Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ChocNitty posted:

Oh poo poo, a Gun Bros 2 is out.

I hope it's good.

The first one had the best gear tied behind hilariously expensive IAP. (It was also really easy to exploit and bypass that altogether). Is there a review for this? I'm curious what they've done as the gameplay was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Telsa Cola posted:

In as TelsaCola, we can swap invite codes if you want. Mines Ssd8.

Using this. I'm SmzR

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Does Pocket Frogs implement some sort of creepy psychic stalker AI now or is this week's set actually called "Happy Birthday Mom"? My mom's birthday is this week and she kind of freaked out when she saw it. :v:

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

The Rokstar posted:

Does Pocket Frogs implement some sort of creepy psychic stalker AI now or is this week's set actually called "Happy Birthday Mom"? My mom's birthday is this week and she kind of freaked out when she saw it. :v:

It is our Mom's birthday, but your mom doesn't have to know that.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
Backflip madness is pretty rad. It's similar to QWOP I think in that until you get used to it, it's just a dude doing faceplants into the floor, but really satisfying once you get the timing down. Check it out!

http://appshopper.com/games/backflip-madness

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Rokstar posted:

Tell your mom you paid the Pocket Frog guys to put that in.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

marshmonkey posted:

Tell your mom you paid the Pocket Frog guys to put that in.
You don't even have to lie. Tell them that you know the Pocket Frog guys personally, and that they put the event in special just for this week.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So a random goon can get an event for his mom but we can't get a train game?

:argh:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I've been playing Little Inferno on the iPad, and holy god I'm having a lot of fun. The burning in this game is done perfectly, and the puzzle aspects are brilliant and difficult without being frustrating. This is probably the most fun I've ever had with a touchscreen. World of Goo is fun, but for some reason this game is making my dopamine go wild.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The defender of texel thread is now open! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535018

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So a random goon can get an event for his mom but we can't get a train game?

:argh:
The solution is clear:

Convince your mom to become obsessed with trains.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

The Rokstar posted:

The solution is clear:

Convince your mom to become obsessed with trains.

Orrrrrrrr we trick their mom to become obsessed with trains.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

NimbleQuest to have $200k IAP to get Nimblebit to make your mom a game.

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004
Has anyone played West Legends yet? Its a Battleheart-style game with a Journey to the West theme that just came out, $2.99 with absolutely no IAP. The developer seems pretty staunch in his anti-IAP stance, in the TA thread he mentioned having a fallout with their publisher because he wouldn't budge and include any.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=178909&highlight=west+legends

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
That guy is going to be really sad when he doesn't make any money.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I bought it just because I like his panache. And Battleheart.

It lacks the charm of Battleheart, but no iap on a new game of this style is quite unique.

DNK fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 22, 2013

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Does the new pixel people update fix the move-your-buildings-to-make-crazy-money exploit?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

schwein11 posted:

Does the new pixel people update fix the move-your-buildings-to-make-crazy-money exploit?

Yes. So don't update like I did.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

VarrosAnon posted:

I've been playing Little Inferno on the iPad, and holy god I'm having a lot of fun. The burning in this game is done perfectly, and the puzzle aspects are brilliant and difficult without being frustrating. This is probably the most fun I've ever had with a touchscreen. World of Goo is fun, but for some reason this game is making my dopamine go wild.

I have 5-6 combos left I want to figure out still :( drat you Diseased and Heart and Soul and Colorful Flame Combo :argh:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has anyone had problems with D.O.T crashing after the tutorial?

The second it asks if I want to log into a Mobage account it crashes to the dashboard. Even after re-installing twice I have the same problem.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
Well, this is a thing. I...don't even know where to begin. Cat Pokemon with wearable bread?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

m.hache posted:

Has anyone had problems with D.O.T crashing after the tutorial?

The second it asks if I want to log into a Mobage account it crashes to the dashboard. Even after re-installing twice I have the same problem.

I did at first and it was happening when I was having a poor connection. Seems to be fine now.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski

Duranki posted:

Well, this is a thing. I...don't even know where to begin. Cat Pokemon with wearable bread?

