Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.
I don't have PMs, how would I go about getting the password for the IRC channel? Email is potatoface 81 at g mail dot com if anyone wants to help a brother out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho

U.S. Barryl posted:

A few days back I posted this:

I just thought it was crazy that somebody would say such a thing. Clearly just one crazy dude.

Then today:

Is nuking Detroit something they want to put on the table? Say what you will about drone strikes, but these people love atomic bombs.

:allears: Liberals: the reason the auto industry had to abandon Detroit

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Divine Disclaimer posted:

:allears: Liberals: the reason the auto industry had to abandon Detroit

This is actually infuriating as it shows how destructive capitalism can be yet these idiots blame it on hurf durf LIEberals.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would also like to request a PM for the IRC info

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
I just upgraded just to get in on this IRC action. Please toss me a PM.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Sent to both of you knuckleheads. GO FORTH AND gently caress IN THE EARHOLE.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mitchicon posted:

This is actually infuriating as it shows how destructive capitalism can be yet these idiots blame it on hurf durf LIEberals.

Because they blame Unions and the Great Society, with deeply racialized memories of the Detroit Riots. Some other has to be at fault for Detroit, not an industry that got complacent or the inherent flaws of pursuing infinite growth, profit, and production.

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

I was going good with my gimmick account today. I was laughing at how easily I was able to manipulate facts with these bigots until a couple people commented on the pictures I had uploaded. They were simply asking about a car and how a similar one related to their lives. Each one had a story and they seemed human for a second. That's when it hit me. There are actually real people spouting this drivel. This was so much more fun when I only dealt with the truly evil ones. I actually feel like a dick now for leading some of these people on. I do not think I am cut out for this trolling. I do want to call out my thanks to Mr Goatman today for all the pictures. I never thought I would be relieved to see that spread anus. Bravo!

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
It amazes me how bad these people are at spotting non-blatant trolls. I could almost do an academic paper on this. Is it because of their unfamiliarity with the written word, or is it just an inability to use and/or identify irony?

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Tjadeth posted:

It amazes me how bad these people are at spotting non-blatant trolls. I could almost do an academic paper on this. Is it because of their unfamiliarity with the written word, or is it just an inability to use and/or identify irony?

I know of at least three books on the Tea Party. All academic texts. It's quite the trend right now in Political Science.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Which ever one of you is Alex Turin you're doing a poor job at trolling. Too reactionary.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citation_needed

I capped more images, but I don't want to flood the thread with 14 images, so here's a link to the album on imgur, unfortunately I had an upload error and have duplicates in the album, but oh well. http://imgur.com/a/IIVFN

Also, I tried getting PMs, but my bank doesn't like SA or SA doesn't like my bank or something, so my mail is REDACTED. I've never used IRC before, but I'll learn for you guys.

This gimmick brought to you by the Zero-Width space http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_space

DA PANET EARF fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 7, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DA PANET EARF posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citation_needed

I capped more images, but I don't want to flood the thread with 14 images, so here's a link to the album on imgur, unfortunately I had an upload error and have duplicates in the album, but oh well. http://imgur.com/a/IIVFN

Also, I tried getting PMs, but my bank doesn't like SA or SA doesn't like my bank or something, so my mail is "mr da panet earf at g mail dot com" (with no spaces obviously). I've never used IRC before, but I'll learn for you guys.

This gimmick brought to you by the Zero-Width space http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_space

I always love how they jump on Kerry, even though he is a Vietnam Vet, and that Casa Dice Bar must be a popular hang out for the local skin heads or something.

And the Keystone Pipeline....man if that isn't an indicator of how addicted we are to oil I don't know what is. Even if its supposed to be about the supposed jobs it would create (which would be almost none), its like a meth addict screaming for just a couple more dollars for another hit.

And that drat checklist with Tea Party coming out on top against the Occupy Movement....I've noticed the Tea Party seems to ignore their own connections to known white supremacist groups and hate groups...

As a humanist, I always hope for the best for humanity, but the Tea Party sometimes makes me sure that our species is doomed. I hate people.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 7, 2013

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci
Play along at home!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

And the Keystone Pipeline....man if that isn't an indicator of how addicted we are to oil I don't know what is. Even if its supposed to be about the supposed jobs it would create (which would be almost none), its like a meth addict screaming for just a couple more dollars for another hit.

Funny thing is it's not even meant to feed our addiction. It's to move oil to port for export. I guess you could argue that increased international supply would maybe drive prices down a little bit, but even that is pretty doubtful.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

Funny thing is it's not even meant to feed our addiction. It's to move oil to port for export. I guess you could argue that increased international supply would maybe drive prices down a little bit, but even that is pretty doubtful.

That too is a fun fact that the majority of the Tea Party and supporters of the Keystone Project fail to cover: It isn't even FOR increasing our energy independence, its to ship it elsewhere.

