Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!
drat I can't wait to see the FUG team stomp everybody else into paste. Unless we see some ridiculous shenanigans from Koon it's hard to see how they could lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

drat I can't wait to see the FUG team stomp everybody else into paste. Unless we see some ridiculous shenanigans from Koon it's hard to see how they could lose.

Yes, but it's Koon. Of course there'll be ridiculous shenanigans.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You're all wrong. Rak will singlehandedly win with a spear throw to incapacitate each team.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
I think it would be hilarious if Baam's old team stomps everyone and wins the whole thing, resulting in FUG deciding that Baam should climb with them instead of either of his new teams, and then taking his (Viole's) team hostage to force him to do so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Lieutenant Hoffman posted:

Well, one competing team has two princesses, one has Koon, and one has Rak.

So basically, they're all even. :colbert:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Maybe they're all going to gang up on the FUG guys, with Koon's two buddies joining in. You never know~

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Nahxela posted:

Maybe they're all going to gang up on the FUG guys, with Koon's two buddies joining in. You never know~

I was thinking Rak would actually join Koon's team, just because it doesn't look like they have a spearbearer at all. Nevermind that he outright said he was going to go see Koon.
If anything, the way I see this going is with Koon playing the two top teams [Baam & Androssi] against one another, while he sneaks out a win in the end.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter is up by mangacow.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Pretty boring chapter.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013
Yeah, nothing really happened.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Looked like they showed Leroro (I think that was his name) at the beginning of the chapter? Is he the factory head or something? I'm quite curious.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
That didn't look like Leroro to me. He doesn't have the spots on his cheeks, and the hair color's different. I think it's just another guy who dresses similarly.

Have we seen that guy at the end before? The author's notes make it sounds like he's shown up somewhere.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I actually kind of liked this chapter. The backgrounds and general color scheme are kind of soothing.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Tiramisu posted:

That didn't look like Leroro to me. He doesn't have the spots on his cheeks, and the hair color's different. I think it's just another guy who dresses similarly.

Have we seen that guy at the end before? The author's notes make it sounds like he's shown up somewhere.
Oh, I forgot what those spots looked like, mixed it up with the ones shown in this chapter.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
The authors note at the end says that character is named The Traveler.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!
It also said that he's important to the plot going forward, so just seeing him is something big happening I guess.

Also we got a decent look at how Koon, Viole, and the original team are seeing things. Conflict between the teams is implicit in the natural of the plot, but Hatsu says outright that their goal in the Tournament is to kill Viole in revenge for "killing" Koon. So they are going to be gunning for Baam outright. Even if they learn who he is and it stays otherwise a secret, that alone compromises the security of the secret that he is alive potentially beyond repair. On the other hand, Koon coming back from the dead publicly might catapult him to stardom. Does he want that, though?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

I went back to check, and Traveler is the guy who tells the chatbot he couldn't have made it this far without her and he loves her and will see her soon. He only shows up in a couple panels before disappearing for like 10 chapters.

Hwa Ryun mentions four companions think Koon's dead, but I have no idea which ones. If she's talking about the old crew, there's more than 4, and his recent team has been reduced to 3, one of which knows he's alive.

I'm expecting the tournament to have an enormous number of teams because I just can't see team tang soo yook doing anything but getting rolled otherwise. This'll probably be where Quatro Blitz and that fisherman will reappear, too.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/137

Show him your nice guns guys

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I have to admit the last panel before the afterward made me laugh for just how matter-of-factly it is :shobon:

This is definitely an interesting set-up though since Viole and the Traveler had the disruption field around them they aren't going to realize what is happening until it is too late. One of them is definitely gonna get shot yet still survive it.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I like how Hatsu is carrying around Laure like a backpack... upside down.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hietala posted:

I like how Hatsu is carrying around Laure like a backpack... upside down.

Ah you beat me to it!

With regard to the guns, I think it's more likely that they'll be shooting something other than regulars, or it'd just be a repeat of the first test with a twist. There may be targets, maybe the tournament patrols?

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013
So it looks like a good chance for some of the FUG people on Viole's new team to get left out of the upcoming workshop battle. Or for some less fighty people on Koon's new team.

I can't remember - is there any reason for us to believe that people get to pick their teams before going to the workshop battle? Because the most recent development makes it sound like some teams might get split up - so would the remaining people who would have fought each other instead team up, so that they can have a full team? Because it would be neat to see Viole and glasses guy pair up and beat everyone else.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I just read the last few chapters. I had the same "Look, it's Zangetsu!" reaction the SIU mentions everyone else having. Having it turn out to be an electric pair of tweezers instead was a nice twist.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/138

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013
And here I was, thinking we would have to wait until the workshop battle actually started to get some action. :allears:

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
The crazy complicated games are the best part of this series.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Did they even say what the benefit of the dark bullets was? It seemed like there was no point in using them.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

Did they even say what the benefit of the dark bullets was? It seemed like there was no point in using them.

It looks like the dark bullets have two advantages. You don't have to beat someone else and take their bullet, and you can't shoot yourself with light bullets but can qualify by shooting someone else with dark (this also means that at least one person in each group will have to win by dark bullet).

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
So Much Tension :f5:

Its great seeing the old team again. :allears:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

nvm this my question was answered on like the 4th page.

But yeah. Getting all this action before the tournament even starts for real is pretty nice.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Bremen posted:

It looks like the dark bullets have two advantages. You don't have to beat someone else and take their bullet, and you can't shoot yourself with light bullets but can qualify by shooting someone else with dark (this also means that at least one person in each group will have to win by dark bullet).

What if a team amasses enough light bullets for each member, then everyone shoots one other team member simultaneously so they're all teleported/qualify?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Someone who is shot is disqualified, likely to prevent that sort of thing. This is an elimination round, after all.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Nahxela posted:

What if a team amasses enough light bullets for each member, then everyone shoots one other team member simultaneously so they're all teleported/qualify?

I would guess they couldn't be quite simultaneous enough.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Well if they're strong enough to grab all those bullets from other players then they can just tie some guy up, light-shoot each other until one person is left, then have the last person dark-shoot the tied up enemy.

P.S. The more I look at Anak's eyes, the more mesmerizing they become. At first it looks like there's just light reflections on them, but then you pay attention and realize that her eyes are like that all the time :stare:
eg.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 5, 2013

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/139

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

The fact that Viole introduced himself to the Traveler as Baam makes it pretty obvious how the encounter with Androssi is going to go.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

SPRING 2013
Eh. I think it's more likely that SIU did that on purpose so that we will all facepalm when Traveler instead goes "You're Viole?!" and then refers to Baam as Viole from then on, never again calling him "Baam".

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I dunno, SIU is pretty good about not jerking the readers around like that. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though, because man how awesome would it be if Androssi did find out Viole is Baam? This whole arc is pretty much going to own in general, with all the various factions starting to colloide.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
I've pretty much given up on guessing how things will turn out, SIU always manages to throw a twist into it somehow that I don't even bother trying anymore, I just enjoy the ride. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
I noticed something, the rules don't say being shot by a black bullet disqualifies you. So maybe your still in the game even if you do get shot by said bullet?