Quirky concept but this is just an IAP shop with no real game in front of it.

heiden fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 22, 2013

Infestasyde
Mar 6, 2004

hogswallower posted:

Backflip madness is pretty rad. It's similar to QWOP I think in that until you get used to it, it's just a dude doing faceplants into the floor, but really satisfying once you get the timing down. Check it out!

http://appshopper.com/games/backflip-madness

I swear one of the backflips on the first level is bugged. It's the one where you back flip from the high, gantry-like platform onto a double padded floor bit but it never registers and I cant pass it.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Bummey posted:

:stare: Does anyone have any idea who this is referring to?

This is a game, right?

So try the same character you did when you got this, go through the questions the same way until you get to this one, and then say yes. Should work right?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Duranki posted:

I like that the game's icon is a cat with a "what the gently caress is wrong with this designer" look on their face.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Infestasyde posted:

I swear one of the backflips on the first level is bugged. It's the one where you back flip from the high, gantry-like platform onto a double padded floor bit but it never registers and I cant pass it.

You probably clicked Free Play instead of Play on the text box that popped up after the first or second jump. Reload the level and be more careful this time, jerk

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

For you strategy nuts Battle of the Bulge is on sale for $6.99.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits

Infestasyde posted:

Also are you sure you're landing in the right place? You have to land between the traffic cone things.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I saw the NimbleQuest headline on TouchArcade and got excited for a second before realizing they only played the beta and the game is still not out.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Wow, The Quest is pretty awesome. It seems like it's basically Daggerfall. Sucks there's no thread about it. :(

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Corridor posted:

Wow, The Quest is pretty awesome. It seems like it's basically Daggerfall. Sucks there's no thread about it. :(

Yeah it does. I've been playing it for a long rear end time and still have tons of content left.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Bummey posted:

Yeah it does. I've been playing it for a long rear end time and still have tons of content left.

I wish I was better at these kinds of games. How the hell do you raise Persuade? I keep failing that Agent Recruiter quest at the start. :(

Do you know of any discussion forums for this game at all?

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

Corridor posted:

I played through The Quest and the first two expansions just after I got my phone. After finishing QuestLord, I started up a new game on the Quest. I don't think I liked an open world Bethsheda game more than this until I played Fallout New Vegas.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Corridor posted:

I wish I was better at these kinds of games. How the hell do you raise Persuade? I keep failing that Agent Recruiter quest at the start. :(

Persuade is based on personality. Skills can only go as high as their base stat allows, so you need to increase those stats at level up to raise their tied skills. A lot of new players don't realize that you get to allocate a certain amount of skill and stat points every time you level (I sure didn't). Make sure you use them!

There's a button on The Quest's main screen that takes you to some forums. They're not super active but there's some decent information on there.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Bummey posted:

Persuade is based on personality. Skills can only go as high as their base stat allows, so you need to increase those stats at level up to raise their tied skills. A lot of new players don't realize that you get to allocate a certain amount of skill and stat points every time you level (I sure didn't). Make sure you use them!

There's a button on The Quest's main screen that takes you to some forums. They're not super active but there's some decent information on there.

Okay cool, I've been pumping points into personality because I want a super charming creepy undead sorcerer. I fall to pieces at the slightest breeze though. :(

Thanks for the forums into, I should have thought of that. :downs: Hey I don't suppose there's like a herb bag or anything in game, is there? 2/3 of my inventory is all alchemy poo poo and there's not much room left.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Corridor posted:

I used to play The Quest loads on my Palm PDA, then iPod touch. It's been a couple of years since I've played the iOS version, but back then the TouchArcade thread helped me out a couple of times.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Using this. I'm SmzR

Used this one. Mine is xSfY.

Thanks for recommending DoT, by the way.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

LIMBO KING posted:

For you strategy nuts Battle of the Bulge is on sale for $6.99.

Does this play alright on the OG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Whoa please play Year Walk-- awesome puzzle/horror/"art" game. Maybe kind of short for the price point but production values and atmosphere are awesome. A few of the puzzles are kind of weird, but I was still able to beat it without having to look anything up. Also make sure to download the (free) companion app, it's a good education on how morbid and hosed up Scandinavian folklore can get.

Edit: and I don't want to spoil anything but there's a great, creepy "meta-story" going on... I dont want to spoil it but definitely worth checking out the companion app.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 24, 2013

• Locked thread