Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Does anyone know what the new character customization options are? I'm on 360 and have gotten a message on start up that there was a problem with them. Got a new message today that the problem had been resolved so I started a new character out of curiosity (I was still pretty early on), but didnt see anything new. I noticed on the message screen that there's a "character customization preview" option, but I have no idea where that is either. What am I missing?

2 additional hairstyles and 4 additional skin colors. The 2 hairstyles are already ingame as Olga's hair and the final boss's human hair. You should download the Preview Pack DLC for free at the very least as mentioned so you can see the new hairs on other player's pawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
Picking this up and getting drawn back into this game got me to come back to the forums after a million years, too. DA content has been a blast, though I'm playing on Hard (since I started a third play though on DD and it locked me in when I imported) so every big boss is absolutely ruthless even for my 118+ level crew. Just got past the giant beholder and it was one of the easier fights since my Ranger was able to just duck behind pillars and unleash tenfold arrows the whole time, but the prisoner gorecyclops is daunting due to how much drat life has.

Question/Plea for mercy: Does anyone have a Dragon Knight helmet they'd be willing to gift my pawn/exchange for? GT is in the spreadsheet under 360. I spent so many drat hours in the Everfall searching for that stupid thing and I never found it in any of the possible chests. :negative:

The barrel helm is one of my favorite pieces of armor and one with wings on the side is even better. I just can't ever find the drat thing.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Hmm. I seemed to find a weird and disturbing bug. Unless it's meant to be.

I beat Daimon the second time. Now, during this time-I never got to kill Death. I weakened him to...2-3 bubbles or so, but he just never spawned a lot. Ahh well, I said, I'll get him the third time.

For some reason, when he appeared again in the third time...his health was full. I was not amused. I don't know if this is a bug or if Death is intended to refill after two times in?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I should know this but I had a huge brain fart, but are the customization DLCs from DD (voicepacks, eye patches, etc.) included in DA, or would I still have to buy them?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Azaael posted:

Hmm. I seemed to find a weird and disturbing bug. Unless it's meant to be.

I beat Daimon the second time. Now, during this time-I never got to kill Death. I weakened him to...2-3 bubbles or so, but he just never spawned a lot. Ahh well, I said, I'll get him the third time.

For some reason, when he appeared again in the third time...his health was full. I was not amused. I don't know if this is a bug or if Death is intended to refill after two times in?

It's possible that beating Daimon resets/updates the Isle, which may mean it does the same to Death.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

PunkBoy posted:

I should know this but I had a huge brain fart, but are the customization DLCs from DD (voicepacks, eye patches, etc.) included in DA, or would I still have to buy them?

They are included, the items need to be purchased from the Black Cat but the extra voices and hair styles should be available in character customization by default.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Has anyone seen pictures anywhere of what the new DLC character edit options look like?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They are included, the items need to be purchased from the Black Cat but the extra voices and hair styles should be available in character customization by default.

Okay that's what I figured. Thanks!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

epitasis posted:

Has anyone seen pictures anywhere of what the new DLC character edit options look like?

There's an ingame preview options, but I haven't seen any pictures online.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Lotish posted:

It's possible that beating Daimon resets/updates the Isle, which may mean it does the same to Death.

Nah, when you beat him once the Labyrinth permanently changes to upgraded enemies and fucktons of dragons - this also has the side effect of locking you out of critical materials like Moonshimmer Pelts. Death pretty much respawns immediately and you'll still encounter him at the usual increments. I'm on my 3rd go at defeating him and he's almost down again.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

What have you found is the fastest way to down him? I'm thinking ranger or magic archer unless he has a specific spell weakness. If I'm right I'm gonna put together a literal hunting party.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but if you go back to Bitterblack on New Game +, all of the rift stones you fixed will still be repaired when you come back.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Lotish posted:

What have you found is the fastest way to down him? I'm thinking ranger or magic archer unless he has a specific spell weakness. If I'm right I'm gonna put together a literal hunting party.

A longbow would be better, Tenfold Arrow and all, but I'm making do with just a Shortbow for now. "Darkening Storm" Rarefied, 1305strength, 500 Stagger/Knockdown power, 2548 normal strength unbuffed. 3000 with strength buff.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So with how important Rift crystals are on Bitterblack, do you get them a lot more often from enemies or something? In the week I've been playing I've only gotten about 50k from having my pawn rented if those are supposed to be the main source, but it seems like I'd go through those fast on Bitterblack.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

If anyone on the 360 list has a spare Moonshimmer Pelt, I'd appreciate it. :smith:

You can use the Forger in Gran Soren to dupe mats.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gyoru posted:

If anyone on the 360 list has a spare Moonshimmer Pelt, I'd appreciate it. :smith:

You can use the Forger in Gran Soren to dupe mats.

