Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Drug abuse is actually a focal point of my magnum opus comic series, The Terrance Saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm not one to call out people on the internet to earn respect from my e-peers, but I think you missed the joke haha.

Well poop. Did She's All That rip off Carrie?

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009
I just had lunch with a woman who said she never "meta-pun" she didn't like. She made sure to explain that it was "meta" and not "met a" which rather ruined the effect.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I had lunch with some interesting characters, too. Haha, Colleen from accounting tells the best stories about her cat.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Speaking of lunch, would a monte cristo be considered a sandwich?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I had lunch with some interesting characters, too. Haha, Colleen from accounting tells the best stories about her cat.

Don't hold out on us man

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

VarrosAnon posted:

Speaking of lunch, would a monte cristo be considered a sandwich?

No, but it would be considered a closed-face pizza.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Don't hold out on us man

What? Me? I'm a terrible storyteller. Maybe I'll see if she will do an AMA on reddit.

But she did have one story about the balding one, I think its name is Sprinkles, climbing on a pillow and then the pillow tumbled off the couch and it was adorable because it looked like he was tucked into bed with the pillow on top of him.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I have cats, so that really connects with me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

When it was my turn to help the lunch ladies clean up the cafeteria they assumed I knew spanish but guess what, I didn't

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Today I learned that wombat crap is shaped like a cube.

I'm going to get a hundred wombats and make a million dollars selling their poo poo to Minecraft fans.

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009

Noni posted:

I'm going to get a hundred wombats and make a million dollars selling their poo poo to Minecraft fans.

No you won't.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

He'll probably just get one wombat and lift it 100 times. Maybe add another wombat every workout. Maybe fight ducks with wombats.

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009

thedouche posted:

He'll probably just get one wombat and lift it 100 times. Maybe add another wombat every workout. Maybe fight ducks with wombats.

Lifting the wombat poop would probably be easier. I don't know how aggressive wombats are but I'd imagine that if they didn't appreciate being lifted they'd be able to mount some kind of inconvenient struggle. Of course you could always sedate them, but PI might get upset.

I'm not sure how effective a wombat would be when it comes to fighting ducks, though. Something tells me you're beyond your ken in this matter, Mr. thedouche.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

When it was my turn to help the lunch ladies clean up the cafeteria they assumed I knew spanish but guess what, I didn't

Spanish is a cool language man, you should learn.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

Illegibly Eligible posted:

Lifting the wombat poop would probably be easier. I don't know how aggressive wombats are but I'd imagine that if they didn't appreciate being lifted they'd be able to mount some kind of inconvenient struggle. Of course you could always sedate them, but PI might get upset.

I'm not sure how effective a wombat would be when it comes to fighting ducks, though. Something tells me you're beyond your ken in this matter, Mr. thedouche.

The wombat has a 10:1 weight advantage and the wombat wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat) cites a news story involving a wombat with the mange mauling an elderly human to death. I'm going to side with my mammalian brothers on this one.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

I have a friend we call wombat because he is fat and short. I'm glad I'm just short. Still sucks though. Girls always like the tall guys.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

General Bort posted:

I have a friend we call wombat because he is fat and short. I'm glad I'm just short. Still sucks though. Girls always like the tall guys.

Come now, General! Do not despair. That road leads to stereotyping and jaded bitterness, and it is ill-befitting of someone of your military rank. Why, there are a multitude of women in the world who prefer many different men, be they as short as Tolkien's fictitious Hobbits, or as tall as mighty giants. But it's not just height! I think you may find that, contrary to popular belief, women have just as many preferences in the field of romance as their male counter-parts! Love is found in the oddest places, my military-minded companion! I'm sure that, with a little effort, you might find someone who admires people of your limited stature, too.

I think the real truth behind your post is that you're probably a little unlikable. Maybe you shouldn't mock your friends, or refer to women as girls, for a start.
Also, if you complain a lot about not being able to get dates because of your height, probably don't do that either.

Just Burgs has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Apr 23, 2013

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm tired of posters on the internet using "unironically." It's redundant. If you like something, and you're not saying that sarcastically, then you just like it, and no one was asking whether irony entered into it.

That is all.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm tired of posters on the internet using "unironically." It's redundant. If you like something, and you're not saying that sarcastically, then you just like it, and no one was asking whether irony entered into it.

That is all.

I think you have a problem getting angry over little things. Maybe this is an early sign of OCD or maybe the dreaded 'tism.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

OmniDesol posted:

Come now, General! Do not despair. That road leads to stereotyping and jaded bitterness, and it is ill-befitting of someone of your military rank. Why, there are a multitude of women in the world who prefer many different men, be they as short as Tolkien's fictitious Hobbits, or as tall as mighty giants. But it's not just height! I think you may find that, contrary to popular belief, women have just as many preferences in the field of romance as their male counter-parts! Love is found in the oddest places, my military-minded companion! I'm sure that, with a little effort, you might find someone who admires people of your limited stature, too.

