Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ya'll also aren't furiously carrying water for a 12 year old George Zimmerman at the moment either so, yep.

Hahahaha, are they actually arguing about Carl offing that dude?

Standard_Zombie_Fiction_Trope_42 attacks YOU for 10000 damage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Robb has horses. It's fights that don't exist.

The tournament of the hand had less production value than a Ren Fest, Tyrion took a nap during his battle, Whispering Wood never happened, the Blackwater was a small affair, there was that thing where Grey Wind attacked the farting guy then it cut to black and everyone was dead, and the last scene of season 2 was OMG ICE ZOMBIES and the open of season 3 was "lol j/k they all went away off screen".

It's pretty impressive that the Walking Dead (another incredibly terrible show) can work in extra zombie battles every week, but seeing Edd or Mormont swinging a sword at a zombie would have bankrupted GoT so instead here's another half-assed scene where a guy that was in the battle has ketchup on his forehead and says "it's over we won lol" and the ratings inexplicably go up.

Also, I'm sick of people saying we're in a golden age of good tv. All these big shows suck mad dick and the last decent show was the Wire. Breaking Bad is stupid and annoying. Burn down TVIV, permaban Rarity, and ban TV discussion everywhere. Hail satan.

This post is a thing of beauty. It also reminds me we will never see Ebert tear into the inevitable GoT blockbuster.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The tale of Dunk & Egg: the story eagerly awaited by tens of people. Coming to a theater near you.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joramun posted:

Dany are you OK
Dany are you OK
Are you OK Dany
You've been hit by
You've been struck by
A smooth criminal

jesus christ that caught me off guard and busted out lauging at work

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

It's pretty impressive that the Walking Dead (another incredibly terrible show) can work in extra zombie battles every week, but seeing Edd or Mormont swinging a sword at a zombie would have bankrupted GoT so instead here's another half-assed scene where a guy that was in the battle has ketchup on his forehead and says "it's over we won lol" and the ratings inexplicably go up.

To be fair, if memory serves, they did this exact same thing in the book if I remember so at least it's being faithful in that regard.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Contra Calculus posted:

To be fair, if memory serves, they did this exact same thing in the book if I remember so at least it's being faithful in that regard.

Much of the battle was off screen, but sam was still in the thick of it, and mormont was shouting orders, and fire arrows and A BEAR A BEAR ALL COVERED IN HOAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VMSYIXCCY

I actually listened to the lyrics and got kind of creeped out.

edit: you learn something every day!

quote:

The song is a motif that reflects the relationships between several characters, including Sandor Clegane and Sansa Stark, Jorah Mormont and Daenerys Targaryen, and, almost comically, Brienne of Tarth and Jaime Lannister (where Sandor, Jorah, and Brienne symbolize "the Bear" who either literally or figuratively saves the "Maiden Fair").

The song's relevance to Jorah and Dany is emphasized by the fact that a bear is the sigil of House Mormont and that fair skin and hair are ubiquitous features among the bloodline of House Targaryen.

In A Game of Thrones, Sansa Stark is infatuated by the idea of the chivalrous prince and the knight in shining armor, archetypes which she believes are embodied by Ser Loras and, mistakenly, Prince Joffrey. Accordingly, when Joffrey and his court abuse and beat her, it is not the stereotypical knight but the deformed Sandor Clegane who comes to her rescue.

After Jaime Lannister is tortured and later released from Harrenhal, the physically repulsive Brienne steers Jaime away from suicide and sets him on the path to redemption. Ironically, Jaime later saves Brienne from a grizzly bear in the bear pit at Harrenhal.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 5, 2013

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

81 new posts, and each one pure liquid (brown) gold!

Also, I watched an episode of TWD every now and then, telling myself it would get better. Then they copped out with Dale, then with Carl shooting the zombie version of Shane, and I was like, you punch-pulling, pussy-rear end fucks. Can't even get a major plot point right. gently caress that show and all its fans, too.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

SaviourX posted:

81 new posts, and each one pure liquid (brown) gold!

Also, I watched an episode of TWD every now and then, telling myself it would get better. Then they copped out with Dale, then with Carl shooting the zombie version of Shane, and I was like, you punch-pulling, pussy-rear end fucks. Can't even get a major plot point right. gently caress that show and all its fans, too.

Not counting GOT fans TWD has to have the most obnoxious fans possible. I don't even know why but they're always like that.

Maybe it's because that's how anyone acts that likes Zombie related material made after 80s.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Burn down TVIV, permaban Rarity, and ban TV discussion everywhere. Hail satan.

I agree.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Thulsa Doom posted:

Edd fell on the camera, duh.

Stop being a homofobe

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Does anyone else think that GRRM has probably been leaving creepy messages on Lena Headey's phone offering to let her crash at his house since word got out that she's broke?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jesus, what a poorly written article. Did they get someone's 15-year-old nephew to jam out a single draft two minutes before going live?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Jesus, what a poorly written article. Did they get someone's 15-year-old nephew to jam out a single draft two minutes before going live?

Well it is USA Today. They were the Gurm of newspapers even before print journalism died.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

IRQ posted:

Well it is USA Today. They were the Gurm of newspapers even before print journalism died.

