Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

NitroSpazzz posted:

Went out and bought another E21 yesterday

Parts car for the clean E21. Comes with a good engine, 5-speed transmission, LSD, Vogtland suspension and 15" basketweaves.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Did some research on this thing, apparently it participated in the 2007 Babe Rally from New York to New Orleans. Two owners ago it was an awesome car.

Wow, what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CharlesM posted:

Wow, what happened?

From what I can tell there have been two owners (not including me) between these photos. Owner 1 registered it February 2010, sold it to owner 2 January 2013. Pretty sure owner 1 is responsible for all the bad things that have happened to this car, the guy I bought it from bought it and it was more of a lawn ornament.

I'd love to find a build thread or more info on this thing. Appears to have upgraded sway bars to go with the shocks/springs, braided lines, brake bias valve and some other miscellaneous go fast parts. Sadly a search of the VIN doesn't bring up anything.

And here's a shot of it going through Tail of the Dragon during the babe rally

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 18, 2013

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Ouhei posted:

I got new wheels:

That looks freaking amazing. Nice car!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

drat son.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

For some reason this looks kind of cool.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

DropShadow posted:

I've had a few people tell me that actually. The strip of solid paint at the front of the hood is from a bug guard i just recently removed.

A little off topic, but has anyone here owned an SVT focus? I drove a few while working as a tech @ ford. Just thought of them, since im looking for a new commuter. They were fun little cars.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If you work it right, you might be able to get that hood peel to be the next "rusted hood" trend, then sell it for enough to some dumb ricer to buy yourself one with good paint.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

VanNuys posted:

A little off topic, but has anyone here owned an SVT focus? I drove a few while working as a tech @ ford. Just thought of them, since im looking for a new commuter. They were fun little cars.

They're alright. They're probably not worth any premium over a 2005-6 2.3 Focus with SVT suspension. That 2.3L is down only 20hp and doesn't have the specific issues that the SVT does (lovely stock clutch being the worst).

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Doesn't it have really poor fuel economy because of the very short ratios in the 6 speed gearbox?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I never thought that thing cruised at too high an RPM, but yeah, the motor's fuel economy was like S2000 bad.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I would cross chop the hatchback civic Si against the SVT, very similar power, weight, and size/shape. It has the 2.0 RSX base motor which is a solid unit. I've never heard much bad about the Si but I hear of some minor issues with the SVT. I personally had an 02' focus 2.0 ZETEC and it was kind of a piece of poo poo, never could get it to run right. Had the ignition coil fail, all four wheel bearings go bad, could never get it aligned right, had a spring break, a vacuum line pop, ABS/traction control sensor die, and an idle air control valve go bad all within 4 months. Ended up selling it for $2,000 though :v:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

meatpimp posted:

That looks really nice. Much more "presentable" than the purple, yet just as aggressive.

VanNuys posted:

This is super clean. :respek:

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

That looks freaking amazing. Nice car!

Thank you everyone, stay tuned, I'll be whoring it out more as I make some big changes this year!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ouhei posted:

Thank you everyone, stay tuned, I'll be whoring it out more as I make some big changes this year!

It's the first S2k I've seen that I really liked, can't wait to see the changes and/or project thread!

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that
That's a great looking machine. Excuse my ignorance, but are the hardtops a factory thing or aftermarket?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bring back the RPF01's :qq:

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
A few shots of my 2012 S6 Avant, picked up Thursday. It's a gloomy day, I used my phone and I'm a poo poo photographer, so sorry the pics aren't better.

Note: the flashy number plate is not mine, and will be going back to the dealership within the week to be replaced by a normal one.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

A few shots of my 2012 S6 Avant, picked up Thursday. It's a gloomy day, I used my phone and I'm a poo poo photographer, so sorry the pics aren't better.

Note: the flashy number plate is not mine, and will be going back to the dealership within the week to be replaced by a normal one.

Those seats are pretty awesome.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

It's the first S2k I've seen that I really liked, can't wait to see the changes and/or project thread!
Thanks a lot! I'll make a project thread here once my next step get's started.

dangerz posted:

That's a great looking machine. Excuse my ignorance, but are the hardtops a factory thing or aftermarket?
Mine is an aftermarket top, molded off the Honda optional top but with a few small changes and made of CF/FRP/lexan instead of metal/glass. About half the weight at 20lbs.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Bring back the RPF01's :qq:
Haha, I am a bit sad to see them go, guy is coming to pick them up tonight.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

VanNuys posted:

My current DD, taken today. Absolutely mint interior, rebuilt trans with shiftkit and a 5.0 thats runs like a champ. Only con is the cheapass 90s paint peeling.

