Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I like Fogelnest and I like his show. Maybe it's because I'm into a lot of the same esoteric poo poo he is. Anyone who sings the praises of "Night Flight" is a drat good fella in my book. I hope he drops a "Rock 'n' America" reference at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I like Jake because he just seems like such a positive guy. It sounds dumb, but I like the way he tries to find a supportive bend to most of the clips he plays. He seems genuinely in awe at the amazing world the internet has introduced to us, and I find that incredibly endearing. Yeah, and like the above post, Jake and I care about the same weird stuff. Like, yes...yes...I do care about production company spots from before I was born and old 900 number commercials. Our interests overlap pretty much 100 percent.

Also, I know this is all my completely biased POV. I found his podcast a week I was feeling super depressed, and all of a sudden there was this super happy guy talking about all these neat things I was also into, and listening to him would help get me through the day. I look forward to the relentless positivity once a week now.

Jake Fogelnest is a pretty cool dude.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I have XM radio so I've heard Fogelnest a lot before I realized he is also all over these drat comedy podcasts. I much prefer listening to him for 1 minute every half hour than constantly. He seems like a nice guy, just not a guy I need on my podcasts.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I haven't seen anyone post about Nerd Poker in a while, but it's getting really good in all facets. The storyline and setting are way more complex I'm used to from D&D, the riffing's great, Patton Oswalt's been the last two episodes, and they're now campaigning to get Vin Diesel to play with them.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I like Jake because he just seems like such a positive guy. It sounds dumb, but I like the way he tries to find a supportive bend to most of the clips he plays. He seems genuinely in awe at the amazing world the internet has introduced to us, and I find that incredibly endearing. Yeah, and like the above post, Jake and I care about the same weird stuff. Like, yes...yes...I do care about production company spots from before I was born and old 900 number commercials. Our interests overlap pretty much 100 percent.

Also, I know this is all my completely biased POV. I found his podcast a week I was feeling super depressed, and all of a sudden there was this super happy guy talking about all these neat things I was also into, and listening to him would help get me through the day. I look forward to the relentless positivity once a week now.

Jake Fogelnest is a pretty cool dude.

This totally makes sense. I'm glad you found the podcast! I'll stop making GBS threads on your internet buddy, enjoy in good health :shobon:

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Greggy posted:

This totally makes sense. I'm glad you found the podcast! I'll stop making GBS threads on your internet buddy, enjoy in good health :shobon:

Haha it's okay! All opinions are welcome here! I was just explaining why I, personally, like his show. I think his relentless positivity is a welcome change from many other podcasts.

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Haha it's okay! All opinions are welcome here! I was just explaining why I, personally, like his show. I think his relentless positivity is a welcome change from many other podcasts.

This is a major reason I like Who Charted so much.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I think his relentless positivity is a welcome change from many other podcasts.

PepeSilvia posted:

This is a major reason I like Who Charted so much.
It's why "You Made It Weird" is pretty much my religion now. I know this ain't the Nerdist thread but by god, Pete Holmes' constant positive energy and complete openness really gets to me and makes me wanna be the same.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

cams posted:

It's why "You Made It Weird" is pretty much my religion now. I know this ain't the Nerdist thread but by god, Pete Holmes' constant positive energy and complete openness really gets to me and makes me wanna be the same.

LASER!!!! YOU ARE LASER!!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

What are you, the BEST!?!?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Rob Huebel and Adam Pally are on tonight's live I4H!!!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Wow Jake Fogelnest LOOOOVED Studio 60 huh?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Dammit, I'm not going to be able to watch it. I'll have to wait until next Thursday to see it, won't I?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Oh yes, this sounds awesome.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I4H was kind of inconsistent but the post-credits bit was amazing

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
This is now the third I4H live I've missed because of taking a nap, god damnit

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If we're lucky someone will post a link to the video.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Stopped listening to Comedy Bang Bang because christ when it's not funny its horrifying.

But now listening to Shots Fired, Gelmania, and Nerd Poker and they are excellent.

HDTGM and Analyze Phish are good too. Anything else to check out? Last three pages of the thread were solely about Fogelnest, so not helpful.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rafflecast, Professor Blastoff and Improv4humans.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And the Reality Show Show.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Skywalker OG posted:

Stopped listening to Comedy Bang Bang because christ when it's not funny its horrifying.

Thankfully it's never not funny.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Thankfully it's never not funny.

That's a different podcast.

(But seriously, like 90% of CBB episodes are pure gold and the rest are at least OK).

