-school Level Cook", after all.

It's almost time for the party... Eh-heh-heh, I'm looking forward to it...

Ah, I won't get in anyone's way, I promise...! So... can I p...please come too...?
Don't worry about things like that. It's fine, just try to enjoy yourself!

O...Okay...!

Sigh...
I informed Kuzuryuu about the party... but it doesn't appear as though he plans to attend.

PARTY TIME!

So this is the old lodge... Compared to the rest of the hotel, it really is shabby.

You came...

Well, then, hold out your arms and stand facing me.
Hold out my arms...? Why should I do that?

I have to do a body check, of course.
A b...body check?!
As long as I am hosting this party, you should expect flawless security.

I made you a promise, didn't I? I shall not accept even a single victim...!
Y...Yeah, got it...

I reluctantly held out my arms and stood facing forward.

Togami carefully inspected my body, top to bottom...

...It seems you are not carrying any dangerous items.
O...Of course I’m not!

...Very well. You may step inside.
...Hm?

Suddenly, I noticed a strange item next to Togami's feet.

...Duralumin cases?

I found them at the supermarket.
I am using one of them to safely store any dangerous items I find.
The other one...

Well... it's in case there's trouble.
...Trouble?

...It shouldn't worry you.
The others are already gathered inside, in the main hall. Go join them.

Immediately after saying that, Togami turned his back to me.

It seems... he didn't want to talk anymore.

But... this is way too much for "just in case" precautions. I mean, he went as far as giving me a body check...

The lodge is another mini 3D environment, and as such gets its own map:

I know we've been told to go straight to the main hall, but as long as we're here, let's see what else is around.

Just around the corner from the entrance we find two doors. Let's try the first one.

An office of some sort. And... can you spot it?

I totally spotted it.

Hidden Monobear #4 added to our collection! Nothing else here, so let's go on to the second door in the corridor.

This is the toilet... It seems to be unisex.

I don't really need to go right now. I should head to the main hall.

Not yet, Hinata!

That’s some, uh, nice wallpaper there.

There is a sublime odor drifting from the kitchen... It sure stirs up one's appetite.

But, Togami is going to make a fuss if I take a detour. You should probably head to the main hall as well.

Yeah, yeah, sure. Moving on forward to find another door to the left.

Hey, that’s-

And what might you be doing here in my castle? Don't worry, dinner is right on schedule.
Or maybe... you also want to be cooked by me?
Huh? What the hell does that mean?

Hoh hoh hoh hoh...

I think we'd better leave.

Those windows...

Turning the corner, we finally see the end of the corridor ahead.

So this is what a "lodge" feels like... The many gaps in the wooden floor are there because of its age, are they not?

I shall be ever mindful of where I step! It will be just like an adventure!

I guess for a princess, every mundane thing is a fresh experience...

There's one last door at the end of this corridor, next to where Sonia is standing.

Bah. There aren't even any Hidden Monobears here. Back to the corridor, and we can finally go to our actual destination.

Oh, Hinata-kun! So, what do you think?
What do I think about what?
About the way I decorated this hall for the party, of course! I even spread out a carpet.
...You brought in this carpet?

Yeah, I got it at the supermarket.

Is there anything that supermarket doesn't carry...?

I wanted to cover the entire floor, but the carpet wasn't large enough.

This entire place was full of dust and cobwebs when I got here this morning, you know?
It took me the entire day just to clean this hall.

I don't think I could bear cleaning for an entire day, had it been me...

That's quite a feat, Komaeda...

...Yeah. Thank you.

And now, time to be polite and make the rounds.

I hate to say this after Komaeda did his best to clean the place, but true to its name, this old lodge is in tatters.
There's a limit to how much you can clean a place up...
Look at the floor over here, for example.

See how the wood is rotten and has shrunk down? There are so many gaps it's dangerous to walk on, don't you think?
It sure is...

Well, I guess since most of the floor is covered with a carpet, it's not really a problem...

Maybe we should warn Mikan-chan to be extra careful, though.
She is the type of person who falls down even when there's nothing there...

...I'm worried Monobear is going to crash this party.
Yeah, I don't think he'd just leave us alone if he heard we're having a party...

