Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
CNN Releases Photos Of 3 Obese Mexican Women Suspected In Boston Bombing

Seriously, gently caress CNN forever. I have never before seen their kind of gross incompetence and irresponsibility. They were showing goddamn police movements on TV this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Breaking News: Boston section is great.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
They're knocking it out of the park right now

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

From The Onion: Study: Majority Of Americans Not Informed Enough To Stereotype Chechens
Not from The Onion: Czech official: We're not Chechen

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The pilot of the Onion's new webseries is up.

It's glorious.

SpiderHyphenMan has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Apr 20, 2013

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KFC Introduces New Boneless CEO

ChocolateMoose
Feb 10, 2011

Pop-Pop Gets A Treat?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Nation Starting To Realize New Era Of American Innovation Never Gonna Happen

This joins the "Do stuff you're passionate about on nights and weekends" and the communications major bit in being a :smith: reality check.

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011
As far as I'm aware, the US produces more scientific papers than any other nation.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Wubbles posted:

As far as I'm aware, the US produces more scientific papers than any other nation.

China does but they're all imitation studies that stop yielding observable data after like 2 weeks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Are you reacting seriously to an Onion article?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ultrafilter posted:

Are you reacting seriously to an Onion article?

The scourge of homosexuals blatanly going around sucking cocks with no regard for others is something that has to be addressed.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

MD2020 posted:

The scourge of homosexuals blatanly going around sucking cocks with no regard for others is something that has to be addressed.
It's true, they're coming for us.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Shocked Dzhokar Tsarnaev Always Thought Classmates Were Really Great Judges Of Character

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Taylor Swift Now Dating Watertown Boat

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Holy poo poo, I loving love the running jokes the onion puts out from time to time. The horse obsession a few years back was fantastic too.

Eb
May 6, 2003
After a bit too many serious/political articles this one is just loving excellent.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

"Swiftboat". Obvious, and yet somehow brilliant.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Lyer posted:

The horse obsession a few years back was fantastic too.
What was this?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A few years ago they were obsessed with horses.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Babe Magnet posted:

A few years ago they were obsessed with horses.

Getting the horse mask ad right below this post was oddly unsettling.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

What was this?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/conspiracy-theorists-insist-barbaro-still-alive,2168/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/millions-of-americans-travel-to-kentucky-to-attend,2139/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ghost-of-barbaro-appears-to-teach-nation-true-mean,2377/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nike-signs-big-brown-to-90-million-horseshoe-contr,2458/

Along with a bunch of captions and what not, poo poo just came out of nowhere and they kept on going with it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
U.S. Offers PlatinumPlus Preferred Citizenship

quote:

PlatinumPlus citizens—selected according to a number of demographic factors, including age, race and socio-economic status—will enjoy a wide variety of other benefits, including immunity from speeding tickets; separate, no-wait lines at over 50,000 post-office locations nationwide; and wider, more comfortable window seating.

PlatinumPlus citizens Connie and Russell Brodhagen of Del Mar, CA, enjoy a round of golf in a members-only, walled-in golfing facility in East Los Angeles, undisturbed by the surrounding war zone of urban poverty.

After just one year in the club, members can also begin earning extra votes for elections. "Wouldn't you like to earn up to five bonus votes for the next presidential election?" said U.S. Rep. Roger Wicker (R-MS), a co-sponsor of the measure. "With your new PlatinumPlus citizenship, you can."

According to Wicker, those at the highest level of the new program, or "Diamond Club" citizens, will enjoy additional rewards, including a pass good for acquittal from one crime (misdemeanor or felony), a no-interest credit line of up to $500,000 and, for able-bodied male PlatinumPlus members between ages 18 and 35, excusal from the draft should a foreign war arise.

Gordon Alarie, CEO of the Dallas-based Integrated Systems Management Group, was among the first to receive a PlatinumPlus citizenship offer in the mail. "As CEO and founder of a Fortune 500 corporation, I've contributed a great deal to the U.S. over the years," Alarie said. "It's nice to know that now, with the PlatinumPlus Preferred citizenship program, I'll finally start getting something back."

