Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

discoukulele posted:

Goddamn, I just can't stomach this stuff. It's getting exhausting.

Clearly that's a troll from SA because No True American would ever say something so racist and ignorant :fsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Alan Smithee posted:

If anyone has deep cover accounts that are generally well received but you're getting PTSD from their bullshit, I'll take it off your hands

Also, I will do this, too. This poo poo can really grate on your nerves.

Also, the "Please tread on me" flag is beautiful.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I take pride that not only are we trolling the most despicable, bigoted, and selfish Americans, but we're also providing entertainment for the FBI agents whose job it is to watch them.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

If I'm reading that correctly, the guy is upset that Tim has a policy of banning people who get too "strident" (i.e. calls for assassination or CWII). So he's attacking him from the right, or the looney bin.

You can look through a handful of articles on that site and figure out what the author means by "strident", which is apparently code word for "being a racist shitheel." Which is funny because Selaty is pretty terrible and has ties to plenty of racist poo poo himself, so you'd probably have to be like mega-racist to get a ban from TPC if you're a legit member.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Too easy. :getin:

(google the quote)

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 27, 2013

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

StandardVC10 posted:

Let me know if it doesn't work:

Hell yeah. Gonna work on a shitload tonight and tomorrow morning. Gonna rar it the gently caress up tomorrow. Thanks!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Poor Incredible Hunk; he didn't even last five minutes. I guess they aren't ready to love :(

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

CommieGIR posted:

They still do it. Look at any of the US Marines current running recruitment ads "For Our Country, For Us All"

The one in front of Iwo Jima? Sure, I get that.

In front of a chopper in Afghanistant? C'mon now. Its undue patriotism, the 'fighting for our freedoms' is kind of moot because the Taliban never had any intention of even invading the US. Our freedoms were never under attack.

Not to mention: The damned country song the Tea Party streaming broadcast keeps playing.

This is from a few pages back but I feel obliged to reply to it. You aren't going to find a senior leader in the military that really believes that the war in Afghanistan is about Are Freedoms. Honestly, a pretty small percentage of Americans really think that these days. Instead, we acknowledge that the fight is about a more abstract but still real national security interest in ensuring stability in the region. The Marine Corps' recent ads are about connecting a sense of tradition and pride in service that stems from Iwo Jima with present day conflicts. The idea is that the world and the war have changed, but the Marines haven't - that is a powerful recruiting message about community (hell, it got me), not fascist imagery. I do see how you can construe the message the way you're looking at it, though.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

So by 2016, when the Revolution/Civil War 2 haven't happened and nobody's guns have been confiscated, will these people be introspective and realize how wrong and paranoid they were or will the pat themselves on the back, believing they prevented it all along by buying up guns, forwarding e-mails and setting up alternative Facebook sites?

Every single one of them believes they are this guy: http://www.theonion.com/articles/62yearold-with-gun-only-one-standing-between-natio,30984/

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Alan Smithee posted:

Clearly that's a troll from SA because No True American would ever say something so racist and ignorant :fsmug:

Well no American I know would use the term "wog" so who knows

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Quiet Feet posted:

Poor Incredible Hunk; he didn't even last five minutes. I guess they aren't ready to love :(

Frankly I think this country would be a lot better off if we all just added a little "HUNK SMOOCH" to our lives.

This is incredibly :3:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Red Crown posted:

This is from a few pages back but I feel obliged to reply to it. You aren't going to find a senior leader in the military that really believes that the war in Afghanistan is about Are Freedoms. Honestly, a pretty small percentage of Americans really think that these days. Instead, we acknowledge that the fight is about a more abstract but still real national security interest in ensuring stability in the region. The Marine Corps' recent ads are about connecting a sense of tradition and pride in service that stems from Iwo Jima with present day conflicts. The idea is that the world and the war have changed, but the Marines haven't - that is a powerful recruiting message about community (hell, it got me), not fascist imagery. I do see how you can construe the message the way you're looking at it, though.

Oh I know. And its not that I have a problem with the Marines, I don't. I have a problem with the Tea Parties fascination with the armed forces as a solution to our countries current woes.

So many of them can say nothing more than suggesting instituting a conscription or even spending more on the DoD and oppose ALL cuts to the DoD despite the fact that war spending is one of our biggest issues.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 27, 2013

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

CommieGIR posted:

Oh I know. And its not that I have a problem with the Marines, I don't. I have a problem with the Tea Parties fascination with the armed forces as a solution to our countries current woes.

So many of them can say nothing more than suggesting instituting a conscription or even spending more on the DoD and oppose ALL cuts to the DoD despite the fact that war spending is one of our biggest issues.

Yeah, I agree. There's a lot of...fetishization of the military in the ultra-right wing community. Every person in uniform is a true hero and a REAL American and FW:FW:FW: Angels watching over our troops!!! ugh gently caress that.