I would be all over this for you if there was cross-platform usage.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

RatHat posted:

So with how important Rift crystals are on Bitterblack, do you get them a lot more often from enemies or something? In the week I've been playing I've only gotten about 50k from having my pawn rented if those are supposed to be the main source, but it seems like I'd go through those fast on Bitterblack.
Yes, you'll get a lot of rift crystals from enemy drops, chests, and just finding them lying around.

Lotish posted:

I always just ricochet shot him in the tight corridors, and he falls over a bunch and leaves in a few minutes.

RatHat posted:

So there are apparently some Bitterblack notice board quests that can only be done pre Post-game. Where is the noticeboard for Bitterblack? I don't want to explore too much since I'm only level 31 at the moment and will probably get my rear end handed to me.
There are three noticeboards in total, one at the top, behind Olra. Then there are two more within the island in these resting/checkpoint sort of areas. I think they're called Warrior's Respite and Arisen's Respite. I'm pretty sure the only one that'd need to be cleared before post game is the defeat the Silver and Gold Knights in the Everfall, since you fight them at the bottom of the regular Everfall.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Why do I sometimes fail to use bow skills as a strider? I've can't figure out any pattern to it.

edit: I figured this out. It's when you switch a skill. I didn't realize you "armed" a skill for R2... I thought R2 was just shoot an arrow, but it's shoot whichever skill you "arm".

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 28, 2013

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
loving H. Hell does it always take this long to get around? I can feel my will to live drain to zero while watching my arthritic old bastard of a magic knight stumble along for ten minutes before eventually collapsing right in front a wolf.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

jfjnpxmy posted:

loving H. Hell does it always take this long to get around? I can feel my will to live drain to zero while watching my arthritic old bastard of a magic knight stumble along for ten minutes before eventually collapsing right in front a wolf.

You unlock teleportation points through quests, but they require using a consumable item.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

If anyone is wondering, the two new facial hair options on a close trimmed goatee and a medium length beard with braids in it. The braided beard is great if you like making dwarf pawns.

e: From the DLC, that is.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ugh, I think I'm going to kick the difficulty down to easy. Attacks that one shot me just aren't fun. Some bastard sorcerer pawn killed me with Maelstrom, a warrior one bashed my head in, and the attack the Eliminators have is just bullshit. Especially when the shitlord decides to do it with a sliver of health left. Really, apart from that and the attacks that kill pawns with no chance of reviving them, this expansion rocks. Apparently it only changes how much damage enemies do, and that's basically what I want.

Took me a while to work out how to kill the Ghost Pope. You kill his dragon and he falls down, of course. Why didn't I think of that?

Carrion enemies are really getting on my nerves. It's fine when there's not already some horrible huge monster about, but when they appear in the middle of a fight, it's really annoying. And then there's the part where it spawns three loving Garms at once. No thank you.

Anyway, a bit more in Magick Archer and I can finally go back to Assassin. What vocation level is it for the set yourself on fire thing?

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Tried to take some shots of my pawn's current 'cosplay' that I'm working at. Just need some Hellfire gloves or whatever those equivalents are at the moment. Not the best pics-Should have stood in a much lighter area, but I had brainfarted there(it looked about four times as light onscreen, honest). Makes my main dude look more undead than usual. It's one of the closer things I can get to the 'Amon-Devilman' look/tribute.

Now that I have more stuff Dragonforged I think I'll start doing some ordinary questing in Non Pawn Murderland with a load of low to mid level Goon pawns. If there are any particular items you're looking for for gifts, let me know.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Uhggg. What's with all the pubbie mage pawns having Challenger/Scather or Aquisitor/Guardian setups.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Miijhal posted:

Uhggg. What's with all the pubbie mage pawns having Challenger/Scather or Aquisitor/Guardian setups.
There are things you do in the game that changes pawn behaviors indirectly, right? Something that you do normally during gameplay must cause the aquisitor behavior to rise to the top since almost everyone has that as one of the two top behaviors.

edit: it leads to whenever we enter someone's house, my hired pawns going all Link on it, smashing everything in sight as fast as they can.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 28, 2013

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

McDragon posted:

Anyway, a bit more in Magick Archer and I can finally go back to Assassin. What vocation level is it for the set yourself on fire thing?

Magick Archer.

Derp, misread. Rank 7 for the first, 9 for the upgraded one.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
He was asking for Vocation level :v:
I think the level 2 skill, Immolation, is level 9 Magick Archer. I want to say the first level is something like level 7? Not entirely sure off the top of my head.

e: welp :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

What the gently caress!

