Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From Mega Man #24, a brand new bromance is created.

Which leads to this ridiculous cliffhanger image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That's amusing as all heck.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That is not Shadow Man at all!

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Gavok posted:

/skulleggzone.jpg[/timg]
//roboticizedmasters.jpg[/timg]

Welp, I have to buy this now.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Wait, does that mean all Zones in the Sonic games are actually artificial Pocket Dimensions?
:psyduck:

Also Shadow Man looks incredibly ridiculous.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

Wait, does that mean all Zones in the Sonic games are actually artificial Pocket Dimensions?
:psyduck:

Before you get an answer you should ask yourself if that's a rabbit hole you really want to go down.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

mind the walrus posted:

Before you get an answer you should ask yourself if that's a rabbit hole you really want to go down.

I think you mean Rabbit Hole Zone. :colbert:

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Madrox posted:

Wolverine #2

I'd like to think he's saying it letter by letter instead of saying "shield," just to be extra annoying.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What the hell they made the Sonic/Megaman Crossover fanfic i made when i was 12 true?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Gavok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZQ1aYYU2yg

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yes, Alberto Del Wily and Dr. Eggman have long been established as a tag team in VGCW.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes, Alberto Del Wily and Dr. Eggman have long been established as a tag team in VGCW.

We can only hope that they sneak in a masterplan reference somewhere.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

From Transformers Spotlight: Trailcutter

Guys, and this is no joke. Transformers: More than Meets the Eye and its derivative fiction is probably one of the best monthlies on shelves right now.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Rei_ posted:

From Transformers Spotlight: Trailcutter

Guys, and this is no joke. Transformers: More than Meets the Eye and its derivative fiction is probably one of the best monthlies on shelves right now.

It is honestly one of my most anticipated monthly comics, along with Hawkeye and Saga right now. I don't generally get the Spotlights but I HAD to get this one as soon as I saw it was related to MTMTE.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, obviously they want to blast those two squares.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

UFO FLYING SAUCERSUFO FLYING SAUCERS

I feel like the first time is a question, and the second time it's the response. Like the guy in the back is asking if what they're seeing is real, and the other one is just yelling as he hauls rear end away.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

muscles like this? posted:

What do they want?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know I said before that Shanna and Wolverine in Savage Wolverine were the new best team-up in comics, but I might be ready to renounce that now that Forge and Dr. Nemesis have been saddled together in Cable & X-Force. Anyway, they just stole a spaceship from S.W.O.R.D. for the purposes of their mission.

Cable & X-Force #7

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I prefer Dr. Nemesis in a hat, white suit, dashing hair, and hygiene mask over this mecha mask, red goggles and white scraggly hair.

Although I suppose it'd be similar to Fantomex.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code

Gatts posted:

I prefer Dr. Nemesis in a hat, white suit, dashing hair, and hygiene mask over this mecha mask, red goggles and white scraggly hair.

Although I suppose it'd be similar to Fantomex.

As well as with a starfish, please.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I suppose this isn't the right place to ask, but since it's relevant to the last panel posted, why is Dr. Nemesis dressed like a Metal Gear Solid villain now, and what is the back story behind Forge not being a kill-crazy weirdo villain anymore?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

LightsGameraAction posted:

I suppose this isn't the right place to ask, but since it's relevant to the last panel posted, why is Dr. Nemesis dressed like a Metal Gear Solid villain now, and what is the back story behind Forge not being a kill-crazy weirdo villain anymore?

There was a short story in some special a while back where Forge was trapped in a giant fortress full of strange broken machines and some murderous pink blob that was trying to eat him. He had to repair the machines in order to defeat the blob and escape and then it all turned out to be a hallucination where he was really just fixing his brain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nemesis lost his hat running away from X-Force's first operation when it went south. It's stuck in an evidence locker and he's none too pleased about it. I... kinda forget where the new mask/goggles came from. They might not have even said?

e: okay, double-checked. The new mask as well as the new coat show up whenever he goes on the first mission in issue 3 so I guess they're "mission gear". The goggles just kinda appear in issue 4 with no rhyme or reason.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 18, 2013

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So has it actually been a good book? I remember reading a lot of negative stuff about the writer's previous work, but most of what I've heard about the book seems to be generally positive. At the least it sounds entertaining.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Avulsion posted:

There was a short story in some special a while back where Forge was trapped in a giant fortress full of strange broken machines and some murderous pink blob that was trying to eat him. He had to repair the machines in order to defeat the blob and escape and then it all turned out to be a hallucination where he was really just fixing his brain.
That was in the Marvel Now teaser book and a teaser for this series.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So has it actually been a good book? I remember reading a lot of negative stuff about the writer's previous work, but most of what I've heard about the book seems to be generally positive. At the least it sounds entertaining.

I like it. You just have to look at their first mission as "silly", and I don't know if it was meant to be played straight anyways. I mean, it ends with obese Akira-monsters fueled by fried chicken. It has Peter Rasputin, Hope and Cable, so there's going to be drama. But you also have MUTANT SCORPION VS MECHA-APE!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's a serious book. Silly might be mislabeling it-- absurd seems more accurate. Cable as a character usually has his best stories when things are a good mix of drama and absurdity. See also: "let's turn everyone in the world smurf blue to destroy racism!".

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

It has Boom-Boom in it, good book, also having Boom-Boom in it means it isn't all that serious.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Decius posted:

It has Boom-Boom in it, good book, also having Boom-Boom in it means it isn't all that serious.
Does she still have all her mutant powers?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Does she still have all her mutant powers?

Didn't she die in one of the X-books last year?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Decius posted:

Nextwave Boom-boom or has that been gone back on?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Vincent posted:

Didn't she die in one of the X-books last year?
She's too stupid to stay dead. I just want to know if she still steals all your stuff and speaks in internet acronyms.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Journey Into Mystery 651 has some information about Volstaag.

He wears unicorn slippers

A silky smooth beard

and Thor has no shame

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Injustice: Gods Among Us #15. Superman has decided he's had enough of leaving Arkham's prisoners in the hands of man, so he's going to take them away. Damian betrayed Batman by joining Superman's side.

Batman causes Cyborg to go into convulsions, revealing that he's implanted a virus into him. Cyborg gets his bearings, but doesn't understand how it happened.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"Hey, so I was stealing some eggs and you broke my collarbone and punctured my lungs with a broken rib. Whazzupwidat?" No really, that seems excessive.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gatts posted:

"Hey, so I was stealing some eggs and you broke my collarbone and punctured my lungs with a broken rib. Whazzupwidat?" No really, that seems excessive.

For context, an individual faberge egg is worth anywhere between 15 and 25 million dollars.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

From Gambit #11:

Gambit picks the best times to get indignant. Also "did you see part of a ghost?" Is delightful.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 25, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A little levity in Avengers 10

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

From Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #5

The best part is that this is actually the major plot point that leads to Dormammu's downfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SilverSupernova posted:

From Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #5

The best part is that this is actually the major plot point that leads to Dormammu's downfall.

Dormammu respects how sinister it is to charge $4.99 for a NYC hotdog.

• Locked thread