You know I'm actually surprised I haven't seen that phrase used more on TPC: "Real America". People who use that make me seethe with rage.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
But if a soldier asks questions his patriotism is forfeit. See: neocon, UN ambassador (lol) and fox news POS John Bolton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTHYxyHW-io

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Red Crown posted:

You know I'm actually surprised I haven't seen that phrase used more on TPC: "Real America". People who use that make me seethe with rage.

Same, especially as a liberal veteran for good ol' Kalifornia. The "Real America" poo poo infuriates me to no end.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Red Crown posted:

Yeah, I agree. There's a lot of...fetishization of the military in the ultra-right wing community. Every person in uniform is a true hero and a REAL American and FW:FW:FW: Angels watching over our troops!!! ugh gently caress that.

Its hilarious how much they cheered for Romney and Ryan despite the obvious fact neither of them really intended to make any REAL spending cuts except to social programs, hell Romney even openly admitted he'd spend MORE on the DoD.

These people.

Mitchicon posted:

Same, especially as a liberal veteran for good ol' Kalifornia. The "Real America" poo poo infuriates me to no end.

Their inept and childish fascination with the Crusades and religious morality legislation.

Not to mention the fact that they scream and cry about Sharia law and then turn around and demand people enact Christian laws.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McDowell posted:

But if a soldier asks questions his patriotism is forfeit. See: neocon, UN ambassador (lol) and fox news POS John Bolton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTHYxyHW-io

Don't forget to boo gay soldiers while we're at it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/debate-crowd-booed-gay-soldier/

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Its hilarious how much they cheered for Romney and Ryan despite the obvious fact neither of them really intended to make any REAL spending cuts except to social programs, hell Romney even openly admitted he'd spend MORE on the DoD.

These people.

Romney said we needed to expand the navy because we have a record low number of boats, completely ignoring the fact that one boat now has way more capability and size of the boats from the freaking civil war. So yes they love him as he is just as insane and stupid as they are.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

socialsecurity posted:

Romney said we needed to expand the navy because we have a record low number of boats, completely ignoring the fact that one boat now has way more capability and size of the boats from the freaking civil war. So yes they love him as he is just as insane and stupid as they are.

'You Didn't Build That' :allears:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I always found it amusing that Russia's reaction to the idea of someone like Romney becoming president was a little bit like a top tier chess player finding out he's going to square off against preschooler who keeps eating the pieces.

"Yes, please - put a dipshit like that in charge, and then we can walk all over your dumbass country."

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 27, 2013

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

This is especially annoying when you look at how the US has eleven supercarriers while Russia and China have one rusting carrier each. Not even counting all the STOVL carriers and the carriers of our allies either.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Spacedad posted:

I always found it amusing that Russia's reaction to the idea of someone like Romney becoming president was a little bit like a top tier chess player finding out he's going to square off against preschooler who keeps eating the pieces.

"Yes, please - put a dipshit like that in charge, and then we can walk all over your dumbass country."

So you have a news article or something for this? It sounds like a hilarious read.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mitchicon posted:

This is especially annoying when you look at how the US has eleven supercarriers while Russia and China have one rusting carrier each. Not even counting all the STOVL carriers and the carriers of our allies either.

Maybe if we build a few more we can line them up end to end and DRIVE from Alaska to Russia.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spacedad posted:

They also actively trolled him after his dumb plane comment by offering to send him one of their old rickety cold war turbo-props so he could enjoy rushing in from the windows.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/russian-offers-romney-a-plane-whose-windows-open/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

etalian posted:

They also actively trolled him after his dumb plane comment by offering to send him one of their old rickety cold war turbo-props so he could enjoy rushing in from the windows.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/russian-offers-romney-a-plane-whose-windows-open/

You know the sad part? That plane is a god damned awesome plane that can actually fly EXTREMELY slow and backwards.

It has no stall speed and can actually fly as slow as 5 MPH in a headwind.

If it is falling it will fall at the rate of a parachute descent.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 27, 2013

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Affe mk2 posted:

So you have a news article or something for this? It sounds like a hilarious read.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2012/0912/Putin-I-m-grateful-to-Romney-for-proving-me-right-about-missile-defense

quote:

On a US radio show on Monday, Romney doubled down, outlining several ways in which he regarded Moscow as a bad actor on the international stage, and repeated his view that Russia is a "geopolitical adversary" of the US.

"I'm grateful to [Romney] for formulating his stance so clearly, because he has once again proven the correctness of our approach to missile defense problems," Putin told journalists Tuesday.

"The most important thing for us is that even if he doesn't win now, he or a person with similar views may come to power in four years. We must take that into consideration while dealing with security issues for a long perspective," he added.

Putin has been arguing for some time that the US is not dealing fairly with Russia, and is seeking to achieve "absolute invulnerability" in its strategic efforts at the expense of everyone else.

Basically, the US has been trying through diplomacy to get Russia to back down on that missile defense plan - part of the larger disarmament thing. It's also harder to negotiate with a superpower who feels militarily invulnerable.

