Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Carbon Thief posted:

You can see that the Zelda costume is something she's handmade and put a lot of work into. The Link costume, however, looks like he's wearing hospital scrubs, and the bottom of his shirt hasn't even been hemmed (if it's intentional, the other edges of the costume don't match it.)

Oh, for sure, his costume is not good. But I think a lot of bad or extremely uninteresting costumes get decent amounts of praise, or at least not critique like Zelda has already received, in this thread when the wearer is conventionally good-looking. v :) v

e. Not going to start a new page with just that quibbling, here's a friend of mine over at Cosplay4UsAll as mage Hawke from Dragon Age.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Apr 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

the_steve posted:

'sup Tekkoshocon goon?
poo poo, that reminds me, I need to upload the pics I took.

My buddy went and was telling me about a sweet Dark Souls costume. Ornstein the Dragon Slayer or something like that. Got any pictures if that?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Liar Lyre posted:

My buddy went and was telling me about a sweet Dark Souls costume. Ornstein the Dragon Slayer or something like that. Got any pictures if that?

Sadly, no. I kept getting distracted by other things and didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have.
I'm still kicking myself over the badass costumes I SHOULD have gotten pictures of.

Here's the meager offering I did manage to get (at least what actually turned out):

Sakuyamon from Digimon

Alucard and Seres from Hellsing.

Assassin's Creed. I think this costume looked better in person. The lighting wasn't as good as I thought it was at the time.

Kamina from Gurren Lagann

Latula Pyrope from Homestuck. Other than not graying out her hands, I think this was pretty spot-on.

Another Homestuck

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Boomerjinks posted:

He's not done with it yet, but it's still the most fantastic thing I've ever seen.

Dude hangs out with the LA movie car club and just rides in circles around the cars during the parades... :3:

It's supposed to be a lion on the handlebars. :colbert:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LingcodKilla posted:

It's pretty good. I'm amazed that a women would purposely dress up as a morbidly obese hamhock but the costume is pretty rad.

It helps that Ellie is awesome.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Choco1980 posted:

It's supposed to be a lion on the handlebars. :colbert:

If we want to get pedantic it's actually a stripeless tiger.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If we want to get pedantic it's actually a stripeless tiger.

well.

I learned something today.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

the_steve posted:

Kamina from Gurren Lagann

The costume is spot-on, and he's fit enough to wear it, he just needs to be more animated! Something isn't doing it for me, it's like you found a washed-up old Kamina on the street at 4 a.m. after he's seen the bottom of a few bottles and asked him to do his signature move.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I was just going to say that it was fairly decent, but the smudging magic marker really ruined it for me.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

I know nothing about any character in this picture except for the photo bombing Vash the Stampede and I love it.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

What's up fellow Tekko goons. Just posting some of my favorites from the con

A super short but super buff Duke Nukem pulling off his brashness pretty well

Capt. Haddock from TinTin with the most amazing prosthetic nose I've seen

I was going as Henchman 24 without many of the canon acoutrements (heat was making me woozy) but much cred was given when I found the two Venture Bros:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Maxwells Demon posted:

Capt. Haddock from TinTin with the most amazing prosthetic nose I've seen

Capt. Haddock has the best expression ever. It's the face you make when you're tired of being referred to as, "That guy from that European cartoon" or "Some weird kind of Vintage Ryker". Capt. Haddock regrets being Capt. Haddock.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I agree that that's an amazing Haddock. Here's an adorable Tintin to match.

Adventure Time Simon and little Marceline

:smith:

Forti
May 5, 2009

kinmik posted:

Adventure Time Simon and little Marceline

:smith:

Genderswap!

Stop predatoring on dudes, Ice Queen

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
For all of our nitpicking over how to improve Dark Zelda, I think it's only because we can see she has potential and not because she's full-figured. Plenty of thin people need practice too, and not just with PhotoShop blur tools:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TunaSpleen posted:

For all of our nitpicking over how to improve Dark Zelda, I think it's only because we can see she has potential and not because she's full-figured. Plenty of thin people need practice too, and not just with PhotoShop blur tools:

Yeah, the reason I posted it is because it looked like she started off strong but then just went "eh whatever" when it came to actually wearing the costume. A lot of it seems poorly positioned or off center, the wig is kind of a mess, and the shoulder armor and shoulder straps are all messed up too. It's far from the worst costume I've ever seen, it's just disappointing when the person in question brags about how they're good enough to do costuming in hollywood and then their actual costume just seems like :effort:. Nothing to do with her weight.

That zelda outfit you posted looks so...clunky? Blocky?

