Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Amazing, these people have gotten so paranoid that they will now block and/or delete every thread that they suspect "trolls" in, even when nobody is trolling. Thread title is very accurate.

Somehow I haven't gotten banned yet, though I have found The One Quote that will get any thread deleted. And it's just one sentence from one of the founding fathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Buried alive posted:

Part of this might be the weird fascination they have with all things military, seeing as the AR-15 is a civilian version of the M-16.

Nah, it's not that complicated. They hear the AR-15 being mentioned a lot as something civilians can currently own but perhaps shouldn't, and they freak out and come up with every possible reason to own one that they can, and mention them by name because OUR FREEDOMS.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
Hm, I skimmed through the video and was disappointed to note the lack of trolls calling in. The guy at the end who was talking about being "tainted by a friend" might've been one, but he didn't last long. I got there too late for the live show. When's the next one?

Oh, and since I've been IP banned, I can't see anything on TPC, so can someone let me know what the donations are up to now?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Utz posted:

Hm, I skimmed through the video and was disappointed to note the lack of trolls calling in. The guy at the end who was talking about being "tainted by a friend" might've been one, but he didn't last long. I got there too late for the live show. When's the next one?

Oh, and since I've been IP banned, I can't see anything on TPC, so can someone let me know what the donations are up to now?
It seems to be every weekday at 2PM EST, although if I'm wrong correct me.
There were more goons calling in than you realise

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Inevitable posted:

They say they've blocked donors as trolls accidentally. :woop:

They admitted that?! Holy poo poo. This should be added to the OP cause I say that automatically puts this in the win column.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
Awesome, thanks! We should make an effort to be there in large numbers. I wonder how they select the callers. Anyway, I haven't been as active as I'd've liked because of time constraints, but I love you guys and have to say this is the most fun I've had on SA so far.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

looking.glass.eyes posted:

They admitted that?! Holy poo poo. This should be added to the OP cause I say that automatically puts this in the win column.

It's in the first two minutes or so. And the host complains about the stupid "troll radar" image.

Edit: "When you report this, report it to a moderator… Do not be posting "troll radars" on people's websites. We've actually had donors that got kicked off because we thought they were truly a troll and they weren't."

Inevitable fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 27, 2013

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Inevitable posted:

It's in the first two minutes or so. And the host complains about the stupid "troll radar" image.

Edit: "When you report this, report it to a moderator… Do not be posting "troll radars" on people's websites. We've actually had donors that got kicked off because we thought they were truly a troll and they weren't."

I can't listen at work sadly, I will need to check this out at home though. Great job all.

Edit: So they also admitted to being so lazy that they would essentially just ban users because other users told them to...even better.

looking.glass.eyes fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 27, 2013

l3ruce
Jul 7, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

Made my account as a female. BAM, a dozen friend requests instantly. This should be interesting. My playstyle has been to overlay Hitler/terrible people quotes on portraits of Conservative Heroes (©). It's been working flawlessly so far.

Getting people to unknowingly quote Hitler is something you can do in real life too! :D

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Utz posted:

They are only $21,500 short of the goal for tomorrow's deadline!

Finklemeyer
Oct 29, 2004
Pants?

zylche posted:

It seems to be every weekday at 2PM EST, although if I'm wrong correct me.
There were more goons calling in than you realise

Not every day.

Usually at 2EST there's a delightfully funny liberal talk show. The host, Bradshaw, I'm pretty sure is a goon. He's made reference to swap.avi and a few more SA memes more than once.

He's off this week. I'm not sure what the plan is for when he comes back next week whether he'll be back at this time slot or moved to another.

Keep screwing with these guys, though. At the end of episode 1 Ken talks about fighting "the enemy" which is me. I work in Democratic politics in Des Moines (where WebcastOneLive is based) and that kind of talk combined with their gun fetish frightens me.

Edit: By "screw with them" I mean in completely legal & ethical ways, of course.

Finklemeyer fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 27, 2013

SpeedySurfer
Sep 30, 2008

Nice Davis posted:

They are only $21,500 short of the goal for tomorrow's deadline!

The best thing is, they'll have easily spent more than they've gained due to moving to Amazon.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Finklemeyer posted:

Keep screwing with these guys, though. At the end of episode 1 Ken talks about fighting "the enemy" which is me. I work in Democratic politics in Des Moines (where WebcastOneLive is based) and that kind of talk combined with their gun fetish frightens me.

