Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I want to say thanks again to the LP team for the effort and attention you give. This update just kept going and going. :allears:

Everything points to Hanamura but it still feels like we're short of that decisive 'gotcha' evidence hallmark to mystery games, but we should arrive at it faster now that Komaeda's agreed to stop being so darn naegative.

tomanton fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Three quick points I'm thinking about:

1. I might have missed it, but did we ever find out what the deal with the locked bathroom door was about? Was there anyone inside? I was assuming it would have the entrance to the crawlspace, but after this last update I can't figure out the reason for the bathroom being locked. Is it just a plot device to work with Nidai and Peko's intestinal distress? Or does it have some actual bearing on the case?

2. If you look at the update, there's a period of time between when Hanamura leaves to go "get more food", and the blackout occurs. If he knows in advance when the blackout is occuring, he can prepare the fire doors, take the portable stove to the storage room, and get underneath the floor to peek at the girls. He never comes back into the room after the blackout, he could just head right back to the kitchen, like nothing ever happened.

3. The asinine, fanservicy image that just. kept. happening. :10bux: says it's a plotpoint. Hanamura is a horndog, underneath the floor, peeking up at girls when the lights come back on. I bet he had something to do with her "catching her foot on the carpet".

I see two ways for this to play out: Either Hanamura was prepared to kill somebody, with advance knowledge of when the blackout is occuring and a murder weapon ready. Or, it was a crime of the moment, and he was under there to peek at the girls when he saw a chance to pull off the perfect murder. Either way, in my opinion the culprit is pretty obvious at this point, it's just the exact details of the execution that's still unknown.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 2, 2013

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I still don't understand WHY someone would deliberately go into the crawlspace to try and kill someone. Have I missed something that explains that Hanamura could actually expect someone to be lying down? I thought it was a Hanamura and skewer related murder but really couldn't see how being under the floorboard fit in. I figured the skewer would have just dropped through the gap in the floorboards.

What could he have achieved under the floor other than stabbing people in the feet?

Edit: I was wondering along the same lines as the guy above, with Hanamura wanting a really good look up people's skirts. Seems a bit.. flimsy though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I still think he might have caught wind of Nagitos plan somehow and was actually planning to murder him as he grabbed the knife. Togami saved him instead and got killed. Maximum despair right there.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

Lethemonster posted:

I still don't understand WHY someone would deliberately go into the crawlspace to try and kill someone.

I don't think the trial is over yet. All we have on Hanamura right now is circumstance. This is going to be how we nail him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Bravo posted:

1. I might have missed it, but did we ever find out what the deal with the locked bathroom door was about? Was there anyone inside? I was assuming it would have the entrance to the crawlspace, but after this last update I can't figure out the reason for the bathroom being locked. Is it just a plot device to work with Nidai and Peko's intestinal distress? Or does it have some actual bearing on the case?

Pekoyama was in there the whole time. Which is why she wasn't guarding the breakers.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Lethemonster posted:

I still don't understand WHY someone would deliberately go into the crawlspace to try and kill someone. Have I missed something that explains that Hanamura could actually expect someone to be lying down? I thought it was a Hanamura and skewer related murder but really couldn't see how being under the floorboard fit in. I figured the skewer would have just dropped through the gap in the floorboards.

What could he have achieved under the floor other than stabbing people in the feet?

Edit: I was wondering along the same lines as the guy above, with Hanamura wanting a really good look up people's skirts. Seems a bit.. flimsy though.

The prevailing theory is that Hanamura is somehow aware of Nagito's plan. If he knows about a) the blackout and b) the planted knife, he can sneak under the lodge and stab whoever's going for the knife. I guess assuming you need to crawl under the table to get to the knife.

I think his hope is that by doing it through the floor and not having been able to set up the blackout, etc., he has something like an alibi. Honestly, though, had he killed Nagito, I feel like he'd have been found out anyway, so I'm not sure what he was hoping for.

MiyokoBlade
Mar 28, 2013

FrickenMoron posted:

I still think he might have caught wind of Nagitos plan somehow and was actually planning to murder him as he grabbed the knife. Togami saved him instead and got killed. Maximum despair right there.