The thumbnail makes the pealing hood look like a mountains range silhouette.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Is this the one Hammond tested on Top Gear a few years back in that Swiss ski village? Did you get the ceramic brake option? :getin:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

DropShadow posted:

It reminds me of high school, the smell of gasoline, and the sound of george thorogood.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Jealous Cow posted:

Is this the one Hammond tested on Top Gear a few years back in that Swiss ski village? Did you get the ceramic brake option? :getin:

Though an avid Top Gear viewer I can't remember that segment, however they only started producing the new (i.e. C7) version of the S6 last year, so I'd say no.

Didn't get the car brand new (has 3,000 miles on it), so couldn't choose options. It belonged to the owner of the dealership I bought it from though, so it is extremely well-specced. Ceramic brakes it doesn't have, however.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Though an avid Top Gear viewer I can't remember that segment, however they only started producing the new (i.e. C7) version of the S6 last year, so I'd say no.

Didn't get the car brand new (has 3,000 miles on it), so couldn't choose options. It belonged to the owner of the dealership I bought it from though, so it is extremely well-specced. Ceramic brakes it doesn't have, however.

It was actually the RS6 I was thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnto05elCE

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ouhei posted:

Thanks a lot! I'll make a project thread here once my next step get's started.

Mine is an aftermarket top, molded off the Honda optional top but with a few small changes and made of CF/FRP/lexan instead of metal/glass. About half the weight at 20lbs.

Haha, I am a bit sad to see them go, guy is coming to pick them up tonight.

Powder coat them purpleeee

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Jealous Cow posted:

It was actually the RS6 I was thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnto05elCE

My S6 has equivalent performance to that outgoing RS6. Makes you wonder what a total beast the new RS6 will be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

You should do yours in orange.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You should do yours in orange.

I don't like how that looks. The only colors I can think of that look good with this blue is white or gold. Probably going to go with white

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

A nice gold would look great, but white would probably be even better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I don't like how that looks. The only colors I can think of that look good with this blue is white or gold. Probably going to go with white

You're no fun at all!

But yeah white would be best.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You're no fun at all!

But yeah white would be best.

Believe me I am all for fruity colors. Unfortunately purple, blues, and pinks don't go with the color I have.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Believe me I am all for fruity colors. Unfortunately purple, blues, and pinks don't go with the color I have.

That's why I said orange!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That's why I said orange!

I don't really like how that looks though :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I don't really like how that looks though :(

And that's why you're no fun!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Hahaha, maybe some day, for now I'm really enjoying the TS Titan color.

Suzuka is a hard color to pick wheels for. I'm a fan of white, gold and orange.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Ouhei posted:

Hahaha, maybe some day, for now I'm really enjoying the TS Titan color.

Suzuka is a hard color to pick wheels for. I'm a fan of white, gold and orange.

Yeah. I like the color but I do wish I had a color that played nice with purple and blues. I have a friend at work who knows a guy who does powder coating so I'll try mixing up some colors and see if I can find an orange that looks OK when the time comes. Otherwise I'm just gonna do white or gold

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 18, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Crossposting from the Jeep thread:

Had my Cherokee washed, clay barred, buffed, and waxed. The shampooed the carpets and seats, too.
I thought the thing looked pretty good before. Now it's all shiny, and I don't know what to do with myself - I've never owned a shiny car before, excepting the wife's ride.

Lookit! Reflections!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
X-post from the Muscleshirt thread:

The blackout bar (between the taillights) is righteous, why did any of these models come without it? People either love or hate the color; I sort of hate it when it is (usually) overcast and rainy, but when the sun comes out it's great and worth it. The Flowmaster cat-back that came on it makes it sound pretty antisocial when I rev it up, and I like it like that.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Well, that's gorgeous. Congrats. I can't tell if it's black, or moonlight blue or something else.

I wish Real Americans™ would get over their fear of wagons so we could get cool poo poo like this.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
I've posted this before, but I'm really starting to fall in love with this thing as the weather warms up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

kill me now posted:

I've posted this before, but I'm really starting to fall in love with this thing as the weather warms up.

^^ I'm not a Corvette fan but that looks boss.