Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Stealing from the last thread because goddamn if I haven't been laughing for 10 minutes now. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man is the best.

Anyway, a few of my favorites from the past few years. Can't remember which ones I posted in the last thread or not, but ah well! Super sad I can't afford SDCC this year since getting cosplay photos down there is my favorite time of year, but hopefully I can get some decent shots at Wondercon. :(

Friend of mine as Tenel Ka. I know nothing of the SW expanded universe, but I thought the costume had effort!

And some from SDCC '11 and '12

And because he can't be posted enough:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

I'm assuming the sword effects are photoshop but still sweet drat are those good costumes.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Kalos posted:

I'm assuming the sword effects are photoshop but still sweet drat are those good costumes.

Nope! They were LED-lit or something and very bright in person. Still two of the best MCs I've seen yet, and I wish I had a way to take video of them at the time. They even moved like some kind of sci-fi military armor. Not blocky or restricting at all but still with some weight to them. They were closer to how smoothly Iron Man moved in the films than what you'd typically expect from Master Chief cosplay.

Axel Serenity has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Mar 13, 2013

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Axel Serenity posted:

Friend of mine as Tenel Ka. I know nothing of the SW expanded universe, but I thought the costume had effort!

Nice, even has the Rancor tooth lightsaber! I want to say Tenel Ka was a redhead, though, but I forgive her.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Axel Serenity posted:

Stealing from the last thread because goddamn if I haven't been laughing for 10 minutes now. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man is the best.

Then I'm going to steal my own joke from the last thread :ssh:

Man, that's some great Dee Reynolds cosplay. :haw:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
The Queen of Blades, Sarah Kerrigan, from StarCraft:

Here is the album. Her site says that she was at the store to get a collector's edition of StarCraft 2 signed by the developers which she gave as a gift to her gamer boyfriend.

And here is some more Kerrigan cosplay:

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Thwack! posted:

Forgive me for this, but I believe it was based on one of Tomomi Kobayashi's illustrations of the characters in this game. This one in particular. It doesn't change the fact that it's great cosplay.

Wow I never got to really see the actual character design for the game. All I had at the time was the Brady Games guide with horrible copy/paste action so everything looked distorted and terrible. I definitely am going to have to google his art for the other characters.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Axel Serenity posted:

And because he can't be posted enough:

I know I'm going against the popular opinion here but I really can't stand this guy. All I've heard of him is that he's really arrogant and acts like a massive diva.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Mr. Mallory posted:

I know I'm going against the popular opinion here but I really can't stand this guy. All I've heard of him is that he's really arrogant and acts like a massive diva.

So what you're saying is he is the perfect Joker? :confused:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mr. Mallory posted:

Cosplay always involves high school levels of drama and cliques. It's best if you avoid talking to or learning about any major cosplayer.

The Adama
Jan 6, 2003

EJO has always got your back. Shouldn't you return the favor?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Then I'm going to steal my own joke from the last thread :ssh:

Man, that's some great Dee Reynolds cosplay. :haw:

Ha, that was good. My wife and I have been joking(barely) about doing a Charlie and Dee "sleep outfit" costume, but I have no idea if anyone would recognize it, or just think we were homeless people who snuck into a con.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Flanker posted:

Toronto Comicon:

Handmade classic Star Trek

I do believe that's the wrong division symbol. :colbert:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mr. Mallory posted:

All I know is the guy held a fan art contest of... himself. I never did hear what the prize for winning was but I'm hoping it turned out to be an autographed headshot.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Gackt posted:

All I know is the guy held a fan art contest of... himself. I never did hear what the prize for winning was but I'm hoping it turned out to be an autographed headshot.

That's pretty wacky, but I don't know if any cosplayer will ever be more pathetic than the really short Iron Man guy who entered himself in a children's costume contest on K-mart's website.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Mr. Mallory posted:

That's sound like my opinion of Jessica Nigri, I can't stand her.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Oh god, no. Please do not start a derail about Jessica Nigri, it will go nowhere fast.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

rodbeard posted:

Cosplay always involves high school levels of drama and cliques. It's best if you avoid talking to or learning about any major cosplayer.

No, it doesn't. Most of us are normal-rear end people who like to look loving badass on the weekends.

I was avoiding a self-post until now but now I'm slightly grumpy.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mr. Mallory posted:

Unless the cosplayer is Anthony Le, all that should really matter is what the person looks like in pictures, and not what they act like outside of their pictures. Lemme know when this guy enters contents for children, and we'll talk.

Lance Streetman posted:

Oh god, no. Please do not start a derail about Jessica Nigri, it will go nowhere fast.

