Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Refind Chaos posted:

[RANT]I guess mine is less a pic image, and more of a general rant, but gently caress all of it. Growing up on a ranch, I hate seeing people driving pick-up trucks. We actually had a small ranch, and we built houses on the side. We, my family, had one pick-up truck,and one 4wd vehicle. Both of these met ALL of our needs. Whether hauling cattle or picking up supplies for building a whole goddman house. We needed nothing more than a full-size pick-up or a standard SUV of the time (1980-2000 Chevy Blazer) None of that trailBlazer BS. Everything we needed to do to run a 200+ Acre ranch we could do with those two vehicles. Now a days you see loving crew cab construction vehicles running around doing nothing more than loving looking "stylish" cuz "I might need to move a sofa or something someday."

I know this makes me a bit pissy, but gently caress all I grew up with pick-ups and suvs, and I loving hate driving the loving things cuz frankly they are work vehicles to me. I really don't get the US' addiction to these vehicles since they are a pain in the rear end to drive, and horrible to look at.[/RANT]

Sorry I don't have any images, but today I saw no less than two vehicles deserving of being in this thread. One had the rear passenger side quarter panel held on with seeminly only a ratcheted belt, and the other was two vehicles, both fords, with no less than 6 inch lifts, that have obviously never seen dirt much less mud, and giant truck nuts.

That reminds me of a truck I saw the other day with a contractor's logo on the side and a rack system apparatus in the back with tools and ladders. It was on 19" rims.

Content

The NJ DMV has webcams at their state inspection locations so you can see how long the line is before you go. I don't think these guys are going to pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Virginia is for cum lovers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

The NJ DMV has webcams at their state inspection locations so you can see how long the line is before you go. I don't think these guys are going to pass.

Really? It's probably the safest car in that lot and it also doesn't pollute, I don't see what DMV's problem would be.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Refind Chaos posted:

[RANT]I guess mine is less a pic image, and more of a general rant, but gently caress all of it. Growing up on a ranch, I hate seeing people driving pick-up trucks. We actually had a small ranch, and we built houses on the side. We, my family, had one pick-up truck,and one 4wd vehicle. Both of these met ALL of our needs. Whether hauling cattle or picking up supplies for building a whole goddman house. We needed nothing more than a full-size pick-up or a standard SUV of the time (1980-2000 Chevy Blazer) None of that trailBlazer BS. Everything we needed to do to run a 200+ Acre ranch we could do with those two vehicles. Now a days you see loving crew cab construction vehicles running around doing nothing more than loving looking "stylish" cuz "I might need to move a sofa or something someday."

I know this makes me a bit pissy, but gently caress all I grew up with pick-ups and suvs, and I loving hate driving the loving things cuz frankly they are work vehicles to me. I really don't get the US' addiction to these vehicles since they are a pain in the rear end to drive, and horrible to look at.[/RANT]

Sorry I don't have any images, but today I saw no less than two vehicles deserving of being in this thread. One had the rear passenger side quarter panel held on with seeminly only a ratcheted belt, and the other was two vehicles, both fords, with no less than 6 inch lifts, that have obviously never seen dirt much less mud, and giant truck nuts.

Enjoy.
(Seen on the back of a trailer being pulled by an equally "modified" truck in good old Lakeland, FL)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Which says a lot, since essentially all they check any more is emissions. I sent my son over to Deptford in a '74 Dart with a missing rearview mirror, no working horn, and dodgy brakes (he was supposed to fix them all before he went over); came back with a 2-year sticker.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 10, 2013

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

PainterofCrap posted:

...essentially all they check any more is emissions.
Well in that case, wouldn't they pass? No combustion, no emissions. :haw:

Stick some monitors in the windshield and this might just pass for one of those arcade simulators.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Assuming that's an FF layout car, Would that not just tip onto it's nose the first time you hit the brakes?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
To move in the first place it'd need a gas tank... somewhere

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Washer fluid reservoir

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I was thinking the center console under the armrest because gently caress it at that point why not

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Snowdens Secret posted:

I was thinking the center console under the armrest because gently caress it at that point why not

Naw, cake tin in the passenger foot-well, sealed with araldite.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

kastein posted:

Is the whole "one purple headlight and one green headlight" thing a fad/trend among ricers, or is it just ultra lovely bulbs, or what? I think I've asked this before, but not sure, and I keep seeing it around here.

Heterochromia is really popular with kids these days for some reason.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

West SAAB Story posted:

Heterochromia is really popular with kids these days for some reason.

To the lesser extent what is with all the yellow driving lights? Its coming back in a big way with Ricers

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Cenodoxus posted:

Stick some monitors in the windshield and this might just pass for one of those arcade simulators.

