Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Hammerite posted:

"Incel" redirects here
yospos, defined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
so how is e. e. cummings cased in real encyclopedias

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
britannica has him capitalized for about the same reasons as wikipedia

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
if i ever get a kid im gonna name him in emoji

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

this is another one of those made up 'i cant control it' personality issues that tumblrinas and e/n posters use to call people bigots right

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

LP97S posted:

Incel inside

haveblue posted:

it's a real shame we don't do yospos subtitles any more

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ymgve posted:

if i ever get a kid im gonna name him in emoji

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/21/world/asia/21china.html

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

quote:

At last count, China’s Wangs were leading with more than 92 million,

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

China’s Wangs

modsssss

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

got dat wmd posted:

this is another one of those made up 'i cant control it' personality issues that tumblrinas and e/n posters use to call people bigots right

its more the other side of the political spectrum i.e. mras and "wont someone think about the poor men who cant get woman because those WHORES are more interested in going out with jocks than intellectual libertarian-minded geeks like me"

sports
Sep 1, 2012

FMguru posted:

yospos, defined

incel inside (R)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

While the directions can be listed in any order, most formally in clockwise or counterclockwise order, starting from some point (such as NESW, or, following the sun from daybreak in the northern hemisphere, ESWN), different languages conventionally use different orders, often using pairs of opposite directions. In English, the conventional order of the directions is "north, south, east, and west" (NSEW = N/S + E/W). In Japanese, most common is EWSN (東西南北 = E/W + S/N), and east-west (東西) is idiomatic for “everywhere, in all parts”; Japan is located at the extreme east of Eurasia.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_characters_on_Frasier#Dr._Frasier_Crane_Show_callers

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Hammerite posted:

its more the other side of the political spectrum i.e. mras and "wont someone think about the poor men who cant get woman because those WHORES are more interested in going out with jocks than intellectual libertarian-minded geeks like me"

I've always wondered if these guys went to college because it totally switches. I'm assuming most of them are teenagers. like, I'm average looking at best but I'm intellectual as all hell and I pull them chicks with box frame glasses like nothing else

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
those glasses are the worst

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

quote:

Barry calls in on Christmas Day and cannot stop crying

same

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

those glasses are the worst

shaggar was... wrong

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol if u dont think girls are pretty :allears:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
pretty girls please dont wear those ugly glasses

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
aren't the big clunky ones mostly for ejaculating on anyway

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

aren't the big clunky ones mostly for ejaculating on anyway

mlyp

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Shaggar posted:

pretty girls please dont wear those ugly glasses

i feel like we've had this discussion before

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

shaggar was right that time too

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
someone thought that was a good logo

e: HUMAN

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

PleasingFungus posted:

mras are bad at logos

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

is that a men's icon farting the earth away into space?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

mras are bad at logos

your logo look like a fart

from a butt

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

mras are bad at logos

intersection between mras and bitcoiners spotted

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

mras are bad at logos

whatcha gonna do with all that spunk
all that spunk that's in yo...

Oh, nevermind

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PleasingFungus posted:

e: HUMAN

gently caress those non-human men. no rights for them

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

LP97S posted:

Mirrored image of Basil Fawlty attending to Mr. and Mrs. Hamilton

A Waldorf salad is a salad traditionally made of fresh apples, celery and walnuts, dressed in mayonnaise, and usually served on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer or a light meal. A good acronym to remember the ingredients to this salad is CLAW: Celery, Lettuce, Apples, Walnuts.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

FutureFriend posted:

is that a men's icon farting the earth away into space?

no idiot, that symbol means mars. i guess that's what it would look like terraformed

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
thats my favorite chicken salad

mayo with curry powder, chopped apples, walnuts, rasins, celery, and chicken

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

they should just have their logo be a huge veiny cock

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i mean i know mars has a sword but gently caress it, swords are the second phallos in history right after actual dicks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

phalli

veiny phalli

sounds like a name

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
Parasite single (Japanese パラサイトシングル, parasaito shinguru) is a single person who lives with their parents beyond their late twenties in order to enjoy a carefree and comfortable life.
The phenomenon is not confined to Japanese society; analogous or similar phenomena can also be found in other cultures. For example, in Italy, some young adults (especially singles) still rely on their parents. They were joked about by the former Italian Minister of Economy and Finance Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, who called them bamboccioni (literally, big [i.e., grown-up] babies). Padoa-Schioppa's "boasting" was considered extremely offensive by some people, and newspapers pointed out that he knew little about the situation of a considerable part of the 20–30 years old Italian population, who do not earn enough money to afford leaving their parents’ house.[1] In Germany they are known as Nesthocker (German for an altricial bird), who are still living at Hotel Mama ("Hotel Mama" is an ironic term for the parental home, since the household chores and the cooking of the meals is done by the mother alone). In English internet parlance, the expression "basement dweller" is sometimes used, referring to someone who lives in his or her parents' basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

WorkingPeer posted:

Parasite single (Japanese パラサイトシングル, parasaito shinguru) is a single person who lives with their parents beyond their late twenties in order to enjoy a carefree and comfortable life.
The phenomenon is not confined to Japanese society; analogous or similar phenomena can also be found in other cultures. For example, in Italy, some young adults (especially singles) still rely on their parents. They were joked about by the former Italian Minister of Economy and Finance Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, who called them bamboccioni (literally, big [i.e., grown-up] babies). Padoa-Schioppa's "boasting" was considered extremely offensive by some people, and newspapers pointed out that he knew little about the situation of a considerable part of the 20–30 years old Italian population, who do not earn enough money to afford leaving their parents’ house.[1] In Germany they are known as Nesthocker (German for an altricial bird), who are still living at Hotel Mama ("Hotel Mama" is an ironic term for the parental home, since the household chores and the cooking of the meals is done by the mother alone). In English internet parlance, the expression "basement dweller" is sometimes used, referring to someone who lives in his or her parents' basement.

Real question: Who the gently caress lives in a basement