...Or if he saw you. You know. On the cameras.

We have to do something.
...Yeah, I guess we do.

I wonder if someone's going to do something...
Who knows...?

Who knows...

I... don’t think this conversation really meshed.

Big Bro Togami said something about a body check and touched me all over!
That's sexual harassment!
I...I don't think so... He did the same thing to the guys.

Did he? I get the feeling he was extra sticky when he did me.
Eh...?

Kyahaha! There's a big demand for someone who looks like me, you know.

She's... joking, right?

For so common a lifeform, the pretentious one is quite adept in the culinary arts...
Of course, such mortal cuisine cannot possibly compare to the extra-dimensional delicacies I have sampled in my travels...

Ah, that was gross...
Gettin’ touched all over by a man... gives me the creeps, it does...
Oh, you mean Togami’s body check?

And that's not all. He found this wrench - I keep it in my pocket - and he went mental. His face was like a demon's.
Honestly... what a pain...
You probably shouldn't have brought a wrench in the first place, you know.

I just... I feel a bit calmer when I carry one. Found this one at the airport, reckoned I’d hang onto it, y’know?
Well, right now, Togami’s got it, in that duralumin case of his.

Sigh... Woe is me.

aaaaaaaa...
Hey... Owari?
aaaaaaaa...

It's no use... she’s completely focused on the food...

We're done with the people, so let's check the environment.

There's a lot of delicious-looking food on the table... Meat and fish... there's something for everyone.

...Steel plates?
Now that I think about it... there were some in the corridor as well.
But, why are there still plates attached to the wall?

...A valiant effort... but short of the mark.
...Eh?

"Star-destroyer Grey Fox" Sun-D of the Four Dark Gods of Destructions has seen beyond the veil of the apparent...!
Those steel plates are not attached to the wall. They are attached to the windows.
...To the windows?

Think, unobservant one. Was there a single open window in the corridor? Or were they all covered by steel plates?
But... why? Why cover the windows at all?

O, Sun-D... Your fur is most certainly abuzz today...
Hey, I asked if you know why the windows are covered...?

It has been... a long day. Countless souls born, and countless more lost...

I don't think he knows.

Well... this place is scheduled for reconstruction, right. Could it have something to do with that?

In any case, it gives this place kind of an eerie atmosphere.

Finally, our host's booming voice echoed through the main hall.

...Sorry to have kept you waiting.

Hanamura is in the kitchen... And it seems Kuzuryuu is not coming after all.

I am sorry. I informed him of the party, but...

You don't have anything to apologize for, Peko-chan. It's his fault if he's not coming...

This party should've been compulsory participation, but...
...Whatever. If only one person is missing, it isn't a problem.
...Nothing is going to happen to a single person, after all.

...That sounds ominous, does it not?

More importantly-- Hm?

Music fades out

Oy, what is this?!

Togami's face suddenly became stern, and his eyes fixated on the food-covered table.

...This is dangerous.

Togami stomped towards the table, and then...

Re: Living to the Fullest

H...Hey! What are you doing?!

That's so unfair! He's eating the food all by himself!
I am not eating it...!

However you look at it, this is eating!
I am telling you, that is not what I'm doing...! Take a good look at this food.
It looks like delicious grilled meat...
...And what is this delicious grilled meat attached to?
...Hm? They're steel skewers.
That's right. These steel skewers are exceedingly dangerous. And therefore... as the person in charge I must confiscate them!

Beautiful Ruin

Ah, it seems everyone is here! In that case, let me bring in the main... um...

Hey!! You started eating already?

Who made this food?

Um... I...I did... Um, are you from the Gourmet Club?

The Gourmet Club is a private restaurant rating organization led by the protagonist’s father and rival in the most famous of famous gourmet manga, Oishinbo. Togami’s line reflects the line the aforementioned father exclaims after tasting a particularly shocking meal he didn’t know his son made.

What were you thinking? How could you use such a dangerous implement in your food...?

D...Dangerous...? This is Churrasco, a legendary South American skewered meat dish...

See, it fits the tropical mood, so I thought it would be just right for our party.

...The problem is the skewers, not the food.

Eh?! I can't even use skewers?!