Siren songs heal the enemies!! I just had an eliminator down to 2 bars and all of a sudden he jumps to full in 5 seconds!! The hell is that? I noticed the green glow of healing effect and it faded as I killed the siren. God drat those things are hard enough to bring down.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

There are things you do in the game that changes pawn behaviors indirectly, right? Something that you do normally during gameplay must cause the aquisitor behavior to rise to the top since almost everyone has that as one of the two top behaviors.

edit: it leads to whenever we enter someone's house, my hired pawns going all Link on it, smashing everything in sight as fast as they can.
See, I've been running around gathering poo poo all week and haven't gotten my pawn to get Aquisitor. And even if they did get it, I have pawn inclination potions on hand so they go back to a sane setup.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

Just got the Immortal Helm from the Soulflayer Canyon/Bitterblack quest. That's quite a piece of hardware right there. Man, I love the look of the new stuff.

Anyone used any aneled weapons yet? I've found a handful and fully upgraded one deals blindness as well as soaking targets in oil, so they sound kind of tempting.

vvv: Yeah I think most people playing never use the knowledge chairs and just run around gathering stuff while their pawns fight then spam 'Help!' over and over when they get attacked.

ghost bones fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 28, 2013

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Miijhal posted:

See, I've been running around gathering poo poo all week and haven't gotten my pawn to get Aquisitor. And even if they did get it, I have pawn inclination potions on hand so they go back to a sane setup.

I think they only pick it up if you run around grabbing poo poo during fights. Also, I mostly see Guardian/Mendicant on random pawns. Totally useless.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?

Miijhal posted:

It's really weird-my main dude I had for Scather/Utilitarian but he kept going to Scather/Challenger. These days he's just stuck at that last, it works well enough though for a warrior. I too pick stuff up a lot and he doesn't budge. If I try to feed him another Utilitarian potion, however, he bounces back to Challenger-even if I pick stuff up.

My alt pawn though-he's Scather first and stays, but I try to keep him as Utilitarian or Challenger-I don't pick stuff up all the time-and he keeps going back to Acquisitor. It doesn't even take him very long. So they seem to 'learn by doing' in some ways, but in other ways they don't.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What is the preferred setup for a Mage Pawn? Utilitarian/Medicant? I want to make a good pawn who can be useful to others, after all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The way I see it, mage pawns always drop what they are doing and cast healing spells if the arisen is in trouble regardless of inclination, so why not set them up for pure offense anyway, same as any other class.

Like in most games, the way I see it in DD is, the best defense is killing the enemy as quickly as possible.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Night10194 posted:

What is the preferred setup for a Mage Pawn? Utilitarian/Medicant? I want to make a good pawn who can be useful to others, after all.

Utilitarian/Medicant is good. Basically, you want the first to be Utilitarian, the second is best off not being Guardian, Mitigator, Aquisitor, and especially loving Nexus.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The way I see it, mage pawns always drop what they are doing and cast healing spells if the arisen is in trouble regardless of inclination, so why not set them up for pure offense anyway, same as any other class.

Like in most games, the way I see it in DD is, the best defense is killing the enemy as quickly as possible.
It's more an issue of them not casting buffs on you. I had a pawn on my team who was a Nexus, and would never loving cast their elemental buffs, even when we were fighting Phantasms. Sucks when you're a Warrior with no elemental abilities of your own. Guardian is bad because it makes your pawn sit around and do nothing, Mitigator is kind of useless since most trash enemies just die from getting close to one of the worthwhile targets, and Aquisitior makes pawns drop everything they're doing to gather poo poo in the middle of fighting drakes. Although having one Aquisitor who isn't the main offense or support on your team can be nice sometimes.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 28, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Emong posted:

Magick Archer.

Derp, misread. Rank 7 for the first, 9 for the upgraded one.

Nahxela posted:

He was asking for Vocation level :v:
I think the level 2 skill, Immolation, is level 9 Magick Archer. I want to say the first level is something like level 7? Not entirely sure off the top of my head.

e: welp :v:

Okay, thanks. One more level then. :toot:

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I thought what influence pawn behavior is the chit chat you have with them at the pawn guild?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Bleusilences posted:

I thought what influence pawn behavior is the chit chat you have with them at the pawn guild?

Talking to your pawns at inns or the pawn guild, the actions you take in and out of battle, and most importantly inclination potions all effect pawn behavior.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Thank you Gibbed, your pawn actually shoots the metal golem medallion suspended in mid air (as long as the metal golem wasn't around).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rascyc posted:

Thank you Gibbed, your pawn actually shoots the metal golem medallion suspended in mid air (as long as the metal golem wasn't around).

Some of the new hats are so silly. I had to retire my eyepatch for a bit to use the dumb unicorn horn hat for a bit.

• Locked thread