Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I like eating cold garbage and watching women poop.

Also, lifting weights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Is it okay to mock the sandwiches?

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

This is a real bunny. A loaf of bread gutted and then filled with curry. AND BONUS they give you the bread taken from the middle. Popular student chow at Wits.

Also forms some sort of sandwich isthmus as the filling is surrounded on five sides. Completely surrounded if you leave the bread innards on top.

vvvvvv HA HA YOU BASTARD. WAY TO SLEEPY SLOW SLOW OLD MAN!

EvilMayo has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Mar 29, 2013

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I was expecting to see this:

Bunny chow. Curry in a scooped-out loaf of bread. Good eating.

E: dammit!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

bunnielab posted:

I think I am happier being chubby, eating whatever I want and drinking beer by the gallon then I would be trying to be fit.

However I do miss being strong. I used to have a physically demanding job and now I don't and part of me misses being able to grab a 100lb sandbag and throw it over my shoulder like it ain't no thing. I realize I am not 19 anymore but would love to find a workout routine centered about getting stronger rather then getting "fit", if that makes any sense.

With any weight lifting program (whether it targets "size" or "fundamental movements" or "powerlifting" or whatever), if you aren't getting stronger, you're doing it wrong. The classic "get strong as hell" programs are simple barbell stuff, like the programs here. I'd skip the weighted situps in the first program, but otherwise it's a good, typical strength program.

Big guys can get really loving strong in a hurry, especially if they aren't dieting hard, so go get it.

I'll note that these programs are equally effective for people who want to "tone up," which is a horrible marketing term typically pushed toward women along with a bevy of other really stupid bullshit. PYF ladies, please read this thread.

Fanzay posted:

We have a thread in the motherfucking subforum you mod, and you don't post there. :cmon:

At the moment I'm climbing like 2x/month so I don't think I'd have much to contribute v:)v.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Shine posted:

PYF ladies, please read this thread.

I never thought I'd catch myself saying "I'm gonna start weightlifting". And yet here I am. :)

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Suzuki Method posted:

I never thought I'd catch myself saying "I'm gonna start weightlifting". And yet here I am. :)

It's pretty sweet.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
I would like to start a petition for Eggplant Wizard to post a picture of herself holding an eggplant wizard.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

First you're going to have a post a picture proving that you do, indeed, hate pants.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
These curry filled bread deals look pretty sweet, unless you hate crusts I guess, Is there a specific type of curry used or can you throw whatever you prefer in there?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

With any weight lifting program (whether it targets "size" or "fundamental movements" or "powerlifting" or whatever), if you aren't getting stronger, you're doing it wrong. The classic "get strong as hell" programs are simple barbell stuff, like the programs here. I'd skip the weighted situps in the first program, but otherwise it's a good, typical strength program.

Big guys can get really loving strong in a hurry, especially if they aren't dieting hard, so go get it.

I'll note that these programs are equally effective for people who want to "tone up," which is a horrible marketing term typically pushed toward women along with a bevy of other really stupid bullshit. PYF ladies, please read this thread.

Thanks, that is interesting but still kinda intimidating. Assuming I have no room for weights or a bench is there anything more like the training montage from the second Rocky movie that I could try? I do have a wood stove so there is some hauling and splitting logs going on already.

I guess I could join a gym but they always seem like scammy time-share crap.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Can we talk about this please? Because I'm confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_HlyQaTrfI

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

I bet it's the same stuff that's in wart remover. Salicylic acid. I didn't read the Wikipedia page too closely, but I'm pretty sure it essentially murders a few layers of your skin, which turn white and can be scraped off. :barf:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Buy this wallpaper scraper to get the soot off your foot! Your feets come off on sheets! No more woes for for your toes! Don't wait til later, buy a foot grater!

:tipshat:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Dude, that is loving gross.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
But does it work for neck fungus?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Shine posted:

I eat Fruity Pebbles with chocolate milk, man.

E: followed by Chipotle quesarritos (Google it).

Celebrities who talk about how they get into great shape are:

1. Lying about 90% of their program.
And/or
2. Taking steroids, which are a magic bullet that makes even the shittiest program work well for getting ripped/"toned."
And/or
3. Have assistants who handle their entire training plan and cook all meals for them (proper macronutrients, etc.) so it's basically impossible for them to screw up, which is a luxury most of us don't have.

