Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

W424 posted:

Or gotten rid of Mark Walk.

Has Walk really done anything that horrible? I like the stuff he does with ohGr solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

hatelull posted:

Has Walk really done anything that horrible? I like the stuff he does with ohGr solo.

My problem is that the solo ohGr stuff, while good, is not what I want out of Skinny Puppy but the two are merging in ways that frighten and confuse me :ohdear:

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Overbite posted:

My problem is that the solo ohGr stuff, while good, is not what I want out of Skinny Puppy but the two are merging in ways that frighten and confuse me :ohdear:

Pretty much the same for me, I really don't like the "new" vocals etc.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ghost & Writer is on Bandcamp now: http://ghostandwriter.bandcamp.com/

Absolutely required listening if you're a Seabound fan. Though, I've only just started listening to the new album and am not sure I can recommend it yet, the previous one is great:

http://ghostandwriter.bandcamp.com/album/shipwrecks-2011

edit: weird, I've heard a completely different mix of Hurricane somewhere else before. (edit2: ah Electronic Saviours II)

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 14, 2013

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

Pope Guilty posted:

Also I found Descent II at Goodwill and it's got an excellent metal/industrial soundtrack that will play right off your car stereo, since it's from that era. Good times.

yes! that soundtrack is so good. I still listen to it from time to time. Ogre and Walk did a track or two on there iirc.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So, new Front Line Assembly album this July. I'm pretty excited. Album cover here http://www.mindphaser.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fla-cover.jpg

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

SacrificialGoat posted:

So, new Front Line Assembly album this July. I'm pretty excited. Album cover here http://www.mindphaser.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fla-cover.jpg

It's like Wolverine's Adamantium-infusion procedure went horribly wrong.

Cool.

leahlionheart
Jun 20, 2012

by T. Finninho
So, the Triton Festival in NYC is coming up in September. Tickets aren't terribly priced, too.

The lineup isn't super amazing, but it's about a three hour drive from me, so I was thinking I might go; if I can get to this and Kinetik this summer, it might not be such a terrible festival season, after all.

Looks like:
God Module
Combichrist
Nachtmahr
Deadstar Assembly
The Cruxshadows
Assemblage 23
Psyclon 9
FGFC820
Unter Null
...and a few others.

FGFC820 I've been really into lately, haven't seen Combichrist live (though I may or may not be wearing their DON'T KILL YOURSELF hoodie right now). Assemblage 23, Psyclon 9, Nachtmahr I'd see live because why not?

e: this is the most ambivalent post I've ever made, I think. The opportunity to go to see ANY industrial live, though, is still so novel in North America (I think? am I way wrong in that?) that I'm ready, willing, and able to sacrifice overall music quality just for the chance to get a hefty dose of it live.

Also the Cold Waves Festival looks excellent. 16Volt would be amazing to see live.

leahlionheart fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 19, 2013

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

leahlionheart posted:

e: this is the most ambivalent post I've ever made, I think. The opportunity to go to see ANY industrial live, though, is still so novel in North America (I think? am I way wrong in that?) that I'm ready, willing, and able to sacrifice overall music quality just for the chance to get a hefty dose of it live.

Also the Cold Waves Festival looks excellent. 16Volt would be amazing to see live.

Coldwaves looks amazing. I'm gonna try to make it down for that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Convergence is this weekend. I'm in the same town but the lineup isn't great:

http://www.elysiumonline.net/events.html

Eh.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Omi-Polari posted:

Convergence is this weekend. I'm in the same town but the lineup isn't great:

http://www.elysiumonline.net/events.html

Eh.

Mentallo and The Fixer! I'd kill to see that live. Nothing else looks great though.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Twiin posted:

Mentallo and The Fixer! I'd kill to see that live. Nothing else looks great though.

Is this the alt.gothic Convergence? A friend of mine saw Abney Park at... C13 I think, years ago. I heard they stopped doing the festival/band/club thing and it was basically just a hangout now.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

DeusExMachinima posted:

Is this the alt.gothic Convergence? A friend of mine saw Abney Park at... C13 I think, years ago. I heard they stopped doing the festival/band/club thing and it was basically just a hangout now.

I saw Christian Death and Switchblade Symphony at C2. Snuck into the US from Canada with a fake ID. Those were the days!

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!
I'll be attending Triton again this year. I hope they manage to get an unexpected act or two. Seeing Razed in Black (finally) last Triton was a great experience.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Wait, RiB is touring together again or were recently? This is total news to me.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

DeusExMachinima posted:

I saw RiB in a poo poo hole in Colorado Springs like 6 years ago. I really want to see him live at a decent venue. :sigh:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
The stream in the OP is dead, and has been for a while :(
Time to find a different one?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Entropist posted:

The stream in the OP is dead, and has been for a while :(
Time to find a different one?

Could try RantRadio or Digital Gunfire?

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!

DeusExMachinima posted:

No, RiB played at the Triton Festival in 2010 and I think it was just a one off appearance. I haven't seen anything else from him since (aside from occasional DJ gigs I think) :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Twiin posted:

Yeah. They're great and based here. But the rest sound like whoever they could rope together into an industrial b-team.