Yeah...it's pretty depressing when you find out that Togami basically set himself up to be murdered by preventing Komaeda from getting the knife. After looking at the diagram of the map again, it has to be Hanamura. I'm still pointing this out to be a crime of opportunity.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Monathin posted:

Pekoyama was in there the whole time. Which is why she wasn't guarding the breakers.

That's what I like least about this case. She wasn't guarding the breakers, but then again, she didn't need to be guarding the breakers, since she could neither prevent the outage from happening nor reset them if the outage did happen. And, in the process, she was experiencing severe, evidence-less digestive distress without any apparent cause or motive that would cause her to be poisoned.

Neither did the duralumin case need to be protected, since the skewer (which hasn't yet been found, as far as we know, but which we all pretty well assume was the murder weapon) was already missing from the kitchen at the beginning of the party.

Not to mention the fact that Chiaki searched the outside of the cabin for an entrance to the crawlspace, but not the inside. It's understandable that Hinata didn't search there because he was dissuaded from searching the storage area by Nagito (to what end?), but you rather think that she would try to cover all her bases and not just take a "Oh yeah, we glanced around inside but didn't find anything" at face value.

When did Hanamura have the time to find this secret entrance to the crawlspace that took Gundam and his educated rodents hours to locate?

The whole thing is much too convoluted, and at this point I'm left wondering about some sort of previously-discussed agreement between Nagito and Hanamura along the lines of "You lure Togami to the ambush spot, and I'll do the stabbing, they'll never prove it against either of us, since you won't have the right weapon, and I'll have the cover of darkness", a deal which Nagito is still trying to honor by making himself look suspicious while knowing that it's a non-starter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm looking at this from several angles, but none of them make this entire case anything short of annoying in how it was planned.

Nagito planned the entire thing, but could not account for Night Vision Goggles? I mean he foresaw the party, Togami inspecting people for weapons and even rigged everything so the power could go out, but didn't remember that there were goggles in the island shop? That's just kind of forced to me. Hanamura being the culprit is going to be really bad, because he really should not be privy to anything involving the blackout, but he was prepared with a mini-stove for a light and I'm entirely certain he's the one with the other pair of goggles so he could kill Togami.

But that requires him to know that Togami was going to be under the table, so that leads me to believe that instead of not knowing anything, him and Nagito cooked the whole plan up and there it would make sense why Nagito didn't have any countermeasure for the goggles. The problem with that though, is why they would team up? If the entire plan is made so Hanamura could kill Togami, then what does Nagito have to gain from that, surely he knows that the person who kills the other is the one who gets to go free and not anyone else.

However, I'm almost willing to believe this is all an elaborate scheme so Nagito could get two of their friends killed so he endow the others with despair since he seems to like doing that as of late, although to just rehash Junko's whole MO from the last game would just annoy me, even if he's the starting villain or whatever. In the end though, I'm just gonna have to wait and see and hope it's not dumb. Although it pisses me the hell off that literally three people somehow knew about the crawlspace and not one of them was the guy who was trying to ensure everyone's safety, but the three were a pervert cook, possibly the psychopath, and some schmuck looking for his dumb earring.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Although it pisses me the hell off that literally three people somehow knew about the crawlspace and not one of them was the guy who was trying to ensure everyone's safety, but the three were a pervert cook, possibly the psychopath, and some schmuck looking for his dumb earring.

The Devildog earring.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MiyokoBlade posted:

The discussion minigames aren't that bad. The anagram game I could see as a bit annoying, especially for people who don't know much Japanese. I really hope they have the machine gun talk battles...those were my favorite in the previous game. Keep the Beat Phoenix Wright Style!

I think he meant that the Climax Inference minigame is just kind of silly when you think about it - someone put it best last game in Celes' trial when he pointed out that even when Celes was frothing at the mouth and being so obviously guilty, one could mess up the Climax Inference and end up losing the vote for some reason - which would imply at least three people, not including Celes herself and including the framed Hagakure, to not vote for the obviously guilty person.

