Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

I'm half tempted to believe he was parodying the lovely, stuttery anime keyframes but uhhhh...
And he's finally tied with Barry for animation output for 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Ahahahahaha, what a pile of poo poo. Worth every second of that year and a half wait.

If he gets on it, we might see a new Sequelitis before 2014.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I'm convinced this is an attempt by him to get people to stop requesting more animations. I can't really argue with that, GG probably gives him more than enough income to get by.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I never really followed him, but I caught this on tumblr: http://hopewithinchaos.tumblr.com/post/47709945973/my-final-stream-4-13-13-why-im-disappearing. This is the same person (HopeWithinChaos) who had was e-begging before for money previously, if my memory serves. Well, now if you don't help him he will be out of a home, you jerks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Leelee posted:

I never really followed him, but I caught this on tumblr: http://hopewithinchaos.tumblr.com/post/47709945973/my-final-stream-4-13-13-why-im-disappearing. This is the same person (HopeWithinChaos) who had was e-begging before for money previously, if my memory serves. Well, now if you don't help him he will be out of a home, you jerks.
This is really scummy...I'm surprised though that he didn't take his money and go like LittleMissGamer did years ago.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
Film Brain and Mike Jeavons teaming up to tear down The Nutty Professor 2? Yes please.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/fbv/bmbe/38904-shameful-sequel-beatdown-w-mikej-nutty-professor-ii-the-klumps

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Calaveron posted:

I'm half tempted to believe he was parodying the lovely, stuttery anime keyframes but uhhhh...
Happy Harry meanwhile is doing a weekly series on how to do animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHtoFwHh38Q
I love his animation and found this pretty informative.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If you ask me, this new Egoraptor animation just doesn't have good animation feel :v:

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I think it's more an issue of poor conveyance.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lupa's retrospective on the fourth season of Charmed is up. It's three videos long; Here's part one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The end of days cometh.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Sweet, only two more years until the RPM episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://chezapocalypse.com/episodes/music-movies-west-side-story/
Paw reviews West Side Story, which I need to see again because I remembered liking it.

http://thecinemasnob.com/2013/04/12/midnight-screenings-42-and-scary-movie-5.aspx
drat Max Force and Brad are loving Solemn for Scary Movie V

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Did you guys know that in Russia, bears get high off of barrels of jet fuel?

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Ashens attempts to comprehend Larry the Cable Guy. And now I kinda want to see someone portray the Ashens version of the character.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Doug is counting down his top 10 favorite characters in 10 videos. I like the 10 video concept because it lets us mull over each choice individually for more than the 5 second interlude.
#10: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV

I guess he did write those parts himself. I always thought they were ad-libbed and/or ghostwritten.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Harry Partridge has a new animation tutorial

Also, an animatic for an unproduced Starbarians episode

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
In the newest Cheapskate Live, we're digging through a mountain of Irish stereotypes to find The Secret of Granby Lane.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Rolled my eyes so hard at Spoony's Bioshock Infinite review.

It boils down to "I played games back in the day and games nowadays are too simplistic and easy. Heh. :smug:"

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Calaveron posted:

I'm not so sure whats so lovely about it? Break it down for me. It just seemed like a kind of dumb joke that went on too long but it isn't the worst thing ever on the internet ever, which some people are treating it like.

Hahaha drat, the top comment:

DanFlutterLoverYay posted:

I didn't like the end u.u it actually made me sad ._.
Nevertheless... it was oookaaay
come on ego
make more videos than chins :3

I guess it might be nonsensical, but I mean the first PokeAwesome was, in a way, a knock off of that Family Guy joke where he trips and skins his knee and is just gasping for like 45 seconds. It was just also commenting on the game as well, and wasn't as "base" in it's humor in that it was a little more than just "Oh, ouch, owie! hfffffff!" I at least laughed at that one though because it was more than just that, even though that was the basic premise, some dude getting hurt and being upset about it.

For this, he just wanted to make a character that is really annoying that nobody would want to lose to, have him sort of win a battle by default and then in the end, sort of get some weird comeuppance after the gym leader gets embarrassed about having "lost" to the other guy. I can see where the animation is a bit jerky, though.

Devoyniche fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 16, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Doug's #9: Doc Holiday

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I thought the sillhouette looked like the Man with No Name :v:

Seriously though, I've only seen the OK Corral shootout scene as a kid. I've got to put that on my "to watch" list.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
New Blockbuster Buster:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/blockbuster-buster/blockbuster-buster/38937-scooby-doo-2

:ughh: I wish erod would just make honest reviews and stick to serious critics. I really enjoy his honest reviews and his main review series has become awkward forced and unfunny. I mean it was okay at first but after 3 years his shtick has gotten old.

