Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This was the true highlight of the update

symptom posted:

I dunno why, but he seems to be eating in time with the music during the video.
I have absolutely no idea why, but Monobear eating reminded me of Yuffie's Theme from Final Fantasy 7. Sadly, they don't quite sync.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tomn posted:

It was probably just a trick of the animation, but while I was watching that I was almost willing to swear that Monobear was getting bigger as he ate.

Tricks of animation aside, though, that bear's either chubbier than he looks or he's got some really inefficient fat-storage mechanisms. He's taken barely two bites out of that thing and he's bloated up like a balloon!

Bears have to eat a lot before they hibernate. It's just normal for bears to do, and what is Monobear but a completely normal little bear?

Onecanofsprite
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Bears have to eat a lot before they hibernate. It's just normal for bears to do, and what is Monobear but a completely normal little bear?

A completely murderous little bear.

Radian Angle
Oct 29, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Now I have proof.

I suck at this.

Onecanofsprite posted:

At least more so then the average bear.

Waffleman_ posted:

Technically, all the people Monobear has killed were murderers judged by a jury of their peers, so he's technically a hero of justice.

Except for the super highschool level soldier.
Sure she kicked him but he let someone else go for the same thing.

Radian Angle fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 10, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Onecanofsprite posted:

Technically, all the people Monobear has killed were murderers judged by a jury of their peers, so he's technically a hero of justice.

Naegi never actually died and Kirigiri's never canonically happened, so they don't count.

thelarue
Mar 5, 2013
I am SOOO glad that the very questionable looking position was the one that really sealed the deal about Teruteru's guilt. Come on, we all know he can't forget about that! I guess now we just take bets on what his execution is:

I am voting for something that involves being baked into a cake! Or maybe it could be something involves a giant skewer since he is portly.

Thanks for the translations, looking forward to the execution and next chapter.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Armanky posted:

What I will say is we should give folks more leeway for not keeping up with the prevailing theory if they're trying to piece information together on their own time.

I don't agree at all.

This is my litmus test, and how I decide who gets punished for not reading this thread:

You have a theory. Pick a keyword from it like "suicide" or "skewer". Search on the page you're about to post on it. Did someone post your theory on that same page with that keyword? That means you didn't do the bare minimum. If the theory is the same as yours, don't post it. If you can expand on it, quote that post and do it. (And if your post is going to be one of the first ones on a new page, check the previous.)

If you posted the theory, and someone else happened to post something similar very soon before (check for this), just edit your post and add a "gently caress: beaten." Show me you are trying to keep up with things.

The reason people skim/don't read this thread is because it is a ton of the same theories over and over and over. It really needs less posting in general; it moves too fast for people to keep up, and when things repeat, it just snowballs and gets worse.

So the bare minimum I'm asking is to search the page you're on.

Now, if you're new to the thread, and you just caught up, fine, but can't you read a couple of the last few pages? Just make sure your brilliant "Hanamura killed him from under the floor" theory hasn't been recently addressed? Even if not directly, are people still bringing it up? edit: And if it hasn't and you genuinely didn't know, it's not a giant deal, but just add a "I checked the last couple pages for this" just to show good faith.

This forum is built on the fact that you're supposed to be reading and joining in the conversation, not just interjecting the first thing in your head.

No, I don't expect you to read a couple hundred pages, but I do expect you to expend some effort.

edit: In case you did mean other posters dogpiling, there's a new LP forum thread that addresses this on the top of the thread list.

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 10, 2013

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Skunkrocker posted:

Whenever I explain Monobear to someone, I always say "He's kind of like a japanese anime mascot version of Freddy Krueger."

I think he's funnier than Krueger. Well, later Elm Street movies Krueger at least.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

orenronen posted:

You have no idea where the weapon is!!

(top) Bone
(left) on
(right) Meat
(bottom) a

Meat on a Bone

I want to point out something very important here. See these pieces of text you have to place in order? Do you see them? They randomize position every time you get the opposition down to no shields.

THEY RANDOMIZE POSITION.