Not to mention the fact that most of our petroleum woes are related to lack of refineries and not crude and supply

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Most of the resistance to the Keystone pipeline seems to be coming from local NIMBYism, and not environmental concerns. If you look at the land it cuts through those are not Blue states.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
Also any job increases would be for like, 2 months as that individual stretch is completed. Also, tar sands / fracking etc. has a lot of bad potential for environmental damage and hurting humans nearby as well, even if that danger hasn't yet been realized.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Also any job increases would be for like, 2 months as that individual stretch is completed. Also, tar sands / fracking etc. has a lot of bad potential for environmental damage and hurting humans nearby as well, even if that danger hasn't yet been realized.

The sheer amount of fraud that has been committed in the name of Fracking is a pretty good indicator that it isn't a good idea. There has already been two University of Texas Professors suspended after it came out they are on the board for a fracking group and they conducted studies showing fracking was perfectly safe.

http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2012/12/06/review-of-ut-fracking-study-finds-failure-to-disclose-conflict-of-interest/

This and the University of Tennessee has decided it was to do fracking on public land in Tennssee. Hooray.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

That too is a fun fact that the majority of the Tea Party and supporters of the Keystone Project fail to cover: It isn't even FOR increasing our energy independence, its to ship it elsewhere.

Not to mention the fact that most of our petroleum woes are related to lack of refineries and not crude and supply

It just shows how many of their beliefs are tossed down by corporations why would the average person care if the oil companies got to build a pipeline to export oil. Even if you were super pro-America you would want us to stockpile our oil and gently caress everyone else.

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
Keep getting calls, how is operation Be Reasonable doing?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Not to mention using the Alberta Tar Sands as the source which is one the worst ways to get energy in terms of greenhouse gas release.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

etalian posted:

Not to mention using the Alberta Tar Sands as the source which is one the worst ways to get energy in terms of greenhouse gas release.

:ssh: But Global Warming/Climate Change is just a liebral scam, they just don't want us to have JOBS.

If I had a death with, I'd walk into a Tea Party meeting and just scream JOBS really loud and watch them look around like confused dogs wondering where that ball you threw went.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 7, 2013

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!
Liz Dudley has important advice, but it seems like overkill to me:

If a gimmick meet a gimmick, coming through the rye:

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
So, my deep cover account ate a ban today.
He had a good run, though.

He started off spamming Warhammer 40,000 quotes on everything.

He then made a troll poll.
He even got to see how each person voted, so that dirty laundry could be aired publicly.

Eventually, he got so angry that he tried something drastic - "spying" on the Goons!

It didn't go well.

Sadly, Jonah was taken by a tragic accident.

His son took over the account, and was a little upset by what he found.

It didn't take long for the mods to crack down, though. Zeke caught a ban within 15 minutes.

And thus ends the saga of Jonah Orion.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I rolled a basic account and am mostly just looking at the poop, not touching the poop.

What's the IRC deets? PM me.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neodymium posted:

And thus ends the saga of Jonah Orion.

Looks like he was possessed by a daemon.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

overdesigned posted:

I rolled a basic account and am mostly just looking at the poop, not touching the poop.

What's the IRC deets? PM me.

I wonder what he thinks of violent felons being denied the vote. :allears:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CommieGIR posted:

I always love how they jump on Kerry, even though he is a Vietnam Vet.
I find that people who use military service as a patriotism trump card are the first people to discredit your service the moment they disagree with you.

Kerry was in Vietnam, Bush was in the National Guard. Can you imagine if the roles were switched?

"Oh Kerry that yella bellied draft dodger went to the National Guard"

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

looking.glass.eyes posted:

Play along at home!

That Free Space is a beautiful thing. Bravo! :golfclap:

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Shadeoses posted:

Looks like he was possessed by a daemon.

Once the spy incident started, Tzeentch took the wheel.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Also, for anyone still baffled by the Tea Party mindset, Here is a useful primer.

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.
Since he's not long for the world, OCD Spelling Guy speaks out:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Bob Ross's return from the hereafter was sadly short-lived

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Wet and ready posted:

Since he's not long for the world, OCD Spelling Guy speaks out:

OCD, dude, you missed the very first one. *strategy

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.

dee eight posted:

Yeah, I don't really have OCD. It is actually pretty hard to catch them all.

It's a lot of fun when they complain, though. Then I get to point out the importance of spelling in serious discourse.
I figure I'll get banned pretty soon.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

dee eight posted:

The best part of this is "it's biggest strength".

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
That's some of the best trollin' there are.

Do we know how many chans there are, or have they gotten totally out of hand?

May I ask how you did the creepy text for the dead painter? It's super weird.

Divine Disclaimer fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 7, 2013

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009

Divine Disclaimer posted:

May I ask how you did the creepy text for the dead painter? It's super weird.

Zalgo. ZALGO. Z̙ͨͩLͪ̽ͨG̈Ö́͑!̀̓ͨ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Another person who says he wants to shoot the president. Though after he's called out on it he does admit that he got "carried away."

• Locked thread