Rosalyn Murcheson Biddle, a Scarsdale, NY, art collector, was also extended an offer to join. "The PlatinumPlus-only express lanes on the highways are nice, and so are the unlimited drinks," Biddle said. "But what I really like is the program's Gold Circle Premium Health Care package, which gets me access to the finest medical care anywhere. It's nice to know that if I ever get too wrapped up in a car-phone conversation and hit another vehicle, emergency workers arriving on the scene will prioritize my injuries over those of any other people who may have been hurt."

Added Biddle: "The free cancer inoculations are a nice plus, too."

Oct 29, 1997

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Report: Majority Of Americans Now Answering To Name 'Lardface'

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Study: Wolf Attacks Still Leading Cause Of Death In U.S.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
Oh man, the second picture in that article just killed me. Those "replace common term with a different term" stories are hilarious.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Real article:
MDs warn teens: Don't take the cinnamon challenge

Onion:
Surgeon General Warns Teens Cinnamon Challenge Is Not For Pussies

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

In the same spirit, one of my favorites:
Dry Humping An Adequate Sex Alternative For Teens, Says Weird, Unsolicited Report From Department Of Interior

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
http://www.theonion.com/articles/wolf-blitzer-decks-boston-man-who-hasnt-been-heale,32169/

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Since seeing the appalling coverage of the Boston attack by CNN, I'm reminded of the amazing 'autistic reporter' segments the Onion News Network did. They encapsulate perfectly the complete disconnect from human emotion field reporters seem to have. Watching the videos again I keep expecting the guy to blurt out "HOW MANY LIMBS DID YOU HAVE TO AMPUTATE TODAY?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx5WJjXmuQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInDH2FeXaM

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I loving love the Tim Duncan articles:

Citing Battle Of Agincourt, Tim Duncan Urges Lakers Not To Get Too Discouraged By Game 1 Loss

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Robert Denby posted:

Since seeing the appalling coverage of the Boston attack by CNN, I'm reminded of the amazing 'autistic reporter' segments the Onion News Network did. They encapsulate perfectly the complete disconnect from human emotion field reporters seem to have. Watching the videos again I keep expecting the guy to blurt out "HOW MANY LIMBS DID YOU HAVE TO AMPUTATE TODAY?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx5WJjXmuQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInDH2FeXaM

These are absolutely brilliant, and I just now noticed the ticker on the train one.

"Jewish leaders call for waiter."
"Nation grinds to a halt as snarky sarcasm reaches critical levels."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's no story attached but my favorite Tim Duncan Onion thing is the headline "Groans Abound As Tim Duncan Raises Hand Once Again At City Council Meeting".

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

With CNN's coverage of Boston being poked at by comic and regular journalist alike, I was hoping they'd bring back the :spergin: reporter. Or at least "In the Know"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Give it time.

Meanwhile, this showed up on the Facebook page today: I've Been Having Some Pretty hosed-Up Bread Thoughts Lately

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/24/nasa_penis_mars/

Wait a minute, that isn't The Onion!

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Is the punchline a reference to the silly bar fight in On Deadly Ground?

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Dzhokar Tsarnaev Posts Bail

I cannot wait to see the incredible amounts of anger that this will generate

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Fast-Talking Computer Hacker Just Has To Break Through Encryption Shield Before Uploading Nano-Virus

quote:

The efficiently executed hacking reportedly began at approximately 6:45 p.m. when Cipher, wearing a tight-fitting black hooded sweatshirt, skintight jeans, and black Converse with no laces, inserted a flash drive into his laptop’s USB port and said “Let the games begin” as an upload bar materialized on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

hate pants posted:

Dzhokar Tsarnaev Posts Bail

I cannot wait to see the incredible amounts of anger that this will generate

It's already hit Literally Unbelievable.