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
Clunky and blocky are fine if you're doing a literal interpretation of Nintendo 64-era graphics. That gold stuff, however, is inexcusably awful for the level of effort on the overall costume. Why can I see all the white craft foam poking out under the gold paint? Why does the eagle look like it's been stabbed six times in the chest? (Oh wait, that's supposed to be a Triforce, I think...) Why is the paint on the belt buckle so lumpy? Why did someone use the blur tool on the light pink fabric? What are those stains on the bodice, and why didn't they 'Shop those out?

BreakTargets
Apr 5, 2009

Just a random Spiral Knight...
Video game stuff from this year's Anime St. Louis:

Annie (and Tibbers) from League of Legends

the same Annie, but in her "Reverse Annie" skin

Joshua from The World Ends With You

Pascal from Tales of Graces

Colette and Zelos from Tales of Symphonia

Crono and Magus from Chrono Trigger

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Less Fat Luke posted:

Fantastic. His page is here by the way.

My brother took the picture he's using as his current Profile Picture. So awesome!

Edit: Here it is.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

BreakTargets posted:

Video game stuff from this year's Anime St. Louis:

Annie (and Tibbers) from League of Legends

the same Annie, but in her "Reverse Annie" skin

She is so adorable!

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
My girlfriend just got her photos back from the photographer:

(Credit to TLY Photography)

I made the swords and did a lot of the paint work but the project was mostly her. That wig was a colossal bitch though.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

That's a wig? :aaaaa:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'm split. I love the costume and the work that went into it, but that character is the absolute worst thing about Soul Calibur 5, especially for replacing an already boring character with an ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL of an even worse anime character.

So... good job, I guess? And yeah, if you hadn't said so I would've had no idea that was a wig.

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol

LanceKing2200 posted:

That wig was a colossal bitch though.

Wigs almost always are. Lol it looks amazing though. She did a great job.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
It must have been a bitch trying to find the right angle on the photos to not give away you were in some dudes shrubs and rock garden patch hahaha

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Jet Ready Go posted:

It must have been a bitch trying to find the right angle on the photos to not give away you were in some dudes shrubs and rock garden patch hahaha

It's actually at the Gaylord National hotel and convention center (seriously). We were there for Katsucon.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

TunaSpleen posted:

What's going on with her nose?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

That nose met Photoshop,along with her skin,the dress and the wig. Like,I believe, someone else said, it's a mystery why didn't she fixed the terrible done costume instead.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Desperado Bones posted:

That nose met Photoshop,along with her skin,the dress and the wig. Like,I believe, someone else said, it's a mystery why didn't she fixed the terrible done costume instead.

I stared at that for a good couple minutes the other day trying to decide if it was Photoshop or some inexplicable use of putty. :ms:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

What's going on with her nose?

Looks like the photographer was just really close to her with a short lens. That tends to distort noses and foreheads quite a bit. Also explains the weird inverted pyramid thing going on with her body.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I think all of the Hotline Miami cosplay I've seen up to this point was Jacket, so I'm glad someone's doing Biker. I hope he's wearing a green headband underneath the helmet.

And I want that hoodie so much right now.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Is there a thread anywhere about making cosplay costumes? I've got a costuming question that I wasn't really sure where else I could ask.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Is there a thread anywhere about making cosplay costumes? I've got a costuming question that I wasn't really sure where else I could ask.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Right here.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Do you wanna get doooowwwwwwwnnn?

Sexin' up your tooooowwwwwwwn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WnDy4WkQI

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

1. I'm fairly certain it's a plague doctor from the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer

2. :stare:

3. Looks like Gears of War, possibly for the new game since I seem to recall that having a woman in it with blond hair.

4. That might be Cable from X-Men, he's got the pouches and the shoulder pads for it. But he definitely doesn't have the build (Then again that would require his neck to be the size of a large tree and for his thigh to be bigger then his head. So no one does) or the weird glowing left eye thing.

This is late, but for #2, I can't even believe you guys don't recognize a cosplay of MC Bat Commander. Come on, The Aquabats are awesome, dude!

Forti
May 5, 2009

Owns

Fuckin owns

Owns less!

Snow White and the Eats Men

Huuh

Agh gently caress

THE NIGHTMARES BEGIN

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

He looks kind of like the guy from Legend of Neil.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Forti posted:

Agh gently caress

I hope he screeched every time someone came close to him.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Whoa, is this Alia Shawkat?

edit: Ah, Funny or Die skit, that makes sense somehow.

KatWithHands has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Apr 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

Pope Guilty posted:

He looks kind of like the guy from Legend of Neil.

Hmmm....

Of course, it had to exist.

• Locked thread