Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
I was finally able to get my Framemeister Mini in this morning. I've been testing it out on the Wii through a Wii2HDMI while I wait for the scart adapter to come in. What are the best settings for the Wii or 480p signals in general? I've been messing around with the H/VCSCALER settings and they haven't helped much with the jagged lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Oh goodness the xrgb mini charge went through what have I done :gonk:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

flyboi posted:

Oh goodness the xrgb mini charge went through what have I done :gonk:

Provided excellent video clarity to your retro consoles?

You gonna go for that 1080p 42" plasma TV I linked you to?

Vprisoner posted:

I was finally able to get my Framemeister Mini in this morning. I've been testing it out on the Wii through a Wii2HDMI while I wait for the scart adapter to come in. What are the best settings for the Wii or 480p signals in general? I've been messing around with the H/VCSCALER settings and they haven't helped much with the jagged lines.

Wait...why are you using Wii2HDMI or scart? Use the Wii component cables to input into the XRGB Mini.

ACID POLICE posted:

One of my friends who grew up in the Bronx remembers some place having a setup of 16 Game Boys all loaded with Faceball 2000, you could just walk up and play on it. God drat I want that

That's awesome as I didn't know the Game Boy did more than 4 at a time. I still remember the game the adapter came with: F1 Racing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

That's awesome as I didn't know the Game Boy did more than 4 at a time. I still remember the game the adapter came with: F1 Racing.

In theory you can daisy chain those 4 player adaptors indefinitely. 16 player on Faceball for instance would require 5 of the 4 player adaptors connected to each other, as well as 15 regular link cables plugging into those sockets. A properly programmed game could conceivably handle as many as 64 Game Boys connected at once but keeping things in sync would be a problem.

Incidentally when the things were new getting a 16 player setup for Faceball 2000 on Game Boy would cost about $2,050 to cover 5 4 player adapters, 15 link cables, 16 Game Boys and 16 copies of the game.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Install Gentoo posted:

In theory you can daisy chain those 4 player adaptors indefinitely. 16 player on Faceball for instance would require 5 of the 4 player adaptors connected to each other, as well as 15 regular link cables plugging into those sockets. A properly programmed game could conceivably handle as many as 64 Game Boys connected at once but keeping things in sync would be a problem.

Incidentally when the things were new getting a 16 player setup for Faceball 2000 on Game Boy would cost about $2,050 to cover 5 4 player adapters, 15 link cables, 16 Game Boys and 16 copies of the game.

That's awesome.

I guess I am most surprised Faceball had the option to even do this.

Awaiting someone to do this but with Gamecube Game Boy Players and 16 TVs.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Provided excellent video clarity to your retro consoles?

You gonna go for that 1080p 42" plasma TV I linked you to?

Dunno yet, likely because its panny and they're the standard for plasma but I need to make sure 42" isn't too big for the room. My setup is literally tv, 2' then bed I lay on until we move into a house so I'm maybe 7' from my tv.

... And there is the explaining the $800 tv to my partner

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

Wait...why are you using Wii2HDMI or scart? Use the Wii component cables to input into the XRGB Mini.

Sorry, I meant I was waiting on a European scart to XRGB 8-pin adapter for my SNES/Genesis cables. I'm using my Wii2HDMI just because I had it on hand and didn't really consider a D adapter for component.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

flyboi posted:

Dunno yet, likely because its panny and they're the standard for plasma but I need to make sure 42" isn't too big for the room. My setup is literally tv, 2' then bed I lay on until we move into a house so I'm maybe 7' from my tv.

I used a 32" for a while abou 6-7' from me when I had a similar setup, and at that distance I think 32" is about the limit as far as a 'proper' viewing field goes.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Oh god the mini cleared :gonk:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

flyboi posted:

Dude don't you have plenty of practice doing that by now?

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
Well, goddamn this Rakuten/Surugaya-a-too poo poo is getting to be loving annoying.

I have a charge, on my card, for the amount of the sale. It states "completed" in my PayPal account (since it is a PP debit Mastercard).

However, I got this mess from them (in Japanese):

Surugaya posted:

Thank you for your order inquiry for this time.

We we are happy to confirm person in your together Osori in our credit card company based on the guidance from their credit card company to prevent unauthorized use of credit card them, as our performance let the announcement at the HP.