I think the motivation part of the trial is going to be interesting - we've seen Hanamura cracking before the party, but something tells me he wouldn't have hatched up the plot to kill without some other person pushing him to do it, whether it be Nagito, Monobear or somebody else.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

HelloWinter posted:

The Devildog earring.

Tanaka has been amazing in the past update. Shame that Nagito stole the scene.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug
My only issue with a Nagito/Hanamura collusion is it's pretty specious that Hanamura agreed to it.

I mean, really, in this scenario, how could Nagito ever convince Hanamura, "oh yeah, definitely just murder the guy. I will totally cover for you because I am depressed and crazy and maybe some kinda mastermind dude of despair/hope." There's too much at stake for Nagito to not be lying and just during trial and say, "You know, I changed my mind and don't want to die after all. It was Hanamura. We planned it before."

In other words, I don't see their endgames working out as a coherent plan. I will concede that it's tricky for Hanamura to have discovered both the knife and the blackout plan, but colluding with Nagito is a foolish gambit since there's so much to lose.

Sporkaganza
Feb 19, 2013

I'm bakayuya tomgami
You know, all the evidence pointing at him besides, it was really obvious to me that Hanamura was the culprit by watching his behavior during the trial. He has a terrible poker face and was constantly sweating to boot. Plus, his attempts at trying to direct attention away from himself were pretty transparent.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

slowbeef posted:

The prevailing theory is that Hanamura is somehow aware of Nagito's plan. If he knows about a) the blackout and b) the planted knife, he can sneak under the lodge and stab whoever's going for the knife. I guess assuming you need to crawl under the table to get to the knife.

I think his hope is that by doing it through the floor and not having been able to set up the blackout, etc., he has something like an alibi. Honestly, though, had he killed Nagito, I feel like he'd have been found out anyway, so I'm not sure what he was hoping for.

I hope they come up with a good justification because my assumption would be someone reaching under the table to grab the knife and even if they did kneel down you are still most likely stabbing them in the knees. It would hurt like buggery sure - but not necessarily kill someone.

When did Hanamura actually turn up to start cooking?

Edit: The point of loosing the climax interference if YOU pick the wrong person was that monobear said everyone had to unanimously vote for the correct murderer. So in the first game if you picked the wrong person when it was Celes it doesn't mean everyone else was stupid and didn't pick her either, it means you were a dumbass and got everyone killed.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 1, 2013

HobblyBoy
Oct 21, 2012

Lethemonster posted:

I still don't understand WHY someone would deliberately go into the crawlspace to try and kill someone. Have I missed something that explains that Hanamura could actually expect someone to be lying down?

Wait, what if he actually set up Mikan to get tripped up and fall in that embarrassing pose so that she would be lying down for him to stab through the floor? It might be a bit of a stretch considering she was in a different part of the room than where Togami was, but maybe Hanamura didn't take into account the carpet blocking his view and was only able to see Togami from below?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lethemonster posted:

Edit: The point of loosing the climax interference if YOU pick the wrong person was that monobear said everyone had to unanimously vote for the correct murderer. So in the first game if you picked the wrong person when it was Celes it doesn't mean everyone else was stupid and didn't pick her either, it means you were a dumbass and got everyone killed.

Ishimaru didn't vote for Mondo in the second trial. Plus the murderer would never vote for themselves. It seems pretty obvious it comes down to a majority vote.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I figure Hanimura would know about the crawlspace as a way to perv some glances up the girls' skirts. I can't imagine that Nagito would let anyone else in on the plan, so Hanimura heading down there during the blackout at all strikes me as pretty weird. Unless he was aware of the plan, somehow, which will all come out in the next update or so (hopefully).

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Lethemonster posted:

I hope they come up with a good justification because my assumption would be someone reaching under the table to grab the knife and even if they did kneel down you are still most likely stabbing them in the knees. It would hurt like buggery sure - but not necessarily kill someone.

I argued this a lot previously, but I guess thinking back on it, if you were blind and following the cord, I suppose you'd have to crawl under the table to get your glow-in-the-dark knife without alerting everyone else to it (i.e. lifting up the tablecloth and pulling it off.)