Power/weight ratio is all that matters:colbert:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Power/weight ratio is all that matters:colbert:

The Bugatti Veyron would like to have a word :colbert:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Measly Twerp posted:

Naw, cake tin in the passenger foot-well, sealed with araldite.

I was really hoping araldite would be some kind of plastic explosive I'd not heard of, but it's just an epoxy. :(

Regardless, dudes driving half-cuts around looks like stupidly dangerous fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__4wuGLTAM

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Boat posted:

I was really hoping araldite would be some kind of plastic explosive I'd not heard of, but it's just an epoxy. :(

Spine? Who needs one of those?

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

To the lesser extent what is with all the yellow driving lights? Its coming back in a big way with Ricers

It's called Selective Yellow. It hits the most sensitive absorption frequency in the retina, so it appears brighter for each lux thrown, and, because it's a single frequency it focuses basically perfectly. Same reason people doing visual tasks in low light will occasionally don yellow glasses.

Of course, in the real world, the lux advantage is kinda undone because you have a white bulb that you then filter down to just selective yellow, dimming the output; the focus advantage is still there and is honestly fantastic.

LMP1 race cars also have selective yellow headlights; maybe the theory is that you'll mistake a lowered Accord for a serious bit of racing kit. And if you're in France, they used to be standard there until the EEC made them change it.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Falkenbok posted:

And if you're in France, they used to be standard there until the EEC made them change it.

In 1975 when my family moved from Switzerland to France my father had to get new yellow headlamp lenses for the Opel Commodore to comply with the law. It was weird at first, seeing rivers of yellow light at night, but we got used to it; it was always easy to pick out non-French cars at night, since everywhere else in the (rational) world used standard headlamps.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boat posted:

This is in completely the wrong thread, that looks like about the most fun possible with one's pants on.

I'm pretty sure they should have mounted some skis to the back with lag bolts to make it dig in a bit less on landing though.

e: for that matter, it only has two wheels. Doesn't that mean it belongs in CA? :v:

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 11, 2013

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

kastein posted:

This is in completely the wrong thread, that looks like about the most fun possible with one's pants on.

I'm pretty sure they should have mounted some skis to the back with lag bolts to make it dig in a bit less on landing though.

e: for that matter, it only has two wheels. Doesn't that mean it belongs in CA? :v:

Well I'm sure not going to stop you from going over to CA and posting about a custom bike doing wheelies and stoppies.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Words fail me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There's two state troopers inspecting.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

So will his brakes.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Godholio posted:

So will his brakes.

No way....U Haul trailer surge brakes are AWESOME.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Maybe the surge brakes are awesome, but that fifth wheel has no way of using its brakes and it probably weighs 8,000-10,000 lbs by itself. Any serious breaking will jackknife that concoction.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

Maybe the surge brakes are awesome

I've obviously forgotten to add a sarcasm tag to that post.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Sorry :(. I used to tow a fifth wheel and I get cold sweats just looking at at.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

TotalLossBrain posted:

Maybe the surge brakes are awesome, but that fifth wheel has no way of using its brakes and it probably weighs 8,000-10,000 lbs by itself. Any serious breaking will jackknife that concoctionresult in breaking.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
0-60 time: 18 minutes
60-0 time: 5 lanes of highway and several wrecker crews

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
It's not always a Fiero...

e: So what you say? I have one word for you. "Unibody".

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 11, 2013

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

General_Failure posted:

I kinda like it in the way that I like quirky ugly cars like that. Unless it's something stupid underneath all that bodywork.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

General_Failure posted:

Lengthened Niva?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cenodoxus posted:

You laugh, but in AZ for most cars somewhere between 1979 and 1995 (I don't know where it begins, other than that our '79 280ZX was the old idle/loaded test and my '88 Volvo was the newer acceleration/deceleration test, and it stops with OBDII cars) the emissions test involves accelerating and maintaining speed within a certain range on a dyno. Too slow and it will fail the car.

The 1992 Corsica I borrowed could only go fast enough when the old-timer got in and floored it every time he had to accelerate. The 1995 Saturn SL1 I tried to sell (ended up being donated) actually wouldn't pass because the transmission would start slipping too badly at WOT.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
There is definitely a bit of a Niva in that thing.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

A Sloth posted:

There is definitely a bit of a Niva in that thing.

There is, but they extended the body forward of the cabin. I really hate to think how they did that with a unibody. Just like so many other cars I have to ask why, because the cabin always looks like total rear end.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

I saw it again.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

DropShadow posted:

I saw it again.

:psyduck:

The stretch PT Cruisavan.

Oh God... are those... fatty tires? :barf:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

It's a PT Cruiser mated with a Chevy Venture, why the gently caress would anyone want to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Zeether posted:

It's a PT Cruiser mated with a Chevy Venture, why the gently caress would anyone want to do that?

A stretched Venture!