Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Of The Dead
Apr 8, 2007

I'm feelin' clean, I was only thirteen With the heavy starch, on my Bugle Boy Jeans

ZeroDays posted:

Edit: I may have missed it, but who is this JD Kelly from the recent podcast? As far as I could work out, he's just someone who posts on the Rogan board? :confused:

I was pretty confused by that too. All he does is repeat things that were said on other podcasts and agree with rogan and redban on everything. I couldn't finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

AUTOTUNED TOILET posted:

He also, while probably correct in his recent arguments that transgender women shouldn't be allowed to fight assigned-female-at-birth women in the UFC, has worded most of his arguments in ridiculously offensive/transphobic language. Then when that gets pointed out he complains about 'the PC police'. It's mad disappointing.

Is there some kind of pocket handbook of tranny-friendly language I can buy to carry around with me? Because I don't have a clue what words I'm allowed to use at this point.

Also, Kilstein is a sissy.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Edit: retarded derail

ZeroDays fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 26, 2013

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Lovechop posted:

Is there some kind of pocket handbook of tranny-friendly language I can buy to carry around with me? Because I don't have a clue what words I'm allowed to use at this point.

Also, Kilstein is a sissy.

Tranny isn't one of them, for a start.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Don Of The Dead posted:

I was pretty confused by that too. All he does is repeat things that were said on other podcasts and agree with rogan and redban on everything. I couldn't finish it.

They introduced him as a physicist who posts on his forum and then they didn't talk to him about physics once.

Has transchat stopped in recent episodes? Because holy poo poo every single episode I've listened to (up to Ben Hoffman) since David Lee Roth has been a loving cringefest because Joe just won't loving shut up about a 40 year old Z-league can opener who will fade into obscurity as soon as anybody with a hint of talent destroys her.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

I Fought The Mom posted:

They introduced him as a physicist who posts on his forum and then they didn't talk to him about physics once.
Has transchat stopped in recent episodes? Because holy poo poo every single episode I've listened to (up to Ben Hoffman) since David Lee Roth has been a loving cringefest because Joe just won't loving shut up about a 40 year old Z-league can opener who will fade into obscurity as soon as anybody with a hint of talent destroys her.

He brought it up again on the bill burr ep, which is the most recent one I've listened to.

Edit: oh by the way, Ari is on WTF with Marc Maron, latest ep, good poo poo, very Jewish

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 29, 2013

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

I Fought The Mom posted:

I think he had a BS in physics, and he did talk about theoretical physics some with Joe at the end but was pretty honest about the limits of his knowledge. Also, even though I think Joe is getting better at this, I wish he would stop bringing up tripping on mushrooms as a fix to a person's immoral behavior. I know plenty of scummy people who have tripped plenty of times. And its annoying when he brings up tripping or his isolation tank in every scientific discussion.

I think Joe just thinks of TG folk as being crazy silly people instead of people who have physiologically the opposite gender brain for their genitalia. They might be XXs but that doesn't mean that the brain didn't develop into a male's or vice versa. I don't think he understands how dismissive he sounds to their entire lifestyle.

Dr. Christopher Ryan was kind of fun but I think he got his PhD from a McGraduate School in Psychology that doesn't really have a strong biology base.

But overall I think he has a good message, that being nice and treating other people like they are part of yourself is a good rule to have.

FreddyJackieTurner fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 30, 2013

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Last bill burr episode was great, check it out if you haven't.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah, the plane story was great. He told it better on his own podcast though, probably because it wasn't studded with inappropriate "Woah"s. The podcast's length ran a little past Burr's comfort zone though; you could tell he was like "what, we just fillin' time scraping for stuff to talk about?" by the end.

Anyone listened to Chris Ryan's podcast? Think I might try it out.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Did anyone see that monkey video Bill Burr tweet Joe? No? Well here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kRb06w_XPo

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
that's a chimp :cheeky:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

we are all monkeys :shobon:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe Rogan is a MRA now and he thinks its very important that you watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzxdxTM5UI

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 1, 2013

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.

I Fought The Mom posted:

Joe Rogan is a MRA now and he thinks its very important that you watch this video

Those videos are amazing. You can feel his seething hatred for women in a lot of it. Did Joe say what he thought of these videos? Was he taking them seriously?

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
you know rogan hates cunts, but wait, that means guys too!

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
He really seems to hate smart women. I guess its because he's a meathead that grew up near Ivy League schools.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Evil Agita posted:

He really seems to hate smart women. I guess its because he's a meathead that grew up near Ivy League schools.

He got along great with Cara Santa Maria though.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

But she's different, it's the rest of them.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Evil Agita posted:

Hmm. If true, is this view common in people who grew up in Boston, or maybe localized to a specific neighborhood? The only people from Boston I know are academics.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hmm. If true, is this view common in people who grew up in Boston, or maybe localized to a specific neighborhood? The only people from Boston I know are academics.

Everyone knows academics can't be misogynists.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
As much as I love to mock Joe's terrible opinions on things, he actually did help me save a good bit of money every month by introducing me to Ting, which I've never heard mention of outside of his podcast.