So is that furnace place any good? I want to believe in my furnace again, the way those people believe in furnaces.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Seriously, Paul Guzda is just the worst person.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Well let's see where this goes.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Gooncalls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ7nIbSuVo&t=1916s
(Not going to say who it is but he can if he wants)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ7nIbSuVo&t=3286s
This was me and they loving cut me off before I could explain what 'tainting' is >:|

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Go to signup and the Captcha challenge phrase is "entitled" :smug:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ahahahahaha come on. Seriously?

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

:golfclap:

Show them this passage, too.

My mind is blown they can see Christian Biblical books in the "Koran" and still not get it. It's almost like they know nothing of the religion/culture they are opposed to!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Ahahahahaha come on. Seriously?

It's a pretty cunning troll.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Michael "Mike" Bowman is an American actor best known for his performance as "Whitey" alongside Jim Carrey, in the 2000 movie, Me, Myself and Irene.

Jesus christ, it's a giant q-tip.

Mimichael Bowbowman

ecce bowmo

Clever ... bowgirljesus..... uhhh............. Just take it.

ON MY HEAD

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Jesus Christ posted:

Gooncalls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ7nIbSuVo&t=1916s
(Not going to say who it is but he can if he wants)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ7nIbSuVo&t=3286s
This was me and they loving cut me off before I could explain what 'tainting' is >:|

I hoped that the first one was going to go with a "there was a black lady paying with food stamps and I upbraided her and everyone applauded me and they gave me my groceries free" stdh.txt, but alas.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

precision posted:

Amazing, these people have gotten so paranoid that they will now block and/or delete every thread that they suspect "trolls" in, even when nobody is trolling. Thread title is very accurate.

Somehow I haven't gotten banned yet, though I have found The One Quote that will get any thread deleted. And it's just one sentence from one of the founding fathers.

This also draws perfect comparisons with how libertarian/authoritarian society would collapse once they have full reign was well. Every true scotsman fights no true scotsman. :freep:

Economy Clown Car fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 28, 2013

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
The goon call-ins were so awesome because of how subtle they were. You couldn't get the hosts to outright disagree with you for racism or whatever. It was especially funny when the caller said "those people" at Whole-Foods and the lady host was all like "I hear your heart." Like saying "I know you are talking about poor black people."

I really wish they weren't so rude to their callers. I would have loved to hear Jesus Christ's explanation on being tainted before they hung up on him. I tried to call over and over again, and got hung up on twice.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

U.S. Barryl posted:

The goon call-ins were so awesome because of how subtle they were. You couldn't get the hosts to outright disagree with you for racism or whatever. It was especially funny when the caller said "those people" at Whole-Foods and the lady host was all like "I hear your heart." Like saying "I know you are talking about poor black people."

I really wish they weren't so rude to their callers. I would have loved to hear Jesus Christ's explanation on being tainted before they hung up on him. I tried to call over and over again, and got hung up on twice.

Yeah I loved the cunning dog whistle calls that got all the positive nodding from the show hosts.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

etalian posted:

It's a pretty cunning troll.

Those people are just idiots. The troll doesn't even bother to hide the fact that they're from the Bible (and one from the Book of Mormon). You'd think they would know Exodus, Chronicles and Kings.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
You know, I think I'm starting to agree with the people who are calling me a masochist for sticking with this. It's just so terrible.

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
Most of these people are hicks that don't "need" AR-15's. However:

StandardVC10 posted:

Nah, it's not that complicated. They hear the AR-15 being mentioned a lot as something civilians can currently own but perhaps shouldn't, and they freak out and come up with every possible reason to own one that they can, and mention them by name because OUR FREEDOMS.

I am not starting a gun debate here. Just wanted to say. If you disagree, it's cool and I will not debate about it and none of you should either.

Realistically any gun is as bad as any other gun as far as active shooter scenarios goes, if you look at the history of massacres most of them were perpetrated using low-caliber handguns; these are easier to conceal and handle to fire more quickly more accurately particularly without experience.

High caliber rifles in shooting sports are necessary because the skill gradient drops off very quickly for low-caliber weapons. Shooting farther = harder shot, more skill involved, more potential for differentiation between competitors; as a result a more involved competition. If you banned the high-caliber rifles you'd just end up with a plateau full of people arguing about who could theoretically shoot a gun farther with accuracy if they could only get their hands on one that could.

So as far as shooting sport goes, they do in fact "need" higher caliber rifles.

Additionally, attachment limitations and the like are largely superficial, and if you ban "assault weapons" you're going to miss lots of rifles that don't meet the criteria but are equally deadly. Limiting a specific type of gun shouldn't be what we are talking about, we should be talking about how to better control all guns better and keep them only in responsible hands.