Shameful Sequels - In Defense of Episode 1:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/mjtv/ss/38890-shameful-sequels-in-defense-of-episode-1

I was expecting much more :spergin: in the comments but it's seemd like people there are at least a couple of other people who agree that the prequels are not that bad, I the people who don't seem to be able to express there opions with out threatening to kill MikeJ and then rape his corpse.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The NC reviews a horrid flop, I wouldn't give this to pigs for slop, I'm rhyming because I don't give a crap, here is the godawful The Cat in the Hat.

I saw this movie when I was a kid. Nine year old me thought it was good. :barf:

Doug's speech at the end brought a tear to my eye. I hope this movie will only be remembered by bad movie buffs in the future.

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 17, 2013

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
In the first Furu Furu Park episode, Jon said to Arin "We've gotten to the point of roomateship where we're practically married". I wonder if this means they moved in together. It would certainly make doing Game Grumps easier, I'd imagine.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

He was talking about their editor Barry, I think. Still, that'd make grumpin' easier too.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Violet_Sky posted:

The NC reviews a horrid flop, I wouldn't give this to pigs for slop, I'm rhyming because I don't give a crap, here is the godawful The Cat in the Hat.

I saw this movie when I was a kid. Nine year old me thought it was good. :barf:

Doug's speech at the end brought a tear to my eye. I hope this movie will only be remembered by bad movie buffs in the future.

This one felt more like one of Doug's editorials rather than an episode of the Nostalgia Critic. Not that that's a bad thing mind you; given how many people have screamed and bitched about that movie online, a more cool-headed approach is a welcome change.

As to this movie...never seen it, but perhaps putting the same guys who wrote Eurotrip and episodes for the final seasons of Seinfeld behind this may have been a bad idea. Obviously the Seuss estate thought so, as they killed any further live action adaptations (my Oh The Places You'll Go! movie :qq:).

Doug seems to be down on the Seuss movies in general though--I can see why he didn't exactly like this one, but the Horton film didn't look THAT bad from the bits I saw. At least they tried to make the 3d characters resemble the original designs in that one.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

somekindofguy posted:

This one felt more like one of Doug's editorials rather than an episode of the Nostalgia Critic. Not that that's a bad thing mind you; given how many people have screamed and bitched about that movie online, a more cool-headed approach is a welcome change.

As to this movie...never seen it, but perhaps putting the same guys who wrote Eurotrip and episodes for the final seasons of Seinfeld behind this may have been a bad idea. Obviously the Seuss estate thought so, as they killed any further live action adaptations (my Oh The Places You'll Go! movie :qq:).

Doug seems to be down on the Seuss movies in general though--I can see why he didn't exactly like this one, but the Horton film didn't look THAT bad from the bits I saw. At least they tried to make the 3d characters resemble the original designs in that one.

Horton Hears a Who was terrible. Past the original animated features I don't think there has been a Dr. Seuss movie that wasn't awful.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

prahanormal posted:

Horton Hears a Who was terrible. Past the original animated features I don't think there has been a Dr. Seuss movie that wasn't awful.

I kinda like the Grinch movie. :ohdear:

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

somekindofguy posted:

Eurotrip is pretty funny stuff. I'm so glad they didn't let Cat in the Hat taint them, since they went on to make it after this train wreck. And go watch Horton Hears A Who proper. It's a solid animated film.

brendaneph
Apr 14, 2003
Who was the girl in the Cat in the Hat review?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
... So am I the only one who kind of wants to see The Cat In The Hat now? The clips shown were such a pandering unpleasant assault on the senses they inadvertently became hilarious to me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Maremidon posted:

... So am I the only one who kind of wants to see The Cat In The Hat now? The clips shown were such a pandering unpleasant assault on the senses they inadvertently became hilarious to me.

Don't. It's super short, but it's mindbogglingly annoying. It's an insane movie, but in the worst possible way.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

Maremidon posted:

You're better off not. It isn't "So bad it's hilarious". It's just offensive on so many levels.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Watch as I write a CD style essay on how it is secretly a masterpiece and you all just don't "get it"(I am not actually going to do this)

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.

Maremidon posted:

Watch as I write a CD style essay on how it is secretly a masterpiece and you all just don't "get it"(I am not actually going to do this)

I am fairly certain someone on tumblr has beaten you to it and done it non-ironically.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Tumblr doesn't do 'analyzing media to defend its quality', Tumblr do 'analyzing media to find GIF fodder of two handsome men acting with each other'. I think upon the release of The Lorax movie there are plenty of written stuff sexualizing Once-Ler's younger version.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
New Infamous Sphere Period Drama review - in which I find one of the most realistic lesbian characters ever hidden in a seemingly innocuous Canadian wartime period drama. This is Bomb Girls.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Doug's #8: Miles and Jack from Sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

Senerio posted:

Doug's #8: Miles and Jack from Sideways.

Interesting choice. Though he makes a solid argument as to why he can't separate them.

• Locked thread