Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Should I be worried? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triangle
Jul 30, 2011

Heh. If I was actually unchill, I would be using all caps and/or exclamation marks in my posts, but I am chill. Clowns like you make me laugh, that's what clowns do. Added to my ignore list.
Looks like someone wants to be xhxix

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

I decided that, hey, I wonder if there's any decent fanart for A Song of Ice and Fire. And there is!

Robert Baratheon's about to win his little rebellion and get fat, good for him.

Snow, a raven, and Ghost hanging out. Snow kinda looks like Keanu Reeves, but hey, still pretty solid.

Probably should have expected to find something like this.

Ygritte's looking a bit, uh, intense there. Surprisingly enough, a fanartist seems to have forgotten that she actually dressed somewhat sensibly for a cold climate. They didn't forget the armpit hair, though :v:

Well, that's straightforward.

That's a bit moreso.

:stare: Uh...

:3:

Edit: Also found one comparing Snow and Sam to Tard and Pokey.

Beepity Boop has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Apr 8, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Is that Sloth from the Goonies?! :allears:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

What in the everliving gently caress. That's the work of a serial killer.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Niton posted:

What in the everliving gently caress. That's the work of a serial killer.

I actually think it looks pretty cool! I mean I'm not really thrilled that there's a pony, but stylistically I think it's interesting. Is there a source for it?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

quote:

I honestly can't think of any single blink-and-you'd-miss-it animation mistake that has caused more grief than that maybe three-frame shot of an upright-sitting unicorn way in the background.

Oh... yeah. How could I forget?

The Duke of Butts
Aug 9, 2008

by Ralp
I'm pretty sure that's Masada from Yume Nikki.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

"WISE FWOM YOUW GWAVE"

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

The Duke of Butts posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Masada from Yume Nikki.

Actually, I think you're right. The creature on his shoulder looks kind of like a Toriningen (also from Yume Nikki).

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Kitten Head Ridge posted:

Actually, I think you're right. The creature on his shoulder looks kind of like a Toriningen (also from Yume Nikki).

I just don't understand why Derpy is there. What do ponies have to do with Yume Nikki?

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I just don't understand why Derpy is there. What do ponies have to do with Yume Nikki?
I have no idea, and I'm probably just as confused as you are. Probably some idiot thought, "Ooh, Masada and Derpy both have googly eyes, so I'll draw them together!"

And I only know about Derpy's eyes because of the awkward/ugly thread.

Kitten Head Ridge has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Apr 8, 2013

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

scarycave posted:

Yep. Teens-kids killing each other so Kawaii!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Goddammit. Is there nothing that anime will not touch? I already gave up on Star Wars being free of ponies when I discovered this:

EDIT. Since so many of you have kindly pointed out, MLP isn't an anime. No poo poo, really? I am aware of this. I was just pointing out that anime illustrations of popular works are just as invasive as Pony illustrations of popular works. And by that I mean there is a plague of both.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Apr 9, 2013

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Goddammit. Is there nothing that anime will not touch? I already gave up on Star Wars being free of ponies when I discovered this:

:ssh: MLP isn't an anime. It's an American show.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Mycroft Holmes posted:

The thought process goes like this:
  • Here is a thing I like
  • It does not contain ponies
  • Therefore, ponies
With the end result making gently caress all sense and usually causing anger and confusion. It's the only way to explain stuff like Fallout Equestria. Well, that, advanced mental illness and a few proclivities that'll get you on government watchlists.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Anime means "anything animated that I don't like".

The Duke of Butts
Aug 9, 2008

by Ralp

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

The thought process goes like this:
  • Here is a thing I like
  • It does not contain ponies
  • Therefore, ponies
With the end result making gently caress all sense and usually causing anger and confusion. It's the only way to explain stuff like Fallout Equestria. Well, that, advanced mental illness and a few proclivities that'll get you on government watchlists.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

autism.jpg

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

That's some comment their junior - your sympathy is truly a beacon of hope for this sad time in history. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure this isn't the only Pony in history piece.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gxoQ5xe7pk

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

That video is private.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Imagine being the high school literature teacher who had this handed in as an assignment by a wide-eyed student...

Kitten Head Ridge posted:

And I only know about Derpy's eyes because of the awkward/ugly thread.

