Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Has anyone in this thread even seen a Chechnyan?

I've seen some videos and almost lost my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
An article before said that there are only like 200 Chechen immigrants in the US (and they almost all live right around there), are there more of them in other countries?

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

codenameFANGIO posted:

CHAW-ch-CHAW-ch-CHAW

Marry me! For citzenship.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I saw one slice a Russian soldier's head off once. :gibs:

Edit: ClemenSalad's was better.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Samurai Sanders posted:

An article before said that there are only like 200 Chechen immigrants in the US (and they almost all live right around there), are there more of them in other countries?

I would suspect that equates to 198 people who think these two were inexcusable excuses for huamnity.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes, but mostly in other parts of Russia.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Was it from infowars? The US doesn't tag immigrants like bears and sharks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

uncle spero posted:

I would suspect that equates to 198 people who think these two were inexcusable excuses for huamnity.
You've misread me if you think I'm suggesting otherwise, I was just responding to someone asking if anyone had seen a Chechen.

edit: did you guys know that the Chechen language is nuts? It has 40-60 consonants and 44 vowels (for comparison, English has 24 and 19, give or take, and that's already on the mid-high end). This is weird because its neighbor languages have that many consonants but way fewer vowels. One of its relatives has two vowels.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 20, 2013

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jaegerx posted:

Was it from infowars? The US doesn't tag immigrants like bears and sharks.

We have numbers of who came from where, generally.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...

codenameFANGIO posted:

CHAW-ch-CHAW-ch-CHAW

CHICKENS DON'T CLAP

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

I just assume they're all like this:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
There are only about a million people in Chechnya anyway so i wouldn't be surprised

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Sir John Falstaff posted:

gently caress that guy.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Samurai Sanders posted:

You've misread me if you think I'm suggesting otherwise, I was just responding to someone asking if anyone had seen a Chechen.

sorry, no misread implied. We're certainly on the same page. I'm a latticework of emotions now but so many of them amazed at how this all ended.

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

Has anyone in this thread even seen a chicken?

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

Hollis posted:

As far as I know Russia Today is a semi reliable newspaper, or at least as reliable a newspaper in russia can be.. but it is incredibly strange that they had this guy on their radar.

Russia Today is even less reliable than Fox News. It's ran by Putin supporters, so you can imagine how honest it is.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

There are only about a million people in Chechnya anyway so i wouldn't be surprised

Chechnya has always really interested and saddened me. It's just such a strange place with a long.. long bloody history. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyK0wkkFcg

This video was from the year or two before these guys left.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Anyone else find this weird?

26 y/o Sean Collier was killed at MIT by the Boston bombers. Also, 26 y/o Sean Collier was killed in West Texas explosion.
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/andrewsullivan/rApM/~3/uNSgME1wgzU/

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Inspector_71 posted:

We have numbers of who came from where, generally.

Maybe work/student visas. Not resident aliens. I am one and have never had to use it for anything other than employment.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

poor nose posted:

Yes but not Mega Ultra Chicken, for he is legend.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I saw Colbert eat an egg roll out of a chicken's butt last night.

vickser
Dec 27, 2012
So where exactly were these guys born?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jaegerx posted:

Maybe work/student visas. Not resident aliens. I am one and have never had to use it for anything other than employment.

I mean we should have paperwork for the applications and should be able to tabulate who came from where. Not where they live or anything, but numbers of documented immigrants from X country shouldn't be very hard to come up with for the government.

But wait I just realized that Chechnya would just show up as "Russia" on an application wouldn't it. :downs:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
But... But Sean Collier's (26 y/o) been dead for ten years!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
People still think the brothers are Chechen?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sir John Falstaff posted:

It's always been my dream to sit on an animal while holding an animal and wearing an animal on my head

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

vickser posted:

Kyrgyzstan

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: ^^^ Or that. Knew it was around there somewhere.

vickser posted:

One in like Turkmenistan (I think), and the other I have no idea. Not Chechnya though, if I recall.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Who was that guy that Piers Morgan was just talking to? He hijacked the interview to talk about Syria. I'm legitimately curious why they were talking to him however.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

poor nose posted:

I used to be able to do this...