I think the real truth behind your post is that you're probably a little unlikable. Maybe you shouldn't mock your friends, or refer to women as girls, for a start.
Also, if you complain a lot about not being able to get dates because of your height, probably don't do that either.

I'm only 23 and I never heard women in my age complain when they get called girls. Is that some Tumblr poo poo? Me and my friends mock it's other all the time. Boys (Men?) do that. But thanks for the mostly encouraging post.

Not a General BTW. The name comes from the Simpson episode "General Bart"(Season 1 is underrated) and a joke in maybe my favorite episode "Itchy and Scratchy Land". What's your favorite episode?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

OmniDesol posted:

It owns being taller than average and I am very glad because it is better, also.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

That is all.
It has a purpose. You use it when someone's first thought would otherwise be "this has to be a joke." It emphasizes the ridiculousness of the situation.

I was handwashing dog toys in the bath tub when I suddenly realized -- how the gently caress am I going to dry these? They're full of stuffing; I can't just take my hair dryer to them. drat it.

v SEE?!

bunnybean has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Apr 24, 2013

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ok, you are right is it weird when you post, it makes me question my sobriety sometimes.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

General Bort posted:

I'm only 23 and I never heard women in my age complain when they get called girls. Is that some Tumblr poo poo? Me and my friends mock it's other all the time. Boys (Men?) do that. But thanks for the mostly encouraging post.

Not a General BTW. The name comes from the Simpson episode "General Bart"(Season 1 is underrated) and a joke in maybe my favorite episode "Itchy and Scratchy Land". What's your favorite episode?

I am very sorry to hear you did not earn your rank. I was about to thank you for your service to our great nation.

I regret to inform you I've never watched the Simpsons. It isn't on Netflix Instant Streaming. I have been watching Mad Men recently, and rather enjoying it though, if that helps.

tbp posted:

It owns being taller than average and I am very glad because it is better, also.
I like being tall too. I would totally give you a very high high-five.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

OmniDesol posted:

I like being tall too. I would totally give you a very high high-five.

I'm not that tall I'm 6'0 I wish I was as tall as my bro Rye he's 6'4 that's that aesthetic height

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's how tall I am *winks, does a 360 and moonwalks into a hallmark card*

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tbp posted:

I'm not that tall I'm 6'0 I wish I was as tall as my bro Rye he's 6'4 that's that aesthetic height

That's really weird, dude... I'm also 6'0, and my little bro is 6'4. One of us should find a way to artificially inflate our brothers' height, so we don't end up having a strange mirror life, and end up dying on the same day, or some freaky ghost poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

OmniDesol posted:

That's really weird, dude... I'm also 6'0, and my little bro is 6'4. One of us should find a way to artificially inflate our brothers' height, so we don't end up having a strange mirror life, and end up dying on the same day, or some freaky ghost poo poo.

Oh he's not my biological brother just my main boy you know what I mean

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tbp posted:

Oh he's not my biological brother just my main boy you know what I mean

Phew. You had me worried there for a moment. I feel like I just dodged a bullet. I feel like I should go relax with a good show; perhaps hit series Mad Men, available on Netflix Instant Streaming, or Arrested Development.
However, I'll probably just end up working on this stupid group project that no one else is working on but me, and one other classmate. Our other two members our deadweight, and one of them just talks about all the "mad hijinks" he gets up to with his fraternity, or the times his brother's been arrested/contracted STDs/got laid. I love working with people, but I do not like group projects much.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Also thank you for your answers in the other thread.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Black ppl call me shawty

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Noni posted:

Today I learned that wombat crap is shaped like a cube.

Ouya production line.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
When will Americans realize that the fiat currency the federal government hands out is worthless and switch to a currency with intrinsic value like wombat poop for example?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

paragon1 posted:

When will Americans realize that the fiat currency the federal government hands out is worthless and switch to a currency with intrinsic value like wombat poop for example?

Haha, sensational joke... scatological humor, along with a wink toward bitcoins, this is the stuff SA thrives on.

Cuttlefish Party
Mar 18, 2011

Cuttlefish: GO.
(They've advanced quickly.)

StandardVC10 posted:

That is all.

Perhaps it is more for the speaker's benefit than yours . . . picture a hipster trying to come to grips with whether they actually like PBR.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I don't mind pbr

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

It's not bad. I imagine if a beer existed in a white can that said "beer" it would taste like PBR.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

thedouche posted:

It's not bad. I imagine if a beer existed in a white can that said "beer" it would taste like PBR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

This is awesome, what is this???

• Locked thread