Back in the 80's, the reaction to animation mistakes in the "My Little Pony" cartoon was me and three other MLP collecting girls at recess asking each other, "Say, didn't Wind Whistler speak with Gusty's voice that one time? That was weird. Oh well." Nowadays, the reaction to animation mistakes in the "My Little Pony" cartoon is Derpygate and "Lyra wants hands!" and I honestly don't know if Bronies or the Internet in general are more to blame for that kind of thing. :sigh:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Rahonavis posted:

Imagine being the high school literature teacher who had this handed in as an assignment by a wide-eyed student...

Back in the 80's, the reaction to animation mistakes in the "My Little Pony" cartoon was me and three other MLP collecting girls at recess asking each other, "Say, didn't Wind Whistler speak with Gusty's voice that one time? That was weird. Oh well." Nowadays, the reaction to animation mistakes in the "My Little Pony" cartoon is Derpygate and "Lyra wants hands!" and I honestly don't know if Bronies or the Internet in general are more to blame for that kind of thing. :sigh:

The simpsons started it by having hidden jokes and scenes, South Park added it by having aliens hidden throughout the show and the internet harbored it where people could laugh at mistakes. Combine them together and you get Derpy.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

I honestly don't know if Bronies or the Internet in general are more to blame for that kind of thing.

Internet. If it wasn't ponies, it would have been something else. It's fun and all to freak out at the new weird rear end fandom but if they weren't looking at that they'd be frame by frame analyzing anime or writing dissertations on the sweat of aliens from Mass Effect or something.

Just sit back and enjoy the wide variety of poo poo coming out of it.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

razorscooter posted:

Internet. If it wasn't ponies, it would have been something else. It's fun and all to freak out at the new weird rear end fandom but if they weren't looking at that they'd be frame by frame analyzing anime or writing dissertations on the sweat of aliens from Mass Effect or something.

Just sit back and enjoy the wide variety of poo poo coming out of it.

Well it looks like I'm not the only one that thinks James May is autistic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chorocojo posted:

I actually think it looks pretty cool! I mean I'm not really thrilled that there's a pony, but stylistically I think it's interesting. Is there a source for it?

The artist's da handle is trolomanchu or something similar. Enjoy!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Aww, Llamaterasu?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
First one's an alpaca.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Rahonavis posted:

The more I think about it, the more I feel this guy's art is the most downright haunting thing ever found in these threads; more so than even the Foreverially tiedup deli meat, the Siren-Ducks, the Chuck-E-Cheese band dressed as Michael Jackson, the Sonic characters riding trains, and the rollercoaster-dragons. Hell, the first image made me figure this was just a particularly weird part of the "Lyra Wants Hands" thing*. But apparently he knows a person with this disease and for whatever reason, he figured the best and most appropriate way to react was to become doubly-fixated on pony hands? :wtc:

It's really sweet actually, while embarrassing and weird. The dude is "asexual" i mean most likely he's an extremely nerdy kid coming to grips with some realities you know?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

WWII (I think?) picture with Rainbow Dash in it for no good loving reason.

What really struck me is that someone with a Black Books quote for their signature could possibly be that idiotic.

The Duke of Butts
Aug 9, 2008

by Ralp
I hope you guys didn't think that was the only piece of this master's work

He did more under the name DaVca on DeviantArt, but for some strange reason his account has been closed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Concordat posted:

First one's an alpaca.

It's really the same poo poo.

I find it funny how the pony is using the much nicer white fountain in that picture, yet the tone of the picture is obviously that of discrimination against ponies.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

CarnEvil fanart.

I had no idea this was a thing. CarnEvil owned in the arcades, but still.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

I hope you guys didn't think that was the only piece of this master's work

(stupid)

He did more under the name DaVca on DeviantArt, but for some strange reason his account has been closed.

It's almost something you would see on a particularly bad photoshop thread:

ORIGINAL ART BY ME, DO NOT STEEL

Doctor President® 2013

DoctorPresident has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Apr 9, 2013

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

DoctorPresident posted:

It's almost something you would see on a particularly bad photoshop thread:

ORIGINAL ART BY ME, DO NOT STEEL

Doctor President® 2013

Aw, drat, fanart makes a good quality steel base. The USS Enterprise was constructed out of 60% fanart-based steel!

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Another, darker take on the cute and lovable Bub/Bob from Bubble Bobble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I remember one of the comments on the deviant art page completely changed one young brony's life, making him finally able to empathize with what happened in the vietnam war. :rolleyes:

edit: I was mistaken it was that holocaust one post earlier. Still, what the bloody gently caress is wrong with you if you can't empathize with the holocaust.

• Locked thread