Wrong. It'll go somewhere AMAZING!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Jamesman posted:

Unless the cosplayer is Anthony Le, all that should really matter is what the person looks like in pictures, and not what they act like outside of their pictures. Lemme know when this guy enters contents for children, and we'll talk.

Wrong. It'll go somewhere AMAZING!

Was totally going to ask why she has steam coming from her heels. Then I remembered the character and figured it out. :v:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

McPantserton posted:

No, it doesn't. Most of us are normal-rear end people who like to look loving badass on the weekends.

I'm exaggerating. I just don't want this thread to turn into anything resembling cgl on 4chan. You do look badass by the way.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

rodbeard posted:

I'm exaggerating. I just don't want this thread to turn into anything resembling cgl on 4chan. You do look badass by the way.

Thanks! I'm the big gold one. :)

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

McPantserton posted:

Thanks! I'm the big gold one. :)

How heavy was that? And were those Splicer weapons real?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Aleph Null posted:

How heavy was that? And were those Splicer weapons real?

It's made mostly out of insulation foam, so not too bad, maybe ~30 pounds? It's hot as hell in there, though, even with the fan we put in so it's still maybe a half hour max wear time before you want a break.

For the weapons, I made the claws on the fox mask guy, they're sheet masonite and pleather strapping with a super elaborate paintjob. The Adam syringe is a real vintage gas nozzle with a wood base/needle, and an old oregano bottle filled with red gatorade. Hard to see in that picture but the splicer in the background has a modded plastic shotgun with unfortunate orange cap as was required by the con we were at.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

McPantserton posted:

This is really awesome :) my only minor, teeny gripe is the missing rubber bottle nipple on the Little Sister syringe. Other than that, the makeup and costume work is really fantastic!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Ozz81 posted:

This is really awesome :) my only minor, teeny gripe is the missing rubber bottle nipple on the Little Sister syringe. Other than that, the makeup and costume work is really fantastic!

I think it fell off and got lost in transit or something, I know she had one but it doesn't look like it's there for that photoshoot (which was the last time we wore that costume, as well). Thanks!

leg bones
Jan 14, 2011

co-dependent villain

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Haaaaa, that really makes me want to see people dressed as superheroes posing with common weapons. Maybe Superman with a switchblade or Hulk trying to mace someone.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Boomerjinks posted:

Haaaaa, that really makes me want to see people dressed as superheroes posing with common weapons. Maybe Superman with a switchblade or Hulk trying to mace someone.

Wolverine with nun chucks

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Flanker posted:

Toronto Comicon:

Handmade classic Star Trek

She looks like the spitting image of Claudia Black, unless I'm being dumb and it is her.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Shirt cell phone pic as I'm still at the con but I just saw this.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ho. Ly. Crap.
I love those costumes. Hope you get some high quality pictures.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Liar Lyre posted:

Ho. Ly. Crap.
I love those costumes. Hope you get some high quality pictures.

I know I have at least one. If not I'm sure I'll catch them again before the end of the day.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Are you at Orlando Megacon? I have a ton of photos I took there today that I'll have to drop into the thread at some point.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Polaron posted:

Are you at Orlando Megacon? I have a ton of photos I took there today that I'll have to drop into the thread at some point.

Lexington ky comic and toy convention.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Prepare for image dump, just got back from Lexington Comic Con.

The awesome Dragonzord costume from earlier.

Red Skull and WW2 Cap

Loved this Death Star DeadMau5

Wouldn't be a con with out the Fett man

This woman had a really good Alice from Resident Evil: Extinction as well.

Winner of the costume contest

Me with a random girl who was dressed as Clair.

This Gambit was pretty good minus his refusal to put down his drink cup.

Ronin the Accuser

Executioner from RE:5. Dude was over 7 feet tall in this thing.

I've been hit!

Crossplay Link

This was crazy good. Pretty sure it was only a prop though.

It is a trap.

Couple of Carplays too.

I am going back for a few hours tomorrow after work so I hope to have some more then.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

fallin1 posted:

This was crazy good. Pretty sure it was only a prop though.

I will never get tired of seeing people walking around in Dalek costumes with their two little legs sticking out the bottom.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

fallin1 posted:

It is a trap.

If Akbar had lipstick on it would have been perfect :j:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SirPhoebos posted:

If Akbar had lipstick on it would have been perfect :j:

Why?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trap

I'm guessing definition two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

fallin1 posted:

Executioner from RE:5. Dude was over 7 feet tall in this thing.

I've been hit!

Is this the same guy from the last cosplay thread where they showed all the WIP pictures? The whole process that went into the costume was loving insane, I remember it looks super cool and really creepy up close with how much detail went into the whole thing.

• Locked thread