My favorite thing is the gothic boat cruise, which I saw advertised. The city apparently has the largest urban bat colony in the world (don't know how many, except I know it's a gently caress load of bats) underneath the main bridge across the Colorado River. For those who've never been to Austin, downtown sits astride that river. So a boat full of goths sailing down the river to look at the bats. Presumably they'll get pizza afterwards.

And the image of that is ridiculous. But the bats are awesome. They come out at sundown every evening in big swarms. To feed.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Is this the alt.gothic Convergence?
Um. I think so.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 20, 2013

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
Does anyone know where I can get a digital copy of Hansel's Lorentzian Lineshaper album? The band's site is down and I managed to find most of their stuff through links to archive.org on dtrash records. But they only have 4 songs from the album I mentioned.

Dotcom656 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 20, 2013

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

If you just want to listen to it, Rdio has it streaming for what it's worth.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm p. pissed that both KMFDM and FLA are skipping northern Europe on their so-called European tours this year

grr <:mad:>

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I'm pissed that I missed KMFDM playing in Manchester last night because I don't have a calendar and I loving forgot. My ex messages me like late at night all "hey wasn't it kmfdm tonight?" fuuuuuuuucccccccck

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baby Sathanas posted:

I'm pissed that I missed KMFDM playing in Manchester last night because I don't have a calendar and I loving forgot. My ex messages me like late at night all "hey wasn't it kmfdm tonight?" fuuuuuuuucccccccck

drat, that's a bummer. Don't you have a calendar in your phone or something? I rely on Facebook myself, it's pretty handy in that it'll show all the events you're attending smack dab on your front page like a couple of days in advance. And if you've got a fancy phone, it'll even sync your phone calendar with the FB account. Kinda bummed out that my phone died a couple of weeks back and my replacement phone doesn't have that feature.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Yeah I should do that. I used to rely on last.fm but I stopped using that some time ago.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'd highly recommend Google Calendar over Facebook. I also have my last.fm concert listings loaded onto it, updating live.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

A track from the new Aesthetic Perfection album is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ha-Obl2-g

It's not bad I guess, but it sure is weak compared to what he used to do :(

I think this track of his represented the tipping point where EBM began to dominate the music I listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx4Zw34MOY4

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Sloppy posted:

It's not bad I guess, but it sure is weak compared to what he used to do :(

It's not as aggressive as the second track but I am really digging the new one and I will definitely check out some more newer material from them. I'm due for some newer sounding EBM anyway.

samurai slowdown
Jun 11, 2006

POWER UP
You can listen to samples of the new Skinny Puppy album here. It's still got the modern Puppy sound but less of the hyperactive pseudo IDM. Survivalisto is the only thing I hate so far.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It sorta sounds like a lot of this "witch house"* music I've been listening to lately because I am a terrible hipster. At least it's not bad. And that's good. Probably better than the last few albums. Also, I admittedly laughed at the "We'll make you feel the Jim Jones vibe" line in the opening song.

Plasicage is :asoiaf:

* Speaking of that, have some: https://soundcloud.com/m-c-ll/sets/remixes-collaborations-4

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 1, 2013

W424
Oct 21, 2010

samurai slowdown posted:

You can listen to samples of the new Skinny Puppy album here. It's still got the modern Puppy sound but less of the hyperactive pseudo IDM. Survivalisto is the only thing I hate so far.

I actually liked Solvent and some of the other stuff, weird.

Edit. I didn't realize Solvent was a "cover" untill just now.

W424 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 1, 2013

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

The new Aesthetic Perfection reminds me of some of Celldweller's stuff. It doesn't feel as aggressive/danceable as their older songs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
For aggressive, tranc-ey industrial music, I'm enjoying this:

http://vendettamusic.bandcamp.com/album/we-had-a-carnival

http://www.idieyoudie.com/2013/05/sleetgrout-we-had-a-carnival/

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 1, 2013

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

samurai slowdown posted:

This sounds god drat fantastic. I'm especially loving the generous dash of pure analog synths this album seems to have.

e: Actually, in some ways some of the stuff here reminds me of Volt 9000! (The Cleaner when do we get to hear something off Conopoly :colbert:)

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 1, 2013

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Key dropped an official version of paraGun to Facebook (and youtube)today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCatOT1D-Q

He made a post on litany about how it should really be listened to on a nice system with the volume cranked up, but dude is a nerdy stoner so what does he know?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

hatelull posted:

Key dropped an official version of paraGun to Facebook (and youtube)today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCatOT1D-Q

He made a post on litany about how it should really be listened to on a nice system with the volume cranked up, but dude is a nerdy stoner so what does he know?

This is ridiculously good :allears:

e: I guess the track kinda tapers off in the end but otherwise I'm digging the poo poo out of this. Loving the sounds.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 2, 2013

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I hope so. I haven't been able to listen to it yet thanks to this godforsaken conference call.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Wow, that Skinny Puppy track IS really good. I haven't listened to them in forever, and didn't really like a lot of recent releases (actually didn't like the, uh... pseudo IDM, haha). Thanks!

edit: Listened on repeat a few too many times, and now I'm pretty excited. I haven't been excited about a release in years and years.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010
It's not terrible, but not great either. I really wish they'd do some stuff that wasn't kid friendly/pop.