Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

Supeerme posted:

Scource: Command and Conquer Red Alert

I've lost my C&C RA CDs and now you're ruined my Friday. :saddowns:

Edit: holy poo poo! Thanks, Rectus!

Butt Savage has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Apr 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Butt Savage posted:

I've lost my C&C RA CDs and now you're ruined my Friday. :saddowns:

EA made Red alert freeware when RA 3 was released, you're just two downloads away from a restored Friday: Allied Soviet

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

The 1932 Howard Hawks/Howard Hughes "Scarface", another stunt from "The Dark Knight", "This is Cinerama", and an explosion of kittens!

kaheidt
Apr 19, 2004

Super Mario Brothers cartoon intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkWYP95WbbY)

kaheidt has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Apr 26, 2013

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
BITCH!

Tewratomeh posted:

Gently-rolling clouds in a clear sky always put me in mind of practically any given 80's-90's network TV show. For some reason I saw this .gif and the Quantum Leap theme immediately popped into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfCFeO_KM5I

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

kaheidt posted:

Super Mario Brothers cartoon intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkWYP95WbbY)

This is on Netflix if any of you want to witness the show itself in its full glory, by the way.

I really do recommend watching just the first five minutes of the first episode to get an idea of what the show is like.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Chantilly Say posted:

This is on Netflix if any of you want to witness the show itself in its full glory, by the way.

It's basically the greatest show. Everyone watch it. When I was a lad I got to meet Captain Lou Albano, he was a friend of my grandfathers. I remember his awesome 'stache. :c00lbert:

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos

Cross posted from the GCCX thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Bash Ironfist posted:

It's basically the greatest show. Everyone watch it. When I was a lad I got to meet Captain Lou Albano, he was a friend of my grandfathers. I remember his awesome 'stache. :c00lbert:

Watch it? I own the entire boxed set! I bought it to watch during a long car ride, and it really does have to be seen to be believed. Imagine an animation company less competent than Hannah Barbera, and you might be prepared for the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. :v:
Nothing can prepare you for Toad though... *shudder*

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

dijon du jour posted:

Watch it? I own the entire boxed set! I bought it to watch during a long car ride, and it really does have to be seen to be believed. Imagine an animation company less competent than Hannah Barbera, and you might be prepared for the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. :v:

I had half the episodes taped from the FAM! (?) channel onto a VHS. It was that and the Sonic cartoon my entire childhood. :allears:

I ended up buying one of the Sonic boxsets and tried to watch it before realizing that I am not, in fact, 8 years old any more and couldn't handle the outpouring of cheesiness. :( Still, is it just the SMBSS on Netflix, or are the 3/World ones on there as well? gently caress yes Koopalings.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

All I can remember of the Mario Bros. show was a sequence where Mario fought Bowser with Michael Jackson's "Beat It" playing. It was a surreal fucker of a show.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

This is like when you have a bunch of mousetraps all rigged and just set off one which sets off the rest.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

To this day, I still remember the episode where the Mario brothers and the princess get to meet Milli Vanilli.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Super Mario Brothers: All the jokes are about pipes and pasta.

(I got a DVD of it for my daughter and we've watched some of it on Netflix. I loved it as a kid but I honestly can't bear it as a 30 year old.)

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Apr 26, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Lyer posted:

To this day, I still remember the episode where the Mario brothers and the princess get to meet Milli Vanilli.

Haha oh man I remember that one. The two episodes that stick out in my mind are the Toad Warrior (ugh) one and the Star Wars parody episode, mostly because they were the two of the most ludicrous episodes and were particularly good examples of the show's weird pasta obsession. "May the pasta be with you! :byodame:"
Man now I want to grab my DVDs and make some gifs of the show, but they're back at home so I'll have to wait until after finals. :sigh:

e: I love the show but then again I have a deep fondness for "so-bad-it's-good" cheese.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

:byodood: "LET'S PARTY!!"

"Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters"

:nws: nudity: http://i.imgflip.com/195c7.gif

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Bieeardo posted:

I never imagined that an ambiguously drawn rear end could hurt my brain so much.

You obviously never visited goatse.cx

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Bash Ironfist posted:

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Was your grandpa a wrestler also?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

stubblyhead posted:

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Was your grandpa a wrestler also?

Nope. From what I remember, Lou and my father played in the same poker group together.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
One of my greatest loves - looping gifs:

I made this one! :downs: And when I am not at work I will attempt to make it properly loop:

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Some same-y stuff

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

morcant posted:

One of my greatest loves - looping gifs:

Wish this had the goon grenade

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Ed is a sassy cat.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Holy poo poo who are these guys because this is blowing my mind.

source

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

dijon du jour posted:

World Order - Machine Civilization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-qhj3sJ5qs

Their other videos are similar and also great.

Sloane has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Apr 27, 2013

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Nevermind, I figured it out.

SlippyFists has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Apr 27, 2013

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Palpek posted:

"How could this have happened?"
THANKS OBAMA

I could probably get it to loop better in GIMP, but, effort.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

dijon du jour posted:

Genki Sudo, the lead singer with the glasses used to be an MMA fighter. He used to actually do those elaborate dance routines as his entrance to bouts.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Hey, its that campfire they badly composit into every "Aqua Teen" episode!

"Hardware" aka "MARK13"
EDIT: By the way, that dude in the fourth gif... Porkins from "Star Wars".

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Apr 27, 2013

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Hey, its that campfire they badly composit into every "Aqua Teen" episode!

"Hardware" aka "MARK13"

Well I know what I'm watching tonight :dance:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sub-Actuality posted:

Well I know what I'm watching tonight :dance:

I saw this many many years ago at a 24-hour science fiction movie marathon. Seeing it 36+ hours since the last time you slept is the preferable delivery method; I don't remember much about it but I do remember it's pretty hosed up with a great soundtrack.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Memento1979 posted:

I saw this many many years ago at a 24-hour science fiction movie marathon. Seeing it 36+ hours since the last time you slept is the preferable delivery method; I don't remember much about it but I do remember it's pretty hosed up with a great soundtrack.

Hells yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKcfQ6Ldow

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I understand the SFX in the new Iron Man movie aren't as good as the last one.

That's Graham Norton.

Mister Kingdom has a new favorite as of 13:54 on Apr 27, 2013

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

That movie was worth it for the Lemmy and Iggy Pop cameos on their own. The soundtrack was a massive bonus.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Weed and pussy, pussy and weed.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/delrOYL.gif :nws:

Slightly Not Work Safe for cleavage/underwear.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
"Kingdom of Heaven", a great movie if you get the director's cut (which is the only version available on Blu-Ray).

:nms: Linked for Liam Neeson splitting a dude's goddamn head in half:http://i.imgflip.com/19c7e.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

via http://imgur.com/a/GPlx4

• Locked thread