That makes PTA one of the hardest drat things to do in playing the game blind. It isn't just bashing your head against the wall until it works, it's making positive you didn't put things in the same order more than once, because that is entirely possible. It took me nearly twenty minutes of going through the PTA, trying to make sure I wasn't repeating myself, and then attempting to guess what the letters were saying for an educated attempt at getting this over with. It was only sheer dumb luck that I managed it as quickly as I did in future trials.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Hanamura definitely had a cool breakdown. I liked how he started slurring, then'dvanced to droppin' sllables n thn bcam cmpltly unintelligible :P

Poor typing is in imitation. You often don't see breakdowns like that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm not really sure that saying "Meat a on bone! :downs:", or whatever slightly-mixed-up order, would necessarily equate to you losing the argument (and thence the trial) anyway, as long as you're not just sitting there yelling "ON ON ON ON" over and over, but that same gameplay criticism has been coming up since DR1. :shrug: e: Hell, as long as you manage to blurt out "meat" and "bone" your basic point should still get made.

"Did he say 'Meat on bone a'? Hinata, that doesn't even make any sense, JEEZ. Well, guess it's back to square 1. I vote that it was Nagito. And that Kirigiri's a ghost."

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 10, 2013

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

I'm not really sure that saying "Meat a on bone! :downs:", or whatever slightly-mixed-up order, would necessarily equate to you losing the argument (and thence the trial) anyway, as long as you're not just sitting there yelling "ON ON ON ON" over and over, but that same gameplay criticism has been coming up since DR1. :shrug:

"Did he say 'Meat on bone a'? Hinata, that doesn't even make any sense, JEEZ. Well, guess it's back to square 1. I vote that it was Nagito. And that Kirigiri's a ghost."

"ASPDERJD'EWJFDFS'M<SDSSDFJ!!!"

"BONE A MEAT ON!"

"Oh no, Hinata's doing it too. Maybe he's guilty!"

Shoopuf posted:

I want to point out something very important here. See these pieces of text you have to place in order? Do you see them? They randomize position every time you get the opposition down to no shields.

THEY RANDOMIZE POSITION.

I was worried about this if the iOS version ever comes out.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

loquacius posted:

Maybe that wouldn't happen in this game, but in the first this sounds exactly like something that would have been said.

Our cast, while just as crazy, appears to be a bit more mentally competent. It might just be the absense of our favorite fortune teller.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

orenronen posted:

Yes, let's eat that delicious-looking meat. If we find the skewer there... bingo!

Alright! Monomi, Monobear, anyone -- go grab us that meat and bring it here!

One minute... I’ll destroy that whole thing in just one minute!

Do you really want to eat that Akane?, That skewer may have been used to kill someone and even if it was wiped off there's still going to be human blood on it!, blood that's now in the meat!

That's like eating a delicious cake that someone stuck their dick into! It may still look good, smell good, and maybe even taste good but it's still bad because someone stuck their dick in it!

Torino
Mar 6, 2013

If I could find a way to put my own soul into a computer, that would surely create a true “strong AIâ€Â...

Mr.Flibble posted:

Do you really want to eat that Akane?, That skewer may have been used to kill someone and even if it was wiped off there's still going to be human blood on it!, blood that's now in the meat!

Is....is that the -real- reason why Monobear thought it tasted so good? :gonk:

Torino fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 10, 2013

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It was Hanamura's secret ingredient.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Mr.Flibble posted:

That's like eating a delicious cake that someone stuck their dick into! It may still look good, smell good, and maybe even taste good but it's still bad because someone stuck their dick in it!

The skewer is in the bone and it is clean, so I'm sure it's okay to eat. A SHSL cook won't let his murdering make his food inedible after all. :v:

a spooky ghost
Jan 1, 2010

stay the same never change
I'm just glad we didn't start things off with the SHSL Cook serving Togami for dinner.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

You have no idea where the weapon is!!