Person in order to not take your confirmation, your payment method in accordance with the provisions of this house, but we are Osori gotten in our company because it was expensive card dealings for the first time, we have a person in your confirmation I know I want you to change

With regard to person in your confirmation has been happy to let me take our final decision in cooperation with our credit card company.

Dealings this regard we know we want to change the payment by bank transfer [to] Rakuten Bank settlement of credit I am sorry.

So, despite my transaction showing that it has been completed (not just authorized), they want me to send them the money via bank transfer? I don't even know how to bank transfer, I've never wired money anywhere before.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Why not ask them for an English message?

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Keyboard Kid posted:

Why not ask them for an English message?

I replied (well, sent to their general-contact e-mail since that one says "do not reply to this address") and asked for such already, and informed them that my payment already shows that it has been processed. I don't want to spend another $50 just in bank fees, because that would entirely negate the entire savings I get from Tenso on shipping, so I guess I'm just not going to have an AV Famicom :cry:

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

haha yeah, I guess you and I can totally relate to the scene in Office Space where he gets a static shock every time he touches the door knob. I usually discharge myself by touching something metal fairly forcefully because it seems like when you "lightly" touch metal, the shock is worse for some reason. And yep, a dusty glass CRT surface wiped with a shirt is the easiest way to build up a nice amount of static!

:spergin:

When I think of static shocks, I always think of the time when my brother and I were around the Zenith console tv growing up. That beast had a metal power knob/switch that had to be pulled out to turn the tv on. For whatever reason I was putting my hand on his shoulder as he was turning the thing on (and you could feel the static from the screen feet away mind you) and where my hand was turned into a 5+ second torture fest before I pulled it away.

Here's my touchpad mspaint drawn rendition that took way too long.

flyboi posted:

I can't say much about the distance thing, but I love my 42" Panasonic plasma so much it's not even funny. If you can get one without 3D and/or tons of smart features (if you're fine with that obviously) you can get one for a steal of a deal.

MediumWellDone
Oct 4, 2010

おいしいよね〜
ソースがね〜
濃厚だね〜

flyboi posted:

Just dropped this chip into my 64 pin saturn
http://www.segastyle.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=76

Works 100%, would install again. Much easier than the racketboy method.

Thanks for this. I bought a JP Saturn and didn't even check if it was 64-pin or not, I just looked at the model number and thought I'd be fine. Nope. Going to place an order with these guys now.

One other thing. I notice a guide that mentioned I should burn my images at x8. My drive only goes down to x16. Is that a problem?

MediumWellDone fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 28, 2013

BulimicGoat
Mar 19, 2007

KracKiwi posted:

Sure do. Keep in mind this is a work in progress... I currently have the USB hub behind the couch (with cables coming up over the back), but it will likely end up going under the coffee table. The PC (in a shelf in the back) is connected to the TV via a long HDMI cable following the wall around the couch.

:nms: Behind the couch!

Wireless keyboard, close up of screen, more recent consoles I'm not emulating, and battery backup. If I weren't living in a small apartment in NYC, I would have all my old systems hooked up too.

GAMEZ

My fiancee and I decided to play through every level of super mario bros for NES together as an initial test run of HyperSpin... after hours of cursing she finally beat bowser, hurray!

The PC is also used for watching HD movies, bit torrent, and sometimes playing recent PC games. You can get away with a lot less, but here are the specs:

OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD65 (MS-7681)
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz
Video Card Radeon HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5
RAM 16 GB DDR3 1333
Power Supply Corsair HX750 750W

TV Panasonic Viera Plasma TC-P55VT30

I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life. But that is awesome. Thank you for the epic post; this should be added to the OP on good examples of a gaming haven.

Erluk
Nov 11, 2007

"If you can't beat 'em, STRANGLE 'EM"

Mobius posted:

So, did anything especially interesting happen in this thread in the last 9000 posts or so? Literally. You guys post so drat much, that's how far behind I got and I give up on trying to catch up. Any cool unreleased stuff or prototypes get leaked? That's my favorite stuff... Or was it a ton of A/V chat? :(

Earthbound came out on Japanese WiiU virtual console. Apparently no word on American release. hooray.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tyson Tomko posted:

When I think of static shocks, I always think of the time when my brother and I were around the Zenith console tv growing up. That beast had a metal power knob/switch that had to be pulled out to turn the tv on. For whatever reason I was putting my hand on his shoulder as he was turning the thing on (and you could feel the static from the screen feet away mind you) and where my hand was turned into a 5+ second torture fest before I pulled it away.