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

GraPar posted:

But seriously, like 90% of CBB episodes are pure gold and the rest are at least OK.
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel about it. The worst episodes are still a C- and most of them are B+ or higher.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Nah the show really dipped and I stopped listening when TV show actors seemingly came on way often. He brings in a comedian too, but sometimes they can't handle the comedy heavy lifting. It just stopped being funny and I have like 20 episodes on backlog now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Evil Agita posted:

Nah the show really dipped and I stopped listening when TV show actors seemingly came on way often. He brings in a comedian too, but sometimes they can't handle the comedy heavy lifting. It just stopped being funny and I have like 20 episodes on backlog now.

Here's probably my favorite recent one if you're accepting good ep recommendations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI

There are still plenty of episodes without any awkward guests.
At a glance I remember 194, 204 and 209 being really good.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 1, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

There are still plenty of episodes without any awkward guests.

The vast majority, in fact.

Bringing an unproven, questionable first time guest on with only one other proven guest was not the best thing to do but the last one of those was like 4 months ago (the Chris Fairbanks and Nat Faxon episodes). Since then they've usually been on a 3 guest episode and if they turn out to be a dud then they usually just clam up and the other two make the ep work. A couple of them have even been pretty good (Steven Yeun and Billy Eichner come to mind).

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Well despite not listening anymore I've lacked the will to unsubscribe. I'll try again this week using those recommendations guys, thanks.

I like Martin Starr, I like the characters he plays on shows, but man that guy is podcast poison.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

199, 200, and 203 are all really solid too.

Also I wouldn't say Martin Starr's podcast poison, but he's sure dead weight. He was on an episode of The Fogelnest Files a while ago where he just said like two things the entire time and had to be prompted for those.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
The show is still great. I've been listening since the Indie 103 days and there's always been the occasional mediocre episode. My only complaint is that Scott's a big TV star now and doesn't have the time to write stuff for his "games" anymore. I miss Who Said It and Hollywood Facts and Alive Or Dead. There's no more Entourage Recap either but the show ended so that one's not his fault.

Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh OH YEAH!!!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I would give up every game as long as What am I Thinking never comes back.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Unfortunately, someone was complaining about "Fortunately, Unfortunately" last week.

Fortunately, the game is always a hilarious disaster and they're gonna keep doing it for a long time to come.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Max22 posted:

Unfortunately, someone was complaining about "Fortunately, Unfortunately" last week.

Fortunately, the game is always a hilarious disaster and they're gonna keep doing it for a long time to come.

Unfortunately, the heat death of the universe will render everything that ever happens ultimately meaningless. There. Now it's done.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
1, 2, 3, Chip Gardner.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
So did any of you yanks with Comedy Central access catch the Kristen Schaal special? Any truth to her bit about it being terrible? :ohdear:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

So did any of you yanks with Comedy Central access catch the Kristen Schaal special? Any truth to her bit about it being terrible? :ohdear:

I had it on in the other room while I was cleaning so I caught about 60 percent of it. I laughed at some stuff so it didn't seem that bad.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Zsinjeh posted:

First half was great, second half really fell flat but on purpose. Odd choice to make for your first special.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It was alright. Had some great bits and some clunkers. Edit out a half of it or so and it'd be solid.

And all you guys hating "Fortunately, Unfortunately" need to go back and listen to when Patton Oswalt and Chris Tallman played for the first time. Tallman does a great job of loving with the premise. Hell, the end change of the theme song is worth it for a sadistic laugh.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Fortunately I got all good impressions I needed of the game from the fantastic Adam Pally / Casey Wilson episode.
Unfortunately it wasn't that good.
Fortunately, thinking back, it was actually pretty decent.
Unfortunately, you know, really wracking by brain about it and asking a couple of friends about it, it turned out to be poo poo
Why would you even read this part, I can't even see it on my screen

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Since earwolf started using the soundcloud player I haven't been able to get their shows on my phone. My phones getting old and can't use fancy "apps" but I can still get the internet. I was using funny or die for a bit but apparently they stopped updating their podcast section a few weeks ago. Anyone know of other sites that put earwolf podcasts up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Trujillo posted:

Since earwolf started using the soundcloud player I haven't been able to get their shows on my phone. My phones getting old and can't use fancy "apps" but I can still get the internet. I was using funny or die for a bit but apparently they stopped updating their podcast section a few weeks ago. Anyone know of other sites that put earwolf podcasts up?

Could you just stream or pull off the individual Earwolf.com pages?