Come to think of it, I don't really get any of the endgames here.

Assuming Nagito's knife isn't... you know glowing in the dark (if he managed to get it like he planned)... he still has to stab someone with it, blind. (If it is glowing in the dark, won't everyone in the room see it?) And then... what? Hide the knife, hope he didn't get blood on himself? Ditch it? If so, where? How can he hope to get away with that?

Assuming Hanamura managed to kill Nagito, how does he later explain... anything? His plan actually works better if he intended to kill Togami (since Nagito would be, and was, the person under suspicion), but if he'd killed Nagito instead... well, then what? Nagito's obviously the person best suited to plant the knife, but if he dies, then who can he frame?

edit: The collusion theory is just weird to me, but maybe that is how this works?

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 1, 2013

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MiyokoBlade posted:

Yeah...it's pretty depressing when you find out that Togami basically set himself up to be murdered by preventing Komaeda from getting the knife.

Gotta love the irony, though - DR1 Togami was a paranoid, self-centered rear end in a top hat, and ended up surviving the game; DR2 Togami actually cared about the other students and actively tried to prevent any murders, only to end up being the first victim.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Lethemonster posted:

Togami was stabbed eight times. Even if the first stab only hit Nagito's knee, that would keep him down long enough for Hanamura to stab him more until he stopped moving.

slowbeef posted:

Assuming Nagito's knife isn't... you know glowing in the dark (if he managed to get it like he planned)... he still has to stab someone with it, blind. (If it is glowing in the dark, won't everyone in the room see it?) And then... what? Hide the knife, hope he didn't get blood on himself? Ditch it? If so, where? How can he hope to get away with that?

Assuming Hanamura managed to kill Nagito, how does he later explain... anything? His plan actually works better if he intended to kill Togami (since Nagito would be, and was, the person under suspicion), but if he'd killed Nagito instead... well, then what? Nagito's obviously the person best suited to plant the knife, but if he dies, then who can he frame?

The theory I like best is that Nagito wasn't planning to get away with it. His plan may have been to kill either himself, or Hinata, and let himself get executed for it.

Hanamura is more confusing, but until the game addresses it, I'm fine with assuming that he simply didn't think about what would happen after the murder.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think Hanamura was planning on confusion obscuring the truth, and hoping that no one could reach a conclusion. Hiding the trap door to the crawlspace was key. In this update, it was clear that he spoke up in the blackout to give himself the alibi that he was in the room, and thus could not have been under the floor stabbing someone.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I was nervous when he said his hamsters got his earring back because that would be the first step in the nobody-was-under-the-floorboards theory coming true and then everything would be up in the air. If they only got in through the fencing on the side that'd be it. But then it turns out he only noticed them sitting on the trapdoor and they don't actually do anything so his SHSL skill is looking more and more of a joke. He really is just a breeder.

Also I just noticed I recognize his voice actor as Ronove from Umineko. That's a cool rear end voice.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
There's another alternate theory which also seems unlikely, but might make slightly more sense?

We're all operating under the theory that the skewer fits between the cracks. It's a key element of the crime.

It's at least remotely possible that Nagito planted the knife to attract Togami and caused the blackout, stabbed him with the skewer, then threw the thing between the cracks (where Hanamura was stationed for his own reasons) to hide it, providing himself with the excuse of "Well, he wasn't stabbed with that knife I brought anyway, so it couldn't have been me). Nagito reckoned that he could go and retrieve the skewer at a later date, and so distracted Hinata away from the crawlspace entrance.

This whole charade is set up to get Hanamura past his shame (if he has any) in order to reveal why he saw from below what happened to Togami.

Downside: No blood on Nagito, plenty of blood on the spare tablecloth. You could argue that stabbing through the abdomen might not cause that much arterial spray, but I'll trust our SHSL nurse as far as the animenatomy involved. And Nagito wouldn't really have an easy way to get the tablecloth out of the party room and store it in the storage room, either.
EDIT: Also doesn't explain why Hanamura needed the blackout to occur and/or the portable stove to get under there, or why he'd plan around them.