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector_71 posted:

I mean we should have paperwork for the applications and should be able to tabulate who came from where. Not where they live or anything, but numbers of documented immigrants from X country shouldn't be very hard to come up with for the government.

But wait I just realized that Chechnya would just show up as "Russia" on an application wouldn't it. :downs:

I read the same article as Samurai Sanders, but I'll be damned if I can't find it right now. Apparently, there has been a very tight-fisted grip on Chechen immigration for awhile now, so it's probably rather easy for the government to keep more accurate numbers.

EDIT: For people wondering, current sources indicate that the older brother was born in Russia, the younger was born in Kyrgyzstan.

electricpope
Sep 6, 2006

Anybody can be Pope; the proof of this is that I have become one.

Jewmanji posted:

In that picture of Tamerlin, is all of that swelling/redness around his face a stage of rigor?

From a number of pages ago, but thought I would answer since I have seen some curiosity about the picture of the dead suspect since it was first posted quite a while ago.

Basically, yes. It appears to me to be "purplish lividity", which is essentially when blood pools in the body after death, which often changes the skin color to a purplish hue. From where it is on his body and what I remember hearing from the police scanner, after he was incapacitated in the shootout he was cuffed and probably face-down in the street. Then officers were concerned he might have a suicide vest / explosive of some sort on his body, and he may very well could have, so they backed off. Not much has come out about that besides what we heard on the scanner when the police warned when searching for the second suspect that the first may have had an explosive vest on him. So they likely left him face-down and cuffed there a good while when he was dead or dying waiting for the EOD techs to check him out and clear the area of any suspicious devices.

From the picture we have of him post-death, I don't see any evidence of an actual explosion, just bullet wounds and the Thoracotomy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

pipebomb posted:

26 y/o Sean Collier was killed at MIT by the Boston bombers. Also, 26 y/o Sean Collier was killed in West Texas explosion.

Life is filled with bizarre coincidences. Robert Todd Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln, was saved by Edwin Booth, John Wilkes Booth's older brother, when he fell between a station platform and a move train.

ReidRansom posted:

e: ^^^ Or that. Knew it was around there somewhere.

One in like Turkmenistan (I think), and the other I have no idea. Not Chechnya though, if I recall.

They ethnically identify as Chechen, though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

pipebomb posted:

The Sean Collier on the Facebook page that is mentioned is the Sean Collier killed at MIT. It's just a memorial for him on a facebook page that is primarily for those who died in West, TX.

https://www.facebook.com/WestFirefighters/posts/163959167099723

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes its very hard for Chechens to come to the US because of tough US laws regarding terror and Russia protesting. With only 200 Chechens in the US my guess would be that only the most well-off families are able to get people here. These guys probably had a nice life back home at the top of society and came here and were just average.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Inspector_71 posted:

That makes more sense. I'm sure they have records now of who is here from where on what visa but where they are in this country? Slim to none.

Inspector_71 posted:

Yeah I'm sure now they can search a total amount of immigrants here and on what visa but no way to know where they live. I was quoting the idiot that seems to believe all 200 chenins live in Boston.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I was in North Ossetia once. Might've been a Chechen there, didn't really ask folks for their ethnic backgrounds.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The Sean Collier on the Facebook page that is mentioned is the Sean Collier killed at MIT. It's just a memorial for him on a facebook page that is primarily for those who died in West, TX.

https://www.facebook.com/WestFirefighters/posts/163959167099723

Ahh, way down the page. I see it now. Freaked me out for a sec.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Liquid Penguins posted:

Who was that guy that Piers Morgan was just talking to? He hijacked the interview to talk about Syria. I'm legitimately curious why they were talking to him however.

Someone who knew white hat. The media really needs to stop interviewing his friends. All they really end up saying is, "he seemed pretty cool." Then something awkward happens or they go on about something irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Rambling Robot posted:

gently caress that guy.

Yeah. Unfortunately, as long as he keeps on Putin's good side, he can pretty much do whatever he wants.

• Locked thread