Ignore celebrities.

This, and don't forget

4. Plastic surgery/liposuction/etc. to remove body fat and literally "sculpt" their body a specific way

:stonk: that's worse than the mini cheese grater Ped-Egg thing

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I'm bothered because the makers of that product clearly don't know the difference between callus (n.) and callous (adj.). Do some research already, jeez.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

This dog don' need callus shredders. Look at his feet

Perfectly manicured pup. :getin:

This is my favourite As Seen On TV product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4EvVErNhVE

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Those lovely toes. Wanna pet that dog.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pretty sure you can still do squats without using your fingers. Weights help, but come on, ladies. Get a real booty pop, you'll look good naked too!

Gonna go do some squats now.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

hate pants posted:

I would like to start a petition for Eggplant Wizard to post a picture of herself holding an eggplant wizard.

Shoot I had an eggplant in the house earlier even but I cooked it so you're out of luck.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
What's everyone's favorite episode of This American Life? I like the one about summer camp and also the one where Ira Glass opens by singing a song about how he wants to put on a good show.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

What's everyone's favorite episode of This American Life? I like the one about summer camp and also the one where Ira Glass opens by singing a song about how he wants to put on a good show.

I've only been listening for about a year now, but I really liked both Middle School and Red State/Blue State.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Penguingo posted:

First you're going to have a post a picture proving that you do, indeed, hate pants.

Trust me, you don't want to start this game.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

NienNunb posted:

I've only been listening for about a year now, but I really liked both Middle School and Red State/Blue State.

You probably know already, but you can stream the entire run off their website. Marathoning episodes gets me through really boring programming\IT tasks. If the show goes off the air and I run out of archived episodes I may just have to quit and go live in a cave in the woods, because my professional life will crumble into dust.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
I was at the store earlier and was upset to find that there are no such boxes of Eggplant Wizard next to the Hamburger Helper. EPW IS A SHAM, EVERYONE!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Noni posted:

I was at the store earlier and was upset to find that there are no such boxes of Eggplant Wizard next to the Hamburger Helper. EPW IS A SHAM, EVERYONE!

If you need help cooking an aubergine eggplant you should probably just give up and starve

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Noni posted:

It's in the produce aisle next to the pre-chopped & shrinkwrapped "Stir Fry Vegetables" on a styrofoam tray.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
If you cut a sandwich in half, do you have one sandwich or two?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

Do you stack them?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

WastedJoker posted:

Which direction did you cut the sandwich in?

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
You have two halves of one sandwich. A sandwich must cover the surface area of a single slice of bread.

Injun Greenberg has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Mar 30, 2013

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Stargate posted:

You have half of one sandwich. A sandwich must cover the surface area of a single slice of bread.

Au contraire, here in the UK false advertising is seriously dealt with yet supermarkets and petrol stations blatantly sell sandwiches plural which are just the two slices and filling cut diagonally. Therefore in Britain, at least legally, cutting a sandwich in half does result in two sandwiches, the morality of this may be arguable.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Welcome to Shark Week, everyone.

God bless, good luck, hope you're still standing this time next week!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

YES.

YEEEESSSSSSS.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

I need that phone cover.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I miss when the awkward and ugly thread just had pictures of awkward and ugly people instead of being the new internet mock thread complete with videos of guys jerking off onto ponies. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

bunnielab posted:

I think I am happier being chubby, eating whatever I want and drinking beer by the gallon then I would be trying to be fit.

However I do miss being strong. I used to have a physically demanding job and now I don't and part of me misses being able to grab a 100lb sandbag and throw it over my shoulder like it ain't no thing.

Every job I held since I was 18 was physically demanding with me shoveling forklift buckets full of sand or stacking heavy poo poo on pallets and shrink-wrapping them day in and day out for years which made me quite agile and fit. Then, I got a cushy job and along with it got man-tits and love handles. Looked at my moobs recently and told myself enough is enough. I started eating better and less and walk for an hour or more every morning. I've lost 14 pounds in two weeks :toot:

• Locked thread