(top) Bone
(left) on
(right) Meat
(bottom) a

Anyone else bothered by the fact the buttons are the wrong colour?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm glad they included the litter alarm. Otherwise, it would be too easy for anyone to get rid of evidence given the size of the island and the proximity of the ocean.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mr.Flibble posted:

Just further evidence that she's really a Super High School Level Werewolf.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

a spooky ghost posted:

I'm just glad we didn't start things off with the SHSL Cook serving Togami for dinner.

"It's Togami! Soylent Green is made out of Togamiiiii!"

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Jeek posted:

The skewer is in the bone and it is clean, so I'm sure it's okay to eat. A SHSL cook won't let his murdering make his food inedible after all. :v:

Unless, that is, he just cut the ends off the bones, and stuck the skewer into the meat while plugging the other end of the bone on the tip. Seems a touch easier than ramming a skewer straight through bone marrow and then pulling it out again later. Gundam's comment about a "bone hilt and a meat sheath" would seem to support that.

Speaking of which, that line isn't getting enough love. The Sword of Doom in a meat sheath bringing catastrophe upon heirs everywhere!

Edit: On a side note, has anyone commented on the irony of Togami spotting the skewers as potential murder weapons right away and even making a big deal out of it before getting stabbed with one?

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Tomn posted:

Unless, that is, he just cut the ends off the bones, and stuck the skewer into the meat while plugging the other end of the bone on the tip. Seems a touch easier than ramming a skewer straight through bone marrow and then pulling it out again later. Gundam's comment about a "bone hilt and a meat sheath" would seem to support that.

Look, it really doesn't matter how the skewer was hidden in the bone now. You're just spitting heirs at this point.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

loquacius posted:

I'm not really sure that saying "Meat a on bone! :downs:", or whatever slightly-mixed-up order, would necessarily equate to you losing the argument (and thence the trial) anyway, as long as you're not just sitting there yelling "ON ON ON ON" over and over, but that same gameplay criticism has been coming up since DR1. :shrug: e: Hell, as long as you manage to blurt out "meat" and "bone" your basic point should still get made.

It's a video game mechanic, you really should just relax. Next you'll be complaining that tapping a beat isn't a valid form of argumentation.

If it makes you feel any better, just imagine that if you don't get the wording right you're coming up with some totally random nonsense.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.

tiistai posted:

It's a video game mechanic, you really should just relax. Next you'll be complaining that tapping a beat isn't a valid form of argumentation.

If it makes you feel any better, just imagine that if you don't get the wording right you're coming up with some totally random nonsense.

Yeah, Japanese can be extremely different if the kanji are in different orders, or the wrong Kanji are used.

Meat is Niku, but if you accidentally switch the syllables you get Kuni or provinces if a quick search is correct. Yes, switching the words in english doesn't really make much sense, but say it was only the word meat that you were trying to get.

-T-
A-E
-M-

You could mess up the letters and come up with things like "Atem", (German word for breath), Team, or Mate.

One mistake makes nonsense that doesn't have any real accurate reason to be said.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

slowbeef posted:

Now, if you're new to the thread, and you just caught up, fine, but can't you read a couple of the last few pages? Just make sure your brilliant "Hanamura killed him from under the floor" theory hasn't been recently addressed? Even if not directly, are people still bringing it up? edit: And if it hasn't and you genuinely didn't know, it's not a giant deal, but just add a "I checked the last couple pages for this" just to show good faith.

This forum is built on the fact that you're supposed to be reading and joining in the conversation, not just interjecting the first thing in your head.

No, I don't expect you to read a couple hundred pages, but I do expect you to expend some effort.

Oh, no, if someone presents a theory that's been discussed within the last few pages and treats it like a bold and original concept that they and only they were smart enough to come up with, I don't mind people calling them out on that.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it's reasonable for someone to not catch a theory being reasoned out. For instance, very early on we established that Togami likely chased Nagito under the table. In later pages, however, our theories simplified this to something more along the lines of "once Togami winds up under the table...", causing anybody who didn't notice the justification to stop and say "wait, how the hell does Togami wind up under the table?", which is reasonable when the explanation has been pushed 50 pages back. Re-clarifying something in this case shouldn't be too much to ask.