Here's my touchpad mspaint drawn rendition that took way too long.

Well at least you talked me out of CRTs and ever considering them again.

Mobius posted:

So, did anything especially interesting happen in this thread in the last 9000 posts or so? Literally. You guys post so drat much, that's how far behind I got and I give up on trying to catch up. Any cool unreleased stuff or prototypes get leaked? That's my favorite stuff... Or was it a ton of A/V chat? :(

Yeah I apologize that sometimes the thread can be too A/V focused, but unfortunately there's rarely any new news for such an old hobby. The only other things I can think of are that there's a new flashcart that was released for the Famicom (Famicom N8), they are remaking NES Duck Tales in HD with new levels, and FFV is being redone with HD visuaals for iOS and Android.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 28, 2013

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like a lot of people (new people? ) ITT are wary of showing off their latest purchases "because the thread is actually about a/v mods". Like the original retro collection thread, I think there should be more pictures of everyone's collections.

So please, more images! They're always relevant.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

jyrque posted:

I feel like a lot of people (new people? ) ITT are wary of showing off their latest purchases "because the thread is actually about a/v mods". Like the original retro collection thread, I think there should be more pictures of everyone's collections.

Yeah I figured that might be why the thread is getting voted down a bit; thing is I'd have no idea unless someone says something.

Here's mine:

I am trying to clean it up a bit and get the wires in the back completely hidden. It's pretty hard to do but probably some black oak tag with holes cut out will take care of it.

I might remove that SNES drawer in the middle on the bottom to make room for a PC Engine but I'm not 100% sure yet because I'd like to have something of a savings account.

For the next 2 pages all I want to see is people's setups. Otherwise, you will be b& i do not have the authority to do this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well, if you want.

Picked this up for thirty five Australian funbucks last weekend. I also got Dragon Quest IX for $19, but that's hardly retro.

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
Guess I'll just post my two latest acquisitions.

That's Keio 2, there.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Xanadu Next, and the summary I was given - it's like Diablo with the bullshit stripped out and replaced with Zelda puzzles and Metroid-like world structure - was completely accurate.
The game's fun as poo poo and Falcom music makes it a masterpiece.

Also, I discovered something interesting when I was researching what I'd want for an SNES pad to use it with emulators on my PC, and I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IXZ5DE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It actually turns out this is a loving great product, but it's hit and miss with the regular SNES controller...

Which is when I did some research, I found out that the SNS-102, aka the controller for the SNES Mini, has a 100% success rate in working with this specific adapter.

I got an SNS-102, and lo and behold, it worked perfectly in Win7 64 bit the minute I plugged it in, no drivers required.

sandpiper fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 28, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Lot-postin' is much better than A/V-postin' in my opinion, I tend to skip hundreds of posts in this thread because I am not too interested in the technical side of things. That said, I got this for 210€ the other day:

That green micro is loving mint. I am selling about half of it (mostly stuff I already own) and that will probably end up paying for the whole lot. I love buying big lots like this. (I know Mario&Luigi is a pirated copy.)

Actually let's have a discussion about this: You see these copies of Mario Advance 2-4, I'll probably sell them again, same for Link to the Past. I just can't get myself to keep them around despite being good games because they're ~20-30€ each and I consider them worse than the originals/the All-Stars versions. So what about you guys, do you keep remakes like this? Do you prefer them, even? I'd rather own Ocarina of Time on 3DS than N64 because it's clearly the better version but these GBA just seem so lackluster compared to the "proper" ones.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 28, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, if you want.

Picked this up for thirty five Australian funbucks last weekend. I also got Dragon Quest IX for $19, but that's hardly retro.

Oh nice! I have the Colossus slipcover myself. Bit of mindless triva for you with that - the slipcover version of ICO's actually the less-rare one between it and the version with a standard PS2 case.

edit: I'll have a picture of my setup shortly, if I can find the drat USB cable for my phone...

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 28, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh nice! I have the Colossus slipcover myself. Bit of mindless triva for you with that - the slipcover version of ICO's actually the less-rare one between it and the version with a standard PS2 case.

