Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Yardbomb posted:

I still don't understand how these people care SO MUCH (So much) about fetuses, but are totally cool with just dumping children and babies into poverty and lives of extreme hardship, right after they pop out of that hole. New resident TPC person, I'd like for you to weigh in on this and explain it to me. My poor LIEberal brain just can't work out the mental gymnastics you people somehow manage on a daily basis.

Because Jesus loves babies and hates sinners. Once they are out of that hole, they have the taint of original sin on them and should be made to suffer (unless you are born into a rich, white family).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

lushka16 posted:

This basically explains it.

Tea Partiers are too dumb to use Google and expect everyone else to be just as dumb because they think they're actually the smart ones. Here, WhackAWonderful, look at how dumb you are:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures-4359.asp

quote:

Before the abortion procedure, you will need to
  • discuss your options
  • talk about your medical history
  • have laboratory tests
  • have a physical exam — which may include an ultrasound
  • read and sign papers

Get yourself some basic information age skills and get back to us.

Vienna Circlejerk fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 28, 2013

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

lushka16 posted:

This basically explains it.

I am pretty sure that an ultrasound is required, although in the person I know's case, it was simply to ensure that there WAS something there before they went through with the procedure. I'm guessing the pill route doesn't require that.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

sleepwalkers posted:

I am pretty sure that an ultrasound is required, although in the person I know's case, it was simply to ensure that there WAS something there before they went through with the procedure. I'm guessing the pill route doesn't require that.

Well, the pill only stops implantation to begin with. So if she was already pregnant it wouldn't have worked.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sleepwalkers posted:

The real issue is states are requiring the ultrasound in all procedures and mandating that the woman has to look at it so she 'understands the consequences'.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Well, the pill only stops implantation to begin with. So if she was already pregnant it wouldn't have worked.

I think he meant Plan B.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

I'm talking about this pill.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
So, which ones have you guys gotten? http://www.says-it.com/achievement/
I know I've gotten a few of these:

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

McDowell posted:

The real issue is states are requiring the ultrasound in all procedures and mandating that the woman has to look at it so she 'understands the consequences'.

As Planned Parenthood themselves state, it may be part of an exam. The exam is required, which makes sense in a medical procedure.

SonicBoom
Jul 12, 2010

WhackAWonderful posted:

A ultrasound is required by Planned Parenthood prior to an abortion. Should the woman be farther along than she thought, the fee for the "service" will be higher. So it's invasive for one but not the other? Parallax Scroll..so you're telling me that 3000 babies aborted every day in this country are caused by rape? Wow, crime must be worse than I thought. And when she aborts, she's going to have worse than that put inside her. As for Nice Davis....you know some of my opinions, you don't know me. You don't know if I'm low income, a rape victim..you know nothing. Everyone on the Tea Part site is lumped into one group. I don't assume all liberal or progressive people hold the same traits and opinions. Why lump us all together? If I attempt to answer everyone here (you're all so friendly) I'm sure I'll be banned for double posting. So I'll leave you to your own devices..whatever they may be. :)

Sidestep to avoid confirming what someone correctly guessed, passive aggressiveness (smiley), scare quotes, a variant of 'liberals are the real racists (judging people whatever)', false equivalencies (a woman electing to have one for safety reasons v the government forcing one for no reason), trying to be absurd and instead being correct (Rape is pretty common we should do something about that!), [citation needed] on numbers and techniques, and leaving because you're afraid of the response. Reminds me of a lot arguments I've had with conservatives in my family.

I've been following the threads since day one but I can't bring myself to troll. I'm positive I'll run into family on there and see them posting Moochelle Obongo pictures and never be able to talk to them again.

RaspberryCommie posted:

S/he means RU-486 that induces abortion at very early stages. They don't have to 'go in', so to speak.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

McDowell posted:

I think he meant Plan B.

Oh, right. Never mind then.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Paradox Personified posted:

So, which ones have you guys gotten? http://www.says-it.com/achievement/
I know I've gotten a few of these:

This, only times infinity.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

Oh, right. Never mind then.

I don't mean Plan B, either. Check my link a few posts up.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci
Got it!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Because Jesus loves babies and hates sinners. Once they are out of that hole, they have the taint of original sin on them and should be made to suffer (unless you are born into a rich, white family).