Also, absolutely amazing troll with the bible verses there. I can't believe those people.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 28, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

djw175 posted:

You know, I think I'm starting to agree with the people who are calling me a masochist for sticking with this. It's just so terrible.

I'm glad you finally brought up the point that "not everyone is okay with taking a life." Hell, if someone attacked me and tried to kill me, if I severely wounded him, I'd be the first person to call an ambulance and try and keep him stable before the ambulance arrived. People act like shooting another person just because it's justified by law means it has no moral or psychological implications to the justified shooter.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

It's an absolute disgrace how people, and the government, treat Native Americans in this country. I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if a majority of the Tea Partiers were openly against any rights for them just out of blind malice, like they are with pretty much any other group that isn't straight and white.

samsquantch1
Feb 18, 2013

djw175 posted:

I was arguing with a guy last week about VAWA. He had posted a crap article that said VAWA's policies lead to more violence against women. I read through the article and read through all the references the article cited. Half the citations said the opposite of what the article claimed they did, most of the others showed what they claimed, but not for the reasons they claimed.

For example, one showed that women who had to file restraining orders experienced more violence. Well, yeah! That's why they had to file the restraining order in the first place. Just having to file the order shows that the person they are dealing with is probably pretty unstable and more prone to violence. The article was trying to blame the violence on the restraining order itself. Trying to point this stuff out to him was impossible, of course.

samsquantch1 fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 28, 2013

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

djw175 posted:

Jesus. These guys definitely don't think before writing or think at all period.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

escape artist posted:

Those people are just idiots. The troll doesn't even bother to hide the fact that they're from the Bible (and one from the Book of Mormon). You'd think they would know Exodus, Chronicles and Kings.

It's sad that the irony is lost on them, only until it's pointed out to them. then they try and backpedal or justify the why they agree with the person that said the quote.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Divine Disclaimer posted:

Most of these people are hicks that don't "need" AR-15's. However:

I am not starting a gun debate here. Just wanted to say. If you disagree, it's cool and I will not debate about it and none of you should either.
<snip>

That's not my point, I understand where this argument is coming from. It's more that since a lot of recent gun debate stuff has mentioned the AR-15, the TPC types attempt to put it everywhere and mention it all that they can, in a reaction of petulance rather than suitability. I was responding to a series of posts asking why they picked the AR-15 specifically, not assault weapons or the accessories that are under scrutiny at the moment.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

djw175 posted:

And yet these loving monsters are actually against the Violence Against Women Act.

TPC logic: Women getting raped is good if they're natives all the time, but it's extra good if the victim is a native, immigrant, or non-white.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

djw175 posted:

People will be terrible no matter how many laws we pass! Therefore, we can't punish them with laws either! :argh:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

escape artist posted:

I'm glad you finally brought up the point that "not everyone is okay with taking a life." Hell, if someone attacked me and tried to kill me, if I severely wounded him, I'd be the first person to call an ambulance and try and keep him stable before the ambulance arrived. People act like shooting another person just because it's justified by law means it has no moral or psychological implications to the justified shooter.

Grey areas of morality don't exist for these people. When I was doing my first long-con gimmick before it got banned for posting that "I don't think Obama is literally Hitler" image macro, I suggested that morality isn't black and white, citing the use of nuclear weapons against the Japanese: I was then told that the bombings were a purely good act and that all of the civilians deserved to die because they allowed their government to be bad. So I presented the "is it wrong for a man to steal bread to feed his starving family" dilemma and nobody seemed to understand it because 'thou shalt not steal', instead railing on me for the idea that a man would allow himself to become starving because he was lazy and that I was such a lib that the only solution I could think of was stealing.

Anything that they think is justified is purestrain goodness.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 28, 2013

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I Fought The Mom posted:

I was then told that the bombings were a purely good act and that all of the civilians deserved to die because they allowed their government to be bad.

Well I guess everyone on TPC deserves to die because they allowed Obama to be elected. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I Fought The Mom posted:

Grey areas of morality don't exist for these people. When I was doing my first long-con gimmick before it got banned for posting that "I don't think Obama is literally Hitler" image macro, I suggested that morality isn't black and white, citing the use of nuclear weapons against the Japanese: I was then told that the bombings were a purely good act and that all of the civilians deserved to die because they allowed their government to be bad. So I presented the "is it wrong for a man to steal bread to feed his starving family" dilemma and nobody seemed to understand it because 'thou shalt not steal', instead railing on me for the idea that a man would allow himself to become starving because he was lazy and that I was such a lib that the only solution I could think of was stealing.

Anything that they think is justified is purestrain goodness.

'America, reap what you sow.' - Tupac Shakur

• Locked thread