Romney, being careless and stupid, with his clueles rhetoric, gave Putin liscence to push for that plan. :doh:

When you're a major political figure, careless babble has consequences in diplomacy, and Romney is a loving idiot who did damage to this country's interests without even being in the executive office.

More from Putin:

quote:

"That Mr. Romney considers us to be enemy No. 1 and apparently has bad feelings about Russia is a minus, but, considering that he expresses himself bluntly, openly and clearly, means that he is an open and sincere man, which is a plus," Putin said. "If he is elected president of the US, certainly we will work with him as an elected head of state."

But Romney's tough rhetoric – though it may be largely election sloganeering – does appear to be making what could be a lasting negative impact in Russia's policy-making community, if only by validating pre-existing stereotypes about US hawks.

"[What Romney is saying] is exactly what our generals have been telling us all along, that all these American strategic moves is really aimed against us," says Andrei Klimov, deputy chair of the State Duma's international affairs commission.

"Romney has opened our eyes to the intrigues of American hawks, including the Pentagon and others. Maybe he intends it as election rhetoric, but isn't he expressing what the voters want to hear?" Mr. Klimov says.

"If this is what half of American voters think, then how are we to plan our strategy for years ahead? Romney really has helped us by clearing the fog away from our eyes," he adds.

In conclusion: gently caress you, Mitt Romney.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 27, 2013

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spacedad posted:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2012/0912/Putin-I-m-grateful-to-Romney-for-proving-me-right-about-missile-defense

Basically, the US has been trying through diplomacy to get Russia to back down on that missile defense plan - part of the larger disarmament thing.

Romney, being careless and stupid, with his clueles rhetoric, gave Putin liscence to push for that plan. :doh:

When you're a major political figure, careless babble has consequences in diplomacy, and Romney is a loving idiot who did damage to this country's interests without even being in the executive office.

He basically used Tom Clancy novels for making his list of enemy states from including Russian and China, even though US interests are sensitively entangled in those countries.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

You know the sad part? That plane is a god damned awesome plane that can actually fly EXTREMELY slow and backwards.

It has no stall speed and can actually fly as slow as 5 MPH in a headwind.

If it is falling it will fall at the rate of a parachute descent.

AN-2s are actually pretty cool. They can fly at a stupid low speed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mitchicon posted:

AN-2s are actually pretty cool. They can fly at a stupid low speed.

It can fly BACKWARDS. Lets see Romney's private jet do that :smug:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

etalian posted:

He basically used Tom Clancy novels for making his list of enemy states from including Russian and China, even though US interests are sensitively entangled in those countries.

And he did it in a way that would make Tom Clancy himself smack his forehead in disgust.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

It can fly BACKWARDS. Lets see Romney's private jet do that :smug:

It had another superpower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuT15bo3iP8

Creating a impressively ironic Video PR Op

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spacedad posted:

And he did it in a way that would make Tom Clancy himself smack his forehead in disgust.

I don't know...Tom Clancy is an extremely strong GOP defender, I'm surprised he hasn't made any comments about the last election yet.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

etalian posted:

It had another superpower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuT15bo3iP8

Creating a impressively ironic Video PR Op

I'm surprised he didn't have servants carry him out.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mitchicon posted:

I'm surprised he didn't have servants carry him out.

The worst part of that video is the abuse of Aaron Copeland's 'Fanfare for the Common Man'

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

The worst part of that video is the abuse of Aaron Copeland's 'Ode to the Common Man'

Plus the irony of the composer being being gay and also having a tremendous loathing for the GOP.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

etalian posted:

Plus the irony of the composer being being gay and also having a tremendous loathing for the GOP.

This is pretty common for a lot of artists. Just look at Paul Ryan and his love for Rage Against the Machine, the level of irony is nearly unbearable. I love it when artists tell Republicans to stop using their music.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mitchicon posted:

This is pretty common for a lot of artists. Just look at Paul Ryan and his love for Rage Against the Machine, the level of irony is nearly unbearable. I love it when artists tell Republicans to stop using their music.

Or genius Reagan using "Born in the US' as a jingo Pro-US campaign trail song.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

etalian posted:

Or genius Reagan using "Born in the US' as a jingo Pro-US campaign trail song.

Now, that level of irony is actually painful. I love it when suuuper Patriotic "Real" Americans play that song.

Tetzel
Mar 2, 2010

RIP Lil KM "Philozopher Marximus"

For days now, this account outlived longer than I expected. The gimmick essentially was "realtalk from a marxist perspective." I tried to keep in character as often as I could, but I'm lazy on screenshots. Sick of the grating stress on calling out bigots, I decided to go for a pornless ban-me, and kicked the hyperbole up a notch:

Now, strangely, Kim Thomas liked Lil' KM, even though the account was clearly left and marxist. This was what she posted on my wall as the ship began to sink:

Goodbye, Kim. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gadZeus
Jul 31, 2008

Spacedad posted:

In conclusion: gently caress you, Mitt Romney.

The best part is that a conservative could see all of that and be able to pull "See, he was right all along!" out of it.

• Locked thread