Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are you expected to do all the avalon pact quests before challenging Magusar? I finished the main book and he kicked my rear end pretty hard.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stealthed Zombie posted:

At what point does it ask for Online Pass? I put the code in as well and there didn't seem to be a download for it, but I could query the online and pull down my DLC costumes. It's not only when you actually try to play with other people is it? I'm now a little :ohdear:

It doesn't have a download, as long as you entered the code it SHOULD work. Me and my friend were really confused the other day too.

Beebo
Aug 15, 2006

Shake!
Okay, I found a solution to the problem of not getting the pre-order dlc and network pass. If you go to the PSN webstore on a computer, you should be able to "buy" the network pass and dlc for free. Everything should be working next time you start the game. You can get the dlc ingame from Network->peddler->Claim Gift.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

*Sigh* Didn't realise that it was only a pre-load for the UK today. It's been downloading all day only to slap me in the face with a 'not yet accessible'. Ah well.

lorekoo
Oct 27, 2007

Beebo posted:

Okay, I found a solution to the problem of not getting the pre-order dlc and network pass. If you go to the PSN webstore on a computer, you should be able to "buy" the network pass and dlc for free. Everything should be working next time you start the game. You can get the dlc ingame from Network->peddler->Claim Gift.

This totally works. Thanks.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Depends. Do you intend to play multiplayer? Because Divine characters are pretty drat useful when every other random gently caress is going full Dark and exploding as soon as a archfiend looks at them wrong.

In SP you'll just take longer to kill stuff, but it's not much of an issue at all.

Yeah I'll probably dive into Multiplayer once I've done the story. Thanks guys, I'll stick to my guns and go divine.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

ihatepants posted:

I started my download this morning when I woke up (about 17 hours ago) and I'm only at 1267/1752mb. It says I still have 300+ minutes left and I haven't even started the download for the 500+mb Japanese VO pack yet.
:negative:

If it is going that slow, chances are you should probably just reset your internet or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are you expected to do all the avalon pact quests before challenging Magusar? I finished the main book and he kicked my rear end pretty hard.

I'm kinda confused as well. Final boss spoilers
He kind of retreats to a corner of the field, throws on a shield and spawns 3 mega fire golems and just camps behind them nonstop

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

RentCavalier posted:

If it is going that slow, chances are you should probably just reset your internet or something.

Or try pausing the download, wait a few seconds, then resume it. Most of the time, the download speed will pick up after that.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm kinda confused as well. Final boss spoilers
He kind of retreats to a corner of the field, throws on a shield and spawns 3 mega fire golems and just camps behind them nonstop

That's just phase one.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
People with problems downloading the Online Pass. It's a service not a download. Try going online to see if the game checks it properly. (this is on the NA PSN)

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Yechezkel posted:

Or try pausing the download, wait a few seconds, then resume it. Most of the time, the download speed will pick up after that.

:aaaaa:

You're my favorite person on these forums Yech.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have a werewolf stripper that surfs around on lightning and collects the tears of her enemies.

goty

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I can't be Cerberus for the life of me. Any advice?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

elmer fud posted:

Shield every charge. It's a free knockdown where you can mash his weak points. When he pulls his spear and sticks lightning on the ground run towards him in between the bolts, not away. If you're unable to shield a charge, mash X to continuously roll to the side to avoid the spin he does at the end. His ranged spinny ground things he throws while standing are thrown in pairs and mashing X to roll to the side avoids them. When he crouches and spits lightning, get away.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
So i loaded my demo save and i forgot to fix my Black Rite and i'm barely getting any Lacrima the problem is i can't take but 3 hits before i die. Is there any way to get more Lacrima easily?

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

elmer fud posted:

Grow two more heads. All or most of them should be dogs.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Agnostalgia posted:

Grow two more heads. All or most of them should be dogs.

See now this is the kind of advice I was looking for. Now I just need to buy some dogs...

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Smornstein posted:

So i loaded my demo save and i forgot to fix my Black Rite and i'm barely getting any Lacrima the problem is i can't take but 3 hits before i die. Is there any way to get more Lacrima easily?

I did the same. Load the demo, fix your sigil and make sure you're only coming in with ten stocks per spell, then start a new game in the full game and re-import your save.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
Alright thanks thankfully i barely did anything, i literally gained a single sacrifice level and did like 3 missions.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So I got a skill very early on that when fused instantly levels up some of my skills. Like The 15 damage axe throw is now 25 damage, with 4 axes instead of 1. I think it went from Pinwheel S to Pinwheel M.

So basically if you spent hours farming up spells to fuse in the demo so you could get M spells sorry :v: I already have a lot of demo stuff that is outdated because of that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So I got a skill very early on that when fused instantly levels up some of my skills. Like The 15 damage axe throw is now 25 damage, with 4 axes instead of 1. I think it went from Pinwheel S to Pinwheel M.

So basically if you spent hours farming up spells to fuse in the demo so you could get M spells sorry :v: I already have a lot of demo stuff that is outdated because of that.