Hah, I'd believe it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Katana Gomai posted:

Actually let's have a discussion about this: You see these copies of Mario Advance 2-4, I'll probably sell them again, same for Link to the Past. I just can't get myself to keep them around despite being good games because they're ~20-30€ each and I consider them worse than the originals/the All-Stars versions. So what about you guys, do you keep remakes like this? Do you prefer them, even? I'd rather own Ocarina of Time on 3DS than N64 because it's clearly the better version but these GBA just seem so lackluster compared to the "proper" ones.

Firstly, that GBA Micro is awesome. I never saw it in green. :neckbeard:
Though I do have to say my all-black one is awesome looking (I bought both the black and silver GBA, and swapped their faceplates so I have one that is 100% silver and one that is 100% black).

As for what you just said, I agree, mostly because of the lower sound quality and screen resolution of the GBA. However, the GBA remake of Zelda: A Link to the Past is superior in that the game has that awesome extra dungeon and has a completely awesome dark world ending. That alone makes it worth it to me. Though I totally get what you are saying about them being inferior in other ways.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Yeah I figured that might be why the thread is getting voted down a bit; thing is I'd have no idea unless someone says something.

Here's mine:

I am trying to clean it up a bit and get the wires in the back completely hidden. It's pretty hard to do but probably some black oak tag with holes cut out will take care of it.

I might remove that SNES drawer in the middle on the bottom to make room for a PC Engine but I'm not 100% sure yet because I'd like to have something of a savings account.

For the next 2 pages all I want to see is people's setups. Otherwise, you will be b& i do not have the authority to do this

What I want to know is what console is playing SMB3? NES? NES2? Famicom?! WHICH ONE!?!?! :argh:

I haven't really got a setup, just got a Famicom with a Disk System and a Mega Drive on my computer desk with a CRT. Here's a picture of the Famicom baseball games I've amassed.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mace Bacon posted:

What I want to know is what console is playing SMB3? NES? NES2? Famicom?! WHICH ONE!?!?! :argh:

I haven't really got a setup, just got a Famicom with a Disk System and a Mega Drive on my computer desk with a CRT. Here's a picture of the Famicom baseball games I've amassed.

haha 'sup Major League owner buddy :hfive:

The set up changed a bit. Sold the SNES Jr., sold the SNES Mini, and sold the NES2. Where the Virtual Boy and SNES1 are is now holding NES carts. Also the PSone has a screen now, and is not hooked up to the TV. I am probably going to rewire everything again (this will be the third time now :( ) so I'll take a pic afterwards.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I badly need to clean up the bookcase I keep all my games on, but you can have a look at the shelf that's mostly tidy (The boxed NES games were in that shape when I got them from eBay, I swear!). I still need to get around to cleaning the marker off of those N64 carts. Oh, and the gold cart is Majora's Mask if anyone's curious.

The loose manual and extra case on the dreamcast tower are both manual-and-disc copies of Jet Set Radio. An eBay seller I've bought dreamcast games from tossed them in my purchases as a free gift, even though I kept saying I already owned it.

And the little DVD shelf I keep my PS2 games on.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Mar 28, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Firstly, that GBA Micro is awesome. I never saw it in green. :neckbeard:
Though I do have to say my all-black one is awesome looking (I bought both the black and silver GBA, and swapped their faceplates so I have one that is 100% silver and one that is 100% black).

As for what you just said, I agree, mostly because of the lower sound quality and screen resolution of the GBA. However, the GBA remake of Zelda: A Link to the Past is superior in that the game has that awesome extra dungeon and has a completely awesome dark world ending. That alone makes it worth it to me. Though I totally get what you are saying about them being inferior in other ways.

Hah, I never knew the GBA Zelda deviated from the SNES version because I never bothered beating it on a handheld, go figure. Bonus GB Micro pic:

I love mint handhelds. :3:

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Pictures of collections, you say? You got it.

This is the most recent shot (forgive the instagram) that includes all 300 of my NES games.

Technowrite fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 28, 2013

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Here's mine:

Something (everything?) attached to your wall is crooked and it's driving me crazy :spergin:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Welp no xrgbmini - for some reason or another the seller said I was a fraud and refunded my money. At least that scare is over with!

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I actually meant to post a picture of my latest retro haul, but having a broken camera put the kibosh on that for a while.

Speaking of mint handhelds, just the other day I realized I was proud of what good shape my Sega Gamegear was in. It's even almost complete, except I think I may have lost the foam insert for it's carrying case when I briefly used it to haul sound gear.