I was thinking it would be neat to give people a chance to work things out on their own and still participate in the discussion, but considering that Hanamura's name has been thrown around constantly for the past hundred pages or so, that's basically impossible, so I take that statement back. People who wanna do that really don't have a choice but to avoid the thread entirely (except for the LP itself, obviously).

I think the problem is people who do decide to work it out by themselves who, when they've figured everything out, feel like they can go ahead and dump their results in the thread. That assumption has led to a lot of the rehashed theories and posters acting like Albert Einstein for proving a theory that was worked out on the thread before the trial even began. So the bottom line then is that if you're going to start posting in the thread, you have to have some idea of where the thread is at. If your theory matches up with the thread's, give yourself a pat on the back! If you disagree on some points, that can warrant further discussion, but I agree that we need less of people vomiting their entire theory into one mega post and just assuming we've probably never seen it before.

JolanJoestar
Feb 25, 2013

Radian Angle posted:

I want a picture of someone licking our dear chef and saying he tastes of lies.

Image courtesy of https://risotto-nero.tumblr.com

CsTheDay
Oct 17, 2012
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask about the OSTs again, as I remember them being discussed a while back.

Do I remember hearing that there's some sort of bundle for the OSTs from both games available?

Also, can someone confirm that they contain the themes from the OP sequences?

Cheers!

tsundair
Nov 4, 2012

This is the best thing I have ever seen. I feel like it's supposed to be a reference to something, but I'm not sure what. The art style is tipping me off.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

tsundair posted:

This is the best thing I have ever seen. I feel like it's supposed to be a reference to something, but I'm not sure what. The art style is tipping me off.

Jojo's bizarre adventure

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 10, 2013

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

tsundair posted:

Specifically

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Seshoho Cian posted:

Anyone else bothered by the fact the buttons are the wrong colour?

They are, but the PSP face buttons are just grey lines on all the models, as far as I know.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

kirbysuperstar posted:

They are, but the PSP face buttons are just grey lines on all the models, as far as I know.

They are, and the Vita's the same. Only the big console controllers have coloured buttons.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

...While I am sure that image is one that gets taken out of context alot, I need to know...is he sweating like that before he gets licked, or does it start there?

Because if it's the former, I don't think licking him was neccesary. If the latter I think he may be sweating out of terror more than being a liar.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gensuki posted:

...While I am sure that image is one that gets taken out of context alot, I need to know...is he sweating like that before he gets licked, or does it start there?

Because if it's the former, I don't think licking him was neccesary. If the latter I think he may be sweating out of terror more than being a liar.

Read it right to left.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
EDIT: That is off topic enough for me to be probated/banned I think.

So Hanamura is guilty. For his execution, I was thinking of him being spitroasted like a Pig. It involves skewers, cooking, his somewhat porkish body (short and round) and it's sufficiently unsettling to set us off on the right foot.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 11, 2013

slam5000
Aug 19, 2012

Einander posted:

The most interesting part of the update to me was the anti-litter sirens. Doesn't this mean that anyone willing to take their life into their hands is effectively safe from murder? Drop an item, the sirens go off, and presumably Monomi shows up to berate you. While the punishment is in question with Monobear there now, it seems worth it if you're outside and someone is trying to stab you to death. I'd start carrying around an empty can or two, or maybe a snack wrapper, just in case.

That's a good point, but Monomi never says there's any indication of where the littering offense occurred. In fact, she states that the sirens would go off all around the island, implying that the same thing happens everywhere if you litter. By the time the rest of the group figured out where the litterer was, you'd probably be dead, and your murderer could just slip away and pretend to be part of the search party looking for the litterer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Gensuki posted:

EDIT: That is off topic enough for me to be probated/banned I think.

So Hanamura is guilty. For his execution, I was thinking of him being spitroasted like a Pig. It involves skewers, cooking, his somewhat porkish body (short and round) and it's sufficiently unsettling to set us off on the right foot.

You know, off all the dumb speculation that goes on in this thread, can the exicutions not be part of it. :gonk:

• Locked thread