Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

These could easily go in the touching panels thread.

I think they already are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

By request:

New Avengers #4

Jokes happen where Iron Man almost crashes, then lands.

(It's a dinosaur, the end of that fight could go here too)

then from New Avengers #5

(Did I mention these are all on MDCU?)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TwoPair posted:

Savage Wolverine #3: Wolverine and Shanna continue to be the best comedy duo of 2013.

"Wolverine and X comedy duo" works so beautifully well; one of my favourite comic runs was Wolverine First Class, which was nothing but Wolverine putting up with being profoundly and constantly annoyed by Kitty Pride until he finally started warming up to her. Between this and the Wolverine & the X-men ongoing series Marvel's convinced me that they should just have at least one Wolverine comedy series going from now until the end of time. :allears:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

TwoPair posted:

Savage Wolverine #3: Wolverine and Shanna continue to be the best comedy duo of 2013.

drat it, I scanned these pages at work to post here.

That's okay, I also scanned these:

(I love the sad face in the fifth panel of the second page.)

A few pages later:

Savage Wolverine #3

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Amadeus Cho is in that book too? Is Delphyne?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CapnAndy posted:

Amadeus Cho is in that book too?

loving SOLD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Amadeus Cho is up there for Hawkeye for characters who I went from hating to liking. I guess I need to pick that up too.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Is Wolverine vs. Raptors a long-standing thing? Because I had a stack of old comics as a kid including Uncanny X-men #115 where they're in the Savage Land fighting Sauron and Garokk, and Wolverine is sneaking through these tunnels when bam, Raptor out of nowhere tries to bite his arm off.

Wolverine must really hate raptors by now.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Jonny Nox posted:

By request:

New Avengers #4

First, I like that Iron Man remembered to put on his seatbelt. In case the high tech jet and super power armor don't protect him, it's good to know those little straps have his back.

I also like to think that Wolverine's standard method of landing anything is to crash it somewhere. He'll walk away, and its probably faster anyway.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

Is Wolverine vs. Raptors a long-standing thing? Because I had a stack of old comics as a kid including Uncanny X-men #115 where they're in the Savage Land fighting Sauron and Garokk, and Wolverine is sneaking through these tunnels when bam, Raptor out of nowhere tries to bite his arm off.

Wolverine must really hate raptors by now.

I don't know if it's "a thing" or not, but the Avengers cartoon also had Wolverine fighting raptors.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Boxman posted:

I also like to think that Wolverine's standard method of landing anything is to crash it somewhere. He'll walk away, and its probably faster anyway.

Was it in New X-Men where Wolverine and Cyclops are flying around, talking about how they are probably going to crash the plane? It's been a while since I read it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Boxman posted:

I like this idea. I want it in canon now that Wolverine can fly any proper vehicle. He just can't land worth a drat.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CzarChasm posted:

I like this idea. I want it in canon now that Wolverine can fly any proper vehicle. He just can't land worth a drat.

Launchpad McClaw?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

It's well-accepted that landing is the hardest part of flying. Back in WW2 the germans experimented with non-landing planes so they wouldn't have to train the pilots.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Lone Badger posted:

It's well-accepted that landing is the hardest part of flying. Back in WW2 the germans experimented with non-landing planes so they wouldn't have to train the pilots.

So did the Japanese

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Opopanax posted:

So did the Japanese

:drat:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Before somebody posts and asks, I didn't edit anything to make it seem funnier. In the book, Wolverine really is just sitting there counting, then RAPTOR OUT OF loving NOWHERE.

Is that Frank Cho doing the art? What the hell? I thought he was supposed to be working on Guns & Dinos. And Brutal. What the hell, Frank!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Is that Frank Cho doing the art?

AND writing!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mephisto doesn't have time for your Nouveau Démon poo poo.

X-Factor 253.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So I was bored and browsing the Imgur user submitted feed and then this rocked up.

Nfi about issue.

I really want to know the context of this naked brawl now.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

They were having the fight on the grounds of a nudist church. The church demanded that they either leave or take off their clothes.

It's from X-Statix which was a pretty amazing book.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Related to the above: When Hawkeye #3 came out, there was a panel with Clint diving to the side while naked. The censorship method was put to use by the community in this version of the above page.

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

That's an amazing fight scene what with one having insanely sensitive skin and the other weakened from his heart.
The fight is written really well and is just downright enjoyable
All in all go read X-statix

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Who was asking about comic characters reading comics?

Defenders#1

(lot of nice moments in this one)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Later in the issue.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Popeahuntis posted:

That's an amazing fight scene what with one having insanely sensitive skin and the other weakened from his heart.
The fight is written really well and is just downright enjoyable
All in all go read X-statix

I love that fight. Smith pokes Stark's wrist, which is like a pressure point so Tony goes down, but responds by throwing grass leaves in Smiths' face, which knock the complete poo poo out of him since he's so sensitive. I loved that book. I really should be picking up It Girl.

Deadpool #4 or 5? Forgot which issue.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ruddiger posted:

I love that fight. Smith pokes Stark's wrist, which is like a pressure point so Tony goes down, but responds by throwing grass leaves in Smiths' face, which knock the complete poo poo out of him since he's so sensitive. I loved that book. I really should be picking up It Girl.

It's such a wonderful fight.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
If I recall, doesn't that break his jaw, or at least dislocate it?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Kalli posted:

It's such a wonderful fight.

"I might be naked...
But I'm no quitter!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Avenging Spider-Man #16: The X-Men were fighting a giant spider when Spider-Man (who is Doc Ock, remember?) jumps in, acts like a jackass, gets distracted by Wolverine and fights him for a minute before getting back on task, killing the spider, and stealing the glory. Wolverine, of course, starts to cut through Ock's bullshit, so it's time to see the Superior Bullshitter.

I just really like the editorial box and Iceman's response in the last panel.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

*see most xmen comics

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

A page or two later.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Issue 5.

The world needs more Oliver and Harley team ups.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

BSS's favorite reporter is back.

FF #5

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love the pounding techno music and "my precious beard!"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

gently caress it: work's slow. Here are a few more pages. Johnny is going nuts and the FF go to calm him down.

FF #5

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So uh, not to be crass but: is it me, or does it seem like Jen needs a costume with more 'support'?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's weird I like FF way more than Fantastic Four, I just don't know why. Their both written by the same person. Maybe it's Allred and that FF seems more I dunno weirrrrrd and fantastic.

Pretty much all of FF has been amazing.

I don't have a scanner but the part where She Thing is trying on masks is fantastic as well.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
From Young Avengers 3. This is how Loki tries to convince you he's working for the common good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Why exactly is someone wearing the thing's body like a power suit? Or does the thing just now have a 20ish year old girls head on his body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Renzuko posted:

Why exactly is someone wearing the thing's body like a power suit? Or does the thing just now have a 20ish year old girls head on his body?

Reed Richards took the family on a year long vacation that was supposed to only last a few seconds from everybody else's perspective, but to be on the safe side he asked everybody on the team to pick a replacement to cover for them in their absence. Everybody made their pick except for Johnny who completely and totally forgot all about it till the last second and just asked his current girlfriend to "fill in for me for a second okay cool thanks seeyaloveyababe!" before taking off. :)

• Locked thread