That's not to say that wiggling through the crawlspace wrapped in the tablecloth is sensible.

Whole thing is just weird.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 1, 2013

theonlypie314SA
Mar 19, 2013

I liked that Owari not only had more to say in this update, but it was actually helpful. I'm starting to like her a little more and hoping to see more of her in the future.

So here is a sketch of her:

larger version

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think Hanamura was planning on confusion obscuring the truth, and hoping that no one could reach a conclusion. Hiding the trap door to the crawlspace was key. In this update, it was clear that he spoke up in the blackout to give himself the alibi that he was in the room, and thus could not have been under the floor stabbing someone.

Nagito's endgame is still weird as hell to me, but I think you've got Hanamura's thought process mostly right.

To take it a little further: Gundam's testimony has been crucial, and Gundam only found the crawlspace because he spent the entire investigation looking for it and had animal help. Hinata and Nanami were also looking for the entrance and completely failed to notice it, so the kids reaching the trial without having ever figured out that anyone could've gone beneath the floor was a realistic possibility.

If Nagito was killed through the floor and no one ever found the entrance, the trial would've ended up with everyone essentially guessing where the entrance must've been. Without a definite location for the entrance, the list of people with the opportunity to commit the crime wouldn't have been narrowed to just him. The odds were in his favour enough that it's realistic that he'd take it.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Hanamura is off to Hell's kitchen, no way back from it.

I don't even think Nagito was able to kill Togami, cause if he did the time it would take Nagito to ''hide'' the bloodied cloth on the storage room and go back to the dinning hall without any sort of night vision makes the whole thing highly unlikely.

Now, regarding Nagito's attitude, I guess we will have to wait for further development to see his real intentions, but he still is helpful and I hope he remains like that.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
This trial is doing a lot to win me over after what I thought was a relatively poor start. It's definitely a lot better than Dangan Ronpa 1's first trial, I think.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

CandyCrazy posted:

Togami was stabbed eight times. Even if the first stab only hit Nagito's knee, that would keep him down long enough for Hanamura to stab him more until he stopped moving.

Here's another thing though - there was no 'Oh I've been stabbed' noises, so the first must have been the important one. If you got stabbed in the knee you'd go down but you'd sure as hell move away. Even rolling like an idiot would do it. One of the humanising things in this is we aren't dealing with infallible, genius characters but I still fail to see Hanamura's apparent plan as anything but wierd and stupid.

The fact Ibuki could hear everything has already been important and I guess if there had been any murdery noises she would have mentioned them. I wonder if this was just an oversight.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

slowbeef posted:

Nagito's actually relatively easy to give an answer for, because he's insane. The trick to finding out insanity is to follow the person's internal logic.

Nagito didn't want to get away with it. He wants to watch the students conquer despair with their hope. Given that, his endgame goes exactly like he wanted. He murders somebody at random, gets caught because there's no realistic way he can get out of the situation because of confusion, and Team Hope wins! Yay!

That's obviously just going off evidence of what we know about Nagito now. His motivations are probably a lot more complex than just wanting to have the students use their hope to conquer despair.

As for Hanamura, the first murderer isn't going to be smart. No one smart wants to be the first person to test the waters in this situation. He's just a dumb kid who wanted to get off this death trap and thought that the confusion and chaos would cover for his murder. He didn't think things through far enough because he's panicing.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

orenronen posted:

You've got that wrong.

Chills all up and down my spine.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Lethemonster posted:

Here's another thing though - there was no 'Oh I've been stabbed' noises, so the first must have been the important one. If you got stabbed in the knee you'd go down but you'd sure as hell move away. Even rolling like an idiot would do it. One of the humanizing things in this is we aren't dealing with infallible, genius characters but I still fail to see Hanamura's apparent plan as anything but weird and stupid.

Thinking about it, I was thinking more the calf rather than the knee, so poor choice of words on my part there, and when I say it would have been stabbed, I'm not talking it being grazed, I'm talking about it going through it, probably ripping off a not insignificant amount of skin, muscle and fat, maybe even scraping the bone. It's not unreasonable to assume that the victim would be too busy doubling over in pain and shock to consider moving out of the way.