From this reaction, I am guessing there are other dangerous items you know about...
Oy, Hinata. Come with me. We have work to do.

...W...Why me?!

Heh... You were the first person he laid eyes on. Bad luck, mate...

Reluctantly, I followed the stern Togami out of the main hall.

Come on. We’re going to thoroughly search the kitchen for any other dangerous items.

Sigh... he just said 'thoroughly', didn't he...

Togami stomped on toward the kitchen, and I followed him again.

Let's begin. Leave no stone unturned.

Saying that, Togami started carefully going through the kitchen's shelves himself.

Take a look... I found something already. This shelf has forks and knives on it.
...Don't tell me. Even cutlery isn’t allowed?

They’re sharp and pointy, and therefore dangerous. Disposable chopsticks should be enough for eating.

Togami stuffed every fork and knife into the Duralumin case...

You were serious when you said "thoroughly"...

Before we start searching for more dangerous items, maybe we should hear more about what he's after.

Hey, is this really necessary?

...Of course it’s necessary. If it weren’t, we wouldn’t be here.
I made a promise - there will be not a single victim. To fulfil that promise, the utmost caution is necessary...
Is that... it?

...What do you mean, “is that it”?
Well, I just thought... maybe something happened...?
I mean, you suddenly suggested we have a party. I can't help but think there's a reason for that...

There isn't... It's just that... For a long time now, suspecting everything and everyone has been second nature to me.
Suspecting...? Why?

Hrmph. I don't particularly like to discuss my past, but...
Fine. I shall tell you just a little.

orenronen fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 18, 2013

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
oren, you tease, leaving it precisely there.

So, DR1-style plated windows? What purpose could those possibly serve? Of course my first intuition is that Monobear has something to do with it, but... the plates from the first game were installed by the kids to keep Monoworld out of Hope's Peak. What the hell is this island?

And I'm sure Togami's heart is in the right place, but he's essentially building up a huge stockpile of weapons right under our noses. :ohdear:

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Hell yeah, Living to the Fullest finally shows up. I was worried Tropical Despair would replace it.

And dammit Togami, if you're going to set yourself up to die early, at least have the courtesy to stop having the best scenes in the game.

No clue what the deal is with the windows. It's not like it's keeping anyone in the buildings (or out) like in the first game.

...Kuzuryuu's already dead, isn't he?

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 18, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dun dun dunnnnnn.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shirimasen
Mar 31, 2012
Heck of a cliffhanger. The bolts on the windows spoke volumes to me. Were these buildings brought in to the island from DR1? Maybe they were part of the actual school itself.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
You and your love of painful cliffhangers. After marathoning the first game's topic, I'm going to be in despair dealing with breaks now.

Wonder why this building has plated windows while their dorms don't. It's not like the lodge has windows that see stuff the other places don't. And there's no ruin to hide from on this island so far.

Betting that Togami's gonna be considered the first suspect due to the confiscated weapons cache he's building up.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I wish they'd get on with it, this is really dragging. Sequel syndrome, I guess.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The skewers sequence was nothing short of amazing.

Also, that's a nasty place to leave a cliffhanger. What are the odds his past experiences in Dangan Ronpa come up? Looks like this will finally be the big reveal everyone has been waiting for anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy crap, Nagito survived. Maybe I was wrong about him being a SHSL Dead Man Walking.

And to be honest I expected Togami to choke on a bone while he was eating all that churrasco (which is as awesome as Teruteru claims, incidentally).

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 18, 2013

AF902
Feb 18, 2013
Ooh, that cliffhanger.

Togami is just setting himself up for a fall, I can feel it.

I also find it interesting how there hasn't been a murder yet. The suspense is killing me, but then again I suppose that that is the point.

Stellar update as usual.

AF902 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 18, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And is there a reason you just empty quoted all of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

eating only apples posted:

I wish they'd get on with it, this is really dragging. Sequel syndrome, I guess.

That's probably a side effect of the LP format. I doubt it would feel like it was dragging so much if you were actually playing the game, and weren't taking several days-long breaks at every cliffhanger.

I know what you mean though. I've been expecting a murder every update since Monobear's stand-up performance, and the anxiety's really starting to get to me.

• Locked thread