I only wish I'd decided to try it sooner, instead of just figuring it was as much of a fake company as Onnit seems to be.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
So does Bryan Callen ever have his own opinion on things?

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

diesiel posted:

So does Bryan Callen ever have his own opinion on things?

The only thing I can recall him disagreeing with Joe on is whether dropping the atom bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was moral and justified.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

As much as I love to mock Joe's terrible opinions on things, he actually did help me save a good bit of money every month by introducing me to Ting, which I've never heard mention of outside of his podcast.

I only wish I'd decided to try it sooner, instead of just figuring it was as much of a fake company as Onnit seems to be.

I also like Audible quite a lot, it's pretty rad being able to listen to books (rather than bulk podcasts) at work.

As far as the MRA thing, it'll probably go back into the closet with bigfoot & moontruths, rather than be trotted out all the time, like simulation theory or hemp products. Goddamn am I tired of hearing Joe say 'it's not eeeven psychoactive!!!'.

The Maroon Ninja
Sep 19, 2005

Olmeethee, Woolyaayen, Onthecanabeedum
dumbarroomdingum

I Fought The Mom posted:

That is a terribly lovely indefensible video clearly made by someone with some heavy issues. Let's be crystal clear on that.

That being said, I don't know where you get that he is a Men's Right's Advocate from his tweeting it. Stupid bullshit like this goes on in office situations all the time, and any of us who have worked in an office have seen stupid stuff from stupid men and stupid women. It's a big reason I never want to work in an office again, because of all the petty politics people play. The day I left my fulltime office job was the best day of my life.

It's kind of like saying that I'm an advocate for trampoline accidents if I tweeted a fail video and said "I'm really glad I don't own a trampoline".

The Maroon Ninja fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 3, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Joey Donuts posted:

Those videos are amazing. You can feel his seething hatred for women in a lot of it. Did Joe say what he thought of these videos? Was he taking them seriously?

He said it was a very smart video that described the situation of 'donglegate' and the background mentalities surrounding it accurately

So yeah, Joe Rogan is a poo poo.

Edit:

I didn't know that he tweeted it, but he talked about it on his podcast and described it how I put it above. He usually tries to keep his misogyny quiet, but it comes out sometimes, usually when there's something that shows up in pop culture like the dongle thing. He's said in the past that guys who are into feminism are just trying to be nice to women in order to get laid, that they're weak gender traitors (a real quote), and other poo poo like that. All pretty standard libertarian MRA shitlord points of view.

It's kind of hilarious considering all of his lip service about hallucinogens magically turning you into an empathetic good person.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 5, 2013

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I Fought The Mom posted:

He said it was a very smart video that described the situation of 'donglegate' and the background mentalities surrounding it accurately

So yeah, Joe Rogan is a poo poo.

Edit:

I didn't know that he tweeted it, but he talked about it on his podcast and described it how I put it above. He usually tries to keep his misogyny quiet, but it comes out sometimes, usually when there's something that shows up in pop culture like the dongle thing. He's said in the past that guys who are into feminism are just trying to be nice to women in order to get laid, that they're weak gender traitors (a real quote), and other poo poo like that. All pretty standard libertarian MRA shitlord points of view.

It's kind of hilarious considering all of his lip service about hallucinogens magically turning you into an empathetic good person.

Was that the poo poo he was going off about on Twitter today? Something about women who hate kids are cunts? Really? Oh, Joe :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wish Brian would turn Joe's mic off. Imagine just Brian talking with some quantum physicist guy. "Rorld"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
He's now asking why it's a bad thing to be called a MRA, he's really just ignorant, I don't detect much malice, just a lack of education

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
You should educate him on his podcast.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

diesiel posted:

You should educate him on his podcast.

I'll have to bait and switch him by writing a book about mushrooms being alien life forms that spurred evolution. Then when I show up and he's really high I'll yell PATRIARCHY, tell him to check his privilege and exit with a tip of my fedora.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

can you imagine

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'll have to bait and switch him by writing a book about mushrooms being alien life forms that spurred evolution. Then when I show up and he's really high I'll yell PATRIARCHY, tell him to check his privilege and exit with a tip of my fedora.

You just need a good gorilla loving

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
If there's one thing The Joe Rogan Experience podcast needs it's more social justice.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jesus loving christ, Joe's twitter right now. I mustn't stare too long...

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
"If you're a man and you call yourself a feminist I hope you choke to death on vegan pizza while crying over a lady gaga song." Hahahah

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I, too, would be a #HUMANIST in a perfect dream world entirely removed from the reality of our own

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Lovechop posted:

"If you're a man and you call yourself a feminist I hope you choke to death on vegan pizza while crying over a lady gaga song." Hahahah

TREATING WOMEN LIKE HUMAN BEINGS WORTHY OF CONSIDERATION AND RESPECT JUST MAKES ME SO.... ARGHHHHH *pops alpha brain, punches wall*

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

i think you need to add some shroomtech to that too and maybe some battle ropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Make sure to double down on some hemp force, while you're at it (it's not psychoactive, you know).