Of course, the reason my Gamegear is in such good shape is because I so rarely played it. :v:

Katana Gomai posted:

Probably depends on the particular remake, and I don't really own many in the first place.

Mario All-Stars I find worth keeping as I don't have the Lost Levels in any other form, and unlike most I actually do like the graphics and sound updates. Not that I prefer them, but I think they make an interesting sidegrade as it were. Plus, it's still handy to have all those games in one cart, and my NES and SNES are in seperate rooms so there's a slight convenience factor.

I remember playing the GBA LTTP in a store display once, and Link's voice just made me go "Why? Why did they do this awful thing?"

I still want to play it someday, though, since it's such a great game that any excuse to do another playthrough is acceptable, even just an extra dungeon. I hadn't heard about the spoiler thing before, however, and now my interest is piqued.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Technowrite posted:

Pictures of collections, you say? You got it.

This is the most recent shot (forgive the instagram) that includes all 300 of my NES games.

:allears: One day...

I'll be posting photos tommorow hopefully, when everything is finally moved and back in place. Moved out of the office due to having way too little space, out into the family room which is slowly becoming my entertainment room now. :v:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

MediumWellDone posted:

Thanks for this. I bought a JP Saturn and didn't even check if it was 64-pin or not, I just looked at the model number and thought I'd be fine. Nope. Going to place an order with these guys now.

One other thing. I notice a guide that mentioned I should burn my images at x8. My drive only goes down to x16. Is that a problem?

I have burnt a bunch of games for my Saturn at max speed on my burner and I have had no issues at all. Back in the past when computers were slower and optical writers were in their infancy you were encouraged to burn at a slower speed so your burn would have a higher success rate. One hasn't had that problem in about a decade so feel free to burn a disc a minute and no worry about it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

jyrque posted:

How about collections?

There's not much in the way of handhelds in this household. This is about everything aside from my wife's original Gameboy, GBC (same color as mine) and DS.

Like I said, there's not much. I only finally bought a Gameboy when the GBC came out. All I can say about it is that anyone who owns a Gameboy of any stripe but does not own Tetris is a blasphemer. Revenge of the Gator is an obscure, bog-standard pinball game I have for the nostalgia factor. I'm probably the only one who even knows it exists.

There's even less for the Game Gear. I got this shortly before I got out of gaming in the early 2000's. Gotta say that the graphics for Mortal Kombat are surprisingly good, but the control :barf:

And there's the crown jewel. :smug: Not so impressive today, but I got my Lynx (in the original box :smugbert:) well after the system had bit the dust but before you could quickly and easily buy anything off of the internet. Sadly all I have is the system itself, a crappy non-standard adapter that sometimes heats up way too much to use, and Road Blasters and California Games. It's a pretty impressive handheld on the technical end; all color, and with the ability to flip the screen so you can play left-handed. It also chews through batteries like a motherfucker.

The screens a little scratched. No fault of my own though, I've barely taken it out of the box since I got it.

To give you an idea of how big this thing is, my meaty hand covers just about a third of it.

Here's the card slot. That'd be California Games inside. Some games (like this) are straight up-and-down cards and are a bitch to get out. Others, like Roadblasters, have a bit of a hanging lip on the end to make removing them much easier. For all I know only one or the other style was made and one of these cards is a freak.

Pretty much your typical game card.

StellarX
Aug 22, 2005

Mission Complete.
You are the greatest player.
Did a video of my retro setup!

http://youtu.be/QtFgDtJF3Go

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

jyrque posted:

I can maybe see why people think this but it's hardly the only discussion that happens in this thread. When covering a pretty broad topic different aspects are going to be brought up. I do however think maybe certain posters should stop telling newbies to go RGB/Buy XRGBs off the bat because that poo poo is scary off-putting.

That being said A/V discussion is important because today different TVs handle these retro consoles differently and it's important for people to realize they might not just be able to hook up their SNES to their LCD flatscreen and have no problems.

Also Miyamotos RGB NES, maybe we should re-write the OPs a bit to put some of the modding stuff down at the bottom so it doesn't seem like this is all the thread is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Here's mine:

What exactly are those wall mounted SNES organizers? I need to get something like that - I feel terrible leaving my carts in a drawer! :(

• Locked thread