You're talking about that Treasure chest, right? I think there are only a limited number of them per game since you only seem to get them for completing the Memory Recovery Missions which are only completable once. (Now, the good part is you can take friends into the recovery missions in online play if you haven't completed them yet, but it is still only once.)

So, I'm doing the standard hoarder RPG tactic of keeping them all until the endgame, so I can get free upgrades to my super expensive spells, instead of wasting them on making Sword Icebrand (S) --> Sword Icebrand (M).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh drat if they are that limited then that was a waste. Do the same ones that go S>M also take spells all the way to L?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

AlternateNu posted:

You're talking about that Treasure chest, right? I think there are only a limited number of them per game since you only seem to get them for completing the Memory Recovery Missions which are only completable once. (Now, the good part is you can take friends into the recovery missions in online play if you haven't completed them yet, but it is still only once.)

So, I'm doing the standard hoarder RPG tactic of keeping them all until the endgame, so I can get free upgrades to my super expensive spells, instead of wasting them on making Sword Icebrand (S) --> Sword Icebrand (M).

They are not limited.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Belzac posted:

They are not limited.

When/where do you get to grind for them, then?

deadlinguo
Nov 17, 2004
when the revolution comes

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I didn't know you could fuse S spells up to M spells. So far the only way I've found to do it is to combine with the Treasure Chest. I have no idea what I'm doing in this game and there are surprisingly few resources on the internet to help considering it's been out for months in Japan. :(

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

deadlinguo posted:

I didn't know you could fuse S spells up to M spells. So far the only way I've found to do it is to combine with the Treasure Chest. I have no idea what I'm doing in this game and there are surprisingly few resources on the internet to help considering it's been out for months in Japan. :(

You need to combine two spells that are rank ***, that will level them up from S -> M and I guess M -> L?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

AlternateNu posted:

When/where do you get to grind for them, then?

The are several fights in the final missions of the Magusaur chapter that drop them for Divine Rank.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So the Avalon missions, are they like the "Port" version of quests as in Monster Hunter? As in, they're meant for online but you can do them alone, it'll just take longer than a normal quest? And then the single player stuff is the prologue like story quests? Or was I just sucking really bad on those Avalon quests, because they seemed harder.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So the Avalon missions, are they like the "Port" version of quests as in Monster Hunter? As in, they're meant for online but you can do them alone, it'll just take longer than a normal quest? And then the single player stuff is the prologue like story quests? Or was I just sucking really bad on those Avalon quests, because they seemed harder.

Avalon Pacts can all be done online, yeah. In single player terms you can choose the allies you want to bring for those missions, as opposed to purely single player quests which tend to have no allies or predefined ones.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
What do you guys mean by leveling up spells using chests of fortune? I think I have 10 of them at the moment, but I don't see the option to fuse spells with them anywhere.

Edit: found it! Press L + triangle on the chests and they will show which spells can be leveled up. Apparently, (s) chests can only create (m) items and they only upgrade raw materials like axe edges, giant's arms and pinwheels.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 2, 2013

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

My only real complaint with this game is that there is no reference ingame for where you can get spells. It'd be nice if it showed the missions after you acquired them.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I just got an assassin sent after me for saving too many monsters and found that it's really not so bad. You just have to kill them and you get their stuff and move on. I don't know if this is only true at the beginning or what, but it makes divinity seem like a viable choice.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Does anyone have a good mission for getting Orc SE+? I haven't found too many missions that are high enough level to get the better essences but still have the regular Orc instead of a variant.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

The Flying Milton posted:

My only real complaint with this game is that there is no reference ingame for where you can get spells. It'd be nice if it showed the missions after you acquired them.

Belzac posted:

You can see them on the screen where you picked the mission but can also change your arm. Here's a photo:

Agnostalgia posted:

Does anyone have a good mission for getting Orc SE+? I haven't found too many missions that are high enough level to get the better essences but still have the regular Orc instead of a variant.

Try Avalon Pacts -> Atonement -> Forest Fiend Fight

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Belzac posted:

Try Avalon Pacts -> Atonement -> Forest Fiend Fight

Thanks! Got the essences I needed in two runs.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
What are the three ways to tease Librom?
I've managed to tip him forwards and backwards by tapping him as well as spinning him around with a swipe.

Ekallo
Oct 13, 2006
what

these

scissorman posted:

What are the three ways to tease Librom?
I've managed to tip him forwards and backwards by tapping him as well as spinning him around with a swipe.

Did you tap both the front and rear touchpad? There's two ways to knock him down.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Ekallo posted:

Did you tap both the front and rear touchpad? There's two ways to knock him down.

I did but I tried it again and this time it registered the achievement, which seems weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uh so in the side sorcerer stories don't sacrifice your buddy. You can finish the mission normally but you'll have to redo it + pay tears to revive them.

You do unlock some arm sigils that way though.

• Locked thread