You've got me on the noise part though. I don't have an answer for that one besides the rather lackluster "Hanamura's not that smart."

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012

Sporkaganza posted:

You know, all the evidence pointing at him besides, it was really obvious to me that Hanamura was the culprit by watching his behavior during the trial. He has a terrible poker face and was constantly sweating to boot. Plus, his attempts at trying to direct attention away from himself were pretty transparent.

Not that I think Hanamura isn't the killer, but people keep saying things like this when I feel like it fits his character anyway. He's been shifty about the whole game since the beginning- trying to deny it's happening and getting all nervous.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Lethemonster posted:

As others and myself have said before, if Hanamura had caught wind of Nagito's plan, he could be certain that during the blackout Nagito would make a grab for the knife, and as a result would be a sitting duck for SKEWERING TIME. The only thing I don't know is if Nagito intended for Hanamura to do what he did or not. Honestly, although it's bizarre to think about, the most likely scenario is that Nagito let Hanamura see what he was doing without actively conspiring with him. Nagito may have been deliberately conspicuous in his preparations for the blackout and planting the knife, making sure Hanamura saw him while pretending he didn't know Hanamura was watching. Judging from what we've seen of the real Nagito, he's devious/lucky enough to contrive circumstances like that. As to why he would actively manipulate Hanamura into killing him, I have no idea. But it just seems more likely that he let Hanamura see what he was doing than that Hanamura stumbled on it by accident.
Also, I think, but I'm not sure, that I mentioned that the portable stove could be used for a light. I at least figured that out a while ago. The fire doors, though, that's one thing I think nobody got.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Well, I never spotted the light thing at all. That gives Hanamura a chance to get from the kitchen to the crawlspace; the rooms are right next to each other and he can see while everyone else is blind, plus the death table is right next to the wall. So he doesn't necessarily have to be in place when the blackout happens. I still contend it had to be premeditated, though, because he hid that skewer from Togami ahead of time.

As to how he wanted to get away with it, calling out from under the floor is certainly part of it. By making it look like he was in the room, he could throw suspicion elsewhere. (Too bad everyone else was eliminated.) He also couldn't have known that the murder victim would fall in a way which made it obvious that he was stabbed from below, or that Gundam would lose his earring and find the way into the crawlspace. And he expected to be murdering someone planning a murder; maybe he thought there would be an exception for self-defense.

lonesiekarp
Mar 9, 2013
This update just solidified my complete adoration of Gundam and Megumi Ogata. God this was a good one.

I can only hope that the game continues on this fantastic path and doesn't face plant halfway through.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

slowbeef posted:

Wasn't the glow-in-the-dark paint on the handle? So I suppose if he completely covered it with his hand that might work. Or when seeing something that's glowing and looking like it's floating, someone might have gone over to see what it was.

Don't know about the other stuff though.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Yeah, I love Gundam, he's so...amazing. I will be so upset if he dies or ends up killing someone. Also, that scene of his hamsters finding the trapdoor is SO CUTE. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

The main reason I haven't really followed the 'Hanamura knows about Nagito's plan' line of thinking is that he didn't try and throw anything in the discussion about it. I think he would have slipped in at least a few affirmations about Nagito's activities. 'Oh I saw Nagito with the tape, oh he came in the kitchen asking about cutlery, oh yeah he was singing about murder to the tune of Hakuna Matata'. It would be really easy to point something out without looking suspicious. Being able to go directly to the hatch and to the basement means Hanamura has definitely had a look around and quick plot while he was supposed to be cooking. I'm leaning towards him being opportunistic during the black out more than knowing Nagito's exact plan, but I'm probably wrong on that one.

That being said I would have thought that if Hanamura was around at any point when Nagito was cleaning on his own, Nagito would mention it now. Then again they've thrown a spanner in the detective works with Nagito being a basket case. Who knows what crazy is really thinking and going to do.

• Locked thread