Actually there is a concept called the "age of accountability" or "age of innocence" among Christian and Jewish traditions that states that young children are not responsible for their sins until that age, which is usually around 13 or 20. This isn't explicitly stated in the Bible, though there are supporting passages for which the term is derived:

quote:

Deuteronomy 1:39 ESV
And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it.

James 4:17 ESV
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Matthew 19:14 ESV
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

http://www.openbible.info/topics/age_of_accountability

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I'm still working towards my big achievement:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mercury_Storm posted:

Actually there is a concept called the "age of accountability" among Christian and Jewish traditions that states that young children are not responsible for their sins until that age, which is usually around 13 or 20. This isn't explicitly stated in the Bible, though there are supporting passages for which the term is derived:

I was just explaining the Tea Party mindset. Very informative, though.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci
I got so close. This is the next one I need.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Nice Davis posted:

I'm still working towards my big achievement:

You should have named it "Hypocratic Oath"

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Also, still grinding this one.

\/\/\/ AKA, Accidental JimRob

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well it's good when a MMO has achievements to provide incentive to keep people playing.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

etalian posted:

Well it's good when a MMO has achievements to provide incentive to keep people playing.

Yeah but it's not even fun when the other side can't/won't read the patchnotes so they have no idea how anything works.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I was just explaining the Tea Party mindset. Very informative, though.

Yeah I know! I'm just trying to get at the hypocrisy among these self-righteous far-right people who probably haven't read an actual Bible themselves in their entire lives, yet hold it up as a perfect idol (decried as a sin in the book itself) free from error that they claim to base their morality on.

I wonder if the guy doing nothing but posting (often contrarian) Bible verses in TPC has been banned yet? :allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's only a matter of time until this one pops.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Shall we, Soro Screw?
Hm, trying the attachment [img] thing for a title but it no worky since the attachment doesn't end in a file format... Ehhh???? Can an experienced goon help out, I thought this was how it went.

Edit: AAAA Dammit img codes aren't allowed anymore in the text. AAAAA. A loving mod? A caring mod? Help us, hear our cry?

Why is this not a thing? Because that is drat awesome!

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.
So I was following the VAWA thread, and I cam back from dinner to see this:

RIP

What got you banned?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Wet and ready posted:

What got you banned?

Asking why the government can ban gay people but can't require background checks for people buying guns.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I'm not sure whether I should be proud or not. :smuggo:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Here's an easy one

Edit: Whatever I'm not going to go back and shorten the description

Tetzel
Mar 2, 2010

What have I become? :negative:

e:

Shall we, Soro Screw?
Hm, trying the attachment [img] thing for a title but it no worky since the attachment doesn't end in a file format... Ehhh???? Can an experienced goon help out, I thought this was how it went.

Edit: AAAA Dammit img codes aren't allowed anymore in the text. AAAAA. A loving mod? A caring mod? Help us, hear our cry?

Truly, Bowman's hat has become the symbol of this entire event. And it is wonderful.

Tetzel fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 28, 2013

flatpack flapjack
Aug 13, 2006

Satan destroys you // but Jesus puts you in a bowl and smokes you

djw175 posted:

Asking why the government can ban gay people but can't require background checks for people buying guns.

That actually makes me kind of sad. I really appreciated your frank but almost...kind treatment of them. And the fact that a few people responded in kind gave me the tiniest bit of hope.

That said, I just started up a deep-cover account. Will report to Soros HQ when sufficiently embedded. :unsmigghh:

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Shall we, Soro Screw?

That looks drat good. I'll have to get another character at or beyond Michael Beyonceman to earn one.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Everyday a Bush isn't the president a white man sheds a tear...

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

The site has a little disclaimer saying that the site's mission is to provide a place for discussion, blah, blah, and also "restore America to its rightful place as the greatest nation."

So I decided to ask a sensible poll.

Whelp.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
C'mon, I need some of these close ones done to get the 3rd check.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Oh Paypal! (No surprise there).

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Who is Tyran and why isn't he there? :ohdear:

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

JohnSherman posted:

I'm not sure whether I should be proud or not. :smuggo:

Whoever made the Pisschrist one gets that achievement, as well, since I crossposted that to my own Facebook. :black101:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

TVarmy posted:

The site has a little disclaimer saying that the site's mission is to provide a place for discussion, blah, blah, and also "restore America to its rightful place as the greatest nation."

So I decided to ask a sensible poll.

Whelp.

Post that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Tetzel posted:

What have I become? :negative:

I feel your pain. I've done this too drat much.

I've earned this one thrice over:

• Locked thread