Now now, don't say that. They always meet their deadlines.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man, where did all the sweet Dredd 3D money go? (Sucks for her :( )

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That is some serious method acting right there

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Now she pretty much has to keep working with GRRM, which is the saddest thing.

Poor Lena. :(

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 5, 2013

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I still don't get why the three knights of the Kingsguard were chilling at the Tower of Joy during the rebellion. At first I thought it was something to do with new baby Jon being next in line for the throne and them having to defend him but he'd still be a bastard and succession would pass to Viserys. Is it really just a "gently caress you, we're not running" thing, even if they'd be running to defend the new, actual, eight-year-old King?

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Fargo Fukes posted:

I still don't get why the three knights of the Kingsguard were chilling at the Tower of Joy during the rebellion. At first I thought it was something to do with new baby Jon being next in line for the throne and them having to defend him but he'd still be a bastard and succession would pass to Viserys. Is it really just a "gently caress you, we're not running" thing, even if they'd be running to defend the new, actual, eight-year-old King?

I think it was for baby Jon; Rhaegar was dead and if King's Landing fell it was likely Viserys and the entire family could be executed (they got most of them), so they were defending who could be the last of the Targaryan line.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Targaryens were polygamists on top of the whole incest thing, so it's not unreasonable for Rhaegar to have married Lyanna, probably in front of a weirwood so Bran can see it.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Now she pretty much has to keep working with GRRM, which is the saddest thing.

Poor Lena. :(
She'll have no choice but to play Jessie in the inevitably upcoming HBO adaptation of The Pear-Shaped Man.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Thulsa Doom posted:

Targaryens were polygamists on top of the whole incest thing, so it's not unreasonable for Rhaegar to have married Lyanna, probably in front of a weirwood so Bran can see it.

No weirwoods in the south :colbert: (except at the Isle of Faces. What is up with the Isle of Faces?).

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I can not think of a worse punishment for Cersei Lannister than having to work with GURM for the rest of your life.

Too cruel, George, too cruel.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

thornghost posted:

Does anyone else think that GRRM has probably been leaving creepy messages on Lena Headey's phone offering to let her crash at his house since word got out that she's broke?

That's just silly, she's clearly too old for GRRM.

Though the creepiest thing they could do right now would be to offer her extra cash up front in exchange for her to contract to shave her head and do full-frontal for Cersei's walk of shame.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That's not creepy, that's good business sense on her part. Always charge more for that stuff, if they really want it they will pay.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

It's a place with weirdwoods in the south so Rhaegar and Lyanna can marry in front of one. Or several.

We're never going to see that, though, since the next book will never come out and the HBO adapation of the ending will be a fade out followed by a fade in with Sam looking directly into the camera and explaining what just happened to the vast hosts of twenty people.

Since there will be no next book, I'm going to pretend that all the insane theories on westeros.org are true and the next book will have an ice dragon and the stone kings rising out of the crypt under Winterfell :black101:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The final season better be crazy, every episode made of bizarre stock footage while random words flash on screen as the actors monologue about their childhood traumas.

And then Dany turns out to be a clone of Jon's mother.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
In the last episode, it is revealed the entire world is the Village and Hodor is 6.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Patrick Mcgoohan would've made a great Roose Bolton.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

They really are in a giant clockwork toy. Sam will have to ascend to the artificial sun and set it right again, restoring the seasons. He will fail because he is fat.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The final season better be crazy, every episode made of bizarre stock footage while random words flash on screen as the actors monologue about their childhood traumas.

And then Dany turns out to be a clone of Jon's mother.
I just hope Qyburn wins the entire thing and sends his Frankenknights to massacre everything and everybody all the way to the farthest corners of the land.

I wasn't aware how much I actually loved that character until I involuntarily let out an audible squeal when he was first introduced on the show last week.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Robert Strong better have Robb's head and Jaime's hand.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Wouldn't somebody notice he has one wee little hand and one big one? He probably does, but that sounds really dumb, unless Jaime's hand had some sword magic bullshit in it.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Fargo Fukes posted:

Patrick Mcgoohan would've made a great Roose Bolton.
The one we have now (Michael McElhatton) is pretty fantastic, though. One of the best and most spot-on castings the show has made.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Thulsa Doom posted:

Wouldn't somebody notice he has one wee little hand and one big one? He probably does, but that sounds really dumb, unless Jaime's hand had some sword magic bullshit in it.

I'm pretty sure Jaime's hand rotted away at harrenhal anyway

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

equity posted:

I'm pretty sure Jaime's hand rotted away at harrenhal anyway

What, you don't pickle your severed hands in case you need them later?

Only the Onion Knight can defeat the Pickle Knight. It is known.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Joramun posted:

The one we have now (Michael McElhatton) is pretty fantastic, though. One of the best and most spot-on castings the show has made.

I really don't like him. He doesn't look a drat thing like I expected, and the show has done absolutely nothing with him up to the end of season 2. Roose may as well just be some random guy delivering the same lines and occupying the same role.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

I still demand to know how they have this huge budget and put all this attention to detail into costuming and all and Daenerys' and Circe's hair still looks like poo poo.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Thulsa Doom posted:

I still demand to know how they have this huge budget and put all this attention to detail into costuming and all and Daenerys' and Circe's hair still looks like poo poo.
Melisandre's as well. Making wigs look natural and convincing is hard, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
The eyebrows don't really help