Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Are preorders getting a automatic download?

E: tron pre orders got a download of the single and I don't recall that being a part of the bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not appearing on my iPhone yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's up half an hour early? I thought it was supposed to be midnight EST and that's not for another 30 minutes.

reinardus vulpes
Nov 5, 2010

de cele amor Dieus me gart

This link worked for me. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal right up until the end, when--like others have noticed--the outro synth just sort of tapers off into nothing? But my money's on radio edit wonkiness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alright, the radio edit has shown up on my iPhone, but it hasn't downloaded it yet and I have a preorder. I think the preorder only gets the album version, which I will be saving my money for.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Not available on iTunes Australia yet. Balls. :(

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Bout to drat crash my car buying this and gifting it to my gf too. Stupid LA traffic is already be up in Santa Cruz!!!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

squarerandom posted:

Bout to drat crash my car buying this and gifting it to my gf too. Stupid LA traffic is already be up in Santa Cruz!!!

You chose a pretty good weekend to come up what with the holiday and all.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Girls just wanna dance and guys just wanna gently caress.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

squarerandom posted:

Are you driving a Testarossa? Maybe you'll become Kavinsky!

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

POINDEXTRE posted:

This link worked for me. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal right up until the end, when--like others have noticed--the outro synth just sort of tapers off into nothing? But my money's on radio edit wonkiness.

Yeah ends at the best part! Hoping that will be longer on the album

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Can't stop listening to this track. It's like 1974 never left.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Amazon uses PST or something? The hell?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ToastyPotato posted:

Amazon uses PST or something? The hell?

It's up on Amazon for me :iiam:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Weird, I was refreshing and it wouldn't show as available, but I reloaded it and was able to get it.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Man this song is so good. I need to buy a convertible.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom
It's everything I wanted from a new Daft Punk single. Repetitive, catchy, and groovy.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Any idea if we'll get a FLAC version to buy?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

tehsid posted:

If it goes up on Beatport there will probably be a WAV version available to convert to FLAC.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm of the opinion that it could use work, but hell, I can't stop listening to it. Driving to this is on repeat gonna be so much fun.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom

tehsid posted:

Seconding this, or is there a service other than iTunes that would sell a copy I could put on my Windows Phone?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Space Jam posted:

If it goes up on Beatport there will probably be a WAV version available to convert to FLAC.

God I hope so. I'm not downloading it until I can get FLAC or WAV. I wish to hear it as intended.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

tehsid posted:

qobuz was supposed to have a 16/44 FLAC soonish

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

tehsid posted:

God I hope so. I'm not downloading it until I can get FLAC or WAV. I wish to hear it as intended.

drat, I wish my hearing was good enough to actually hear the difference.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

CannedMacabre posted:

Why? You don't have to wait!

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

hemophilia posted:

I've honestly never seen this cultish desire to create and publish fake songs like I have with Daft Punk.

It happens with Metallica sometimes, but honestly fake Metallica is not even a fraction as common as fake Daft Punk. Is it wanna-be DJs trying to get their name out there, or are people so delusional and impatient for new material that they spend their time making music they think sounds like Daft Punk?

I can't find a good reason for this annoying loving phenomenon.

It happens in the Sonic the Hedgehog video game fanbase as well, of course we're pretty big fans of our cartoon animal's buttrock music, but it still amazes me to what lengths some of us will go to to splice together music from footage or try and make fake music to trick people. This past week has been mirroring the release week of a new Sonic game to me, it's been odd.

Here's to Get Lucky.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Ffffffffffuck this is a great track. I cannot wait for the album, goddamn. I love Daft Punk so goddamn much.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

text editor posted:

qobuz was supposed to have a 16/44 FLAC soonish

http://www.qobuz.com/album/get-lucky-daft-punk-ft-pharrell-williams/0886443973442

Is this the one you are talking about? My french.. well, nonexistent, so how do I buy it?

*edit*
Never mind, apparently I can't buy it in Australia.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom
It just...doesn't get old. It's like the first time I listened to Justice's Cross and Discovery for the first time.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

CannedMacabre posted:

While there is a difference, I'm just a bit of a prude with music. My old man 'blessed' me with the knowledge that things can sound better, so now I'm stuck here waiting. Its really a curse.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom

tehsid posted:

While there is a difference, I'm just a bit of a prude with music. My old man 'blessed' me with the knowledge that things can sound better, so now I'm stuck here waiting. Its really a curse.

If there is another, better way to listen to this track, I'm all for it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does foobar2000 have an "infinite repeat" option?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

excellentcoffee posted:

It just...doesn't get old. It's like the first time I listened to Justice's Cross and Discovery for the first time.
IT'S BEEN AN HOUR.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

EVERYTHING HAS AN INFINITE REPEAT OPTION

For crying out loud people, is this track killing braincells? Are Daft Punk comic book supervillains?

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Playback -> Order -> Repeat (track).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You guys are lifesavers :glomp:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I can barely tell the difference between 320 CBR MP3 and FLAC, but 24bit/96kHZ is where it's at. Sadly EDM artists rarely release anything in that quality. I would kill for a studio quality master of Discovery.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

The track itself is great. I am not sure if this is some sort of amazon screwup or what but mine downloaded as a 256k mp3, and it sounds like it has some sort of random LFO on it.

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom

het posted:

IT'S BEEN AN HOUR.

Counting all the leaks, remixes, and fan-edits? I can hear this FOR DAYS.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Space Jam posted:

I can barely tell the difference between 320 CBR MP3 and FLAC,

It's like this for every track in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

het posted:

For crying out loud people, is this track killing braincells? Are Daft Punk comic book supervillains?

Man if daft punk did a KISS style comic book i'd be all over that.

• Locked thread